Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: (5732 Views)

BREAKING: Misconduct: NJC Fires Two Judges Before Xmas / "If The Judges Should Resign, Buhari Should Also Resign Over WAEC Result" -Video / "Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by modath(f): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is epic.

Is it not absurd that it is the looters and wailers that are castigating DSS. Fayose that slapped a sitting judge in a court room is also talking.

If the our Bureau D'Judges can descend so low to corrupt themselves, DSS should also descend to the lowest level of impunity to bring them to justice.

RUle of Law my foot. Was that considered when money or favours was exchanging hands.

Are Judges above the law?

DO they have immunity?

is there a stipulated time for arrest in the constitution?

Are all security agencies and even citizens not empowered constitutionally to arrest?

Does the constitutional role of DSS not include economic crimes that have affect internal security of Nigeria?

Sentiments, emotions and hatred for PMB is simply the driving force of some people.

Broda mi, jo nitori Edumare ignore the "democrats/due process on steroids bad bellerians!! Fayose own was lowkey nah, who fit forget Ameachi Vs Mbu J Mbu? Like we don develop amnesia and can't remember events just 2yrs+ down the line.

Make them keep hating, a million star can't ever match the shine of a full moon!!

Happy sunday..

4 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Pidggin(f): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
It seems a lot of people do not understand the meaning of democracy
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
modath:

Broda mi, jo nitori Edumare ignore the "democrats/due process on steroids bad bellerians!! Fayose own was lowkey nah, who fit forget Ameachi Vs Mbu J Mbu? Like we don develop amnesia and can't remember events just 2yrs+ down the line.

Make them keep hating, a million star can't ever match the shine of a full moon!!

Happy sunday..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

It's been a while. How you dey?

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu, I understand the need to fight corruption but we have to be careful not to arrogate absolute power to the executive.

Ideally, investigators are to Invite suspects or indictees (without saying the reason for invitation) and when those invited refused to honor the invitation, arrest becomes justified.

Secondly, to search the house of a citizen first requires a Search Warrant. I heard that DSS obtained search warrant (from Newspaper) which I'm not in position to verify or otherwise, but the search warrant are to be executed between the hours of 6am and 6pm according to our laws.

But like I said in one thread, we have to be careful. Anyway, let the legal fireworks begin
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by PRYCE01(m): 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Okay! I hope you read the article...??
Oh hell no... your articles are only good for one thing... To be tossed down the drain! angry
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

You are welcome! Where are your colleagues? grin

All in church praying to God to save us all from this famine ravaging our dear country in the name of change grin grin grin
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
NgeneUkwenu, I understand the need to fight corruption but we have to be careful not to arrogate absolute power to the executive.

Ideally, investigators are to Invite suspects or indictees (without saying the reason for invitation) and when those invited refused to honor the invitation, arrest becomes justified.

Secondly, to search the house of a citizen first requires a Search Warrant. I heard that DSS obtained search warrant (from Newspaper) which I'm not in position to verify or otherwise, but the search warrant are to be executed between the hours of 6am and 6pm according to our laws.

But like I said in one thread, we have to be careful. Anyway, let the legal fireworks begin

If criminal and corrupt judges should be invited, then armed robbers, kidnappers, drug dealers must also be invited before being arrested. Are judges above the law or do they have immunity?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander and no crime is greater than the order. A crime is a crime.

Corrupt Judges have been arrested in US by FBI (capital of democracy) and in Ghana.

Condoning corrupt judges in the name of democracy is a rap.e of democracy in itself.

6 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SharkTank(m): 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
So our solution for fighting corruption is violating human rights and the independence of the judiciary!? Some of these so called nairaland heavyweights are shallow thinkers with mediocre philosophy
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by todayboy: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bugatie:

Your ban is just doing press up

Hahaha

You can't ban the truth
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by PRYCE01(m): 1:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

1. Can you read?
2. Can you understand what you read?

If the answer to these questions is yes,

3. Did you read the OP?

If your answer to 3 is yes,
Please revisit question 2

If your answer to question 3 is no,
What is the point of having 1 and 2?
Oga abeg park well!

I'll never read the OP's articles to save my life!
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Please view the attached picture.

Thanks

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by PRYCE01(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
eph12:

Shows you don't read before commenting.
Shows I'm not interested in reading what this particular OP has to say!
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

If criminal and corrupt judges should be invited, then armed robbers, kidnappers, drug dealers must also be invited before being arrested. Are judges above the law or do they have immunity?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander and no crime is greater than the order. A crime is a crime.

Corrupt Judges have been arrested in US by FBI (capital of democracy) and in Ghana.

Condoning corrupt judges in the name of democracy is a rap.e of democracy in itself.
The attached picture is what folks expected the DSS to have done.

Credits: @omojuwa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by PRYCE01(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Sydney22:
you probably read only the headline .... Ngene is supporting DSS bastardization of rule of law/ due process..
See? I was right! Ain't nothing gon make me read articles from this OP. He's too predictable!!
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Sibrah: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
todayboy:
Why not use same method on patience Jonathan

Why not use same method on saraki

Why not use same method on buratai

Why only southern judges all northern judges are saint
Another intellectually battered youth.

6 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is epic.

Is it not absurd that it is the looters and wailers that are castigating DSS. Fayose that slapped a sitting judge in a court room is also talking.

If our Bureau D'Judges can descend so low to corrupt themselves, DSS should also descend to the lowest level of impunity to bring them to justice.

RUle of Law my foot. Was that considered when money or favours was exchanging hands.

Are Judges above the law?

DO they have immunity?

is there a stipulated time for arrest in the constitution?

Are all security agencies and even citizens not empowered constitutionally to arrest?

Does the constitutional role of DSS not include economic crimes that have affect internal security of Nigeria?

Sentiments, emotions and hatred for PMB is simply the driving force of some people.
Mynd44:
In an operation where you suspect that the suspects has some evidence in their possession, a surprise arrest is best. It makes no sense to invite and give room for the suspects to destroy the evidence.
If you are suspected of having bribe money in your possesion, your doors will be broken in when you least expect as long as the security agency has a warrant.
Imagine the NDLEA inviting drug barons to their office because they suspect that they are in possesion of ilkicit drugs and money from the proceeds of illicit drugs.
They should have reported to Judicial Council (NJC), the body saddled with the responsibilities of investigating and sanctioning erring judges. Not invading their homes and extrajudicially apprehending them , this is just an attempt to blackmail and intimidate the Judiciary.
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
PRYCE01:
Oga abeg park well!

I'll never read the OP's articles to save my life!
You just admitted to interlectual laziness but then again…………Kermit

8 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by modath(f): 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

Thanks

You beat me to it!! Tonye can say things wey nor get leg ehn!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
blueto:
They should have reported to Judicial Council (NJC), the body saddled with the responsibilities of investigating and sanctioning erring judges. Not invading there homes their homes and extrajudicially apprehending them , this is just an attempt to blackmail and intimidate the Judiciary.
I guess you mised where the SSS said they had already reported the judges to the NJC and the actions were dissatisfactory. You have not pointed out the illegality in the actions of the DSS instead you are allowing your emotions run.

Please argue objectively

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
blueto:
They should have reported to Judicial Council (NJC), the body saddled with the responsibilities of investigating and sanctioning erring judges. Not invading there homes their homes and extrajudicially apprehending them , this is just an attempt to blackmail and intimidate the Judiciary.
Does NJC have the power to arrest and prosecute?

Is corruption not a crime against the State, Talkless of a Judge being corrupt.

Has NJC ever prosecuted any corrupt judge before in this nation?

Based on SR report of yesternight, DSS reported the judges to NJC. That was the reason some of them were ''merely'' sacked last week.

If armed robbers, kidnappers and drug traffickers can be apprehended at any time of the day, a corrupt judge should actually be dragged on the floor at any time of the day.. A corrupt Judge is worse than Lucifer.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

Thanks
Did you see subsection 3 that mandates "invitation" FIRST before executing warrant of arrest?

BTW I made mention of SEARCH WARRANT not Arrest Warrant.

From the report, DSS claimed they have SEARCH WARRANT not Arrest Warrant. Both are different...
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
modath:

You beat me to it!! Tonye can say things wey nor get leg ehn!! cheesy
It is weird that people dont get the facts before putting out their thoughts.

I can bet Tonyebarcanista got that logic from that awfully crafted lie that a warant can only be acted upon between the hours of 6am and 6pm.

Our yoots though……

2 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by PRYCE01(m): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

You just admitted to interlectual laziness but then again…………Kermit
Hen... if I insult you now, you go wan ban me. No dey tempt me abeg!

Just stay your lane!
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by todayboy: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Sibrah:
Another intellectually battered youth.

Another confused adult who believed every junks from the dictator

Economy is biting clown President is chasing judges

Confused adults believing propaganda
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by eph12(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
PRYCE01:
Shows I'm not interested in reading what this particular OP has to say!
The saying "never judge a book by its cover" familiar? Never assume you know what the news is saying by reading only the headlines

3 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by doctokwus: 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
modath:

Happy sunday..

The danger many supporters of pmb fall into is that one can back him on the anticorruption fight today and the very next month,these same judges being accused get all charges dropped and they continue sitting and enjoying their loot.
It's only a fool that wudnt know that almost all judges at each level that av sat over election cases are at least multimillionaires and some billionaires and that they got their wealth thru bought court judgements.
Does it also take rocket science to know someone like Wike who had himself admitted to visiting the CJN did so to find ways of bribing?
Judicial cleansing was one of the govt arms many expected PMB to have started his fight on;but the old man lost valuable time doing nothing and what happened?The judges became more emboldened and carefree in their ruling for hire biz.Bizzarre,contradictory and 24hr case filing,hearing and even typed,reproduced judgements,started flying up and down.
I hope this one is for real and that the Fulani man won't raise our hopes,only to dash it,wen we all queue up behind him again in this most needed fight.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Mynd44: 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Did you see subsection 3 that mandates "invitation" FIRST before executing warrant of arrest?
Where did you see the word "invitation" in subsection 3?

The provisions there clearly said that the warrant is to be shown and that was talking about DURING the arrest or search is being done and NOT before.

Please we are reading the same thing here

6 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

From the report, DSS claimed they have SEARCH WARRANT not Arrest Warrant. Both are different...

I am sure you deliberately avoided section 44. TOnye, you are more brilliant than this abeg.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by 989900: 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
SaharaReporters has learnt from sources at the Department of State Security (DSS) that the overnight raid on the residences of some nine court judges, culminating in the arrest of several of them, came as a result of petitions and decisions of the National Judicial Council (NJC), a statutory body that regulates the activities of judges.

However, two Supreme Court justices, John Inyang Okoro and Sylvanus Ngwuta, w[b]ere arrested in connection with the receipt of bribes from Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State[/b]. Justice Ngwuta reportedly traveled to Qatar to receive bribes that he shared with Justice Okoro and other justices in order to help Mr. Wike to win a case at the Supreme Court regarding his disputed election. During a search of his home Justice Ngwunta was in possession of N35,208m, $319,475, 25,890 pounds and 280 Euros

The two judges have been linked with massive properties development in Abuja and Calabar. Justice Okoro is said to be building seven houses simultaneously in Calabar with the help of former Governor Godswill Akpabio and his predecessor Udom Emmanuel in Akwa Ibom state. Justice Okoro had N4.35m, $38,833 and 1000 Euros in his possession during his arrest this morning.

One of the most dramatic scenes took place when the DSS team stormed the home of Justice Adeniyi Ademola. When the team ordered Justice Ademola to come out, the judge claimed he was not home, but his cellphone signal gave him away. He was subsequently arrested with at least N300 million found in different local and foreign currencies in his bedroom. Specifically the same of N54m cash, $171,779. 4,400 Euros, 1,010 Rupees, and 80 pounds was found in his residence.

A different team also arrested Justice Kabiru Auta in Kano.

One DSS source told our reporter that the raids were meant to be carried out by joint DSS and the Nigerian police teams, adding that the police bungled some of the raids by apparently tipping off their targets.[/b]

Several security agents stated that the raids took place following independent investigations that were triggered by petitions submitted to the NJC against some of the judges. According to one of the operatives, [b]none of the nine judges targeted haven't spent their salaries in the last two years.

1 Like

Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by todayboy: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Why are you confusing yourself

They also arrest the judges
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

I guess you mised where the SSS said they had already reported the judges to the NJC and the actions were dissatisfactory. You have not pointed out the illegality in the actions of the DSS instead you are allowing your emotions run.

Please argue objectively
How many of Nigerian Judges totally eschew bribes? Why target a selected few, just like how they target mainly opposition parties?

I think you are the one that ought to argue objectively?
Re: DSS Was Wrong, They Should Have Written The Judges Before Arrest: by SuperS1Panther: 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44:

The attached picture is what folks expected the DSS to have done.

Credits: @omojuwa

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Omojuwa don craze.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbos Taught Niger Delta A Bitter Lesson With PIB / These Pictures Made Me Know That Nnamdi Kanu Is The Most Loved Igbo Man Alive / Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.