Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production (21856 Views)

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / FG Bans Importation Of Packaged Tomato Paste / Tomato Paste Manufacturers Tackle CBN Over FX Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Ellegacy(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2016
Reference:

Then you have no right whatsoever to complain about the economy, the recession and the scarcity of fx and you will be very silly to even try to do so, because if you cannot make the sacrifices of lower quality in the short term and prefer your country's resources spent on tomatoes then you deserve all the suffering you get. Poverty and wealth, whether in an individual, family, community or country in not the absence of cash to spend, but the lazy state of the mind. You will be surprised that the China you folks run to has over 500 million people in or near absolute poverty. It doesn't stop them from production and will do everything in heaven and on earth to ensure they continue to sell to silly, stupid and lazy folks. This country is just full of nonsense people. Dangote is speaking, the government had better listen seriously before it is too late.

Do you know why Nigeria is the fastest Growing Economy in Africa during Goodluck tenure to bypass South Africa, it cos of our Buying power..

Nigeria has the highest buying rate in Africa, investors comes and people buy. 14million buying power. Now this might be imported goods, but at least it saw our economy into good times.. Investors came to Nigeria, theirs money flowing.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by gabbytabby: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2016
Him need forex to make something wey boku for market abeg leave. Better to sell them fresh anyway instead of all the dangerous chemicals inside.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2016
Dangote has been acting very emotional these couple of months. From asking Federal Govt to sell NLNG to him to asking govt to ban cheaper tomatoes so he can sell his more expensive product.

Mr. Dangote, its intutive that you either make your tomatoes cheaper so that practitioners in the value chain can naturally buy from you or you adopt backward integration of majority of the packaging industries. Threatening and shutting down your factory will not stop China from supplying us cheaper paste for our stew.

Go and Die, My money, my food, my choice. No be we tell your brother to destroy the economy, ever since you lost $5b in a day due to recession and FX you no let us rest. Go and buy the Presidential Jets, we are not selling Niger Delta NLNG

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by dantori(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2016
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/recession-dangote-threatens-to-stop-tomato-paste-production/

As dem ban rice some idiets no come dey talk lubbish here, but anyway I support total ban on tomato paste buy naija to grow naija
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Immatex(m): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2016
bkool7:

This is what local producers will always say... Government should ban certain products to boost local production.
But immediately government does that the product's price will skyrocket beyond the reach of Nigerians.
Just look at what's happening to rice and groundnut oil, even palm kernel oil.
Since government has ban the importation of rice and edible oil why is the price now higher?

Our local producer are expliotational. All they want is Avenue to expliot govt policies

You are correct man. They claim they can produce enough for us. Make wide speculations but only succeeded in leading us to recession. The solution still is a free economy, an open market without undue government interference.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Chinom(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2016
So he wants government to ban tomato paste imports so that he will have yet again a monopoly on an essential product that the most ordinary of Nigerians use. That way he can charge what he likes. Tin tomato will then become just as expensive as his Cement.

Thunder go fire Dangote there. I think the govt. should lift the ban on the importation of bagged cement. Imported bagged Cement will sell for between N800 to N1,000. This greedy monopolist is giving us Cement at N2,200. He does not buy Forex from the "Black market".

If he's not willing to reduce the price of his products, the government should open the doors for massive importation. Nigerians want to buy essential commodities at a cheap price. He cannot get all these incentives and still sell at a very high price. That is wrong at all levels. Tomato is consumed by all and sundry in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Gee645(m): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2016
most we cook with tomato paste?
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by uzuede4(f): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2016
Donald3d:
hmmm, no offence but that his low quality tomato paste lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, he should stop na
I appreciate his entrepreneurship efforts , and i am not trying to condescend , but he needs to improve on most of his edible products
His noodles
His Tomato paste
His Spaghetti (This one dey vex me pass , e be like snake wey just they gum themselves inside pot)

His salt is manageable
His sugar is also not bad

There is room for improvement sha

Dont attack me if you have not used any of his products grin grin grin grin grin
my broda u jst said it all. His products are not of high quality. He really needs to improve.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by uzuede4(f): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
Gee645:
most we cook with tomato paste?
Ask dem
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by WinkWrld: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
Dangote should stop deceiving people with this cry because he just trying to hide in a chameleoon skin. He wants the policies that favour only him and wants other threatened companies to seem it as a general problem. Dangote is no way in any crises and his coy is with the best benefits
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Gerrard59(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
bkool7:

This is what local producers will always say... Government should ban certain products to boost local production.
But immediately government does that the product's price will skyrocket beyond the reach of Nigerians.
Since government has ban the importation of rice and edible oil why is the price now higher?

Our local producer are expliotational. All they want is Avenue to expliot govt policies

Have you cared to ask how the entrepreneurs cope with the high cost of operations?

Or you think it's water that powers generators 24/7? shocked shocked Let the cost of doing business come down, and prices will.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
Koddedtinz:
oga,try my method and see. It is tested and trusted.
OK chief chef info try ur method to see if e go work.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by musa7m(m): 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2016
[i][/i]
LORDOFAFONJAS:

ask LAI MUHAMMED grin
pis help me na
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by ArabMopol(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Reference:

But at the end of the month he writes cheques in the thousands as salaries and wages for ordinary folks to put food on their table, pay their rents and send their kids to school. If he is greedy, this is the kind of greed we need in Nigeria. If he is greedy, what about those who earn millions, steal billions and put nothing, zilch into the economy, driving vintage automobiles around. Those are good in your eyes abi. Nigerians are just.....un well...mad...... retarded.
apart from monthly food he donate to few almajiri tell me another remarkable thing he did to u and me, so banning importation of tomato paste is all he want this time around what have he done to improve the lives of ordinary Nigerian, Bill Gate donate half of his wealth to charitable work, he cant withstand competitive market ? what happens to those importers that will fold up so our illustrious son Dangote can have his way let him pump more money to his tomato paste let see if we can't patronised him

1 Like

Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Zieristclair(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
gabbytabby:
Him need forex to make something wey boku for market abeg leave. Better to sell them fresh anyway instead of all the dangerous chemicals inside.
I agree with you broda! cool
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by K9blunt(f): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
Donald3d:
hmmm, no offence but that his low quality tomato paste lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, he should stop na
I appreciate his entrepreneurship efforts , and i am not trying to condescend , but he needs to improve on most of his edible products
His noodles
His Tomato paste
His Spaghetti (This one dey vex me pass , e be like snake wey just they gum themselves inside pot)

His salt is manageable
His sugar is also not bad

There is room for improvement sha

Dont attack me if you have not used any of his products grin grin grin grin grin

I thought it was only me that has issues with dangote spaghetti, it's total nonsense that food.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Zieristclair(m): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
Billyonaire:
Dangote has been acting very emotional these couple of months. From asking Federal Govt to sell NLNG to him to asking govt to ban cheaper tomatoes so he can sell his more expensive product.

Mr. Dangote, its intutive that you either make your tomatoes cheaper so that practitioners in the value chain can naturally buy from you or you adopt backward integration of majority of the packaging industries. Threatening and shutting down your factory will not stop China from supplying us cheaper paste for our stew.

Go and Die, My money, my food, my choice. No be we tell your brother to destroy the economy, ever since you lost $5b in a day due to recession and FX you no let us rest. Go and buy the Presidential Jets, we are not selling Niger Delta NLNG
;Dlwkmd
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by tomdon(m): 2:05am On Oct 08, 2016
kenny987:
In Dangote's case, he's not lookin for forex, his concern is more on policy support while Erisco has both forex constraints and unfavourable policy summersaults to contend with.

In all, the government of the day is completely dead to its function as regulator expected to grow d local economy. Totally disgusting!

What are they using foeex for in local tomato paste production?
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by tomdon(m): 2:13am On Oct 08, 2016
Billyonaire:

Except youre ignorant. But if you know the truth and you still spill these untruths, then you deserve a very big punishment!
Did you read where they said China gave subsidies to their producers?
What backward integration can a paste producer adopt for packaging industries, just like saying the cart should drive the horse.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by mikolo80: 3:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Genius100:
Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown. If dem ban importation now, the price of locally made tomato paste will much higher compared to the imported products.. Masses have suffered enough
this is what he wants
Monopoly and high prices like cement
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
tomdon:

Except youre ignorant. But if you know the truth and you still spill these untruths, then you deserve a very big punishment!
Did you read where they said China gave subsidies to their producers?
What backward integration can a paste producer adopt for packaging industries, just like saying the cart should drive the horse.
Tell Dangote to go and Bleep himself, he has been investing corrupt funds of politicians. He is multi-facted surrogate. He shouldnt get emotional because he lost $5b due to stupid policies of his brother, afterall he is not the real owner of the monies. That is why he cant find real happiness.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by dboss444: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
frisky2good:
So you mean Dangote cannot compete with imported tomato paste bought at the rate of 470 Naira to 1 dollar, shipped to Nigeria and import duty paid?

This is a beautiful question
The truth is that some of this imported tomato paste are startch and tomato flavor

If the prices are disame it's either dangote and erisco are over profiting from nigerians or the importers just want to sabotage our economy
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by uzolexis(f): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2016
bkool7:

the government's duty does not stop at banning of imports, banning of imports should always be followed by regulation of the local market. This is what happens in saner climes.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by musa7m(m): 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:

ask LAI MUHAMMED grin
Lai muhammed na your father
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Originalsly: 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
To those who think Dangote is wrong. ... IF Dangote is able to produce tomato paste... above European Standards... and much cheaper than any Chinese company... do you really think China would allow his product to enter the Chinese market at the same or lower price?...to compete with the local Chinese products? If your answer is yes... then you are part of the problem why the economy is in shambles.China, USA, Canada.... these countries don't ban imports of products that are being produced/manufactured locally.... but when they finish heaping tariffs on the imported products... it is not worth entering the market.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by Oduok(m): 5:43am On Nov 06, 2016
Tomato paste plant lacks economic viability in Nigeria. We can only say it is technically feasible, i.e. With technology transfer from the west. How is it that it is viable in countries like China? That was the question my plant design lecturer asked me. I spent time to explain to him the engineering economics and economic politics in those countries. I dared any company that will run a tomato plant economically in Nigeria with just the natural market forces.
Re: Recession: Dangote Threatens To Stop Tomato Paste Production by tck2000(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Dangote

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COO, Mohammed Jameel Leaves Glo Over Mike Adenuga’s Bad Manners / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! / Aba Shoemakers Jittery Over Chinese Shoe Magnete’s Investment In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.