Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: (5735 Views)

BREAKING: Misconduct: NJC Fires Two Judges Before Xmas / "If The Judges Should Resign, Buhari Should Also Resign Over WAEC Result" -Video / "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SalomonKane: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
todayboy:

So the so called money seen in judge house is now an evidence that the judges are corrupt

Why only judges that rule against buhari and DSS are ambushed

Am not surprised if this your post that's why you ban people for no reason
Comments like this makes me shake my head in alarm.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

If criminal and corrupt judges should be invited, then armed robbers, kidnappers, drug dealers must also be invited before being arrested. Are judges above the law or do they have immunity?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander and no crime is greater than the order. A crime is a crime.

Corrupt Judges have been arrested in US by FBI (capital of democracy) and in Ghana.

Condoning corrupt judges in the name of democracy is a rap.e of democracy in itself.
You don't need a Search warrant to search the House of Armed Robbers and Terrorists. However, it isn't the case for economic and financial crimes.

Arrest of judges is not a big deal, but doing so while bypassing the law is crime itself.

Why not invite the Judges to your offices and if they fail to honor the invitation, you effect arrest.

However, if there was need to search a citizen of economic and financial crimes, all you need to to obtain search warrant which the law provides to be executed between 6am and 6pm.

We cant allow the President to exercise absolute power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Did you see subsection 3 that mandates "invitation" FIRST before executing warrant of arrest?

BTW I made mention of SEARCH WARRANT not Arrest Warrant.

From the report, DSS claimed they have SEARCH WARRANT not Arrest Warrant. Both are different...

See attached picture as regards a search warrant. Get your facts right please, this is really not cool

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by todayboy: 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
SalomonKane:
Comments like this makes me shake my head in alarm.

Yes its not for people who are confined by propaganda
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You don't need a Search warrant to search the House of Armed Robbers and Terrorists. However, it isn't the case for economic and financial crimes.

Arrest of judges is not a big deal, but doing so while bypassing the law is crime itself.

Why not invite the Judges to your offices and if they fail to honor the invitation, you effect arrest.

However, if there was need to search a citizen of economic and financial crimes, all you need to to obtain search warrant which the law provides to be executed between 6am and 6pm.

We cant allow the President to exercise absolute power.

Please how is the crime of a corrupt judge different from that of a robber or kidnapper or drug dealer? If a judge should be invited and other criminals too should always be invited first before arrest.

Invite corrupt judges with exhibits in their homes to your office? Let assume they were invited, will they have walked into DSS office with the recovered FXs. Tonye, stop falling my hand this afternoon.

You can execute search warrant at anytime of the day bros.

I do not support Presiden having absolute powers like that mad man in Turkey Erdogan. I will also not support having corrupt judges presiding over cases in the name of a bastardised word call ''democracy''.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

Where did you see the word "invitation" in subsection 3?

The provisions there clearly said that the warrant is to be shown and that was talking about DURING the arrest or search is being done and NOT before.

Please we are reading the same thing here
It is clear that you don't know the difference between a SEARCH WARRANT and an ARREST WARRANT.

My post clearly states that a Search Warrant is to be executed between the hours of 06:00 and 18:00.
BTW I made mention of SEARCH WARRANT not Arrest Warrant. From the report,

DSS claimed they have SEARCH WARRANT not Arrest Warrant. Both are different...

The DSS never claimed to get ARREST WARRANT but Search Warrant. To get Arrest warrant you must first satisfy formal invitation to suspect and show that he rebuffed it. DSS NEVER claimed Arrest warrant.

On the Arrest Warrant subject, even when granted, there is precondition for effecting it. this is the reason IGP Arase didn't arrest Saraki even after the arrest Warrant was issued because Saraki cooperated.

I'm done with you man
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by anonimi: 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:
See attached picture as regards a search warrant. Get your facts right please, this is really not cool

It would be useful to also post the source (web site link) of the information you shared.
Thanks.
We should enlighten each other credibly so we all don't perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by 989900: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

[s]You don't need a Search warrant to search the House of Armed Robbers and Terrorists. However, it isn't the case for economic and financial crimes.

We cant allow the President to exercise absolute power.[/s]

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SalomonKane: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
todayboy:

Yes its not for people who are confined by propaganda
No wonder you can make that kind of statement.
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is clear that you don't know the difference between a SEARCH WARRANT and an ARREST WARRANT.

My post clearly states that a Search Warrant is to be executed between the hours of 06:00 and 18:00.

The DSS never claimed to get ARREST WARRANT but Search Warrant. To get Arrest warrant you must first satisfy formal invitation to suspect and show that he rebuffed it. DSS NEVER claimed Arrest warrant.

On the Arrest Warrant subject, even when granted, there is precondition for effecting it. this is the reason IGP Arase didn't arrest Saraki even after the arrest Warrant was issued because Saraki cooperated.

I'm done with you man

Section 44 of Mynd44 1st post clearly stated arrest can be made without warrant.

Let us do away with sentiments and emotions and let us get down to the basics. This is a victory for democracy and a watershed in the fight against corruption especially in the judiciary.

It will no more be business as usual. I am sure you have never had a case that a corrupt judge frustrated you before?

3 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Does NJC have the power to arrest and prosecute?
I think so, and that includes sacking.

Is corruption not a crime against the State, Talkless of a Judge being corrupt.
what about forging of certificate and plagiarism? is that not corruption? or is corruption a graft and malfeasant practise that is solely perpetuated by the perceived enemies and opposition parties?

Has NJC ever prosecuted any corrupt judge before in this nation?
I think they may have sacked, but it isn't always news worthy.

Based on SR report of yesternight, DSS reported the judges to NJC. That was the reason some of them were ''merely'' sacked last week.
What of your president that “merely” sacked civil servants over employment racketeering? did you complained about it?

If armed robbers, kidnappers and drug traffickers can be apprehended at any time of the day, a corrupt judge should actually be dragged on the floor at any time of the day.. A corrupt Judge is worse than Lucifer.
same should go for the certificate forger.
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by eph12(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

If criminal and corrupt judges should be invited, then armed robbers, kidnappers, drug dealers must also be invited before being arrested. Are judges above the law or do they have immunity?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander and no crime is greater than the order. A crime is a crime.

Corrupt Judges have been arrested in US by FBI (capital of democracy) and in Ghana.

Condoning corrupt judges in the name of democracy is a rap.e of democracy in itself.
Producing a warrant before an arrest is the norm in a normal society unless the suspect is caught in the act. What you don't understand is that if this act by DSS is not backed by law there can be no case. You're only giving them enough ways to frustrate the trial.
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
blueto:
I think so, and that includes sacking.
what about forging of certificate? is that not corruption? or is corruption a graft and malfeasant practise that is solely perpetuated by the perceived enemies and opposition parties?

I think they may have sacked, but it isn't always news worthy.

What of your president that “merely” sacked civil servants over employment racketeering? did you complained about it?

same should go for the certificate forger.

NJC can only dismiss and discipline. It cannot arrest and prosecute.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by MadamExcellency: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

1. Can you read?
2. Can you understand what you read?

If the answer to these questions is yes,

3. Did you read the OP?

If your answer to 3 is yes,
Please revisit question 2

If your answer to question 3 is no,
What is the point of having 1 and 2?

My friend, stop bringing Nigerians into object of mockery before the international community by this type of comment.

You don't arrest people to seek for evidence rather your evidence is the ground for any arrest.

There is no law enforcement agency in any true democracy in the world that go on arresting known armed robbers without corresponding evidences.

Haven't you been hearing from Europe and America that some terrorists that later planned and carried out heavy murderous attacks were once queried and released because of no or limited evidence? Must you champion the case of dictatorial democracy instead of constitutional democracy on Nigeria because of your support for Buhari?

Some of you make me sick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
anonimi:

It would be useful to also post the source (web site link) of the information you shared.
Thanks.
We should enlighten each other credibly so we all don't perish for lack of knowledge.

http://wwwhttp://www.wipo.int/wipolex/en/text.jsp?file_id=218192

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

Thank God we are getting somewhere.

The question is DID THE DSS GET THE NOD TO SEARCH THE HOUSES BETWEEN THE ODD HOUR OF 1AM? IF YES, DID THEY SHOW SUCH TO THE SUSPECTS? CAN WE GET A COPY OF THE WARRANT?

Like I said, the DSS erred by going to effect search at odd hour of 01:00.
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
eph12:

Producing a warrant before an arrest is the norm in a normal society unless the suspect is caught in the act. What you don't understand is that if this act by DSS is not backed by law there can be no case. You're only giving them enough ways to frustrate the trial.

DSS came with search warrant properly signed and the law clearly states that arrest can be made without an arrest warrant -- section 44.

What is the crime of DSS? They should have invited the corrupt judges into their office to drink milo while discussing the issue abi?

3 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Section 44 of Mynd44 1st post clearly stated arrest can be made without warrant.

Let us do away with sentiments and emotions and let us get down to the basics. This is a victory for democracy and a watershed in the fight against corruption especially in the judiciary.

It will no more be business as usual. I am sure you have never had a case that a corrupt judge frustrated you before?
What we saw was show of absolutism. I am for anti-corruption fight but will never allow anybody to exercise maximum power.

The actions of DSS would have been justified if the alleged offences bothers on National Security or terrorism
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by PassingShot(m): 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The question is DID THE DSS GET THE NOD TO SEARCH THE HOUSES BETWEEN THE ODD HOUR OF 1AM? IF YES, DID THEY SHOW SUCH TO THE SUSPECTS? CAN WE GET A COPY OF THE WARRANT?

Is an arrest warrant still required where a search warrant exists?

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by rusher14: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
blueto:
They should have reported to Judicial Council (NJC), the body saddled with the responsibilities of investigating and sanctioning erring judges. Not invading their homes and extrajudicially apprehending them , this is just an attempt to blackmail and intimidate the Judiciary.

That council holds more authority than the criminal investigation agencies no be so?

That council wouldn't be needing evidence abi?
Let's stop clutching at straws
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
What we saw was show of absolutism. I am for anti-corruption fight but will never allow anybody to exercise maximum power.

The actions of DSS would have been justified if the alleged offences bothers on National Security or terrorism
Lmaooooo.

If you keep proceeds from crime and evidence of crime at home, expect the security agencies to kick your doors in. This is simple

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
PassingShot:

Is a search warrant still required where an arrest warrant exists?
They (DSS) never claimed to have arrest warrant. If they had Wike and the CP Rivers would have been guilty of obstruction.

They only claimed to have got Search Warrant, which is to be executed within defined hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

If the issue of our judges turning to Bureau D'Judge is not a National Security issue, then nothing can be again.

Don't you realise a corrupt judiciary can make the citizens revolt against the State one day, causing anarchy, revolution and even war in the land?

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44 - my respect man

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by MadamExcellency: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What are you trying get from him, is he a member of the squad that arrested the judges?

Every of his comment / defence on this subject is borne out of sycophancy and political patronage and not from in-depth knowledge of what transpired hence your question is adjudged rhetorical.

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

But did you bother to raise these point when you made blanket statements like search warrants can only be effected between working hours alone?

Now to more sensible things, you dont have the status quo to ask the SSS(please stop calling em DSS, it is not constitutional) to show you the warrant seein as you were not the person arrested.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by eph12(m): 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

DSS came with search warrant properly signed and the law clearly states that arrest can be made without an arrest warrant -- section 44.

What is the crime of DSS? They should have invited the corrupt judges into their office to drink milo while discussing the issue abi?
DSS produced warrant for the PH justice? Nobody reported that. The other justice had warrants produced so no complaints.
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Babacele: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
hahahaha your satire caught wailers napping ! many of them are damn illiterate sef!

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
They (DSS) never claimed to have arrest warrant. If they had Wike and the CP Rivers would have been guilty of obstruction.

They only claimed to have got Search Warrant, which is to be executed within defined hours.
The SSS can make arrests without an arrest warrant. If the result of a search brings out illegal objects, you ca be arrested on the spot

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

If the issue of our judges turning to Bureau D'Judge is not a National Security issue, then nothing can be again.

Don't you realise a corrupt judiciary can make the citizens revolt against the State one day, causing anarchy, revolution and even war in the land?
Discipline in the Judiciary is the responsibility of the National Judicial Commission, NJC. They recommend to the FG any appropriate punishment to be taken.

However, if a case of bribery is established, it becomes the responsibility of Police and the ICPC(not DSS) to independently commence investigation/prosecution. DSS have no power to try financial or corrupt crimes except when proceeds of the crime is used to sponsor terrorism or insurgency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by eph12(m): 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

The bolded is kinda funny. You don't realise too that the actions of a ruler can one day cause revolution in the land?
Am not holding brief for those corrupt judges but if you give a learned friend a tiny hole they will exploit it to their full advantage.
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Babacele: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

do you know the meaning of the word 'immunity' which Wike is misusing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don’t Drag Us Into Politics, NNPC Warns Politicians / Port Harcourt City Under Wike- Mr Project- PHOTOS / I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.