Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF (20923 Views)

ARMOURED HELICOPTERS : GOVERNOR WIKE REVEALS THAT RSG HANDED THEM OVER TO NAF / Customs Hands Over Seized Helicopters To NAF At Lagos Airport / Buhari Hands Over Presidential Lodge To Lagos Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by ABEngine(m): 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
mrvitalis:
Sometimes i wonder what Buhari will do to satisfy people

Resign!

Then we can elect Mr. Vitalis, a younger and much more versed person with the energy to run such a country.

Except you disagree with me.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by AxeurdaddyIX: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Handing over the planes to NAF is commendable, but must there be a Ceremony attached to it

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by ABEngine(m): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
If the maintenance of these crafts are still going to be infused in our budgets then this transfer makes no sense.

Except someone is prepared for wars rather than dialogue.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by mrvitalis(m): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
ABEngine:

Resign!

Then we can elect Mr. Vitalis, a younger and much more versed person with the energy to run such a country.

Except you disagree with me.

Lol me His decision are less tougher than what i will do

I will drop of the naira instantly
imported wheat and rice will attract a tax of 500%

All religious bodies will be taxt 75% of their income

All imporred cars will be taxed 600%... Infact the rule will be if we can produce it lets not use it

Seriously if j complain about Buhari.. U wont Survive my government

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by ABEngine(m): 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol me His decision are less tougher than what i will do

I will drop of the naira instantly
imported wheat and rice will attract a tax of 500%

All religious bodies will be taxt 75% of their income

All imporred cars will be taxed 600%... Infact the rule will be if we can produce it lets not use it

Seriously if j complain about Buhari.. U wont Survive my government

Choi! Please let us manage our Buhari grin your energy too much noni.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by jnizzle(m): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
I knw its gonna be a lil xpensive bt I do knw for a fact dat our military enginers can do it lyk dey recenty did to some alfa jets
anonimi:

Of course, there is no question about whether it can be converted or not into whatever purpose.
The question is at what COST compared to other possibilities

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by anonimi: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
jnizzle:
I knw its gonna be a lil xpensive bt I do knw for a fact dat our military enginers can do it lyk dey recenty did to some alfa jets

You are still missing the point.
It is not about how ABSOLUTELY expensive the conversion will be.
No.
It is about how COMPARATIVELY expensive the conversion will be relative to usage for the PROMISED revival of Nigerian Airways that our president will be flying in like any other regular Nigerian who EMPLOYED him to his job through their votes.
Understand

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4269133_41663981jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573_jpegac277a0d7502f8e77b3aa5be5b080eb8

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by Reference(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Abegi, the presidential fleet has always been owned and operated by the airforce. What do you call this bullcrap.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by ebakhaiyhe(m): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
There is no difference between 6 and half a dozen. Who are you trying to deceive, before now, the aircraft in the presidential fleets are managed by Nigeria airforce. Just take them there and go for it anytime you want to.
During campaign, Buhari told Nigerian that he was going to set up an airline with the presidential fleets. Am not surprise as the name APC implies All Promises Council
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by mrvitalis(m): 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
ABEngine:

Choi! Please let us manage our Buhari grin your energy too much noni.

Seriously... we should support Buhari
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by jnizzle(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
I do understand bt to be honest.....I don't think our president is eva gonna fly a commercial air line even if its one of d best in d world
anonimi:

You are still missing the point.
It is not about how ABSOLUTELY expensive the conversion will be.
No.
It is about how COMPARATIVELY expensive the conversion will be relative to usage for the PROMISED revival of Nigerian Airways that our president will be flying in like any other regular Nigerian who EMPLOYED him to his job through their votes.
Understand

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4269133_41663981jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573_jpegac277a0d7502f8e77b3aa5be5b080eb8
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
A step in the right direction. I believe there shouldn't be more than 5 aircraft in the fleet, for the use of the president, VP, their spouses, the Senate president and Speaker of the House.

The BBJ and Falcon aircraft should be retained, while the govt could buy 2 customized B787-9 jets, and one A350-900 jet. The later two brands of aircraft are super fuel efficient.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by obiageIi(f): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
anonimi:

What kind of military mission can NAF use presidential jets for, please?
Maybe for bombing Boko haram in sambisa forest? grin grin
Do you mind telling us?
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3484910_20160311201901_jpeg3212cea02ee0dec365d0abd007f3cf6f
Go and read about the aircraft in the presidential fleet first
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by mandax: 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
Who will buy jets that have Buhari body ordour?

No more selling the presidential jets?
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by slawali: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
stuffs4me:

Don't mind the lying president. Presidential Air Fleet (PAF) has always been managed by and in possession of the Air Force.

These people are really funny, they think everyone is as dull as them.

Guy u a dullard,ask your ppl they will tell you.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by femag: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
FEMAG: Good, provided the NAF will not bastardise them
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by coolplanet: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
sarrki:
Observing for now

Good
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by anonimi: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
jnizzle:
I do understand bt to be honest.....I don't think our president is eva gonna fly a commercial air line even if its one of d best in d world

Won't he fly commercial flight AFTER he is president?
Was he not flying it BEFORE he was president?
What has CHANGED

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964496_img20160713wa0000_jpeg5f8afdd8ac03faaf771f294478b46a06

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by seguntijan(m): 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
When I voted for Buhari, I voted for an old man that can damn the consequences and make things right forcefully or stylishly. The former being my best option. So many things are wrong in this country and force is really needed to make them right. All arms of government are visibly corrupt and we need total overhauling. Let the purge begin Buhari. I fully support you.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by waltinnovers: 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
How does this nonsense decision help our economy? Handing over those aircraft NAF is as good as Buhari to say I don't want to fly them again please NAF help me to be flying them.
If buhari will say, I want to commercialize them for me it is a good idea, or if the NAF needs more war plane, let the president dispose them and use the money to get war planes for NAF.
The way the use national funds to maintain them, is it not the same fund that will still use to maintain them. Let buhari stop deceiving himself, he is not ruling fool.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by jnizzle(m): 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
Which african president flys commerical? Do americans complain dat obama doesn't fly commercia? Let's just say aving a presidential jet comes wit d job!
anonimi:

Won't he fly commercial flight AFTER he is president?
Was he not flying it BEFORE he was president?
What has CHANGED

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964496_img20160713wa0000_jpeg5f8afdd8ac03faaf771f294478b46a06

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4207170_fbimg1469018943096_jpeg2e87af2b28b00dc62a4dbf71ba6f4cf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by mapet: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
motorized:

Oga, what @tit meant was that the planes are flown and maintained by NAF. NAF pilots fly them.. handing them over only means NAF would be using them for non-presidential movements

Why do you people spew ignorance with reckless abandon. The PAF is a separate organ from the NAF.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by anonimi: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
jnizzle:
Which african president flys commerical? Do americans complain dat obama doesn't fly commercia? Let's just say aving a presidential jet comes wit d job!

African presidents fly commercial flights.
It is a pity that we POOR Africans make a big deal of this while we work as under-employed slaves in those countries where their presidents and prime ministers fly commercial.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024041_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

Uganda's Museveni fumes with Kenya Airways. He's not the first; the story of African VIP run-ins with airlines

[img]http://cdn.mg.co.za/crop/content/images/2015/03/16/mala16_landscape.jpg/633x356/[/img]

AN incident where a commercial aircraft failed to cater for Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni has threatened to blow into a diplomatic headache, as Kenyan legislators prepare a probe.

Private Kenyan daily The Standard reported that the fallout stems from an alleged request last month by Museveni to Kenyan flag carrier Kenya Airways to change its flight schedule to accommodate his intent to fly to Nairobi from his rural home for a high-profile heads of state summit.

Kenya Airways, known by its international designator code KQ, did not oblige, forcing Museveni to turn to Ethiopian Airlines on which he arrived for the meeting.

More from: http://mgafrica.com/article/2015-03-16-no-love-lost-in-the-air-african-vip-run-ins-with-airlines

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by jnizzle(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
Oh he decided to take a commercial flight nd dey messed him up.....nice 1.......just for d records, d mst successful blacks in d us are nigerians....dey don't all work as under employed slaves.
anonimi:

African presidents fly commercial flights.
It is a pity that we POOR Africans make a big deal of this while we work as under-employed slaves in those countries where their presidents and prime ministers fly commercial.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024041_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by sadissbala(m): 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
nrexzy:
Na presidential fleet not NAF.... imagine Airforce One being Handed to the Democrats
do you know what Airforce one mean?
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by stuffs4me(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
slawali:

Guy u a dullard,ask your ppl they will tell you.

Oloriburuku... You and your f00lish president don't know that PAF is being managed by Nigerian Air Force long before he came to power.

Get a brain eediot... In fact get two, your mumu president needs one also.
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by 9ite(m): 1:32am On Oct 10, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
This is commendable. Having 12 presidential jets is an unnecessary waste of resources in this period of recession. A good leader leads by example. Change has truly began with this move by buhari to curb waste. GEJ should have reduced the fleet but he is too corrupt to think in that direction. Some call you a dictator but if dictatorship is what is required to sanitize the system you have the support of sane Nigerians. Invade the home of looters, break their doors and safes with sledge hammers, brutalize them with your DSS and make them pay for short changing the state. We must sanitize the country for the upcoming generations. God bless Buhari for sacrificing his comfort for the masses. We are grateful sir
Uncle, y nt just leave GEJ outta diz? What reasons whr there for GEJ to hav sold d planes during his tenure? Was 9ja in recession? M sure if he did sold dem then, savages like u would hv tagged d sale as a corrupt act. + its 10 aircrafts in the presidential fleet nt 12
Re: Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF by tit(f): 1:20am On Oct 11, 2016
sadissbala:
do you know what Airforce one mean?

baba ijeebu has turn all zombie brain to amala.
before it is only yeeboe that use to think with left hand,
but no tinubu has juju plenty of my brothers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Endorses Atiku Abubakar, Plans 100% For PDP, Flays Mischief Makers / "Pay Your Workers", Buhari Tells Governors / Again, Peter Obi Lied On The Global Competitive Index- The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.