Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

How Do I Fix - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Fix (715 Views)

After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / How Do I Fix P1361 Plz... / How Can I Fix My Cracked Screen On My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Fix by depair: 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
i have learnt a lot here
use to have the ffg DTC code P0304, P0300, P0141.
serviced the injectors and it took care of the misfires engine runs smoothly.

Replaced the lower O2 sensor as the former one has been mutilated. so it took care of P0141

After driving this CEL came up and on checking gave P0420 which has never been there.

How do i solve this?
Re: How Do I Fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08am On Oct 07, 2016
will be nice to know what vehicle and engine type the catalyst code came from.
Re: How Do I Fix by depair: 6:02am On Oct 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
will be nice to know what vehicle and engine type the catalyst code came from.

Its a toyota camry 2000 model.
its an I4 engine 2.2 litre capacity.
Thanks Gazzuzz
Re: How Do I Fix by honmusa(m): 6:12am On Oct 07, 2016
depair:
i have learnt a lot here
use to have the ffg DTC code P0304, P0300, P0141.
serviced the injectors and it took care of the misfires engine runs smoothly.

Replaced the lower O2 sensor as the former one has been mutilated. so it took care of P0141

After driving this CEL came up and on checking gave P0420 which has never been there.

How do i solve this?
It is likely your car catalyst is absent or defective and the reason u didn't get this code all the while is that you now have a working catalyst monitor sensor (o2 sensor 2) which is working now and can detect faulty catalyst.
But I wont advice you to just go ahead to fit a catalyst until it is 100% confirm the catalyst is not available cos of the cost and beside not all p0420 is actually due to a faulty cat.
Go for further diagnosis to confirm the catalyst .
If you come to my workshop I can help you confirm the condition of the catalyst without bringing down the exhaust within a few minute.
Re: How Do I Fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2016
depair:

Its a toyota camry 2000 model.
its an I4 engine 2.2 litre capacity.
Thanks Gazzuzz

Misfire and catalyst do not go hand in hand. Funny thing is for the camry, the catalyst normally does not get burnt out, instead it gets blocked. Take down the entire exhaust system and inspect the catalyst.

(1) (Reply)

Turn Your Second Vehicle(modern) To Money-making Machine At Zero Operating Cost / 12 Passenger Bus For Sale / General Car Maintenance Tips That You Can Do Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.