Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,806 members, 7,827,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? (1871 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers / I Want To Know About The Freemasons. Are They Really Satan Worshippers? / Osun River Worshippers With Austrian Woman As Priestess (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2009
Their official day of worship is [b]SUN[/b]day.Is this religion a pagan religion in disguise?
Comments,please. smiley
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by DeepSight(m): 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2009
jagunlabi:

Their official day of worship is [b]SUN[/b]day.Is this religion a pagan religion in disguise?
Comments,please. smiley

Jagun, please dont let me reach the conclusion that you are entirely unserious?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by Abuzola(m): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2009
Yes o
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by theseeker2: 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2009
its obvious. Why did they ditch sabath for SUNday?
Why does christmas correspond to the winter solistics( birthday of the invincible sun)?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by Abuzola(m): 10:31pm On Oct 18, 2009
The truth has come to light,
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by Undispu3rd(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2009
Abuzola:

the_seeker link=topic=339519.msg4758177#msg4758177 date=1255900493:

its obvious. Why did they ditch sabath for SUNday?
Why does christmas correspond to the winter solistics( birthday of the invincible sun)?

The real Christian still exist, but very few because they follow strickly the TRUE teaching of CHRIST rather than presumptions. They're those that do not believe in the CROSS. Because Jesus never died on it. The cross and its worship is purely idolatry!

The issue of Xmass is a very simple case because TRUE CHRISTIANS don't celebrates it. Another fact that it is still an undeniably & unarguably a pegan festival. Jesus had no time command any of his disciple to celebrate his birth, He never did himself, then won't it be illogical for his fellowers to celebrates his birthday? there are two birthday celebrations recorded in the bible but both ended in MURDER.

The only commandment he gave his disciple is recorded in matthew, 24 :14; and in John, 6 .

As for the SABBATH, it will interest my friend to also know that it is a Jewish setting and we are talking about Christian here. Jesus himself did many things on the sabbath which ordinarily is forbidden to the Jewish. Jesus never mince for words his actions.

The TRUTH that has come to light is that there are still REAL Christian: Iwon't give a specific website to the HOUSE but implore any honest seeker to check google for himself.

I rest my case for now.
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by mazaje(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2009
Abuzola:

What truth are you talking about? The truth that mohammed is a plagiarist and a pedophile?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
I am as serious about this issue as i possibly can.What of those HALOS used as christian iconography?They are also pagan motifs.Are christians worshipping the godbeing called RA,the ancient egyptian sun god without them knowing it??
Deep Sight:

Jagun, please dont let me reach the conclusion that you are entirely unserious?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by bawomolo(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2009
Christianity has roman pagan influences etc
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by PastorAIO: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2009
Okay, so Moslems worship the Moon God and christians worship the Sun God.

Why don't they get together and we'll have the marriage of the sun and the moon which is the key to redemption.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/rosar2.html
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by DeepSight(m): 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2009
JAGUN -

1. Christmas is a regurgitation of the Summer Solstice celebration dedicated to the Sun God. Historical Fact.

2. The word "Easter," is the modern english for the word "Astarte" - an ancient fertility goddess. Historical Fact.

3. The Trinity Doctrine was likely gleaned from many pagan "Trinities" including the Egyptian Horus, Osiris and Isis.

4. Even the word "Yahweh" has possible origins in semitic paganism.

None of these facts above have any bearing whatsoever on the concept of worship of an almighty (monotheistic) GOD. These are traditions, and traditions very naturally creep into religion, and dogma, and culture. . . none of these have a core bearing on the pure concept of loving God and loving one's fellow man.

Indeed i have argued severally that even if "Yahweh" or "Allah" turned out to be ancient names for "Sango", this would be entirely meaningless so long as the concept within the mind of the person mouthing that name, is the concept of the universal creator.

I hope you appreciate the point. It is the mind and spirit that count, and not the historical/ cultural trappings.
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by Abuzola(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2009
Even christianity itself is absent in the bible talk of trinity.

*yabbing in french* Rire
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2009
Deep Sight:

JAGUN -

Indeed i have argued severally that even if Yahweh or Allah turned out to be ancient names for "Sango", this would be entirely meaningless so long as the concept within the mind of the person mouthing that name, is the concept of the universal creator.

I hope you appreciate the point. It is the mind and spirit that count, and not the historical/ cultural trappings.
I find this explanation very hard to swallow,deep sight.If what truly matters is the concept held up in our minds,and not the names of these godbeings,then why should africans bother using the names of yahweh or allah?Why be muslims or christians at all? Why not just be, without associating ourselves with these names? We do have our own african names to conceptualize the universal creator with,don't we?Why does it have to be that of the jews or the arabs?No,it is not entirely meaningless in my view.
Moreover, we don't need to mouth any name in other conceptualize the universal creator,because a name is nothing but a box in which we try to limit the creator. We can just leave the creator in it's pure state of no name or non-labelling.
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by DeepSight(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2009
jagunlabi:

Moreover, we don't need to mouth any name in other conceptualize the universal creator,because a name is nothing but a box in which we try to limit the creator.

So what do we call "IT"? Having a name for the creator is no problem. Do we just go quiet once we want to refer to the Creator, since any word we use will limit IT? Any how, many names in many languages used to refer to GOD imply mean - "Creator" when translated. In Igbo for example, Chineke means "God the Creator".

Why do YOU have a name?

Would you be a different person if your name was changed? Would it change the fact that you remain you?

Importantly, if you were named after a pagan deity today, would that change the fact that anybody mentioning your new name in reference to you is still referring to you and you only?

I hope you see that the name is not relevant, only the entity being referred to by the mind counts.

jagunlabi:

why should africans bother using the names of yahweh or allah?Why be muslims or christians at all? Why not just be, without associating ourselves with these names? We do have our own african names to conceptualize the universal creator with,don't we?Why does it have to be that of the jews or the arabs?

I support this, that's why i am neither Christian nor Muslim
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2009
Why does the creator have to have a NAME?Why can't you leave it as it is and just concentrate on your own spiritual and intellectual evolution and growth.That is all that is required of all of us,to evolve.We must learn to love and appreciate the creator without naming or labelling.
I,as a human being, need a name only on this physical plane of existence because it has a very practical value. The creator,on the other hand, does not need any.
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by morpheus24: 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ psoter

I was wondering why muslims worship of Friday and not Saturday?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by cHeMiCaLmEnAnCe: 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2009
I SEE WHY YOU ARE CALLED DEEP SIGHT. YOU SHOULD UPGRADE TO DEEP INSIGHT. ALTHOUGH, WASTING YOUR TIME ARGUING WITH THOSE WHO NEED MERCY IS NOT DOING JUSTICE TO YOUR [size=8pt][size=8pt]GOD[/size][/size] GIVEN TALENT. YOU KNOW THE TRUTH IN YOUR HEART AND THAT IS WHAT SHOULD MATTER. PRAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL SEEKING THE TRUTH AND THOSE WHO KNOW IT BUT, DENY IT. MOST ESPECIALLY, PRAY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BLINDED FROM THE TRUTH BY FALSE REALITY.
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by DeepSight(m): 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2009
jagunlabi:

Why does the creator have to have a NAME?

You see, you are contradicting yourself - the very word "Creator" is also a name.

Why are you using that word?

Why dont you refer to the Creator like this - (i rephrase your question below)

"why does [silence for a few moments] have to have a name?"

Language, brother. We need words to refer to all ideas we have. Even infinity, we gave the name "infinitY".
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by Abuzola(m): 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2009
Lol deep sight has no vision, today he jumps to this, tomorrow jump to that
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by MrTurkey(m): 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2009
grin
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by BADLEE: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2009
jagunlabi:

I find this explanation very hard to swallow,deep sight.If what truly matters is the concept held up in our minds,and not the names of these godbeings,then why should africans bother using the names of yahweh or allah?Why be muslims or christians at all? Why not just be, without associating ourselves with these names? We do have our own african names to conceptualize the universal creator [/b]with,don't we?Why does it have to be that of the jews or the arabs?No,it is not entirely meaningless in my view.
Moreover, we don't need to mouth any name in other conceptualize the universal creator,because a name is nothing but a box in which we try to limit the creator. We can just leave the creator in it's pure state of no name or non-labelling.

@ [b]Jagunlabi,

Are you suggesting that we can just drop this God and allah and can simple call alla african name s like akpu, ite, okwute, nkita , ewu or eve agwo, , the only thing is that we only need to conceptualize that we mean it to universal creator. ?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
Deep Sight:

You see, you are contradicting yourself - the very word "Creator" is also a name.

Why are you using that word?

Why dont you refer to the Creator like this - (i rephrase your question below)

"why does [silence for a few moments] have to have a name?"

Language, brother. We need words to refer to all ideas we have. Even infinity, we gave the name "infinitY".
Deep sight,you are beginning to disappoint me.The word,"Creator" is not a name, but a term among many other terms.Besides the term,creator, is not bonded with excessive baggages of dogmas and ideologies of every kind like Yahweh,or Jehovah, or Allah. The instant you mention any of these names, the creator is immediately bottled up and owned by a specific religion.
The term,the universal creator is indeed universal and impartial because it belongs to no specific religion.It is a vastly more neutral and all-encompassing than any of these names, and that is why i prefer to use it.
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
BADLEE:

@ Jagunlabi,

Are you suggesting that we can just drop this God and allah and can simple call alla african name s like akpu, ite, okwute, nkita , ewu or eve agwo, , the only thing is that we only need to conceptualize that we mean it to universal creator. ?
Perhaps it is better not to use names or even terms,but to just let the creator be.
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
Okay,enough of the names of the creator.We are derailing the thread already.Let us get back on track.Christians are sun worshippers or what?The holy trinity concept is also very pagan,of Egyptian origin.No?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by jagunlabi(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
Okay,enough of the names of the creator.We are derailing the thread already.Let us get back on track.Christians are sun worshippers or what?The holy trinity concept is also very pagan,of Egyptian origin.No?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by morpheus24: 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2009
Can someone answer my question as to why Muslims go to Mosque for lectures on Friday and not saturday?

ANyone?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by Abuzola(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
What is muslim business with saturday, christian are so dumb what happen to the sabbath day ? Jesus never instruct the people to worship on sunday
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by morpheus24: 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
Abuzola:

What is muslim business with saturday, christian are so dumb what happen to the sabbath day ? Jesus never instruct the people to worship on sunday

Very funny logic here. You ask questions about christians being sun God Worshippers when the Quranic story of Abraham building a place of worship with his son Ismael is fabricated. The Kabbah stone is most likely a mediorite that the idolaters in Arabia were amazed at and thought it best to worship their idols there.

Muslims faced Jerusalem at one point. When the Jews rejected their teachings as plagarism all of a sudden the position switched to Mecca by Allah via Muhammed's decree. How convenient. Don't you think?
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by Abuzola(m): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
You yourself bear witness that you lied
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by morpheus24: 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
Abuzola:

You yourself bear witness that you lied

Stop using old world  quotes to make yourself feel right. I dindn't bear witness nor witness anyting at all
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by akakaroro(m): 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
I AM A CHRISTIAN
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Are Christians Sun God Worshippers? by VortexTM: 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
Christians worship on The First Day of the Week. That this day is called 'Sunday'  in The English Language is secondary. Any other day of the week can still be tied to one 'ancient' deity or the other :

Monday was derived from Moon's Day
Tuesday from Tiw's day (Tiw is the god of war in the 'ancient' Nordic pantheon of gods and goddesses)
Wednesday from Woden's day (Father of Tiw and dispenser of victory in the Nordic pantheon)
Thursday from Thor's day (Eldest son of Woden and god of thunder)
Friday from Freyja's day (Wife of Woden and goddess of love)
Saturday from Saturn's day (This god is believed to be ruler of the planet Saturn whose revolution round the sun is believed to influence events on earth. )

In a similar way, these months were dedicated as follows:

January - Janus (Roman god of beginnings)
February - Februa (A Roman ritual festival of purification)
March - Mars (Roman god of war)
May - Maia (Roman goddess of spring)
June - Juno (Roman goddess of marriage)
July and August were named after Roman emperors
September to December simply meant 'seventh', 'eighth', 'nineth' and 'tenth' month respectively.
Only April appears to be left out. It means 'to open' since it happens to be the first month of the calendar before it was rearranged to what we have today, where January is now the first month.

Do we now conclude on the basis of these that any activity, say, Wedding, conducted in, for example, January is being done in honour of Janus? I don't think so.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Who Made God?" / 10 Things That Can Distract Your Walk With GOD / What Religion Did Jesus Practice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.