Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss (49088 Views)

Fayose Shows Off His Drumming Skills Because Of Supreme Court Victory(pics,video / PDP Chairmanship: News Of Supreme Court Judgment Was False / Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Wadeoye(m): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
sanpipita:

Our Judiciary has no absolute power, but you can't arrest them unilaterally without orders, its like arresting a sitting President without any procedure, anything not through the NJC orders is an impunity simple.

It is explicitly stated in the constitution that the president has immunity meaning he can't be arrested or prosecuted. Where in the constitution it is stated that judges can't be arrested or prosecuted?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Wadeoye:

It is explicitly stated in the constitution that the president has immunity meaning he can't be arrested or prosecuted. Where in the constitution it is stated that judges can't be arrested or prosecuted?

I wonder ooo!
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Goddys(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
The height at which Buhari is violating constitutional provisions is alarming.
He violated court order to release Nnamdi KANU from custody. Now he resorted to abrogating the inalienable tenet that hold all democratic nations together by arresting serving justices alleged of engaging in corrupt practices whereas there is a stipulated laws as to the process of arresting such senior citizens if found wanting in the discharge of their duties.
He ought to have informed the NJC who are empowered to discipline erring judges before taking recourse to arresting them as he does.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by InvertedHammer: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
sanpipita:

They never acted the way in Gestapo style, that's my point.
/

You seem more concerned about the means but not the end.

\
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by kedeojo(m): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Did you notice that there is no northerner amongst them and these are the same people that have previously ruled against FG/APC? I know you are entitled to your opinion but right now your comment is very annoying and insensitive
keep your tribalism to yourself joor. With d allegation and proof of the recovered money seized from them is evidence they are very corrupt. You people celerebate corruption too much and always quick to defence anybody from your region of corrupt act. The fight against corrupt judges is fully welcome. keep wailing. The president needs to sanitize that arm of government.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by lielbree: 7:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
tiger28:
what a sad day for poor Nigerians. 90% are poverty stricken yet we defend most of these thieves and at the same time we set ablaze a man that stole just 5k. Though I am not a Buhari fanatic, someone need to reset our psyche back to "default ".We have been so enmeshed with illegality for soooo long that we have become "immune" to it. Everything MUST have an ethnic angle but these thieves don't give a damn about you peasants. Sad!!!
How do you justify the dss using sledge hammer to break into a person's house at 1am? The same justices who criticised buhari for his use of the dss. O please spare me!
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Wadeoye(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
lielbree:

How do you justify the dss using sledge hammer to break into a person's house at 1am? The same justices who criticised buhari for his use of the dss. O please spare me!

Anything can be used to break into the house of a criminal... including bulldozer. Why didn't he open his door when he was asked to do so? The corrupt judge was even lying saying he wasn't in the house not knowing his phone is not his friend - the signal from his phone revealed his location grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Reference(m): 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
This country is gradually falling apart. Institutions, laws and procedures are been set aside, democracy is dying gradually.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Ubenedictus(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
biggy26:

Arresting anyone isn't a problem, but d manner and style of arrest no matter what shouldn't be military style. We might over look this today, but tomorrow it could be ur person.
NA today u sabi how naija take dey arrest?
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by naijaking1: 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
Did they search with a warrant? If not whose idea was it and how did they arrive at that idea?
Unreasonable search and seizures is against the tenets of democracy. If they have a warrant for the search, that's good.
The question would be which judge signed the warrant.

Democracy is obviously more complicated than a military rule, and people who praise Buhari today would live to regret tomorrow when lawlessness arrives the door step.

Only judges with a history of ruling against Buhari and his party should not be made scape goats
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Ubenedictus(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
Akinwerndey:
On what constitutional ground are these Judges are being arrested? Is there any warrant or evidence backing these arrests? This government is quenching the little light of hope some us are having in Nigeria....
the ground for arrest are bibery among others, THE dss has a warrant and claims to have evidence, d matter will appear in court on monday
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
Personally ,I suspect the Chief Judge was in the loop ,let us wait and see
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
Goddys:
The height at which Buhari is violating constitutional provisions is alarming.
He violated court order to release Nnamdi KANU from custody. Now he resorted to abrogating the inalienable tenet that hold all democratic nations together by arresting serving justices alleged of engaging in corrupt practices whereas there is a stipulated laws as to the process of arresting such senior citizens if found wanting in the discharge of their duties.
He ought to have informed the NJC who are empowered to discipline erring judges before taking recourse to arresting them as he does.
D dss has taken all due diligence, they invited d judges, investigated and got their warants. if they are innocent let them defend themselves in court. all exant laws has been followed.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Akinwerndey: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ubenedictus:
the ground for arrest are bibery among others, THE dss has a warrant and claims to have evidence, d matter will appear in court on monday
is the NJC aware of it, which court or judge gave the DSS the arrest warrant? Any idea?
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
Akinwerndey:
is the NJC aware of it, which court or judge gave the DSS the arrest warrant? Any idea?
An arrest warrant is not mandatory to making an arrest
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Akinwerndey: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
omonnakoda:
so what's your point?
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Ubenedictus(m): 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
naijaking1:
Did they search with a warrant? If not whose idea was it and how did they arrive at that idea?
Unreasonable search and seizures is against the tenets of democracy. If they have a warrant for the search, that's good.
The question would be which judge signed the warrant.

Democracy is obviously more complicated than a military rule, and people who praise Buhari today would live to regret tomorrow when lawlessness arrives the door step.

Only judges with a history of ruling against Buhari and his party should not be made scape goats
They had search warrants according to news sources.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Akinwerndey:
so what's your point?
The statement you quoted is my point
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Ubenedictus(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
Akinwerndey:
wait til monday when d courts wil hear d case. i am simply telling u wat i read on d news, i dont know which judge gave d warrant.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
gimbayaro:
Buhari is looking for trouble,he will die same way col. Gadaffi & sadam Hussain died. He has turn this country into something else. No more respect for the Judiciary and the legislature, he do as he wishes .... i have lost hope in my country....Am smelling big war coming

you smell war because you are ignorant
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
omonnakoda:
please educate me.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
WinningSun:

please educate me.
Educate yourself. Go to Google and check Arrest without warrant Nigeria
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by chadwickcollins(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
i knw say na igbo judges. dats gud make una support biafra una go say na moni una want tor una don see am na
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by naijaking1: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
omonnakoda:

So sad and unfortunate statement
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
naijaking1:

So sad and unfortunate statement
Emotional. What is important is not whether it is lugubrious or bereft of serendipity what matters is veracity,

Go to Google and type in Arrest without warrant in Nigeria. Hopefully you will learn something new.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by naijaking1: 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
omonnakoda:
Emotional. What is important is not whether it is lugubrious or bereft of serendipity what matters is veracity,

Go to Google and type in Arrest without warrant in Nigeria. Hopefully you will learn something new.

No emotions at all. You fail to see the precedent being set in the name of fighting corruption.
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by Fadahunsi(m): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
danbilbo:
Since when is it the duty of SSS(Or DSS) to arrest sitting judges for whatever reason?? undecided

Abeg I no do again. Fairly used Naijerian passport available for swap with South Sudan. angry angry

Meanwhile, 18-seater commercial bus available here for just 750k

You probably need to read up on the duties/functions of Law ENFORCEMENT Agencies, then also look up for the law establishing the State Security Services!
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by blackpriest0911: 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
I stand with PMB...go to hell foolish SaTANoids
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by omonnakoda: 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
naijaking1:

No emotions at all. You fail to see the precedent being set in the name of fighting corruption.
The problem many people have is they cannot argue coherently. I do not support what has been done,AT ALL. One must, however,demur with the right argument. Legally or constitutionally I cannot fault what has been done. There is or are many grounds to criticize the action but so far I have not heard anything of intellectual moment.Rather people resort to visceral reactions and emotional ejaculations . It is sad that our young people cannot reason properly
Re: Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss by gimbayaro(m): 6:29am On Oct 09, 2016
WinningSun:

you smell war because you are ignorant

You smell peace,coz uar a fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / EFCC Begins Probe Of Ooni Ogunwusi / El-rufa’i Has 83 Certificates From Havard – AbdulHakeem Mustapha SAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.