Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,386 members, 7,864,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna (32386 Views)

Tension As Soldiers Surround Nnamdi Kanu’s Home, Invade NUJ Office / NURTW Crowd That Surround Governor Ajimobi Today / ***show Us El Zakzaky Dead Or Alive Within One Week Or Face Terror- Shi’a Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by omobaba101(m): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
I am a Christian and not a supporter of Shia; however, I like to have lawyers' opinions if a state governor has the right to outlaw a religious group. Is it not against the constitutional right of freedom to associate and practice religion? Can a state law overrule constitution? What about if the same governor outlaw some Christian denominations tomorrow? Just thinking? I will suggest that all Nigerians should voice out against illegality, even if you will gain from it today!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Drsheddy(m): 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
dedons:
Buhari and destruction are like...

abeg who get that our pix?

I get

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Jalinco: 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
@OP, Buhari is gradually christianising Nigeria. MAN and Imams should challenge him. LOVL

Imagine if it were to be a church or denomination this is happening, what will be the reaction from our people from Yeast and Shout Shout?
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jalinco:
@OP, Buhari is gradually christianising Nigeria. MAN and Imams should challenge him. LOVL

Imagine if it were to be a church or denomination this is happening, what will be the reaction from our people from Yeast and Shout Shout?

Ah you already know. Na both media and physical protest sure pass. That is if, they did not kill Muslims in the yeast.
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by cooljude(m): 12:33am On Oct 12, 2016
mengho:
why do Shia brothers like trouble, make dem chill, they keep breaking the law & expect us to sympathize with them.

oh well, I hope they don't provoke the soldiers, cause buratai is good at dealing with enemies of d state

Firstly, I think Religion would continue to destroy Humanity. but let's keep that topic aside for now. The treatment of Shias in Nigeria is not an isolated case, its part of a broader Sunni conspiracy to decimate Shia practising groups all across the world. Look at Yemen, Syria, etc. I know you probably are a practising Sunni but if they had to ban you from ever worshipping, how would you feel. I feel Kaduna state government should be trialled at the Hague for depriving some Nigerians from the most basic fundamental human rights.

Left to me, I would say we would have been better if we can metamorphose into a society were we respect individuals for who they are and try to bring out the best in each other instead of clinging on to different deities that would not help the next person to you.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by vanunu: 12:49am On Oct 12, 2016
The kahuna midget is a big fool, he is trying to do something that is impossible.
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nasman(m): 1:19am On Oct 12, 2016
drss:
those of u who tink nigerian army is not a sunni islamic group, here is ur prove. even d nigerian army "coat of arm" is a sunni islamic symbol.
There is no such things like Sunni or Shia Islam. There's only one Islam. However, we have Sunni Muslims,Shia Muslim, Sufi Muslims, Salaf Muslims. Do your Muslims to judge Islam. Go and make a research, the truth shall set you free
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by flamingREED(m): 1:35am On Oct 12, 2016
austin2all:
stupid religions

Exclude Christianity.
cheesy

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by learnedman(m): 1:56am On Oct 12, 2016
drss:
those of u who tink nigerian army is not a sunni islamic group, here is ur prove. even d nigerian army "coat of arm" is a sunni islamic symbol.
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by thunder74(m): 2:13am On Oct 12, 2016
SSkillzzz:
sensing Deja vu....this is exactly happened before boko haram started their armed struggle... Nigerian govt and military never learns....
....and later blamed Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 12, 2016
mengho:
why do Shia brothers like trouble, make dem chill, they keep breaking the law & expect us to sympathize with them.

oh well, I hope they don't provoke the soldiers, cause buratai is good at dealing with enemies of d state
So worshipping is now breaking the law... smh

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 12, 2016
davidque007:

You are speaking out of share ignorance. You have no idea who this Shiites are and the level of violence they are able to cause. I grew up in Kaduna and hv escaped death several times because of the actions of this sect. Even other Muslims fear them. They answer only to El zakzaki their leader, not even the President can control them. Elrufai is just being cautious, they are the reason he wanted the religious bill to be passed
Telk us what they did thay the sunnis have not done. You talk of ignorance yet you sound pretty ignorant yourself. I have asked time and time again tell me one church Shiite members burnt or a time shiites went slaughtering christians
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:36am On Oct 12, 2016
cooljude:

Firstly, I think Religion would continue to destroy Humanity. but let's keep that topic aside for now. The treatment of Shias in Nigeria is not an isolated case, its part of a broader Sunni conspiracy to decimate Shia practising groups all across the world. Look at Yemen, Syria, etc. I know you probably are a practising Sunni but if they had to ban you from ever worshipping, how would you feel. I feel Kaduna state government should be trialled at the Hague for depriving some Nigerians from the most basic fundamental human rights.

Left to me, I would say we would have been better if we can metamorphose into a society were we respect individuals for who they are and try to bring out the best in each other instead of clinging on to different deities that would not help the next person to you.
Well said bro.. well said
when they say Nigeria is backward these same people start barking.
I wonder what developed society will have a government behave like this
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by BetaThings: 4:51am On Oct 12, 2016
cooljude:

The treatment of Shias in Nigeria is not an isolated case, its part of a broader Sunni conspiracy to decimate Shia practising groups all across the world. Look at Yemen, Syria, etc. I know you probably are a practising Sunni but if they had to ban you from ever worshipping, how would you feel. I feel Kaduna state government should be trialled at the Hague for depriving some Nigerians from the most basic fundamental human rights.

Generally most people speak out of ignorance
How do Shias treat Sunnis in Iraq and Iran?

Shias are very vicious. They have terrorists that confront the legitimate government everywhere they get a foothold
Hezbollah is more powerful than the official Lebanese Army
The Houthis confront the official Yemeni Army and two days ago fired missiles at an American warship that was in international waters
The militants loyal to Iran can ensure that the Iraqi government does not function
The Shias started suicide bombing in the Muslim world. This is an indisputable fact

Keep supporting the shias and you will see that happen in Nigeria
This is the official report on the Dec 2015 clash between the Shias and the Nigerian Army
We already know about the impunity and viciousness of the Nigerian Army but the Shias want to constitute themselves into something more sinister
Do you want to have two cruel organisations in Nigeria?

This is the report of the clash between the soldiers and the Shias
http://kdsg.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Report-of-the-Judicial-Commission-of-Inquiry-into-the-Zaria-Clashes1.pdf
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by BetaThings: 4:55am On Oct 12, 2016
Babzilla:

Telk us what they did thay the sunnis have not done. You talk of ignorance yet you sound pretty ignorant yourself. I have asked time and time again tell me one church Shiite members burnt or a time shiites went slaughtering christians

Sunnis have their crazies but they are in the minority
Shias are controlled centrally and answer to Iran
They bid their time until they have the number
Were they confronting Police and Army in the early 80s?

They control everyone in Lebanon because they have grown big
a 2 ft python will not attack an adult human but the one that is 15ft long will

Read the report of their lawlessness and you will see that it is a matter of time before they "put Christians in their place"
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Onyocha: 5:22am On Oct 12, 2016
BetaThings:

Read the report of their lawlessness and you will see that it is a matter of time before they "put Christians in their place"

Oga, you are lying. Stop your scaremongering!

In Lebanon, the hezbollah you're using to scare us with are ALLIED to the largest Christian bloc in the Lebanese parliament, the Free Patriotic Movement which is led by Michel Aoun, a retired Christian army chief who is contesting for president with support of hezbollah and opposed by the largest Sunni party of Hariri. In fact, Christians in Lebanon lend support from the Shia Lebanese to ward off the threat of Sunni domination. And still, while you scare us of the Shia, you forget to tell us what Sunnis have done in those countries. Should that be used to ban Sunni groups, like NASFAT, Izala etc. in Nigeria? Is collective punishment part of your religion? Which God do you worship? So the right to freedom of religion is selective!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by shuggah(m): 5:36am On Oct 12, 2016
TPAND:
What happened to the freedom of Religion Bill. In christainity there are lots of pastors preaching heresies, no one stops them from going about their business.

Islamic friends why are you guys against the shiites.

#Freedomofreligion is my constitutional and fundamental human right
hav u eva heard of a Catholic killing a Pentecostal because of denominational differences??

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Wizzyblack3(m): 6:18am On Oct 12, 2016
NaijaMutant:
The constitution has been suspended after it was used to swear in the bigoted dullard.

Does Nigeria look like a constitutionally governed nation?
Not a single bit ma'am.
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by TerrorSquad147: 6:34am On Oct 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Not only international condemnation. Let it attract the entire 9 planets condemnations. No Nigerian is above the law of the land.
says a sunni terrorist angry
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by TerrorSquad147: 6:42am On Oct 12, 2016
Jalinco:

lemme check

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by hardbody: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2016
djWALE:
Nairalanders pls pray for me,i nid my admission this year..Irep uniben

You need admission but you rep uniben . Is the admission for a postgraduate degree? You see why God finds it difficult to answer some prayers? You are even confused about your admission status and what you actually want
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2016
BetaThings:

In case you havent noticed anyone who becomes a majority wants to control everything .. same here in Nigeria... Is that not why northerners feel they are entitled to everything .. but that is another gist
I beg to disagree the sunnis in Nigeria are the majority and they are the most violent. I have lived in several parts of the north and I havent seen the shiites go about attacking christians burning churches and slaughtering christians... apart from blocking major highways, then a few skirmishes.. but are there no other ways to curtail their excesses?
In fact when boko haram started when their targets where mainly police stations and churches I remember comments I heard in buses and several areas sunnis applauding their moves. they only became bad when the violence came back full circle

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 12, 2016
BetaThings:

Shias are very vicious. They have terrorists that confront the legitimate government everywhere they get a foothold
The Houthis confront the official Yemeni Army and two days ago fired missiles at an American warship that was in international waters
The militants loyal to Iran can ensure that the Iraqi government does not function
The Shias started suicide bombing in the Muslim world. This is an indisputable fact

This is the official report on the Dec 2015 clash between the Shias and the Nigerian Army
We already know about the impunity and viciousness of the Nigerian Army but the Shias want to constitute themselves into something more sinister

http://kdsg.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Report-of-the-Judicial-Commission-of-Inquiry-into-the-Zaria-Clashes1.pdf
Oga you are talking of Shiites in a crazy and hostile territory. There is not one sect there Shiite,Sunni, christians or jews that have not committed acts of violence. Lets talk here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by John902(m): 8:22am On Oct 12, 2016
drss:
look at the Islamic words written on the Nigerian Army logo...shame to Nigerian at large

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by drss(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2016
John902:
look at the Islamic words written on the Nigerian Army logo...shame to Nigerian at large
ur head dey dia. notice d star n d arabic insgnia clear islamic symbols. yet some mumus tink dis con3 is not a fraud.

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2016
John902:

It's not an Islamic word rather an Arabic sentence.

"Victory is from God." That is the meaning.
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by djWALE(m): 8:41am On Oct 12, 2016
hardbody:

You need admission but you rep uniben . Is the admission for a postgraduate degree? You see why God finds it difficult to answer some prayers? You are even confused about your admission status and what you actually want
if u cnt wish me well..pls shut up,dont try to create any scene...God undastands me
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by cooljude(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2016
BetaThings:

Lol. With all due respect, Houthi's shot at a US warship, have you heard of false flag before? so you don't know that the news was manufactured in other to cover the genocide committed by Saudi led coalition (bombing a burial ceremony). Hezbollah to me is not even a conventional terrorist group, their main aim is to challenge Israel which I denounce outrightly but compare them to Sunni/Wahhabi extremist like IS, Bokoharam, Al shabab, Alqaeda and the difference in terror rating is clear.

My final statement goes as this, for a religion that preaches peace, it is ironic that the two major sect has always been at full blown war and it won't end anytime soon. From history till now you guys still keep attacking them.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by TPAND(f): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2016
symbianDON:

how do Christians come in now? el rufai is a muslim as well as buhari as well as buratai.....so where exactly do Christians come in if muslims choose to persecute each other?

Damn! Use your head or stick with your symbian phone. Please
Re: Soldiers Surround Shi’a Gathering In Kaduna by hardbody: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2016
djWALE:
if u cnt wish me well..pls shut up,dont try to create any scene...God undastands me

I hope He does because I don't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Notes Redesign: Central Bank Orders Commercial Banks To Work On Saturdays / Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR / Syndicate Smuggling Fish For Boko Haram Terrorists In Borno Caught By Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.