Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria (10651 Views)

Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index / ‎FG Loses $198.7m To Oil Swap, OPA – NEITI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
The United States Government has announced the sum of $92.73m in developmental assistance to support the five-year $2.3bn agreement signed with the Federal Government in 2015.

The U.S. Embassy in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja said that the amount was being provided through the U.S. Agency for International Development.

The embassy explained that the money brought the total of development assistance provided in the agreement to $474.74m.

He said, “This funding will continue to help Nigeria reduce extreme poverty in a more stable, democratic society.

“Activities will stimulate inclusive economic growth, promote a healthier, more educated population, and strengthen good governance.”

It quoted the USAID Mission Director, Michael Harvey as expressing the confidence that the funding would have positive impact on Nigerians.

It said, “Today we are pleased to contribute additional funding in support of the agreement signed with the Nigerian Government in 2015.

“With their leadership we know this funding will have a significant impact on the well-being of Nigerians.”

The statement also said that said USAID had collaborated with the Federal ministries of Budget and National Planning, Health, Agriculture, Power, and Education in an effort to align Nigeria’s development plans with sector-specific strategies.

The statement said that USAID also collaborated with state-level government counterparts to structure the agreement, which was in place until 2020.

It said, “In addition to the developmental funding, the U.S. provides humanitarian assistance to people affected by the ongoing conflict and severe food insecurity in Nigeria and throughout the Lake Chad Basin.

“Since fiscal year 2015, the U.S. has provided more than 366 million dollars in humanitarian assistance and continues to be the single largest bilateral humanitarian donor to the region.”

http://punchng.com/u-s-provides-92-7bn-reduce-poverty-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
Where is the $2.3bn that was initially disbursed to Buhari to help eradicate poverty? This govt have secured abundant grants, and we hear of govt injecting billions and trillions into the economy without any visible impacts, this goes to concretize the notion that clandestine and copious defalcations of funds are going on in this govt.

I have said it, and I will like to iterate, the problem is not “lack of funds” but lack of dexterous, disciplined and qualified individuals in the govt.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
They Should Kuku Sell Nigeria Give Me My Own Share Makai Go Squander Am For Congo Brazzaville..

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by zico530(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ok
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
Kudos to the US Government

But I hope this cash won't be shared among APC chieftains and used for the forthcoming Ondo Gubernatorial election....

Tho I think the guy below is more confused about this news grin grin

#IStandWithSamDaddy 2019

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Tolexander: 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Just like saying the US provides $92.7million to increase the wealth of 2% Nigerians. Because the money is going to be enjoyed by not more than 2% Nigerians(Politicians)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Flexherbal(m): 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
This money should be properly utilised.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
[size=18pt]Rubbish. Using chicken change to pretend to assist under glare of publicity.
Whilst at the same time they are looting us of billions of dollars and refusing to repatriate our money back to us
[/size]

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Sibrah: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
blueto:
Where is the $2.3bn that was initially disbursed to Buhari to help eradicate poverty? This govt have secured abundant grants, and we hear of govt injecting billions and trillions into the economy without any visible impacts, this goes to concretize the notion that clandestine and copious defalcations of funds are going on in this govt.

I have said it, and I will like to iterate, the problem is not “lack of funds” but lack of dexterous, disciplined and qualified individuals in the govt.
You are holding Buhari responsible for utilization of fund that hasn't been fully released. I hail oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sibrah:
You are holding Buhari responsible for utilization of fund that hasn't been fully released. I hail oh.

“The $2.3bn assistance will cover activities from 2015”.
https://www.nairaland.com/2643936/us-give-buhari-2.3bn-fight

that word “from” indicates the money was either totally remitted in 2015 or was there is a gradual remittance that commenced from 2015.

lets presume it is a gradual remittance, why are we not seeing or experiencing its gradual utilization in Nigeria? why is the economy retrogressing instead of progressing?

“This is the time to start asking the right questions and holding government accountable. The level of secret corruption ongoing in this administration is mind blowing. we shall no longer wait till they leave power before holding them responsible. This is the change and every free citizen is duty bound to uphold this.” – SleekAboki

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Sibrah: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
blueto:

that word “from” indicates the money was either totally remitted in 2015 or was there is a gradual remittance that commenced from 2015.

lets presume it is a gradual remittance, why are we not seeing or experiencing its gradual utilization in Nigeria? why is the economy retrogressing instead of progressing?
You carefully avoid the part that exposes your lies and feigned ignorance in order to give room for your vague interpretation.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by richidinho(m): 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
Looted already

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sibrah:
You carefully avoid the part that exposes your lies and feigned ignorance in order to give room for your vague interpretation.
what part? can you swiftly state it here?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
Foreign aid is failed concept. It's been given to Africa for half a century with little to no improvement. Name one country that got out of poverty through foreign aid.

The US wasting tax dollars on Nigeria. I don't even get
why we bother with Nigeria. We all know it's easy way to bribe and control politicians by getting free money from USA.

If Nigerians want to improve focus on economic freedom, rule of law, property rights, resource control/fiscal federalism. Copy the examples of Asian tiger economies. Stop looking for handouts and begging world Bank and IMF. Why did we gain independence to become beggers on world stage.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Sibrah: 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
blueto:
what part? can you swiftly state it here?
the part that hint that the fund will be released between 2015 and 2020.
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Sibrah: 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt]Rubbish. Using chicken change to pretend to assist under glare of publicity.
Whilst at the same time they are looting us of billions of dollars and refusing to repatriate our money back to us
[/size]
How are they looting us?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sibrah:
the part that hint that the fund will be released between 2015 and 2020.
Spurious! it stated that remittance will commence from 2015 to 2020, not that it will be “released between 2015 and 2020”

The $2.3bn assistance will cover activities from 2015 through 2020, with the objective of helping Nigeria reduce extreme poverty in a more stable and democratic society.

What can you deduce from that phrase? Yes, it will be released between 2015 and 2020, but it doesn't confute the fact that the remittance was to commence from 2015! So I will adjure you to stop feigning ignorance and make logical depictions.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
If your money has been stolen and if I am holding your money in my bank account and I refuse to repatriate your money back to you, would it not be reasonable for you to charge me with looting your money?
Sibrah:
How are they looting us?
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Sibrah: 12:10am On Oct 12, 2016
blueto:
Spurious! it stated that remittance will commence from 2015 to 2020, not that it will be “released between 2015 and 2020”

What can you deduce from that phrase? Yes, it will be released between 2015 and 2020, but it doesn't confute the fact that the remittance was to commence from 2015! So I will adjure you to stop feigning ignorance and make logical depictions.
Keep the delusional thinking up bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by ArodewilliamsT: 5:28am On Oct 12, 2016
More crocodile handbags and gold earrings for Aisha and Zahra be that.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by bankyblue(m): 5:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Hmmmm.....I must follow in this loot too. Because I know that is the end result
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by misscall247: 8:35am On Oct 12, 2016
Noted....
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by KayodeAjani: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2016
Make i kikuma travel to this Usa sef. Be like say na Money Source

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by soberdrunk(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Are we supposed to say "thank you"? Money they make from 'failed' visa applications alone is hundred times this chicken change angry angry Talkless of the various other ways they are sucking us dry, i am and will 'never' be impressed by all these 'pandoras gifts' from foreign countries........

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Kangol99(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2016
K
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by brostheo(m): 8:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Money that some people will still divert to their private accounts, nor be 9ja we day

1 Like

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
They Should Kuku Sell Nigeria Give Me My Own Share Makai Go Squander Am For Congo Brazzaville..

Seconded, at the moment .
Panya is looking like a better option than Naija

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by soldierdollar(m): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2016
grin oya sell it to the Bureau d change and use it to cut grasses in IDP grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by ItuExchange(m): 8:38am On Oct 12, 2016
While the US continue to go more and more in debt. The funds would be used for private purposes.... Period.

Neteller here: .com.ng
Re: U.S. Provides $92.7m To Reduce Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 12, 2016
blueto:

u no go school at all?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCT Election: Police Announce Restriction Of Movement On Saturday / Hon. Hashimu, 2000 Others Dump APC For PDP In Sokoto / "Suffocate Their Ambitions;" Sanwo-Olu Asks Lagos Voters To Reject Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.