Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production (21859 Views)

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / FG Bans Importation Of Packaged Tomato Paste / Tomato Paste Manufacturers Tackle CBN Over FX Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Flets: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2016
When will Nigerian youths rise up and take back their country? When will they stop complaining?

If there must be mistakes, let the youths make the mistake and not the same old men who have been making mistakes for the past 40+ years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Ellegacy(m): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2016
Seriously if the imported paste are cheap, I don't see a reason why I should go for local package which it isn't even to standard.

Until Nigeria start to scandalized their products into European Standard or Ecowas standard, they won't get more patronage either from home or abroad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Stanbeto: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2016
Donald3d:
hmmm, no offence but that his low quality tomato paste lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, he should stop na
I appreciate his entrepreneurship efforts , and i am not trying to condescend , but he needs to improve on most of his edible products
His noodles
His Tomato paste
His Spaghetti (This one dey vex me pass , e be like snake wey just they gum themselves inside pot)

His salt is manageable
His sugar is also not bad

There is room for improvement sha

Dont attack me if you have not used any of his products grin grin grin grin grin
That indomine and especially that him spaghetti na no go area. when d spaghetti gum finish e go be like python for your pot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by pat1612(m): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2016
What a timing for raising the point of importation is it first time he has started manufacturing.blackmailing government by threatening jobs. Why doesnt he put extensive marketing strategy and competitive edge over imported paste its only price war that he doesnt want to enter with importer which is cheaper and after import ban monopoly starts. This is their time to promote and compete with importer over price war when import is becoming costlier retain your price make extensive marketing strategy promote your product with quality and price.why wont people buy in this hard time if it is affordable.
Any ways i too will prefer govt ban on imported tomato paste which are full of harmful additives i personally prefer fresh tomatoes than sachet ones which are processed to extend shelf life.

My view no offence intended to any one angry angry
so please leave me alone kiss grin

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Donald3d(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2016
dumo1:

That indomine and especially that him spaghetti na no go area. when d spaghetti gum finish e go be like python for your pot.
Its excess starch bro they dont want to go through the process of "fine tunning it" all to save cost grin cheesy
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Lilimax(f): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2016
pat1612:
What a timing for raising the point of importation is it first time he has started manufacturing.blackmailing government by threatening jobs. Why doesnt he put extensive marketing strategy and competitive edge over imported paste its only price war that he doesnt want to enter with importer which is cheaper and after import ban monopoly starts. This is their time to promote and compete with importer over price war when import is becoming costlier retain your price make extensive marketing strategy promote your product with quality and price.why wont people buy in this hard time if it is affordable.
Any ways i too will prefer govt ban on imported tomato paste which are full of harmful additives i personally prefer fresh tomatoes than sachet ones which are processed to extend shelf life.

My view no offence intended to any one angry angry
so please leave me alone kiss grin
I concur with your view @ the highlighted.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by mengho(m): 8:29am On Oct 07, 2016
Nigerians don't want products from fellow Nigerians, they only love imported sh*t from China,America,sri Lanka & other countries. Your doomed if you think Nigerians will patronize ur products(only 1% do). All they will do is curse you for law quality production when they never even bought your product.

So just be like the flat heads, import local cheap & cheap products, then dump it on Nigerians as original

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Koddedtinz: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2016
Donald3d:
hmmm, no offence but that his low quality tomato paste lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, he should stop na
I appreciate his entrepreneurship efforts , and i am not trying to condescend , but he needs to improve on most of his edible products
His noodles
His Tomato paste
His Spaghetti (This one dey vex me pass , e be like snake wey just they gum themselves inside pot)

His salt is manageable
His sugar is also not bad

There is room for improvement sha

Dont attack me if you have not used any of his products grin grin grin grin grin
How to cook spaghetti 101
Make sure your water is boiling before throwing in the sticks. Also make sure the water is more than is needed to cook the spag.
Leave the pot without a cover, cook at medium heat, stir at intervals and when the spag is done, sieve the water out and rinse with cool water thoroughly.
Add a pinch of salt if you like, mix and put it back into the pot to simmer for two or three minutes. Your spaghetti won't stick.

Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by dman4mdmoon(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2016
What I can deduce from the piece is that Dangote wants importation of tomato paste banned by the government. Everything must be in favour of Dangote!
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Donald3d(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2016
Koddedtinz:
Make sure your water is boiling before throwing in the sticks. Also make sure the water is more than is needed to cook the spag.
Leave the pot without a cover, cook at medium heat, stir at intervals and when the spag is done, sieve the water out and rinse with cool water thoroughly.
Add a pinch of salt if you like, mix and put it back into the pot to simmer for two or three minutes. Your spaghetti won't stick.

Thank me later.
Chairman i sabi cook wella, but no matter what you do this spaghetti will not make brain , if you eliminate the "sticking together" , e go still big anyhow for pot ,that thing big sootey small pikin no fit swallow am grin grin grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nten: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2016
very big lie! because erisco CEO is threatening to shut down production you too dangote is opening your mouth. This Hausa man has access to forex than any other private investors in Nigeria. were will dangote not access forex in naija. the issue is that there is an underground conspiracy to kill entrepreneurs by the government imports. Dangote is just trying to cover up the one sided accessibility of forex by the government to him than any other minor entrepreneurs
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by madapcmod: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2016
All I can say is "sai baba "
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nten: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2016
very big lie! because erisco CEO is threatening to shut down production you too dangote is opening your mouth. This Hausa man has access to forex than any other private investors in Nigeria. were will dangote not access forex in naija? the issue is that there is an underground conspiracy to kill entrepreneurs by people in government through imports. Dangote is just trying to cover up the one sided accessibility of forex by the government to him than any other minor entrepreneurs

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by oladipo322(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Fool. He thought we can't do without Tomato...
so what's the alternative?
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Koddedtinz: 8:38am On Oct 07, 2016
Donald3d:

Chairman i sabi cook wella, but no matter what you do this spaghetti will not make brain , if you eliminate the "sticking together" , e go still big anyhow for pot ,that thing big sootey small pikin no fit swallow am grin grin grin grin shocked shocked
lol, very true.... the spaghetti gets unnecessarily fat, but still, we have to buy Naija to grow Naija.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2016
Donald3d:
Its excess starch bro they dont want to go through the process of "fine tunning it" all to save cost grin cheesy
na their cup of Kai Kai. cant remember when last I ate dangote spaghetti it's either Bonita or golden penny slim spaghetti.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by CioAngels(f): 8:40am On Oct 07, 2016
Obijulius:
And the beat goes on.

Buhari's economic team lead by Osibanjo remains the biggest joke of the century.

If only Buhari could just be true to himself and get rid of all the undesirables surrounding him, I bet he'll be shocked at the turn around in the economy.

Kemi Adeosun should just resign and save Buhari all d worry.
For me, i don't see Kemi Adeosun as the problem, in saner countries kemi would perform well, but Nigeria they just carry porfolios, i see her as taking instructions from president buhari and his instructors, abba kyari and mamman daura and must obey to keep her job. Would'nt you, if?

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 07, 2016
Koddedtinz:

Thank me later.
Oga according to what I learnt it's small drops of groundnut oil u will add to the spaghetti so it doesn't stick together in the pot.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by musa7m(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
grin Welcome to MAI CHANJI[s][/s]
guy abeg this line way you put ....how do you do it
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by LORDOFAFONJAS: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2016
musa7m:
guy abeg this line way you put ....how do you do it

ask LAI MUHAMMED grin
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by loomer: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2016
Oga go sit down. Close down if u wan close down. You forget say you self dey import some products into the country and making it also hard for local producers?
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by bkool7(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2016
Immatex:
This government is not listening.

This government just fulfills Matthew chapter 24 prophecies.

It's such a pity.

This is what local producers will always say... Government should ban certain products to boost local production.
But immediately government does that the product's price will skyrocket beyond the reach of Nigerians.
Just look at what's happening to rice and groundnut oil, even palm kernel oil.
Since government has ban the importation of rice and edible oil why is the price now higher?

Our local producer are expliotational. All they want is Avenue to expliot govt policies

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by ArabMopol(m): 9:31am On Oct 07, 2016
Dangote greedy Hausa man, despite all the lifelines and leverage given to you by ur brother's in power at the expense of tax payer u still want me... only a useless government will say no to competitive commerce... why not subsidized your product to make it look more attractive to the consumers... buy Nigeria to grow Dangote business, Dangote u are never a good businessman, give an Igbo man this opportunities given to you by federal government and see him competing with bill Gate in Forbes rich ranking... give back to the society that bleed for ur riches... Buhari oya ban importation of tomato paste so we can enrich Dangote by buying a tin of small tomato paste for 200naira

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by mascotafltd: 9:44am On Oct 07, 2016
You people should get it right,dangote is asking f govt to stop importation of tomatoes pest, so that people will concentrate on their own.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Reference(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2016
Ellegacy:
Seriously if the imported paste are cheap, I don't see a reason why I should go for local package which it isn't even to standard.

Until Nigeria start to scandalized their products into European Standard or Ecowas standard, they won't get more patronage either from home or abroad.

Then you have no right whatsoever to complain about the economy, the recession and the scarcity of fx and you will be very silly to even try to do so, because if you cannot make the sacrifices of lower quality in the short term and prefer your country's resources spent on tomatoes then you deserve all the suffering you get. Poverty and wealth, whether in an individual, family, community or country in not the absence of cash to spend, but the lazy state of the mind. You will be surprised that the China you folks run to has over 500 million people in or near absolute poverty. It doesn't stop them from production and will do everything in heaven and on earth to ensure they continue to sell to silly, stupid and lazy folks. This country is just full of nonsense people. Dangote is speaking, the government had better listen seriously before it is too late.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Reference(m): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2016
ArabMopol:
Dangote greedy Hausa man, despite all the lifelines and leverage given to you by ur brother's in power at the expense of tax payer u still want me... only a useless government will say no to competitive commerce... why not subsidized your product to make it look more attractive to the consumers... buy Nigeria to grow Dangote business, Dangote u are never a good businessman, give an Igbo man this opportunities given to you by federal government and see him competing with bill Gate in Forbes rich ranking... give back to the society that bleed for ur riches... Buhari oya ban importation of tomato paste so we can enrich Dangote by buying a tin of small tomato paste for 200naira

But at the end of the month he writes cheques in the thousands as salaries and wages for ordinary folks to put food on their table, pay their rents and send their kids to school. If he is greedy, this is the kind of greed we need in Nigeria. If he is greedy, what about those who earn millions, steal billions and put nothing, zilch into the economy, driving vintage automobiles around. Those are good in your eyes abi. Nigerians are just.....un well...mad...... retarded.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by frisky2good(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2016
So you mean Dangote cannot compete with imported tomato paste bought at the rate of 470 Naira to 1 dollar, shipped to Nigeria and import duty paid?
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by frisky2good(m): 9:58am On Oct 07, 2016
All those cheques he writes, is it free money? Are they not his workers?

Reference:

But at the end of the month he writes cheques in the thousands as salaries and wages for ordinary folks to put food on their table, pay their rents and send their kids to school. If he is greedy, this is the kind of greed we need in Nigeria. If he is greedy, what about those who earn millions, steal billions and put nothing, zilch into the economy, driving vintage automobiles around. Those are good in your eyes abi. Nigerians are just.....un well...mad...... retarded.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by proeast(m): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2016
I see, Dangote said he is not looking for forex (which invariably means he is getting enough from CBN) but a ban on imports while Erisco has been begging the same CBN for forex to also produce locally at a profit! Is anybody still in doubt that we are living in a zoo where all animals are equal but some are more equal than others.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by bashydemy1: 10:04am On Oct 07, 2016
So many people on this thread only come here to blame and yarn rubbish but they do not have anything to contribute..

Ask them way forward or advice and see them no more.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Koddedtinz: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2016
dumo1:

Oga according to what I learnt it's small drops of groundnut oil u will add to the spaghetti so it doesn't stick together in the pot.
oga,try my method and see. It is tested and trusted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! / COO, Mohammed Jameel Leaves Glo Over Mike Adenuga’s Bad Manners / Top 10 Richest Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.