Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) (21010 Views)

DSS Raids Pencom Office In Abuja As Anohu-amazu Goes Into Hiding / DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / DSS Arrests 2 Supreme Court Judges & 5 Other judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by Omeokachie: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2016
The tyrant never disappoints.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by petomas(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

The DSS will not move against these Judge's,if there are no proof of them collecting bribes.

These are Judges,and not ordinary Nigerians. So for the Security men to publicly move against them this way,would show they have gathered tangible evidences.

The Judiciary is the most protected Arm of any Government,and I hope to God the DSS are sure of what they are doing.

If these Judges have been compromised,then the National Judicial Council should not only Debar them,but they should be jailed for a long time for bringing the legal system to a disrepute.

I stand with the fight against corrupt Judges.

--Modified-

Just read that Governor Wike,after hearing these two Judges were getting picked up,personally drove to another Judge's house in Port-Harcourt and prevented the DSS from picking the Judge up.

-How did Wike know that Judge will be picked by the DSS?

-What made Wike know instinctively that the Government will be interested in that Judge?

-Why would a Governor race in his Pyjamas(heard they brought clothes for him to wear later) to prevent the DSS from picking the Judge,if he has nothing to fear?

Summary.

I think the Judiciary has a very corrupt cabal,that sells Judgement to the highest bidder,and the DSS just rounded all of them up this night.

If it is proven that Wike,just like others influenced this Judge's with bribes to retain the Governorship seat,then his matter will be revisited by the law.

And I think that is why he ran nearly naked,to the judge house to prevent the DSS from taking him away.

I wonder the kind of country we are where all we believe in is been so sentimental and shy away from the truth because of some clueless politicians who are only after their pockets. U formulated your own lies against ur fellow brother cos of ur party differences. Well I'm neither a PDP nor APC supporter but I think we should not deferm characters because we wanna make sense. And i also smell injustice, dictatorship and nepotism in this present administration but God will take control. Good day

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by teemy(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
there could be reprisal sanctions against nigeria if due process is being sacrificed just to get results. HUNGERBAD i wouldn't call a 1am arrest public. also a simple invitation could have gotten the same results without the condemnation that follows

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by drskyfly007(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
[s][/s]

Your opinion changes nothing. Their houses havs been invaded and they will be locked up so as to serve as lessons to other judges not to undermine the powers of the executive. The judges have never ruled in favor of buhari ever since be began several trials. Do you expect him to fold his hands and watch? That is why he is the commander in chief of armed forces. He can get whatever he wants
went to your profile to know ur age but I only saw animated cartoons on ur dp..so my suspicion was right afterall grin

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by PEPPERified: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
I really hope against hope that this is untrue. Where are the principles of rule of law and constitutionalism? I will say more after I've confirmed the veracity of this news.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2016
I'm unable to process this news.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by MOVERSMAG: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
[s][/s]
Fuuuuuulllll

Your opinion changes nothing. Their houses havs been invaded and they will be locked up so as to serve as lessons to other judges not to undermine the powers of the executive. The judges have never ruled in favor of buhari ever since be began several trials. Do you expect him to fold his hands and watch? That is why he is the commander in chief of armed forces. He can get whatever he wants
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by Hedonistically: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2016
Even Supreme Court Justice Samuel Onnoghen? So that the post of CJN would remain in the North?

This is such a sad, sad day for democracy. Our democracy is dead. Long live Democracy.

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by esosuo2: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2016
Oh .Boy military .Rule things oh no were to hide again, I am very ok with it if really this people are crooks , the judiciary is the major problem of nigeria billion dollars thief fit get plea bargain while fowl thief go go prison . Nigeria not ripe for democracy some over using thw priviledge .
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by wreckerMcbeth(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

The DSS will not move against these Judge's,if there are no proof of them collecting bribes.

These are Judges,and not ordinary Nigerians. So for the Security men to publicly move against them this way,would show they have gathered tangible evidences.

The Judiciary is the most protected Arm of any Government,and I hope to God the DSS are sure of what they are doing.

If these Judges have been compromised,then the National Judicial Council should not only Debar them,but they should be jailed for a long time for bringing the legal system to a disrepute.

--Modified-

Just read that Governor Wike,after hearing these two Judges were getting picked up,personally drove to another Judge's house in Port-Harcourt and prevented the DSS from picking the Judge up.

-What made Wike know instinctively that the Government will be interested in that Judge?

-Why would a Governor race in his Pyjamas(heard they brought clothes for him to wear later) to prevent the DSS from picking the Judge,if he has nothing to fear?

Summary.

I think the Judiciary has a very corrupt cabal,that sells Judgement to the highest bidder,and the DSS just rounded all of them up this night.

If it is proven that Wike,just like others influenced this Judge's with bribes to retain the Governorship seat,then his matter will be revisited by the law.

And I think that is why he ran nearly naked,to the judge house to prevent the DSS from taking him away.

Is this just your own imagination on thought? Cos I couldn't really make any sense of what you just said here.

Lets start with Wike......Gov Wike is the No1 security officer of River State. Talking of how he got to know that a Judge was about to be picked up. His Wife is a judge too. Does these points get you thinking properly now?

Concerning about Judges you assumed they collected bribe and that was why DSS burst into their houses. And you also assumed that DSS would have bursted into their houses that way if they hadn't gathered enough evidences against them.
My question: if DSS have evidences against them, why not just go ahead and arrest them normally in a civilized manner instead of bursting them like they were going to arrest Shekau? Breaking down the gates to to house of one of them? How do you see that? Does it make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 08, 2016
(,stroking my goatee,) interesting, veery interesting.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by lordlarry(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2016
The same judiciary frustrated his waec certificate case.
Whom the gods wants to kill will always make him mad

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by arabbunkum: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2016
YOU ARE UNPARDONABLY MYOPIC AND STUPID!
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

--Modified-

Summary.

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by klassic(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

--Modified-

Summary.

Just hear your self. So what happened to formally lodging a complaint with the NJC who has the sole duty of disciplining errant and corrupt judicial officers. Okay you have arrested them what's next? Detain them beyond the constitutional time limit or charge them before a brother judge when you have not followed due process?

My dear have you ever heard of the legal maxim that" he who wants equity must do equity"?.

Perhaps when they are arraigned and a brother judge dismisses the charge , you will also pray the learned brother be arrested and arraigned for taking or partaking in the bounty. When Will it stop. Look beyond your noise when postulating. So you don't look completely bias. I rise.

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by teemy(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2016
hope this would not absent them during chief justice elections. a united judiciary could shut down courts if due process was not followed. i hope this is not the case. there is already enough international tensions with the dasuki ecowas verdict.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by emeraldo56(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

What nonsense are you yapping about?

So it's of no concern to you that after series of media trials by this govt and EFCC with little or no success it's the turn of judges to be hounded because govt prosecutors failed to build thorough and iron clad cases against those accused of one crime or the other?

Aren't you aware we are in a democracy or if tomorrow these security arms goes after supreme court justices you'll think its cool too or for the sake of fighting corruption we should give up our rights and endorse dictatorship?

However I hope it ain't true cos it will only spell doom for this government.

democracy is for the rich not for an ordinary citizen
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by CecyAdrian(f): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

So it's of no concern to you that after series of media trials by this govt and EFCC with little or no success it's the turn of judges to be hounded because govt prosecutors failed to build thorough and iron clad cases against those accused of one crime or the other?

Aren't you aware we are in a democracy or if tomorrow these security arms goes after supreme court justices you'll think its cool too or for the sake of fighting corruption we should give up our rights and endorse dictatorship?

You are talking too much, for them to have the guts to carry out such a raid on these judges means they have a concrete very incriminating thing on them. The men their house were raided are not ordinary citizens.

You think it's everything that will be put in the media for your likes blow it off. Just relax and which and stop calling people's views 'nonsense' that's very insulting
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by kenny987(f): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2016
Kgdavid:

What do you know of governance, separation of powers and the rule of law? Let me inform you that separation of powers is incomplete without checks and balances. Do you know what that principle is?

And who told you a serving judge cannot be legally arrested? If you are ignorant of the law, must you expose yourself for all to see?

A serving judge can be arrested following laid down procedures which is a petition against him to the NJC, subsequent investigation and then recommendation by the NJC for d suspension, sack or prosecution of the erring judge.

The principle of separation of powers provides that each of the three arms of government have self/intenal regulatory mechanisms as d first port of call before any possible arrest and open trial may be instituted. It is that separation of powers and inherent immunity from intimidation by others as prescribed by the rule of law that allows for successful checks and balances. If judges are subject to these gestapo attacks in the dead of night how do u guarantee their independence and impartiality and neutrality? That is the same reasons sane Nigerians kicked against the prosecution of Ekweremadu and Saraki for an internal matter of the Legislature.

Even if d DSS and EFCC uncover possible and credible evidence of bribery, the proper thing is to file a petition and furnish the NJC with the evidence as well as procure warrants of arrest or search n seizure after the NJC may have found such judges wanting before entering into their private residences to effect arrests. That is how a democracy works! The only reason a judge may be arrested on the spot is if he is caught in the course of commission of an offence like armed robbery for instance. Even if they must effect arrests what stops them from doing same during civilised hours and not at such ungodly hours like some kind of kidnapping operation?

Now go and read up on the recently sacked CJ of Enugu and other judges and don't make me waste my time schooling u on d basics of government again! I don't suffer fools gladly so if u have a problem comprehending the basic tenets of democracy, get an education or keep shut so that u don't run the risk of confirming suspected ignorance.

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by eboigbe22: 9:04am On Oct 08, 2016
danmasani101:

Walahi kadin ka amfani da kan ka.
DSS agents began breaking into his compound with a sledgehammer......who does that if not burglars/thieves.
Anything your god(Casandra) does is always right to you.......... You are even more dumb than i thought
anything wey go bring kworupt judges to order, is welcomed
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by eboigbe22: 9:04am On Oct 08, 2016
danmasani101:

Walahi kadin ka amfani da kan ka.
DSS agents began breaking into his compound with a sledgehammer......who does that if not burglars/thieves.
Anything your god(Casandra) does is always right to you.......... You are even more dumb than i thought
anything wey go bring kworupt judges to order, is welcomed
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by Laredojohn(m): 9:06am On Oct 08, 2016
Hmmm this is interesting, corruption in the judiciary has always existed even during the last administration, the likes of justice Ayo Salami who was always in favor of the then opposition (APC) was the DSS used to harass them back then Definitely no, there is a process why does the National Judicial Council exist On whose authority are the DSS acting If the NJC then no problem, if otherwise, there is a lot of questions to be answered...is the Judiciary now non-independent, not saying Judges are not corrupt and they can't be dealt with, but there is a process and let the process be followed accordingly, not a fire brigade approach.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by APCmyheart(m): 9:08am On Oct 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

If the OP is right then the man is worse than we thought. And Nigerians need to do the needful asap lest he brings the whole house down on us all.

What is this one saying, Nigeria need a iron hand my dear, Calmness does not solve everything.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by APCmyheart(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2016
bcashy:

U dey mind them?? Na ECOWAS court be their saviour now grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Even Ecowas court self no go wan try nonsense, Make them come free Dasuki now..

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by adconline(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2016
sparkle10:

Shut up and stop the crap. Stop supporting uncivilized and dictatorial tendencies and actions all in the name of partisanship. You may cry a river later.
Think his actions are restricted to judges alone? He will come after them?
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by akpanbaba: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2016
May God punish the judges who. are more interested in bribe than doing what God requires them to do with the knowledge of Law For making a. Wrong person right and right person wrong it shall not be well with them
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by lightblazingnow(m): 9:11am On Oct 08, 2016
Hello,

I buy Scrap metal, aluminum's of any quantities and quality. Presently I am in the Southern part of the country, to be precise Port Harcourt, River state.

Contact me fast if you have anything Scrap to sell, now.

Our company is buying right now.

+2347033851176 WhatsApp or Call me . Ensure you Call with credible information.

God bless,
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by klassic(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2016
kenny987:

A serving judge can be arrested following laud down procedures which is a petition against him to the NJC, subsequent investigation and then recommendation by the NJC for d suspension, sack or prosecution of the erring judge.

The principle of separation of powers makes provides that each of the three arms of government have self regulatory mechanisms as d first port of call before any possible arrest and open trial may be instituted. It is that separation of powers and inherent immunity from intimidation by others as prescribed by the rule of law that allows for successful checks and balances. If judges are subject to these gestapo attacks in the dead of night how do u guarantee their independence and impartiality and neutrality?

Even if d DSS and EFCC uncover possible and credible evidence of bribery, the proper thing is to file a petition and furnish the NJC with the evidence as well as procure warrants of arrest or search n seizure after the NJC may have found such judges wanting before entering into their private residences to effect arrests. That is how a democracy works!

Now go and read up on the recently sacked CJ of Enugu and other judges and don't make me waste my time schooling u on d basics of government again! I don't suffer fools gladly so if u have a problem comprehending the basic tenets of democracy, get an education or keep shut so that u don't run the risk of confirming suspected ignorance.

I salute your postulation my dear friend. Nigerians don't seem to see the danger this posits for our judiciary and the common man. What happened to separation of powers and internal disciplinary mechanisms. And the rationale behind the creation of the NJC? If we don't watch it , soon lose (law) enforcement agencies will invade a sitting court to arrest a judge. Watch it very soon it will happen and some educated illiterates will applaud same.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by APCmyheart(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
If this story is true...
Then we're in it..buhari have to go now.. undecided

Go where? I guess you are happy about how things is run in this country, Most of us will be running to europe, America etc cos of Nigeria situation. So should we let it continue? Buhari have my support on this.

#ISTANDWITHBUHARI.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by basadenet: 9:13am On Oct 08, 2016
It is high time the National Assembly cut some powers of the President before he humiliate everybody including they themselves. Our president is power drunk and dictatorial in nature.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by NairaMaster1(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

--Modified-

Summary.

Ok: keep on celebrating impunity. Using sledge hammer to bring down somebody's gate because you have evidence? Is that how it's done in a democratic society? Must the FG and APC win all cases? Otherwise the judge is currupt?
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by APCmyheart(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Mr man stop yarning thrash, Most of those judges are so corrupt that no matter what they will still favor the higher bidder, Most of them belong to same cult so we need a IRON hand.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by emeraldo56(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2016
If an ordinary citizen is treated this way, we will keep mute but if an elite that does not know we exist is treated this way some set of people will be barking #Hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Excluding Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List Is Partial' - Yoruba Youths / El-Rufai Orders Removal Of Roadblocks At Kaduna's State Boundaries / Farah Dagogo Gets Bail After Two Months In Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.