Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction (22092 Views)

Buhari Writes Senate For Confirmation Of 10 CCB Nominees / Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis / Henry Okah Still In Custody — Nigerian Prisons Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by bolaji3071(m): 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by davodyguy: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
lonecat:

Different how? there are both court ruling
ECOWAS RUling not binding

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by Jesusloveyou: 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Sibrah:
The Presido with clue.
not like that useless and clueless ineffectual buffoon

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by ArabMopol(m): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
joke of the century.... Buhari is a dullard and also a hypocrite, is it because Henry is a Christian I don't support terrorism acts... but he should emulate his counterparts from south and jail those terrorist he grant state pardon with huge some of money as compensation package, President Buhari of duara land prefer to grant those Islamic terrorist that killed more than 50,000 innocent Nigerians and displaced more than a million amnesty but spite fire and brimstone to crush Niger Delta freedom fighters that never recorded any civilian casualties, buhari is boko haram sympathizer, which government in his right sense will ever think of swapping harden radical Islamic terrorist with few chibok girls which I don't even know if they ever exist.... if South Africa should jail Henry okah, buhari should act as matter of urgency and apprehend Alhaji shakau live or dead jail him as well or donate him to medical faculty as experimental material

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
amagunnerfan:
You should be ashamed of yourself. An illiterate is presiding on you and your family.
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by gimbayaro(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
INTROVERT:
BETTER
best
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by chidozieikeji2: 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
What about kabiru sokoto the bomber when will nigeria convict him of terrorism too
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=IRserveMyComent post=50035025][/quote]
We are already ashamed of our selves as you can see. you don't need to tell us
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by Icemany: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
kings09:
I knw our tribalist Buhari will never mention 'fulani herdsmen' as among d terrorists in our country as they r his brothers.

Pls r we sure he z d 1 dat wrote d letter cos we knw we have a stack illiterate as a president

Bro, it is "stark" not stack...
You are most welcome.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by kechywillz(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
Recently buhari released Kabiru Sokoto,the terrorist that bombed Niger state on Christmas day,buhari speaking with both side of his mouth sad
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by sammhi(m): 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
davodyguy:
Interesting
What do we term this as?

Remember Jonathan alleged that MEND wanted him dead
Mend openly supported buhari
Mend also made the revelations that Jonathan was the sponsor of Avengers

Now buhari has hailed a judgement that's against MEND

Where does buhari really belongs?

I think he belongs to nobody, but belongs to his principles
Jonathan influenced this judgement Buhari is showing he is a politician who talks from both side of mouth .
PmB obviously has a pact with GEJ to call NDAyo order and in turn he will support Okah conviction
Trust politicians at your own risk
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by davodyguy: 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
sammhi:

Jonathan influenced this judgement Buhari is showing he is a politician who talks from both side of mouth .
PmB obviously has a pact with GEJ to call NDAyo order and in turn he will support Okah conviction
Trust politicians at your own risk
Lol.
Chai.

That's why I feel sorry for those supporting the avengers.
At the end of the day, the Nigerian government wins and electorates loses
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by kings09(m): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
amagunnerfan:
I am ashamed of myself. An illiterate is presiding over me and my family.
ok. Dats wat u meant cheesy
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by lonecat: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
davodyguy:
ECOWAS RUling not binding
not binding based on what logic?
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by searay(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2016
Inferiority complex
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by SharkTank(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
kings09:
ok. Dats wat u meant cheesy
Why are you editing his post?
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by abdulmuqsit15(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
kings09:
I knw our tribalist Buhari will never mention 'fulani herdsmen' as among d terrorists in our country as they r his brothers.

Pls r we sure he z d 1 dat wrote d letter cos we knw we have a stark illiterate as a president
no matter wht buhari would do, wailers will continue wailing. carry on!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by davodyguy: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
lonecat:

not binding based on what logic?
Consult Google on ECOWAS court powers
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by lonecat: 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
davodyguy:

Consult Google on ECOWAS court powers
The Court gained “jurisdiction to determine case[s] of
violation[s] of human rights that occur in any Member
State” in 2005 with the implementation of
Supplementary Protocol which followed the adoption of the Protocol on democracy and Good Governance, requiring that the Court be given “the power to hear,
inter alia, cases relating to violations of human
rights…” The Court’s decisions on human rights
matters interpret the African Charter on Human and
Peoples’ Rights violations. The Court has power to handle cases dealing with liability for or against the Community;
There is no domestic exhaustion of remedies
requirement limiting the Court’s jurisdiction
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by tohchee96(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2016
please someone should enlighten. me how does someone commit a crime in Nigeria and get convicted elsewhere ...
I honestly need to know..as it constantly baffles me

edakun epp ...
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by HAVIA(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2016
tohchee96:
please someone should enlighten. me
how does someone commit a crime in Nigeria and get convicted elsewhere ...

I honestly need to know..as it constantly baffles me

edakun epp ...

Okah committed the offence whilst being within the jurisdiction of the Republic which makes it an offence prosecutable in the Republic. Transfers of payment and or giving direction whilst in RSA is enough to establish jurisdiction without him being physically even in Nigeria to do the crime
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by davodyguy: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2016
lonecat:

The Court gained “jurisdiction to determine case[s] of
violation[s] of human rights that occur in any Member
State” in 2005 with the implementation of
Supplementary Protocol which followed the adoption of the Protocol on democracy and Good Governance, requiring that the Court be given “the power to hear,
inter alia, cases relating to violations of human
rights…” The Court’s decisions on human rights
matters interpret the African Charter on Human and
Peoples’ Rights violations. The Court has power to handle cases dealing with liability for or against the Community;
There is no domestic exhaustion of remedies
requirement limiting the Court’s jurisdiction

Great. No part therein says the consequence of not obeying a verdict. No subpoena or contempt or arrest or penalty for disobedience.

Only ICC has such powers
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by tohchee96(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2016
HAVIA:

Okah committed the offence whilst being within the jurisdiction of the Republic which makes it an offence prosecutable in the Republic. Transfers of payment and or giving direction whilst in RSA is enough to establish jurisdiction without him being physically even in Nigeria to do the crime
republic of. South Africa you mean?
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by HAVIA(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2016
Yes

tohchee96:
republic of. South Africa you mean?
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by tohchee96(m): 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
HAVIA:
Yes
thank you. ... that was insightful ..
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by justmenoni: 4:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Best

quote author=INTROVERT post=50026603] BETTER[/quote]
Re: Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction by ArodewilliamsT: 6:30am On Oct 11, 2016
I thought his mend group were running around disowning Avengers, courting Buhari and insulting Biafrans just to get favours from the dullard-General. What will Gbomo Jomo do now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmad Lawan Appoints Babagana Aji As His Chief Of Staff (photo) / Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters / Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.