Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! (21855 Views)

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija / Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] / Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by jefumare: 9:26am On Nov 30, 2012
Move over, Oprah Winfrey – there is a new richest black woman in the world. And she’s Nigerian!

A new feature dubbed, Africa's secret millionaires has announced that Nigerian billionaire Mrs Folorunsho Alakija is the richest black woman in the world. In a post yesterday, www.ventures-africa.com is quoted saying: "Folorunsho Alakija, a Nigerian billionaire oil tycoon, Fashion designer and philanthropist who is worth at least $3.3 billion- contrary to a recent Forbes Magazine ranking which pegs her net worth at only $600 million."

The publication cited Alakija's 60 percent stake in OML 127, using comparators to justify its argument. According to Ventures Africa "In July 2012, Royal Dutch Shell agreed to sell its 45 percent stake in OML 30 for $850 million to Heritage Oil and Shoreline Energy.

According to Fool.co.uk, OML 30 currently produces 35,000 barrels of oil per day.

So, if 45 percent of a 35,000 bpd-producing oil bloc is $850 million, 100 percent of the same bloc = $1.88 billion i.e 100/45 x $850 million

If a 100 percent stake in a 35,000 bpd-producing oil bloc is $1.88 billion, by the same logic, a 100 percent stake in 200,000 bpd-producing oil bloc is worth $10.74 billion i.e 200,000 bpd/35,000 bpd X $1.88 billion

Folorunsho Alakija’s 60 percent stake in a $10.74 billion oil well is worth $6.44 billion.

Technically, her 60 percent stake in OML 127 is worth $6.44 billion."

Read more: [http://www.ventures-africa.com/2012/11/the-richest-black-woman-in-the-world-folorunsho-alakija/]

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by fkaz(m): 9:30am On Nov 30, 2012
☺ķªª¥.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Akshow: 10:00am On Nov 30, 2012
beautiful and mega rich. Abeg she get any daughter wey i fit runs? Marryin into this family na gold mine.....yeah make Una call me gold digger na Una Sabi. If you like go dig stone. Me Na diamond i wan dig

21 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by daylae(m): 10:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Whoops!

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by logicman: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
abeg na the woman me waan marrry, the daughter fit stil go de demand moni from my hand. why the woman no even born me
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Lasinoh: 5:41am On Dec 02, 2012
Oil tycoon ke?
From which oil wells?
From the South West or from the South-South?
Ibru nefa be billionaire. . .e come be one "Alakija" woman?
God dey sha! cheesy

Erm. . . congratulations 'madam oil tycoon'! wink

How come we are just 'knowing' about you?
You must have been VERY, VERY BUSY!

Oooooooooooooooh? I see. Jonathan is involved.
CASE CLOSED! YOU DON WIN MADAM! INFACT, YOU HIT JACKPOT!

Mu he he he he he he

6 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by stonebridge: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2012
This story is bogus. This woman is nowhere worth near $1bn talk less of $6bn. The magazine that reported this story has the reputation of national enquirer or encomium.

7 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by initiator(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2012
The figures are not actual. Her husband is the chairman of the block while her four sons are directors. The company is a family-held venture.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Abyjah: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2012
Now that we know, can we please talk about Jesus?

He told a parable about a billionaire agric-tycoon and Lazarus the poor.
Lazarus died and the billionaire couldn't buy out death either. It was in death he realized his billions couldn't buy a drop of water from Abraham's finger.

Vanity though I want it!

28 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by highlandre(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2012
Another good news grin
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2012
richest black woman for paper! if money laundering is allowed, the ibori's, abacha's, ibb's can give you that amount from their wallet.

6 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Scarpon(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2012
*singing with 2face*
halla our money yehhh

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by joshuaidibia(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2012
Akshow: beautiful and mega rich. Abeg she get any daughter wey i fit runs? Marryin into this family na gold mine.....yeah make Una call me gold digger na Una Sabi. If you like go dig stone. Me Na diamond i wan dig
Evn if sh gt dorta. Whr u wan c her?

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Leadn(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2012
initiator: The figures are not actual. Her husband is the chairman of the block while her four sons are directors. The company is a family-held venture.

The figures are actual... Check http://xtremegists.com/2012/12/richest-black-woman-nigerian/
Daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2243106/Nigerian-oil-tycoon-Folorunsho-Alakija-takes-Oprahs-place-richest-black-woman-world.html

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by nagoma(m): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2012
stonebridge: This story is bogus. This woman is nowhere worth near $1bn talk less of $6bn. The magazine that reported this story has the reputation of national enquirer or encomium.

"talk less" -what does that mean?

3 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Leadn(m): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2012
joshua idibia: Evn if sh gt dorta. Whr u wan c her?

Lol, that's the thing,,, though I heard she had FOUR grown up male (I didn't hear any female child though)
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Melancholy(m): 11:35am On Dec 05, 2012
UP SOUTH WEST NAIJA! We representing in the world records.At this point i pity states boasting about their resources asking how we(yorubas) are we going to survive incase of any division in future.This shows that we have enough human resources to harness whatever nature has given to US!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by yuzedo: 11:36am On Dec 05, 2012
Igbe Malu! grin undecided

Na by like that dem dey take become richest black woman? Haha! If i hear!

So from former fashion designer/tailor of Maryam Babangida, dis madam put oyel bloc for pocket? Okay, issorai.. e dey happen. But why ride on our sensibilities and form richest black woman?? On Earth?! How much did T.Y Danjuma get when he divested from his oil bloc venture? Are the figures before or after tax? Have all deductibles been made? Have the other stakeholders collected their cut? What is HER PERSONAL equity share in the Oil Company? This woman is not even the richest woman in Nigeria. Make she go rest with her propaganda, abi is she trying to impress her society women's club? We need another story.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by vislabraye(m): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Akshow: beautiful and mega rich. Abeg she get any daughter wey i fit runs? Marryin into this family na gold mine.....yeah make Una call me gold digger na Una Sabi. If you like go dig stone. Me Na diamond i wan dig

O boy, I don take her daughter before you sef.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by manny4life(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2012
Leadn:

The figures are actual... Check http://xtremegists.com/2012/12/richest-black-woman-nigerian/
Daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2243106/Nigerian-oil-tycoon-Folorunsho-Alakija-takes-Oprahs-place-richest-black-woman-world.html

Those figures aren't correct, this is the problem with journalism. when Forbes, an organization that values assets did thier numbers, it thoroughly carried out their research and computed their numbers very well. We can't go by hearsay nor comparing apples with oranges.

1. Mrs Alakija DOES NOT control 60% of the oil field. In fact according to the participant data culled from "WOOD MACKENZIE" - A global research and consulting firm in the field of Energy, Mining and Metals. Famfa Oil (a company owned by Ms. Alakija and family controls 10% of the said well. If you read the background, you will see that NNPC controls a whopping 50%.

2. According to production data obtained by same group, though the well does have a production limit of 250,000 bpd, however, the well in question has never reached 100% production limit. The data showed that production was between 157 AND 159 from 2011 to 2014 forecast. After 2014, production will dwindle largely because major operators are exiting the field. Therefore, isn't it VERY FALSE to claim 200,000bpd that's not even drilled. If they assessed based on reserve levels, one can understand, however doing so by production level (not 100%) is grossly false

4 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by kabaka1: 11:45am On Dec 05, 2012
Kudos to this naija lioness. She's such s great inspiration for both women & men 2 & I hope that produces more of her kind in d near future grin cheesy cool
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by BOLOSKY: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by TableLeg(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2012
logicman: abeg na the woman me waan marrry, the daughter fit stil go de demand moni from my hand. why the woman no even born me
Sit down in a cyber cafe there and dream on .... Get your as/s outhere and work hard to amass your own wealth.. If you keep wishing and lamenting, you are joking with penury and abject poverty for life!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by initiator(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2012
That is the power of sensation. If she is worth $3billion then how much is Danjuma who has stake in an offshore block (OML 130) that does almost 200,000 barrels worth?
Please sensational journalists that know nothing about oil exploration should shut the hell up.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Candybob(m): 11:51am On Dec 05, 2012
Check out the references;
extremegist.com
fool.com
Naa only extreme mugu go believe this gist!

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by free2ryhme: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2012
is she quoted on forbes list of richest black woman in the world?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by calcal: 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
di thin wey Ojukwu die for na free common woman use toto get ham - oyel!

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! by Solozzo(m): 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
logicman: abeg na the woman me waan marrry, the daughter fit stil go de demand moni from my hand. why the woman no even born me

There you go -me, me, me. Shame!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest Nigerians. / Aba Shoemakers Jittery Over Chinese Shoe Magnete’s Investment In Aba / Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.