Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss (49087 Views)

Fayose Shows Off His Drumming Skills Because Of Supreme Court Victory(pics,video / PDP Chairmanship: News Of Supreme Court Judgment Was False / Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by passyhansome(m): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
It spells impunity. Usually Supreme Courts justices are investigated and sanctioned by the NJC before they will be prosecuted and jailed if found guilty.

They are not usually arrested in commando styles as they are senior citizens who are dignified for their many years of meritorious service.

This regime does not understand the norms and democracy. They are always in a hurry to make mistakes and fall prey to ridicule.

4 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dear President this 1983/85 style wont work embarassed

In fact the President could not arrest Dogara and his padding cohorts...but he can act commando on top some old judge.
This style wont work at al at al.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
Those men arrested know their rights unlike other citizens...so i'm not worried.
Buhari should do whatever he likes to them, sure they will come back for him if these arrest were incited by false accusations.

5 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Pylony(m): 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
And how did their arrest reduce the price of Garri in the market? When a poor man is arrested he do not make headlines in news papers seeking for his quickest discharge from detention by the few wealthy Nigerians but when a thief who steal from our common wealth in Nigeria is arrested, just count down in minutes and it will be all over the news that his fundamental human right has being violated and mostly broadcast by we the masses for the sake of tribalism. Na we dey injure our self oo.. Sha me i no dey for this one
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Omeokachie: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
Buhari now doing the job of the NJC?

Same way he tried doing the job of the senate ethics committee in Saraki/Ekweremadu's case?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by bameyi(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=danbilbo post=50027878]Since when is it the duty of SSS(Or DSS) to arrest sitting judges for whatever reason

Abeg I no do again. Fairly used Naijerian passport available for swap with South Sudan.

My man keep your passport oh south Sudan get problem wet pass Nigeria wahala..
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by bameyi(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
Casuals dey that country oh..
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Bizibi(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
I Don dey fear fr this country.....
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by jumobi1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
I support PMB and the DSS. Our justice system including the NJC is corrupt. Desperate times=Desperate Measures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by ificatchmodeh: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
This impunity must stop..nigerian we're all in it..buhari has finally caged the judiciary.

This another arm og government..thats has their laws..

#impeachbuharinow#..it might be you tomorrow..
I don talk my own..

3 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Wasky101: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Did you notice that there is no northerner amongst them and these are the same people that have previously ruled against FG/APC? I know you are entitled to your opinion but right now your comment is very annoying and insensitive
So if no northerner has a case to answer, would you rather they rope one in to make the equation balance?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by basadenet: 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2016
Who will arrest those fraudsters that bankrolled PMB election?
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by ikaboy: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
Dignified indeed.

passyhansome:
It spells impunity. Usually Supreme Courts justices are investigated and sanctioned by the NJC before they will be prosecuted and jailed if found guilty.

They are not usually arrested in commando styles as they are senior citizens who are dignified for their many years of meritorious service.

This regime does not understand the norms and democracy. They are always in a hurry to make mistakes and fall prey to ridicule.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by InvertedHammer: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
/
The Nigerian judiciary needs total clean up.

Three were sacked last week. DSS arrested two of them this week.

I don't think that's enough. The way they'd carried on in recent years had made mockery of the judiciary. Right or wrong? I am just glad that all attention is focused on them.

/

6 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Bollinger(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
hucienda:
This doesn't look good ...

Buhari is dividing an already divided country the more.

Yes. When you resist corruption you are dividing the country. Nice logic.

3 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by PierreDeFermat(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
What I notice about these foolish thief corrupt judges in this country is that they're always drop dead ugly upon all the bribe they collect.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Firefire(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nigeria is completely finished. cry

Where is the rule of law and constitution in all this stupidity ?

I curse the day Buhary became the president of this country, I curse the day he was sworn-in.

I will reserve the curse of those who voted the tyrant for another day. angry

Firefire:
If nothing is done to resist this impeding clampdown and brainless idea of arresting without following DUE PROCESS we may no longer have democracy in Nigeria.

Unfortunately, some brainwashed elements are supporting this show of shame.

I pity una end.

2 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Money4passion: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
Buhari is psychologically outdated, scholarlily impounded and a political slowpoke
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Wadeoye(m): 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
Firefire:
Nigeria is completely finished. cry

Where in the rule of law and constitution in all this stupidity ?

I curse the day Buhary became the president of this country, I curse the day he was sworn-in.

I will reserve the curse of those who voted the tyrant for another day. angry

Rule of law my foot...

Corrupt judges most especially should not be shown any pity... They should be roughly handled and jailed without any benefit of trial.

3 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by july66: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
kahal29:
Incoming CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen not arrested. Those arrested to appear in court on Monday. They include

1. Justice Sylvester Nwali Ngwuta

2. Justice Inyang Okoro

Two Supreme Court Justices were arrested one from South East, Justice Ngwuta precisely (http://sunnewsonline.com/security-operatives-raid-judges-homes/) and justice Inyang (http://politicsngr.com/dss-arrest-supreme-court-judge-justice-inyang-okoro-akwa-ibom-elections-bribe/).
With this harassment, I think it may be difficult to secure judgements against the APC. I thought the procedure would have been to first report them to the NJC after which they will then be arrested & prosecuted.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Firefire(m): 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
Wadeoye:

Rule of law my foot...

Corrupt judges most especially should not be shown any pity... They should be roughly handled and jailed without any benefit of trial.

What do you know?
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Rilwayne001: 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
The same govt that protects Saraki, Dogara, Burantai, Abba Kyari and Babachir Lawal is the one invading houses of judges under the pretext that they are corrupt.

Buhari, kontinu fighting kwaraption
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
passyhansome:

Usually Do you know the meaning of the word? I doubt it. Usually indeed!!
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by ogunsbanjul(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nigeria will be great again. Thank God for the present government. We shall get there by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by LastProphet: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
doctokwus:
That Rivers state supreme court judgement was one of the lowest the supreme court had gone and it gave rise to the murdering field that state has turned to.
It was one of the points I started doubting PMB's anticorruption fight.Despite Wike seen and admitting visiting the CJN during the election trial and SR expose on the role okoro played,that d govt did nothing was the height of abetting of corruption in the judiciary.Other judges then simply sold their judgements to the highest political bidder wen they saw the govt was no different from others.
But why is justice Odili not amongst those arrested despite the confirmed role Wike himself admitted her husband played during the SC verdict ?Unless d govt is building a watertight case against her.

it takes time to gather evidence before moving on anyone especially a judge, PMB has only arrested 2 and u can hear what those criminal tribes are saying already?
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
So apc governors no dey also bribe judges abi?

1 Like

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by diva90: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
Judging from some of the comments on this thread its safe to say that Nigerians are their own enemies of progress.
If government fights corruption, una go complain.
If government does not keep to their words by fighting corruption, Una go still complain.
Guess you can't please no one these days.
For those of you saying its a witch hunt/revenge battle or that buhari is trying to divide nigeria, are judges now immune to corruption charges? No! So there's no excuse not to charge them to court

3 Likes

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by kel5000(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
Wasky101:

So if no northerner has a case to answer, would you rather they rope one in to make the equation balance?
zombie,doing what u know best
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omohayek: 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
I despise corruption as much as anyone, but there are good and bad ways of combating it; subverting the rule of law and undermining the independence of the judiciary is definitely not one of them. On what constitutional grounds can the DSS carry out an action such as this?

Even if these justices are each ten times as corrupt as Sani Abacha, I would think that the right way to handle the situation is by impeaching them, and having them tried by the appropriate NASS committees, not through the executive arm issuing orders to have them locked up. This looks to me to be a clear violation of the separation of powers. Of course, given how little regard most Nigerians have for such constitutional niceties, I fully expect loads of idiots to cheer on this action regardless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omohayek: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
The Nigerian judiciary needs total clean up.

Three were sacked last week. DSS arrested two of them this week.

I don't think that's enough. The way they'd carried on in recent years had made mockery of the judiciary. Right or wrong? I am just glad that all attention is focused on them.

/

There is no absolutely doubt that the Nigerian judiciary is rife with corruption and in dire need of cleaning out, but blatantly violating the separation of powers is simply not the right way to do it. If this constitutional restriction can be violated with impunity, what stops Buhari or a successor from ignoring any other such restraints? No man or woman can be bigger than the constitution, no matter how well-meaning they may be.

1 Like

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
CoolFreeday:
Good development, judiciary is the last hope of the ordinary man and if they're corrupt, where do we run to.
let them be investigated properly and charge accordingly.

#No to corruption.
#I Love my President
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Wadeoye(m): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
omohayek:
I despise corruption as much as anyone, but there are good and bad ways of combating it; subverting the rule of law and undermining the independence of the judiciary is definitely not one of them. On what constitutional grounds can the DSS carry out an action such as this?

Even if these justices are each ten times as corrupt as Sani Abacha, I would think that the right way to handle the situation is by impeaching them, and having them tried by the appropriate NASS committees, not through the executive arm issuing orders to have them locked up. This looks to me to be a clear violation of the separation of powers. Of course, given how little regard most Nigerians have for such constitutional niceties, I fully expect loads of idiots to cheer on this action regardless.

Any approach used to combat corruption is good as long as the motive is to punish the culprit.

Ordinary thieves get burnt alive for stealing N10k. While should elites stealing billions and leaving many people dead in the process enjoy due process?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / EFCC Begins Probe Of Ooni Ogunwusi / El-rufa’i Has 83 Certificates From Havard – AbdulHakeem Mustapha SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.