Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence (11000 Views)

8 Signs Of Scholarship Scams / 5 Surprising Signs Of Intelligence / 20 Misused English Words That Make Smart People Look Silly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by philfearon(m): 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
If you could generalize, the most common would be:

1) You keep talking to a person, telling him something you think he doesn't know. He keeps listening. Then he shares his insight which makes you think he has already known everything you told him. Smart people are often silent and active listeners.

2)Good problem solvers. Not just mathematics problem. But even daily life problems. They'll quickly find what's wrong and take the best course of action to solve the problem.They'll be different in views. And their views will always come with reason.

3)A quote goes around: Small minds discuss people. Average mind discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." - William Shakespeare

4)They often look for reasons. It goes in four levels
(worst to best):
What?
How?
Why?
Why not?

5)They can easily prioritize. They know what's important, give that more resources, and figure out what's not. For that matter, they are often not perfectionists.They can figure out feasibility easily. They won't waste time in impossible errands.

6)They usually don't brag about stuff that they are great at. You'll need to spend a good amount of time with them to get to know them. They won't tell you. You will have to observe.

7)They are excellent planners and will always keep an eye on the future.They are almost always never pessimists. They always have positive views.

Thanks for reading.

52 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
Traits of intelligent breed, I know them when I speak with them for a short while.

1 Playing dumb and feigning ignorance on things they already know just to learn the method you teaching.

2. Silence

3. Curious at all times

4. Acts dumb to really outsmart you

5. Hates holding down irrelevant conversation

6. They live all up in their head.

7. Hardly get influenced by social construct or social pshychology.

8. Always a loner

9. Seeks knowledge

10. Watch less of tv and highly selective of people.

How do I know, I know a friend who is one.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by philfearon(m): 6:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
aaronson:
Traits of intelligent breed, I know them when I speak with them for a short while.

1 Playing dumb and feigning ignorance on things they already know just to learn the method you teaching.

2. Silence

3. Curious at all times

8. Always a loner

9. Seeks knowledge

LOL...
Very correct!

10 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
philfearon:

LOL...
Very correct!
Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by hilaryitobore(m): 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
These is lovely, u re very correct.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Oahray: 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hmmm... Good for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
philfearon:

If you could generalize, the most common would be:

1) You keep talking to a person, telling him something you think he doesn't know. He keeps listening. Then he shares his insight which makes you think he has already known everything you told him. Smart people are often silent and active listeners.

2)Good problem solvers. Not just mathematics problem. But even daily life problems. They'll quickly find what's wrong and take the best course of action to solve the problem.They'll be different in views. And their views will always come with reason.

3)A quote goes around: Small minds discuss people. Average mind discuss events. Great minds discuss ideas.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." - William Shakespeare

4)They often look for reasons. It goes in four levels
(worst to best):
What?
How?
Why?
Why not?

5)They can easily prioritize. They know what's important, give that more resources, and figure out what's not. For that matter, they are often not perfectionists.They can figure out feasibility easily. They won't waste time in impossible errands.

6)They usually don't brag about stuff that they are great at. You'll need to spend a good amount of time with them to get to know them. They won't tell you. You will have to observe.

7)They are excellent planners and will always keep an eye on the future.They are almost always never pessimists. They always have positive views.

Thanks for reading.
Fvck!!! Reading this I cried. Am one.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by juicydiceyjoe(m): 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2016
0luwajuwon:
I hear u

31 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by juicydiceyjoe(m): 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
Let's quit the stereotypes..

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
spot on

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by elvision1(m): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Wrong! Intelligent people are not all that positive with attitudes. They are more depressed than you think.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Chinkeomaa: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
So very true

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by DozieInc(m): 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by goingape1: 12:25am On Oct 07, 2016
elvision1:
Wrong! Intelligent people are not all that positive with attitudes. They are more depressed than you think.
ohh!

so dumb people no dey depressed abi?

you must be a dumb person to know this!

3 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by DrayZee: 1:12am On Oct 07, 2016
elvision1:
It's not depression... It's more like lack of trust...which leads to being less open to other people.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by ourkobo: 6:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Op you forgot to add

Intelligent people fit play their dad 7-0 for PS3 ooooo

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by FrankNetter(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2016
Our resident nairaland Neuroscientists are at it again

3 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 07, 2016
Good Post, Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
juicydiceyjoe:

I hear u
grin grin grin
Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by mikool007(m): 7:12am On Oct 07, 2016
DrayZee:

It's not depression... It's more like lack of trust...which leads to being less open to other people.
it's a bit of both, but i won't call it depression per say but dey r nt d everyday cheerful type, js once in while you get afew smiles frm dem but dats it

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by ifyeez: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2016
OP YOU MEAN BORING PEOPLE, LONERS, GEEKS, WANKERS. I deal with dem bcoz dey feel they r superior beings like MR Robot.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by hardbody: 7:36am On Oct 07, 2016
aaronson:

2. Silence

3. Curious at all times

8. Always a loner

9. Seeks knowledge

I don't count myself smart, but i have all these traits, ALL.
Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by elvision1(m): 7:57am On Oct 07, 2016
goingape1:
ohh!

so dumb people no dey depressed abi?

you must be a dumb person to know this!

i would have given you a befitting reply, But i realised you are an Ape.
Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2016
ifyeez:
OP YOU MEAN BORING PEOPLE, LONERS, GEEKS, WANKERS. I deal with dem bcoz dey feel they r superior beings like MR Robot.
Hmm Am I a
Boring person, yes
Loner, yes
Geek, yes
self-servicer, yes grin
But I don't feel I'm superior to anyone. Its quite the opposite. I prefer to just stay in my shell and comment on forums online anonymously
And, I'm not really excited about life

5 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2016
hmmmmnn
Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Opistorincos(m): 8:17am On Oct 07, 2016
grin
Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by elvision1(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2016
mikool007:
it's a bit of both, but i won't call it depression per say but dey r nt d everyday cheerful type, js once in while you get afew smiles frm dem but dats it

DrayZee:

i won't say its trust per se, cus we all have trust issues. I think its just the feeling of dissastifaction and desire to do more that weighs on them.

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Chanchit: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2016
0luwajuwon:

Lol! You don't have to tell us, we should be the one to observe. So I doubt your tears.

3 Likes

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2016
elvision1:

True
Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by drss(m): 9:32am On Oct 07, 2016
elvision1:
they seem depressed cos they always tink about d future - ie they live today for d future.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Ultra Smart People Hiding Their Intelligence by philfearon(m): 9:35am On Oct 07, 2016
ifyeez:
You must really be dealing with inferiority complex I guess because the people I am talking of will not even engage you in In a discourse if you will not be objective in your reasoning!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Science,art Or Commercial Subjects? / Goodluck To All JAMB-UTME 2013 Candidates / 61-year-old Nigerian Woman Bags Degree In Biology (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.