Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos (52569 Views)

South African Investors Arrive Owerri After Jacob Zuma Was Honored By Okorocha / Flood Displaces Residents In Owerri After 12-Hour Rain (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And His Supporters At Douglas Road, Ekeonunwa Market Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Blue3k(m): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Govenor cockroach needs to go. Your politicians also issue they refused to impeach him dispite him trying to punish the citezens in state for beating him in court. The politicans won cool points by simply cleaning trash. A move that only cost a few 1 million naira at most.

The sad part of all this is that none of you could get up and clean it. How much does a bull dose and dump cost to rent. The lack of backbones allowed this guy to bully you. Alot of you pathetic worms defended the govenors actions. Now you guys are silently enjoying the clean environment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Okorocha is just useless and hopeless

How can you talk like this about THE true Igbo leader. grin
The ONLY one who has shaken Obama's hand? grin grin
And bought a N600 million Chrsitmas tree to celebrate it. grin grin grin
Nna, bros, abeg take ya time oh. cheesy cheesy

[img]http://2.bp..com/-UCh61UNLO00/VnwpaaXvAvI/AAAAAAAABEo/sfeMbEdgFPo/s640/christmas%2Btree.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1GA26UpwNoM/Vbudl41mdfI/AAAAAAAGE_c/ZORJvIMKkMk/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by ricson11(m): 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
I hereby declare PDP as the winner of imo state gubernatorial election come 2019

4 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by africanusvu(m): 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
Frankly.the worse mistake this okorocha guy ever made politicaly is being a governor this time.this is a guy regarded by ndi igbo and imo peple in paticular as a messiah.as nest Ojukwu.highly lovd and worshipd.and an igbo project 4 igbo presidency.bt he failed them.he is the most hated igbo politician alive today.and cant get bakthat lov eva AGAIN

3 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
brainpulse:
Attention seekers

You mean the useless okoroawusa who abandoned refuse on the streets of his state roads while donating money to his slave masters up north, right

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3348157_okoroawusa_jpeg_jpeg20f77f84b74b9ddec419c7a5e98830d3

WHOcarex:
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, was in Adamawa to inspect the plot of land allocated to him by the State Government to build a secondary school for the internally displaced children.

“This is a clarion call to all Nigerians now to think about the displaced persons in our society and those who are disadvantaged from going to school.

“Most great men of the world are people from poor homes and nations that have neglected their poor ones are nations not willing to grow because there are more wisdom in the families that do not have than the families that have plenty.

“Let us not forget these poor ones because we do not know who is going to find solution to HIV, the hunger in the world or who is going to redeem Africa,” he said.

While Governor Okorocha plans to build a school for the children and the less privileged in the state, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has also donated drugs to the IDPs in Yola.

The agency’s representative explained that they were aware of the possibility of health challenges setting in at the camps and felt that it was important to make such precautionary move.

Both governors of Imo and Adamawa have asked other Nigerians to assist in rebuilding the state.

According to the Internally Displaced Monitoring Centre, Nigeria has the highest number of Internally Displaced Persons in Africa, totaling about 3.3 million.

Over 2.3 million have been displaced in the northeast, including over 1.4 million children.

Source: Channelstv

4 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by nkemjacob2(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
my people, my people. My governor, my governor
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Teewhy2:
The say cleanliness is next to holiness, am disappointed in the government of the state, how will a father say because his child didn't do his will, he will allow the child to live in a dumb site.

Let me point out that refuse collection is the work of the LGAs.
All the state agencies doing this work are doing so because of the IDLENESS of the governors and our own nonchalance about what goes on in the LGAs.

CONSTITUTION OF THE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Fourth Schedule
Functions of a Local Government Council

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:

(a) the consideration and the making of recommendations to a State commission on economic planning or any similar body on -
(i) the economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the areas of authority of the council and of the State are affected, and
(ii) proposals made by the said commission or body;
(b) collection of rates, radio and television licences;
(c) establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;
(d) licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;
(e) establishment, maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public conveniences;
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;
(i) registration of all births, deaths and marriages;

(j) assessment of privately owned houses or tenements for the purpose of levying such rates as may be prescribed by the House of Assembly of a State; and

(k) control and regulation of -

(i) out-door advertising and hoarding,
(ii) movement and keeping of pets of all description,
(iii) shops and kiosks,
(iv) restaurants, bakeries and other places for sale of food to the public,
(v) laundries, and
(vi) licensing, regulation and control of the sale of liquor.

2. The functions of a local government council shall include participation of such council in the Government of a State as respects the following matters -

the provision and maintenance of primary, adult and vocational education;
(b) the development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of materials
(c) the provision and maintenance of health services; and
(d) such other functions as may be conferred on a local government council by the House of Assembly of the State.

Source: http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/documents/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

3 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by NairaMaster1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
And to think some social urchins were supporting the dirt accumulation.

A beg, relocation or no relocation, should the govt allow dirt to accumulate in a city? If a tourist enters your state, do you have to start explaining why there is dirt somewhere?

I think okorocha and his supporters are too myopic. Are they even humans?

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
omooba969:
I will rather blame the citizenry who turned a public place to a dumping site.

Dirty m0rons! cool

As for APC & PDP, keep fooling gullible Nigerians ok...continue.

Before you start blaming the public anyhow, please tell us what arrangements the LGA made to collect the refuse in a particular place or the bins that the LGA provided for this purpose.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

3 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
demolinka:
Hope they also provided waste bins for prevent further dumping

Which "they" do you mean
Who is RESPONSIBLE for providing the waste bins to the people who pay taxes to the government?

menix:
I hope they will continue this good deed cous the dumpsite would certainly return...

Which "they" do you mean
Who is RESPONSIBLE for providing the dumpsite to the people who pay taxes to the government?

3 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
This issue shows every elected politician has no care for indigenes. If both the ruling party and opposition needed a show of shame before jumping into action it signifies we Nigerians are alone to govern ourselves.
A government is not one individual and is meant to work like a well oiled machine. As such the excuse of getting back at the people is not one to take lightly. Rochas is still yet to provide his people electricity as I hear Owerri central is still in darkness for months on end. Anyway, what's my own, people elect leaders they deserve. If the people are happy with him in power then who am I to complain.

4 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by HouseT: 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
With all due respect...i am disappointed in all the eastern governors...their is no any improvement since I went to east in 2004.

1 Like

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Splashme: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
decatalyst:
Of course, the BROOM can not do this, nah caterpillar fit do am cheesy grin grin
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Kenai: 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
anonimi:

Before you start blaming the public anyhow, please tell us what arrangements the LGA made to collect the refuse in a particular place or the bins that the LGA provided for this purpose.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

Local Government structures don't exist in Imo State anymore, as Rochas dissolved all the offices of the Local Government chairmen and councillors the second he became governor in 2011.
He has refused to conduct elections ever since, and has concentrated all powers to his office, concurrently diverting all LG funds and allocations directly to his table for quick looting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by ocelot2006(m): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
mmsen:

Public health shouldn't be politicized.

Tell that to Okorocha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
Kenai:
Local Government structures don't exist in Imo State anymore, as Rochas dissolved all the offices of the Local Government chairmen and councillors the second he became governor in 2011.
He has refused to conduct elections ever since, and has concentrated all powers to his office, concurrently diverting all LG funds and allocations directly to his table for quick looting.

I imagine that is the case and is not different from the other 35 states.
That is where the PEOPLE come in to put pressure on these leaders looters to do the right thing of conducting transparent elections at the LGAs regularly instead of praising, adoring and hailing them anyhow for some paparazzi photos of driving each other on roads that they have not maintained.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Afam4eva(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
I just left Owerri a few days ago and you needed to be in Owerri to understand how bad Douglas road was with the heap of refuse couples with the bad roads.

My issue with Rochas and the Imo state government is not even just about the refuse dump because every state capital can boast of their own fair share of dirt. What pissed me off was the response of the government. it just goes to show that Rochas sees himself as a god rather than a servant of the people. How can a sitting governor state that the reason he hasn't cleared the dump was to punish the people of Owerri. Couldn't he have lied like other politicians? Do people like Rochas think they will be relevant in the political circles forever. Why would a politician kick himself in the foot with such statement riddles with quantum idiocy.

PDP is beginning to think like PRE-Election APC. They took advantage of Rochas's lapses and have definitely scored a point on this one. The next election in Imo state will be interesting.

cc: Abagworo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Teewhy2: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
anonimi:

Let me point out that refuse collection is the work of the LGAs.
All the state agencies doing this work are doing so because of the IDLENESS of the governors and our own nonchalance about what goes on in the LGAs.

Government of the day isn't referring to the state government alone, it involves the local government as well
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Austino50: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
was that the right place to dump refuse haba.....I built road that pdp did not build during their time and yet those I built the road for turned it to refuse site..bad people, let them go ahead again and dump refuse there again and wait for pdp to come cleanup road they never built, they will continue to be on their own, no time for rubbish
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Teewhy2:
Government of the day isn't referring to the state government alone, it involves the local government as well

Did you forget what you posted yourself or you want to change your mind now? cheesy

Teewhy2:
The say cleanliness is next to holiness, am disappointed in the government of the state, how will a father say because his child didn't do his will, he will allow the child to live in a dumb site.

3 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by lereinter(m): 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
i dont expect less from opposition
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by anonimi: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Afam4eva:
I just left Owerri a few days ago and you needed to be in Owerri to understand how bad Douglas road was with the heap of refuse couples with the bad roads.

My issue with Rochas and the Imo state government is not even just about the refuse dump because every state capital can boast of their own fair share of dirt. What pissed me off was the response of the government. it just goes to show that Rochas sees himself as a god rather than a servant of the people. How can a sitting governor state that the reason he hasn't cleared the dump was to punish the people of Owerri. Couldn't he have lied like other politicians? Do people like Rochas think they will be relevant in the political circles forever.

Since most of us are 200 million mumus praising the governors for doing a FRACTION of the work that should normally be done by LGAs that we have allowed them to make non-existent, why would he and the 35 others not behave like tin gods

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

EkoIle1:
Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1177528_dd_jpg282492895e43f9ef8ff9620ef400b2ef

3 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by diegwu01: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
A good move by the PDP in Imo State, but how could they claim they used N3.1 Billion to clear the refuse
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by makazona(m): 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Rochas and his political associates/advisers never saw this move from the PDP coming.

Honestly

2 Likes

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by back2sender: 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
And to think some social urchins were supporting the dirt accumulation.

A beg, relocation or no relocation, should the govt allow dirt to accumulate in a city? If a tourist enters your state, do you have to start explaining why there is dirt somewhere?

I think okorocha and his supporters are too myopic. Are they even humans?
Who throway the dorty there? Is it not the same traders!
Leave them with thier dorty jare Rochas
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by back2sender: 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
anonimi:

Since most of us are 200 million mumus praising the governors for doing a FRACTION of the work that should normally be done by LGAs that we have allowed them to make non-existent, why would he and the 35 others not behave like tin gods

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

GEJ WAS A DISASTER AND A DISGRACE TO NIGERIA.
STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by deltateam: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
I wish OkoroAwusa had mobilised his thugs to stop them. That would have been world war 3.

1 Like

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Blue3k(m): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
diegwu01:
A good move by the PDP in Imo State, but how could they claim they used N3.1 Billion to clear the refuse

Only a mumu would believe that figure. What does it cost to rent a bulldozer and a dumpster. This whole thing is no more than 1 million naira. A dumpster in America $500-$1000 with bulldozer rental 600-800 a day. Factor in cost of operator assuming days job he makes 2000 dollars. It's doesn't come out to 5000 dollars. I don't know what fee police took to close traffic let's throw out 1000 dollars.

Point is that billion naira number is lie from Satan himself.
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by shegsrules(m): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
The federal lawmaker who ordered for the clean-up is he from that constituency, are there no state assembly members from that constituency, as okorocha refuse to do clean-up them no go do. Mind you is people who drop those dirts there and not spirits. Just shows how dirty some people can be and also how the I don't care attitude is dealing with this us as a country.
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Charly68: 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Will PDP help to evacuate the dirths in the next one month? Okotocha must have been very angry with the people

1 Like

Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by keynesstreet2: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
konklud22:
PDP just scored a political point
Dasuki gate money Jonathan sent there never finish... let them (pdp) spend from it..
Re: Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos by Unimaginable123: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
anonimi:

How can you talk like this about THE true Igbo leader. grin
The ONLY one who has shaken Obama's hand? grin grin
And bought a N600 million Chrsitmas tree to celebrate it. grin grin grin
Nna, bros, abeg take ya time oh. cheesy cheesy

[img]http://2.bp..com/-UCh61UNLO00/VnwpaaXvAvI/AAAAAAAABEo/sfeMbEdgFPo/s640/christmas%2Btree.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-1GA26UpwNoM/Vbudl41mdfI/AAAAAAAGE_c/ZORJvIMKkMk/s1600/2.jpg[/img]
very funny. That con man has turned my dear good state to a comedy club

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku, Ekweremadu, Akpabio Protest Against Buhari: "Buhari Stop The Killngs" / Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million / Atiku Wins Gombe, Sweeps All 11 LGAss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.