Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno (2437 Views)

There Will Be No Rapture And Jesus Is Not Coming Back! -former Pastor Dr Ray / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / How I Lost My Belief In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by johnydon22(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
winner01:
You'll need to open a thread for this cos almost all your brothers think this is the case.
Oh i wonder who else is guilty of shallow stereotyping..

Why are you sympathetic towards religion nowadays anyway undecided
Is there something you're hiding from your brothers?

I'm not being sympathetic towards religion, i say things as i see them... There is no big ish here..
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by johnydon22(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
hahn:

Elaborate.
No epistles please undecided
I will brother but i'm afraid it might be long ....
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by hahn(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
johnydon22:

I will brother but i'm afraid it might be long ....

Don't bother bro.

hahn:

Lol. Just practicing hasty generalizations like theists do. Didn't know it would hurt so badly cheesy grin tongue
I have many role models who are theists smiley
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by hahn(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
winner01:
You'll need to open a thread for this cos almost all your brothers think this is the case.

You mean the same way you think all atheists are evil? undecided
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by PastorAIO: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
JackBizzle:

What's the claim again? Point me to it......so that I can destroy it

The claim is that you are under no moral obligation not to lie. Which is possibly true.

However this has no bearing on the fact that in spite of claiming to be morally obliged not to lie, this 'obligation' has done nothing to curtail the great propensity for falsehoods exercised by 'christians' the world over for centuries.
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by EyeHateGod: 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
PastorAIO:

The claim is that you are under no moral obligation not to lie. Which is possibly true.

However this has no bearing on the fact that in spite of claiming to be morally obliged not to lie, this 'obligation' has done nothing to curtail the great propensity for falsehoods exercised by 'christians' the world over for centuries.
grin Tell me more lies this is interesting
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
winner01:

me nd johnydon22 have evolved ,,lol
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by hopefulLandlord: 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
PastorAIO:

interesting
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by PastorAIO: 1:01am On Oct 09, 2016
winner01:
Just remember this always people, before you're dragged down that dusty lane: Atheists are under no moral obligation not to lie.

4Absolutely not! Let God be true and every man a liar. As it is written: “So that You may be justified in Your words, and prevail in Your judgments.” 5But if our unrighteousness highlights the righteousness of God, what shall we say?

Romans 3
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by hopefulLandlord: 5:56am On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

Are you basing your response on what you didn't read? What if he did have a conversion experience but didn't go into it in detail. For instance, when I read this:
... I would presume that the pentecostal experience would include a conversion, cos that's what happens in pentecostalism. This presumption is buttress by the fact that he went on to attend a seminary.

funny how its a non christian that's pointing this out to a Christian
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by ColdHardTruth: 8:44am On Oct 09, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Does it mean that you don't know the meaning of adultery?.

ColdHardTruth:

Okay, I'll indulge you,
Having sex outside marriage while married
No be so?

Sekundo, your questions don finish?
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by PastorAIO: 9:01am On Oct 09, 2016
ColdHardTruth:

Sekundo, your questions don finish?

As you don pass Waec now, whish university you wan go?
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by ColdHardTruth: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

As you don pass Waec now, whish university you wan go?

Lol

A university of Sekundo's choice grin
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by sonmvayina(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
there have been so many claims and counter claims on whether God exist or not, atheism or agnostic or whatever you believe. let me make some few contribution, i dont know if this is the right thread.
point number 1: God is not a man.
point number 2: Bible never said there was only one God
point number 3: the Jews worshiped the creator of all who is Marduk, Eledumare to the yoruba,chukwu to the igbos, osanobua to the edos and osalobua to the ishans....etc. the idea is the same just the nomenclature that varies according to language..

i think it is both demeaning and insulting to use human attribute to describe God..God those not know the difference between good and evil, he creates both. to God both mean the same thing..it is us men with our brain that can distinguish two different actions, one good the other bad or evil. it is the creator or God that is responsible for both.(Isaiah 45:7)..The creator sits at the top of the pantheon, which is made up 6 on the right side or the good side and 6 Gods on the left or evil side.(psalm 82 :1-3)..these 12 Gods are all under the control of the creator. in the Yoruba religion they are more than that.. but according to the Sumerians who where the first civilization on earth, ANU, is the most high and father of the Gods. he had 2 sons..Enki(right side) Enli(left side)..but the actual creations of man was done by Enki and his consort Ninmah,.
the Jews worshiped the creator of all (Marduk) who is the first son of Enki. he freed the Gods from the dragon Tiamat and they made him the king of the Gods and men. later on both Enki and Enlil passed there attributes to him..so all men and Gods are under his control..including the devil. they all come to take permission from 'IT'...before they do anything.

so that makes the story of Jesus a mythology...as the messiah the Jews are waiting for is a mortal man. mind you all those Gods had their cults in Babylon, just like in Benin where i grew up, there are ogun shrines, olokun shrines etc....one of such cult was that of Inana and Dimuzi, it is this cult that later transformed into Christianity with inana given a new name...'Mary' the mother of Jesus, she is Lucifer or the light bearer..as Jesus is the light.(john cool..she is also the LovePeddler of Babylon (Isaiah 47) and Revelations 17, 18, 19...she rose herself to the pantheon..she is the real power and savior of the church..something tells me she is making plans to enslave the human race soon, we are gradually entering the apocalypse....a lot of people are going to die...the church(catholic church) has been building her statue outside of the church..it is those image that will be brought to life according to the book of revelation 17,18,19....just what i think...
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by ColdHardTruth: 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
sonmvayina:
there have been so many claims and counter claims on whether God exist or not, atheism or agnostic or whatever you believe. let me make some few contribution, i dont know if this is the right thread.
point number 1: God is not a man.
point number 2: Bible never said there was only one God
point number 3: the Jews worshiped the creator of all who is Marduk, Eledumare to the yoruba,chukwu to the igbos, osanobua to the edos and osalobua to the ishans....etc. the idea is the same just the nomenclature that varies according to language..

i think it is both demeaning and insulting to use human attribute to describe God..God those not know the difference between good and evil, he creates both. to God both mean the same thing..it is us men with our brain that can distinguish two different actions, one good the other bad or evil. it is the creator or God that is responsible for both.(Isaiah 45:7)..The creator sits at the top of the pantheon, which is made up 6 on the right side or the good side and 6 Gods on the left or evil side.(psalm 82 :1-3)..these 12 Gods are all under the control of the creator. in the Yoruba religion they are more than that.. but according to the Sumerians who where the first civilization on earth, ANU, is the most high and father of the Gods. he had 2 sons..Enki(right side) Enli(left side)..but the actual creations of man was done by Enki and his consort Ninmah,.
the Jews worshiped the creator of all (Marduk) who is the first son of Enki. he freed the Gods from the dragon Tiamat and they made him the king of the Gods and men. later on both Enki and Enlil passed there attributes to him..so all men and Gods are under his control..including the devil. they all come to take permission from 'IT'...before they do anything.

so that makes the story of Jesus a mythology...as the messiah the Jews are waiting for is a mortal man. mind you all those Gods had their cults in Babylon, just like in Benin where i grew up, there are ogun shrines, olokun shrines etc....one of such cult was that of Inana and Dimuzi, it is this cult that later transformed into Christianity with inana given a new name...'Mary' the mother of Jesus, she is Lucifer or the light bearer..as Jesus is the light.(john cool..she is also the LovePeddler of Babylon (Isaiah 47) and Revelations 17, 18, 19...she rose herself to the pantheon..she is the real power and savior of the church..something tells me she is making plans to enslave the human race soon, we are gradually entering the apocalypse....a lot of people are going to die...the church(catholic church) has been building her statue outside of the church..it is those image that will be brought to life according to the book of revelation 17,18,19....just what i think...

hmmmm
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by Niflheim(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2017
Tomorrow, the christians on nairaland will claim, "But he was not a true christian nah"

Ask these same Nairaland christians, whether they killed any doctors or police officers for working on the sabbath, and they will shout, "BUT THAT IS DI OLD TESTAMENT NAH!!!"

Ask them why you should pay tithes and they will shout, "BUT IT WAS AN INSTRUCTION FROM GOD IN DI OLD TESTAMENT NAH!!!'

MORAL TO THE STORY: Beware of the christian hypocrite, whose lips are always filled with hippo.shit"
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by ColdHardTruth: 9:43am On Aug 12, 2017
Niflheim:
Tomorrow, the christians on nairaland will claim, "But he was not a true christian nah"

Ask these same Nairaland christians, whether they killed any doctors or police officers for working on the sabbath, and they will shout, "BUT THAT IS DI OLD TESTAMENT NAH!!!"

Ask them why you should pay tithes and they will shout, "BUT IT WAS AN INSTRUCTION FROM GOD IN DI OLD TESTAMENT NAH!!!'

MORAL TO THE STORY: Beware of the christian hypocrite, whose lips are always filled with hippo.shit"

true
Re: How Questioning My Belief Led Me To Atheism -Former Pastor Wesley Nazeazeno by hopefulLandlord: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

Peter denied Jesus thrice Judas betrayed Jesus Pastor VP Osinbanjo promised N5,000 for poor Nigerians Adeboye claimed he drove for miles in a fuel-empty car

Point- the bible does not stop anyone from lying. Christians lie too.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Economic Benefits Of Fasting / Glory Dome: 10 Things You Need To Know About Dunamis 100,000 Capacity Auditorium / Unveiling The Succession Plan Of Living Faith Church - Leke Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.