Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry (412 Views)

Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" / My Best Friend Is Crazy About TB Joshua, Advise Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry by rectitude(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
As shared on www.fixmeblog.com

Dear fixmeblog,
Please i need some advice because i have been praying about this but i am yet to come up with a final decision
There’s this friend of mine who is planning to go into ministry, we were roommate back in school, we stayed together three years until our graduation and he used to joke about becoming a pastor after school and we both used to laugh about it.

But as life would have it, we graduated years ago, (three years and counting) and this my friend has not applied for any job. I got a teaching job through the help of my uncle, that’s what i have been doing for a year plus.
Now this friend of mine is planning to open his own church and he wants me to quit my job and join him. i have tried discouraging him about it but he is resolute about it, he keeps saying he has been called to be a pastor, he reminds me of those days in school when he used to tell me about it. three months ago a man who has promised to support him gave him part of his land to start the church.

The thing is becoming real and Somehow am beginning to believe him, i am planning on quitting my job so that i can work for God because i am like the only one he shares everything with, we are more like brothers and i don’t want to let him down. But sometimes it feels as though am going into it blindly. i have spoken to my parents about it my mum is in support but my dad is totally against it.

I cannot even concentrate on my job anymore as my mind is no longer there…
I decided to share it here so that i can have an outside view of it. this is a serious issue that concerns my life so i need your advice please.

Source:

http://www.fixmeblog.com/friend-asking-quit-job/
Re: My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry by bana91(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
cool
Re: My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry by TreasuredLeidy(f): 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
quit ur Job 4 what? let him do his work n u do urs. u can still maintain ur friendship dat way..

God Neva called u, so why d fuss? r u sure God even called him? Yes or No, just leave his ministering job 4 him alone..

nor let person put sand sand 4 ur garri
Re: My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry by Allwility: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
Is it God that's calling you to ministry or your friend? Listen to your father.
Re: My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry by EyeofHorus: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
cry Chei!
Re: My Friend Is Asking Me To Quit My Job For Ministry by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
"And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream." (Numbers 12:6).

God is the only one that call people into full time ministry.

(1) (Reply)

Part 2 Of My Survey / TB Joshua Splashes N10m ($33,000) On Nigerian Deportees From Libya / Its The Halloween Weekend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.