Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos (2110 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! / "We Are Igbos, But Denied Igbo Because Of Biafran War" Says Ikwerre Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
I have taken a closer observations on affairs of this nation and have come to realize that this foolery only exists among the western Igbos - your state or geopolitical zone determines your tribe. Goshh!

As we all know, Nigeria has about fifty languages and more than two hundred and fifty dialects, and Igbos tend to be leading in terms of numerous dialects intelligible to each other, though some Igbo dialects can sound really deep. I think the Abakaliki dialect is the deepest among all the Igbo dialects.

How come it's the Ikwerres whose dialect is very intelligible live in this Igbo denial? Ikwerres tend to be leading in this Igbo denial nonsense, but let me tell you. Down within them, they know very well they are Igbos, yet choose to live in denial.

Your name is Emeka, Amadi, Ibekwe, Chinonso, Ikechukwu, Ogochukwu etc., your dialect is very Igbotic and so is your culture and you tell me you are a Chinese not Igbo. Lol... How come you speak the language, practice the culture and bear the name? How can one just forget everything about himself and adopt another's? What about Ibibio, Efik, Idoma, Igala etc? These people are very close to Igbos yet, they maintain their language, names and culture. They never for once change to Igbo in anything. How come Ikwerre's case is a different one? Ikwerres people are pure Igbos fighting hard to deny who they are. Is that possible anyway?

You traced your founding father to Akalaka's family, a proud Igbo family, whose name only has Igbo meaning, destiny. Yet you are from India.
Ichie Akalaka was probably a great warrior and business man who traded with people of different cultures and languages, yet he never forgot home. His two notable sons were Ekpeye and Ogba. Iwuoha, which means general rule/law in Igbo, (maybe recently corrupted Iwhuruohna) to whom Ikwerres trace their origin was probably one of Akalaka's sons too, but not as popular as Ekpeye and Ogba. Whether Ikwerre is Igbo or not, that's their business.

Please let me make this point known. Don't misunderstand all the Igbo speaking communities in Rivers State to be Ikwerre. Ikwerre are about two or three local governments. They know who they are, but few are bold enough to flaunt it. The Ndoki Obigbo/Oyigbo, Etche people etc. are never part of this foolery. Don't let anybody deceive you.

Our State or Geopolitical Zone Does Not Determine Our Tribes

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Amberon: 2:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dumbo. If you're from Nigeria then your state determines your tribe. A delta man cannot be Hausa or Fulani.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
Amberon:
Dumbo. If you're from Nigeria then your state determines your tribe. A delta man cannot be Hausa or Fulani.
Sorry to say you sound foolish. States and zones are political classification, and does not in any way determine one's tribe.

Is Adamawa State in the same geopolitical zone with Kebbi state? Does it make an hausa people from both states seize to be hausas? Mind you, there are indigenous hausas in Niger and Cameroon yet, they never for once deny their identity.

Are Kogi and Kwara States in South West? Both states have indigenous Yorubas. Do they seize to be yorubas because they are not from South West? No

Why is the Igbo case different? Why should Igbo speaking people from Delta and Rivers be brainwashed that there not Igbos? Then who are they? Ukwuani LGA says I'm Ukwuani and Ikwerre LGA says I'm Ikwerre, just like that, the people that are originally one and Intelligible are divided into minorities. This way, the people are being exploited.

I dare you to make out time to visit upland River State and Delta North. Visit their towns and villages and you you know that this people are very Igbotic in everything. No other language but Igbo, no other culture but culture but Igbo. Igbo village names etc. It's been so right from time. Neither the arrival of the the white men, nor the injustice from Nigerian Government can divide us.

This is 21st century. We are not ready to buy those lies or be deceived anymore. Time to tell the world we know our root. The inhabitants of upland Rivers are Igbos. Ikwerres and some Deltans can choose whoever they want to be.

We are not confused. We know who we are. We are Igbos

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
^^^Why did you bother replying? Nwanne k'ebe isi?
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Amberon: 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
I didn't read your epistle.

Its not worth arguing. States and geopolitical regions in Nigeria determines tribes. [s]
Kingset:
Sorry to say you sound foolish. States and zones are political classification, and does not in any way determine one's tribe.

Is Adamawa State in the same geopolitical zone with Kebbi state? Does it make an hausa people from both states seize to be hausas? Mind you, there are indigenous hausas in Niger and Cameroon yet, they never for once deny their identity.

Are Kogi and Kwara States in South West? Both states have indigenous Yorubas. Do they seize to be yorubas because they are not from South West? No

Why is the Igbo case different? Why should Igbo speaking people from Delta and Rivers be brainwashed that there not Igbos? Then who are they? Ukwuani LGA says I'm Ukwuani and Ikwerre LGA says I'm Ikwerre, just like that, the people that are originally one and Intelligible are divided into minorities. This way, the people are being exploited.

I dare you to make out time to visit upland River State and Delta North. Visit their towns and villages and you you know that this people are very Igbotic in everything. No other language but Igbo, no other culture but culture but Igbo. Igbo village names etc. It's been so right from time. Neither the arrival of the the white men, nor the injustice from Nigerian Government can divide us.

This is 21st century. We are not ready to buy those lies or be deceived anymore. Time to tell the world we know our root. The inhabitants of upland Rivers are Igbos. Ikwerres and some Deltans can choose whoever they want to be.

We are not confused. We know who we are. We are Igbos

[/s]
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
Lolz
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
Amberon:
I didn't read your epistle.

Its not worth arguing. States and geopolitical regions in Nigeria determines tribes.
What a silly notion! Why do you think that a merely created state determines one's tribe? Why didn't they make it one state per tribe? How come some states have many tribes and some tribes many states. You better wake up guy.

Not all are in South West. And not all Igbos are in South East. You are comfortable to argue this, but you can't argue that Hausa/Fulanis are all over North.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Lolz
Guy what's funny here?
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2016
Igboid, Adaure4ever or Abagworo. Got anything to say?
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by bennyann: 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
No one else can tell me my real Identity apart from my mother and father. So OP, it's your people who are confused by saying they're not Igbos because someone from somewhere told them so.

So you should be the one to convince your people, lead them towards the path of self realization and cure them from the supposed confusion.

This message about confusion is mainly for your people.
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
bennyann:
No one else can tell me my real Identity apart from my mother and father. So OP, it's your people who are confused by saying they're not Igbos because someone from somewhere told them so.

So you should be the one to convince your people, lead them towards the path of self realization and cure them from the supposed confusion.

This message about confusion is mainly for your people.
Well, now that we have found out that we are same people divided for political hypocrisy. Don't you think it's a good idea to join hands to bring the lost ones through every possible means before this people lost completely. We are the youths today and fathers tomorrow. What we know is what we are going to impact on the future generations
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by bennyann: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
Kingset:
Well, now that we have found out that we are same people divided for political hypocrisy. Don't you think it's a good idea to join hands to bring the lost ones through every possible means before this people lost completely. We are the youths today and fathers tomorrow. What we know is what we are going to impact on the future generations

It's advisable we do our part for the common good.
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
bennyann:

It's advisable we do our part for the common good.
ok

Just keep preaching the oneness bro

Guess they will come to understand
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
Kingset:

My brother I tow your line of thought but arguing with some of your people is totally useless. There are too deeply buried in their own lies. Where are you from?
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

My brother I tow your line of thought but arguing with some of your people is totally useless. There are too deeply buried in their own lies. Where are you from?
Well you have a good point as I have also noticed the argument so far within them. But Etche and Obigbo/Oyigbo are not part of those living in this denial. It's only few percent of them deny their Igboness. The earlier the South East and Some South South Youths take to the social media to convince them, the better. Obigbo is the Igboland that gives the tribe direct access to the South Atlantic Ocean. It's time to visit the upland Rivers and talk with the elders. They really know the history, but some devilish ones choose to rewrite history and write questionable trash. Really questionable history because it's very clear that everything about upland Rivers is Igbo, completely igbotic ranging from names of ancient villages, shrines, names of inhabitants, the traditions and culture. Everything is undeniable igbotic, yet some people they claim to be Chinese.

There's no need living in lies. Why do people choose lies when they know the truth
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
Kingset:
Well you have a good point as I have also noticed the argument so far within them. But Etche and Obigbo/Oyigbo are not part of those living in this denial. It's only few percent of them deny their Igboness. The earlier the South East and Some South South Youths take to the social media to convince them, the better. Obigbo is the Igboland that gives the tribe direct access to the South Atlantic Ocean. It's time to visit the upland Rivers and talk with the elders. They really know the history, but some devilish ones choose to rewrite history and write questionable trash. Really questionable history because it's very clear that everything about upland Rivers is Igbo, completely igbotic ranging from names of ancient villages, shrines, names of inhabitants, the traditions and culture. Everything is undeniable igbotic, yet some people they claim to be Chinese.

There's no need living in lies. Why do people choose lies when they know the truth

Ask those who deny their ethnicity. Meanwhile you hedged my last question. Good you've seen the light but let me tell you. Two things are involved in bringing this people back.
1) The Ohaneze
2) The people among you,especially the respected elders who know the truth
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

Ask those who deny their ethnicity. Meanwhile you hedged my last question. Good you've seen the light but let me tell you. Two things are involved in bringing this people back.
1) The Ohaneze
2) The people among you,especially the respected elders who know the truth
I'm from Isu
Le anya nwanna. Ibia na Etche, enwere Igbo, Isu, Ozuzu, Igbodo etc. These people speak same dialects but slightly different from each other. The dialect is almost the same from the one spoken in Ngo-Okpala. Etche people understand central Igbo even without being thought. They use Igbo Bible in churches.

You have a point bro. Let's work for a united future
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Kingset:
I'm from Isu
Le anya nwanna. Ibia na Etche, enwere Igbo, Isu, Ozuzu, Igbodo etc. These people speak same dialects but slightly different from each other. The dialect is almost the same from the one spoken in Ngo-Okpala. Etche people understand central Igbo even without being thought. They use Igbo Bible in churches.

You have a point bro. Let's work for a united future
Nwafor anum ekene gi nke oma. It is well. N'ikpeazu,umu Igbo n'ile ge nwe mmeri.
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
It is this kind of people that rekindles my hope in the Igbo race. I wish there was a pan-Igbo body of sorts that looks into the welfare of (proud) Igbo people outside the SE. Op your people really really deserve more. I weep for the Igbo...I weep for my people.
Re: We Are Not Confused; We Know Who We Are; We Are Igbos by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 11, 2016
THIS ARTICLE IS ONE OUT OF NUMEROUS EVIDENCES THAT UPLAND RIVER STATE ARE PROUDLY IGBOS

(1) (Reply)

Justice Okoro Vs Amaechi : Serap Raises 7 Questions For Njc / David Mark: GEJ & His Wife Radicalized Tambuwal &Turned Him Into A Political Foe / Why Do Northerners Have More Disabled People In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.