Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire (1848 Views)

Dear Uncle; A Short Satire / The Man In Black(a Short Satire) / My Breasts - Stepping Into Adulthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:36am On Oct 07, 2016
As Danjuma ascended the podium, the crowd yelled excitedly. It excitements were almost blinding. He grinned from ear to ear and had the appearance of a middle age man with a purpose. The sun rays were tolerant that day, almost soothing to the deep dark complexions that filled the arena. He waved repeatedly and requested for silence with his gestures, his hands working like that of a doctor operating on a pregnant underage girl. As the crowd wore the mien for silence, Danjuma's grin was still on, plastered on his face as white on rice.

Ekh, ekh, ekh, Danjuma began, his voice booming into the powerful microphone fixed on the stand, his phlegmatic throat then cleared. "Fellow brethren!" he hailed and punched the air with his fist. The crowd responded comically: "Danju! Danju!!" and almost on cue, the silence returned, the crowd aching to listen to him.

"As we all know," he started, then paused for major emphasis, looked around and continued, "today, 7th October, 2009, is the last day of our blessed three day campaign. Or aren't we blessed?" he looked around like he lost something and the crowd exploded again. Positively.

"We still remember the recent deaths of our brothers and their deaths is why we are here, of course. We need to protect our interests and that of our unborn children today and endure these events never occur again." The crowd was gravely silent then, the deaths imprinted on their minds. I'll tell us a story now.

"It is the story of chief Sande, my used to be closest friend. We all knew him while he was alive and all benefited of his generosity. Isn't it so?" The crowd agreed vigorously, though soundlessly and effortlessly. A good sign, Danjuma nodded.

"When I heard of Sande's death, I was shocked and I felt as the working blades of a turbine. But when I heard of the cause, I wasn't surprised anymore, anger suited it instead.

When we were very young - Sande and I, almost 8 months old, his mother used to bring him to our place in Toogah. She would have him strapped as she came in and would unstrap him immediately she saw my maa.

"Look," she'd say and bring Sande's neck forward for my maa to feel. It was always hot then. "He doesn't sleep or take other foods, all he does is cry. I'm fed up!" she always cried and my maa would ask her to be calm and believe Sande was alright. He would crawl to me and say as we chattered: "I can't sleep, Danju, not when mama's breasts always give me succour when I am awake or cry." I'd smile and feel pity for his poor Maa. Now, this is where I am going to."

The crowd had its ears perked and its interest piqued to the moon. The solemn look on the men's faces spoke volumes.

"The first time Sande fainted was when his maa couldn't breastfeed him as she was terribly sick. He was 2 and some months then. Simply put, Sande became addicted to breasts and this attitude was with him till he died." Danjuma saw how captured the crowd was.

"Sande, as we grew up had very great interests in breasts and they were all he thought of. He introduced me to a woman who let us suck her breasts for a shilling. And Sande could suck any breast dry. Unfortunately, Sande sucked his life himself two months ago when he paid another man's wife to let him suck her flood; he had always done that but this camel had another addict whom had poisoned the breasts. So to say, Sande died of breast poisoning. We know of our other brethren that died this way too."

The crowd looked like it would break into tears any further moment.

"All we are saying is this: Stop breastfeeding our babies! We don't want any breast addicts anymore. This 'Sandetragedy' cannot be condoned anymore. It is dreadful, wicked, barbarous, hazardous, zero utilizable......." the rest of his speech was eat up by the heavy cheers of the crowd.

"I drop." the microphone boomed. A group broke free and lifted Danju on their shoulders and heads. They chanted till dusk.

And Danju was so eloquent that every man in the arena had his mind made up.
However, Danjuma swore Sande appeared to him in his dreams, unpleasantly. He was feeling crossed.

Oladokun Oluwabukola

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by Akposb(m): 7:44am On Oct 07, 2016
Seriously what is the purpose of this work? Are you against breastfeeding babies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by stuff46(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Beautiful piece i must confess. You just doing things mervelously. Old men and breast, lol. It really does harm, skimpledawg and co that like breast- change.
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2016
Akposb:
Seriously what is the purpose of this work? Are you against breastfeeding babies?
This is a satire. I like breasts myself, why condemn it If you're pissed off, just pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2016
stuff46:
Beautiful piece i must confess. You just doing things mervelously. Old men and breast, lol. It really does harm, skimpledawg and co that like breast- change.
Lol, bro. Don't mind Skimple. How's the ministry going?
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by stuff46(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Ministry is good, dont mind that niccur he is the way i dont understand errh.
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by Akposb(m): 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

This is a satire. I like breasts myself, why condemn it If you're pissed off, just pass.
May be I should have used a smiling emoticon or I didn't get the satiric message but I saw it that way. Its your decision at the end of the day but seriously criticism can come in any way so sorry.
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by Skimpledawg(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Olu-Maintain, u join Stuff dey gossip me shey
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Akposb:

May be I should have used a smiling emoticon or I didn't get the satiric message but I saw it that way. Its your decision at the end of the day but seriously criticism can come in any way so sorry.
Okay. I was feeling you all the same. Thank you.
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
stuff46:

Ministry is good, dont mind that niccur he is the way i dont understand errh.
Hahahaha.
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Olu-Maintain, u join Stuff dey gossip me shey

So, you have truly become a father. Congratulations!
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by Skimpledawg(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
So, you have truly become a father. Congratulations!
Holy Shii grin....
u had fun with a mermaid in d dream?
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Holy Shii grin....

u had fun with a mermaid in d dream?
Gerrarahere!!!
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
I can't understand why a lot of you guys read but don't commend or even drop a critique. Can the next reader, please, change that?
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by Skimpledawg(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Gerrarahere!!!
ogbeni, calm down! I go reason ya Mata later undecided

about this short piece,....
sincerely, I found it hard wrapping my head about the piece, it was captivating ( dunno if its cos of the br. easts). the day I read it, I really wanted to finish it all and I found myself yearning for more. Kudos man.
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by Skimpledawg(m): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

"The first time Sande fainted was when his maa couldn't breastfeed him as she was terribly sick.

Oladokun Oluwabukola
However, I find this part of the story over exaggerated!
we all sucked br. easts when we were small niqqa c'mon undecided
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 2:24am On Oct 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:

However, I find this part of the story over exaggerated!
we all sucked br. easts when we were small niqqa c'mon undecided
Bro, Sande was addicted since his early ages. So, when his mom couldn't feed him breasts for over three weeks, he fainted even if he was past 2 then. This part is to emphasize Sande's issue, man.

Understand before you go and come and smoke weed o.
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 2:25am On Oct 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:

ogbeni, calm down! I go reason ya Mata later undecided

about this short piece,....
sincerely, I found it hard wrapping my head about the piece, it was captivating ( dunno if its cos of the br. easts). the day I read it, I really wanted to finish it all and I found myself yearning for more. Kudos man.
Ahahahah!!! Alashewo oshi. Thank you, man!
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 2:27am On Oct 10, 2016
Lalasticlala, featured page, please?
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by Angelinastto(f): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
Catwalk in with my popcorn........... Ehmm, come here. What did you say is wrong with breast biko?
Re: Breasts Do Harm - A Short Satire by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
Angelinastto:
Catwalk in with my popcorn........... Ehmm, come here. What did you say is wrong with breast biko?
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

My (almost) Sugar Daddy And Me / Tess Of The D'ubbervilles / NAME The Nairalanders Writers And Their Stories That Made U Read All Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.