Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

My Advice To Tenant - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Advice To Tenant (15898 Views)

Landlord’s Obligations To Tenant / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired / Understanding Your Rights And Obligations As A Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Advice To Tenant by gist4kidsblog: 7:23am On Oct 09, 2016
okay

Re: My Advice To Tenant by Chrisrare: 7:40am On Oct 09, 2016
godquality:

Haha. This ripped me off. Best tip ever. cheesy cheesy grin
I no understand dis tip o... Abeg wetin e mean?
Re: My Advice To Tenant by divineshare(m): 7:41am On Oct 09, 2016
Request for nepa bill. Former tenants might have left 1.5m bill.

If the landlord is jobless and still active, expect him to be borrowing constantly from you. (That's how u pay ur rent)

Never date the daughter of ur house owner.

5 Likes

Re: My Advice To Tenant by Nnamdikalu: 7:43am On Oct 09, 2016
LOVEGINO:
I knw say ur house dey near garage tongue
That boy dey live for lekki phase1 so he doesn' have a problem grin grin grin
Re: My Advice To Tenant by Nnamdikalu: 7:46am On Oct 09, 2016
Moreoffaith:
You no advice them make dem dey safe money go buy land, even if na ifo or ibafo make dem no turn tenant forever.
#ISWORD
Re: My Advice To Tenant by ceejay80s(m): 7:51am On Oct 09, 2016
veekid:
Funny but fact

veekid:
Funny but facy

Mr, U no sabi modify ?

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by uvalued(m): 7:54am On Oct 09, 2016
Aotoidee123:
My Advice To Tenant

Tips for Renting an Apartment

Hints to take seriously when renting an apartment.

1. If you notice a lot of shops in the neighbourhood selling or repairing generators, it means light is not constant in that area.

2. Beware of houses that the children of the original owners manage. You might end up paying rent to each of the children.

3. Try buying recharge card to know the type of neighbours you have. If the maximum you can get is only 200 naira, well, you know the kind of neighbours you have.

4. You don’t have a car and you want to rent house in a gated community where Okadas are not allowed to enter? Pity yourself o.

5. Bring out all your phones and modems to see which ones will get the strongest network signal. Start to give the strongest line to people that ask for your phone number.

6. Avoid houses that are near garages, whether Okada, keke Napep or bus garage. Apart from the noise and pollution, you know that NURTW change in leadership can be bloody. They use cutlasses, knives and the like to displace their ‘chairman’. You don’t want to get caught up in struggle for control of garage because your house is nearby.

7. Ensure that good schools are not too far away for your children. That way, they might be able to get to school even during fuel scarcity.

8. For the ladies, try and dissuade your husband or fiancé from renting apartment near bars or clubs. You should know why. Also ensure that no eX’s are nearby to avoid reigniting flames that should be dead.

9. If for any reason, you don’t want extended family living with you, by all means avoid 3-bedroom flats, especially if your children are young. When ‘anti’ comes from the village for a visit and sees an unoccupied room, your excuse for refusing your cousins becomes weak.
Good Luck...!!!

For More Information If you want to Rent an apartment,Land and Properties call:

XEUS REALTIES LTD,
Re: My Advice To Tenant by Cutehector(m): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2016
Hahaha. Our family house in my villa got a lot rooms. Nw "aunties" flock in every Christmas

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by chubbygal(f): 7:57am On Oct 09, 2016
Nutase:
Nonsense. You should be advising them on how to become land lords and not how to be tenants for life tongue
how much houses you get?

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Tenant by ceejay80s(m): 7:58am On Oct 09, 2016
Aotoidee123:
My Advice To Tenant

1. If you notice a lot of shops in the neighbourhood selling or repairing generators, it means light is not constant in that area.

2. Beware of houses that the children of the original owners manage. You might end up paying rent to each of the children.

3. Try buying recharge card to know the type of neighbours you have. If the maximum you can get is only 200 naira, well, you know the kind of neighbours you have.

4. You don’t have a car and you want to rent house in a gated community where Okadas are not allowed to enter? Pity yourself o.

5. Bring out all your phones and modems to see which ones will get the strongest network signal. Start to give the strongest line to people that ask for your phone number.

6. Avoid houses that are near garages, whether Okada, keke Napep or bus garage. Apart from the noise and pollution, you know that NURTW change in leadership can be bloody. They use cutlasses, knives and the like to displace their ‘chairman’. You don’t want to get caught up in struggle for control of garage because your house is nearby.

7. Ensure that good schools are not too far away for your children. That way, they might be able to get to school even during fuel scarcity.

8. For the ladies, try and dissuade your husband or fiancé from renting apartment near bars or clubs. You should know why. Also ensure that no eX’s are nearby to avoid reigniting flames that should be dead.

9. If for any reason, you don’t want extended family living with you, by all means avoid 3-bedroom flats, especially if your children are young. When ‘anti’ comes from the village for a visit and sees an unoccupied room, your excuse for refusing your cousins becomes weak.
Good Luck...!!!

XEUS REALTIES LTD,

So where do u want the poor people to live in?
Re: My Advice To Tenant by Youngzedd(m): 7:58am On Oct 09, 2016
No 10: Avoid leaving near a church or mosque because the sound that will be coming out from that place can make you commit murder.

Too many nuisance in the society.

5 Likes

Re: My Advice To Tenant by optimismlaz(m): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2016
I like the info
Re: My Advice To Tenant by anaton(m): 8:26am On Oct 09, 2016
Nutase:
Nonsense. You should be advising them on how to become land lords and not how to be tenants for life tongue

If they all become landlords who will then become the tenants?? Who will they lord over in the land.

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Tenant by highwaist: 8:29am On Oct 09, 2016
In. Addition,don't rent a house near/close to water/river/swampy.you make get money to erect antiflooding building but security is most important.ijaw kidnapers has turned swampy/river area to battle feild

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To Tenant by Osakah24(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2016
danbilbo:
10. If you do have a car (or 18-seater commercial bus) ensure your house has a gate. wink

Meanwhile, 18-seater commercial bus available here for just 750k
did you steal this one?

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by godquality: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2016
Chrisrare:
I no understand dis tip o... Abeg wetin e mean?
It meant dat, only rich people dey live dat area..... You know like politicians them. grin grin
Re: My Advice To Tenant by danbilbo(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2016
Osakah24:
did you steal this one?

No sir.

It was bought from Cotonou.

Afterwards, passenger seats were added. Then it was painted and serviced.

The owner then used it for about 6 months. Now though, he needs money so the bus has to be sold.

Will that be all sir, or do you have any further questions?

Interested buyers should please contact me on 09098200601. Thanks.
Re: My Advice To Tenant by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2016
Nice write up but you forgot to advice them to pay their Rent regularly to have piece of mind and start to move out if they can't afford the rent any more

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by idesylvester(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2016
But his advice wouldn't stop any1 frm becoming a landlord na.. eh... y r u like that
Nutase:
Re: My Advice To Tenant by Tobium1(m): 9:40am On Oct 09, 2016
Try buying recharge card to know the type of neighbours you have. If the maximum you can get is only 200 naira, well, you know the kind of neighbours you have.

Does dis make sense??

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 09, 2016
Nutase:

You can simply open a separate thread for that, am sure your keypad would not complain.

3 Likes

Re: My Advice To Tenant by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2016
Nutase:
na everybody go become landlord?

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by muller101(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Nutase:
mook. Is it a crime to be a tenant? And where. Did the op mention of being a tenant for life. Some of u reason as if u are mentally unbalanced?

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by wizjid69: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2016
Aotoidee123:
My Advice To Tenant

Good Luck...!!!

XEUS REALTIES LTD,

Also run from a house where the Landlord lives and is either jobless or retired...they will give you hell.
Always demand to see the electricity bill before you pay for the house or you might be forced to pay the last tenants bill.
Check the size of the water tank and also the state of the well or water could be a serious issue for you.
Always check the sewage it could be your worst nightmare!

4 Likes

Re: My Advice To Tenant by DonX001: 10:44am On Oct 09, 2016
10. Always check out the house after a heavy rain, and avoid flooded areas like plague, or else you may need to buy a tokunbo canoe as your second ride....or practice swimming by force everyday going to and from work.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by neocortex: 11:34am On Oct 09, 2016
That Number 5 is very important.
Re: My Advice To Tenant by neocortex: 11:41am On Oct 09, 2016
Nutase:

Are you a landlord ?
If yes create a thread to guide people on how to become a landlord.

If No, then why this comment ?

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by yoged(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2016
grin grin that number 9 is a fact.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Tenant by DonX001: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2016
chubbygal:
how much houses you get?
What are those things on your DP??
Re: My Advice To Tenant by omowolewa: 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
You be Funnylious?
Re: My Advice To Tenant by holamillion(m): 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jimiolay:
My own advice is, never allow chiwetala agu or patience ozokwor be your landlord or landlady

If i may ask ...why
Re: My Advice To Tenant by chubbygal(f): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
DonX001:

What are those things on your DP??
it is called control measure! For stubborn dk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Sale Of a brand new 4 Bedroom Detached Duplex wit A/C At Crown Estate Ajah / The Key Questions You Must Not Forget To ask Every Aluminium Dealer! Take A Look / How Do I Recover My Late Father's Property?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.