Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges (60840 Views)

Mc Tagwaye Shakes President Buhari, As DSS Reacts (Photos, Video) / Arrest Warrant Issued To SSS To Search And Arrest Judges (photos) / Shell Rules Out Repair Of Damaged Oil Facility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by baddosky1: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
hucienda:
Wow.

Imagine say President Obama of the Executive through the CIA and FBI ordering the 1am break-in and forceful arrest of Chief Justice Roberts of another independent arm of government, the Judiciary. hehehe ... you just have to give it to Buhari.

All southerners.

So Buhari is saying only southern judges are corrupt? hehehe.

Any southerner who voted in this bigot and tribalist-in-chief as president needs to give him/herself a high-five. You just showed yourself as a fool.

" ... No be outside Buhari dey. Craze world.
Na craze man be dat. Animal in craze man skin. Craze world ... "

- Fela Kuti | Beasts of No Nation

Gestapo-style Democrazy.

Heil Buhari! Sai Baba!

I wonder what Beremx has to say about this

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Kay17: 1:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
shuggah:

Dss knew pronto that they had cash at home?

Apparently they got the intelligence that the bribery sum was stashed in cash. The cash that was recovered.

I think due process was followed. The DSS can make arrests under the authority and request of the Police just as the Police can ask ordinary citizens to help out to make arrest when the need arises.

Although people expect the justices to be treated with dignity yet they are citizens as well. They are not entitled to more.

And the justices can have a taste of the justice system which they have subjected ordinary Nigerians to

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by rasputinn(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
HtwoOw:
In the same news, one of the judges had $2M cash in his house

It's still witch hunt isn't it ??

Why do you people always react on half story and turn blind eye to the other half ?

Abi Judge self dey do forex wey he dey get $2M for house ?

Edited 00:02

Some bastard have been quoting me to ask me rhetoric, senseless questions

Questions like

did you see the money

How did they count it to know the exact amount, did they bring electronic counting machine

I don't need to see the money, if anyone wants to, go to DSS Office quote freedom of information act and voila, you will see it

Q2 These ediots think DSS will sit to count the money in the suspect's house, like they don't have office besides we are probably taking of stacks and bails of money , see James ibori loot below, maybe you'll understand me

I pity you

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Kay17: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
chronique:
Let's get this straight. This is the first time I would even attempt to use foul or harsh words on any Nigerian leader. The DSS is in charge of intelligence gathering and internal security. It is not their job to arrest "corrupt officials/judges". Let the EFCC and ICPC do their jobs. Secondl,the DSS is under the control of the presidency. If theyy carry out illegal acts that reduces Nigeria as a whole to an animal farm and a wildlife conservation,then I have the right to call whoever is in charge of that office,any name I deem fit. I am a Nigerian and I have a say as to what happens in my country. The president doesn't have the right to misbehave and do whatever he likes;Nigeria is not his father's property. Whatever action he takes that affects I and other Nigerians negatively,has to be frowned at and condemned in the strongest possible terms. If you must fight corruption,do it within the ambits of the law. Nigeria should not be reduced to an animal farm because of a person who isn't in the first place,qualified to be a local govt chairman. The reasn why Nigeria would never move forward,is cos the dull and ignorant ones amongst us,usually have the loudest voices,numbers and all that,when it comes to taking national decisions.

The DSS can make arrests under the authority of three President and the Police.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by shuggah(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Kay17:

Apparently they got the intelligence that the bribery sum was stashed in cash. The cash that was recovered.

I think due process was followed. The DSS can make arrests under the authority and request of the Police just as the Police can ask ordinary citizens to help out to make arrest when the need arises.

Although people expect the justices to be treated with dignity yet they are citizens as well. They are not entitled to more.

And the justices can have a taste of the justice system which they have subjected ordinary Nigerians to
you re being sentimental and using assumptions, do u use assumptions when answering exam questions?
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by oribi(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
ceaser:

They did not act without warrants. And going by your assumption, wanton looting of citizens' common patrimony, bribery and corruption by a few elite I'd supposed to happen in a sane country, right?

my bro i don't support any form of illegality but 1am @ night with their families that's proper?When did they serve them the warrant? in their sleep i guess..Don't be bias in your view
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by oribi(m): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Lukmanraji:

Is any of the judge the bread winner of ur family. If so, you can carry a big bowl and start wweeping and if it's otherwise, brother you have nothing to loose. Let them vomit their loots.

just because they not my family does not mean i should support what is wrong simple.And if this is democratic system of government then i really pity...i guess the nigerian students charged in turkey is also right..
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by daveP(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hiqhscore:

If u had commited a crime would u open ur door @ free will to security operatives.
Truely tz an unlawful break in, but in a truthful mission like dis am sure dss would follow its laid down rules.
Y'all dis wailers commenting against dis act, breaking in to one's house is common to npf, meanwhile if dier officers had done same to u, u wud keep mute
Shut up and stop that wailers classification. Must you always feel your skin like that. undecided
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by ziga: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Henry240:

Funny... How corrupt judges like Okon Agban of the Federal High Court in Abuja who consistently rules in favour of the APC, and threw Abia into a state of confusion, somehow miraculously has been immune to this sting operation.

Our we going to fix Nigeria by selective sting operations?

Are you guys telling me, Nigeria does not require a Sting Operation to capture the Judge who suspended Buhari's certificate case indefinitely. indefinitely concerning buaris certificate?

The President who is fighting corruption when he lied about his qualification? Common guys, we are not all fools.

Even in advanced communities, are all the criminals arrested?

Does the fact that whoever you mentioned is currently free, make the others innocent.

It is like getting caught for being unfaithful to your wife and telling her that your friends are also unfaithful... Very juvenile.

And if we keep making excuses like this, Justice will never develop. We kill it at its infantile stage.

The US went through stages and are still going through stages to develop their justice system. The key is that they keep on building on what is already there ("maintenance culture" ) and not destroying the imperfect system.

For instance, if you are not connected in the US, you are more likely to get convicted for a trivial crime.

If we keep on making excuses for criminals, we the masses will continue to suffer.

Every criminal will have his own day of reckoning. Every day for monkey, one day for the owner. I'm sure you have heard of situations when people don't get convicted for many years. If we develop our justice system, empower law enforcement and the judiciary, everything is on paper. And people will pay for their corruption. They will spend their old age in prison. and this is what makes people more compliant with laws in advanced societies. We are impatient but it has to be a process.

So lets stop making excuses. Please.
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
ziga:

Even in advanced communities, are all the criminals arrested?

Does the fact that whoever you mentioned is currently free, make the others innocent.

It is like getting caught for being unfaithful to your wife and telling her that your friends are also unfaithful... Very juvenile.

And if we keep making excuses like this, Justice will never develop. We kill it at its infantile stage.

The US went through stages and are still going through stages to develop their justice system. The key is that they keep on building on what is already there ("maintenance culture" ) and not destroying the imperfect system.

For instance, if you are not connected in the US, you are more likely to get convicted for a trivial crime.

If we keep on making excuses for criminals, we the masses will continue to suffer.

Every criminal will have his own day of reckoning. Every day for monkey, one day for the owner. We are impatient but it has to be a process.

So lets stop making excuses. Please.

If every criminal will have his own day of reckoning, when would Buhari's day of reckoning come for falsification of documents?
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by ziga: 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
Henry240:

If every criminal will have his own day of reckoning, when would Buhari's day of reckoning come for falsification of documents?

Just get your evidence, take him to court.

But let us make sure our law enforcement and judiciary system is empowered.
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Kay17: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
shuggah:

you re being sentimental and using assumptions, do u use assumptions when answering exam questions?

DSS obviously showed good cause to the magistrate or judge that issued that arrest warrant. Amongst the reasons must be knowledge of stashed cash or other evidence
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
ziga:

Just get your evidence, take him to court.

But let us make sure our law enforcement and judiciary system is empowered.

In the spirit of equity and justice. Buhari should take himself to court for falsification of documents and lying under oath. He had a case in court which was thrown out after multiple high level incidences of intimidation.

It is ironic for a corrupt individual to claim to be fighting corruption. Can a corrupt individual empower the law enforcement and Judiciary positively?
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Hiqhscore(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
daveP:
Shut up and stop that wailers classification. Must you always feel your skin like that. undecided

Uncle clear mah see dollar jare sad
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by daveP(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hiqhscore:

Uncle clear mah see dollar jare sad
when you get a highscore. call me. Use sense
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Hiqhscore(m): 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
daveP:
when you get a highscore. call me. Use sense

Gimee ur number wink
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by ziga: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Henry240:

In the spirit of equity and justice. Buhari should take himself to court for falsification of documents and lying under oath. He had a case in court which was thrown out after multiple high level incidences of intimidation.

It is ironic for a corrupt individual to claim to be fighting corruption. Can a corrupt individual empower the law enforcement and Judiciary positively?

The world is full of ironies.

An example is that you are more concerned about allegations of falsification of records vs theft of millions.

Not sure about Nigerias legal system but one will probably be a misdemeanor while the other will be a felony.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Justiceleague1: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
When there is a cow bufalo loving president,what do u expect..
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
ziga:

An example is that you are more concerned about allegations of falsification of records vs theft of millions.

Not sure about Nigerias legal system but one will probably be a misdemeanor while the other will be a felony.

It is not an Irony. A thief cannot, does not have the moral justification to accuse anybody of theft.

Lying under oath, falsification of documents does not constitute a misdemeanor, especially when those acts are carried out to get elected into the Office of the President. It is a felony.

We have seen the economy tank because the president is absolutely clueless as to how to handle the economy.
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by ziga: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Henry240:

It is not an Irony. A thief cannot, does not have the moral justification to accuse anybody of theft.

Lying under oath, falsification of documents does not constitute a misdemeanor, especially when those acts are carried out to get elected into the Office of the President. It is a felony.

We have seen the economy tank because the president is absolutely clueless as to how to handle the economy.

What are we talking about

I thought this was about the corrupt judges that are being investigated. Why do you keep on bringing Buhari up?

And BTW, Buhari did not arrest them or accuse them. The laws of Nigeria did. Just like it is in any sane society.

SMH.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Vatsyayana: 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
shuggah:

) Search Warrants are executed between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM except on weekends.
2) Search Warrants are valid only if issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
3) Search Warrants obtained in one State of Nigeria cannot be executed in another State excepted it is endorsed by a Magistrate or Judge equal in rank to the one that issued the Warrant.
4) Only two or three agencies in Nigeria are charged with the investigation of corruption cases namely the EFCC, the ICPC and the Nigeria Police.
5) Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and VIPs who do not constitute a flight risk are usually invited to appear before investigation Agencies.
6) The National Judicial Commission (NJC) is the only body empowered to sanction Judges and Justices found wanting in the discharge of their duties.
7) A current Governor is the Chief Security Officer of his State.
cool A current Governor enjoys immunity in terms of prosecution and the inviolability of his person.
9) The Judges in question have issued unfavourable judgements against the arresting Agency in the past, thus casting aspersions on the motive for their arrest.

ISSUES FOR DETERMINATION
1) Did the arresting Agency actually procure an Arrest Warrant from a Court of competent jurisdiction?
2) Did the arresting Agency adhere to the rules governing the procurement and execution of a Search Warrant?
3) Did the arresting Agency exhaust the option of extending an invitation to the suspects before procuring the Arrest Warrant?
4) Did the arrested suspects at any time pose the risk of taking to flight?
5) Does the arresting Agency not have people at all the land, sea and air borders to prevent an escape of the suspects?
6) Did the arresting Agency at any time write a letter to the National Judicial Commission (NJC) highlighting the offences committed by the suspects and demanding their release for an interview?
I leave this for the Court to decide !

My simple response is for you to go back and read your law books very well with special reference to the New Administration of Justice Act and the law establishing the DSS!
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by Geniro: 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
ziga:

The bold is nonsense.
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by 400billionman: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
hucienda:
Wow.

Imagine say President Obama of the Executive through the CIA and FBI ordering the 1am break-in and forceful arrest of Chief Justice Roberts of another independent arm of government, the Judiciary. hehehe ... you just have to give it to Buhari.

All southerners.

So Buhari is saying only southern judges are corrupt? hehehe.

Any southerner who voted in this bigot and tribalist-in-chief as president needs to give him/herself a high-five. You just showed yourself as a fool.

" ... No be outside Buhari dey. Craze world.
Na craze man be dat. Animal in craze man skin. Craze world ... "

- Fela Kuti | Beasts of No Nation

Gestapo-style Democrazy.

Heil Buhari! Sai Baba!

I am just noticing the names. Mostly Igbo judges.

Dimgba should be the one always at loggerheads with DSS during court sessions for flouting court orders over Dasuki trial..
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:23am On Oct 11, 2016
hucienda:
Wow.

Why don't you concentrate on your insane African way of living and stop pretending you know anything about ours or our sanity?

If Justice Roberts violates the laws of the United States by doing something lowly criminal as collecting bribes he would be shamed live on CNN and the raid on his house would be beamed to all Americans for our collective entertainment.

The truth is most of you are just plain criminals thats why it seems absurd to you that nobody is above the law.
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by iyanigold: 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
southerners are known for throwing their weight behind their corrupt leaders.They have different perception of corruption
Re: Photos Of Damaged Doors As DSS Attempted To Arrest Judges by MadamExcellency: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2019
How many of these Judges were convicted, more than two years after?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Photo Of Soldiers Fixing Damaged Road Will Melt Your Heart / We Miss You: Bukola Saraki Mobbed By Kwarans As He Arrives Ilorin (Videos, Pics) / Photo Of Saraki & Dogara Laughing As Buhari Presents 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.