Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Broken - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken (467 Views)

ULTIMATE SERIES: Not Broken Just Bended / THE FISHERMAN'S Tale(love Finds Broken) / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broken by ElectaAlen(f): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2016
'I love you,' he said, over the phone. 'It is you that I love.' Prisca could hardly believe her ears. Osazee had just confessed love to her. Osazee... the charming Osazee with the bronzed complexion, the muscular build, the disarming smile, the soothing baritone voice. She was carried away, lost in the euphoria of the moment till Osazee's elfin voice jolted her back to reality. 'Are you there?' he asked.
'Yes, Osazee. I'm still here,' she said, with a lame attempt at hiding her glee.
'So, will you be my woman?' he asked, in a rather calm tone. He was sure he would get a yes. No woman had ever turned him down. Prisca wasn't going to be the first.
'Osas...,' she said in the sweetest tone of her musical voice. 'Let me think about this,' she told him, although she wanted to say yes right away and become Osazee's woman. She would proudly show him off to all her friends as she would do a gold trophy.
'All right, darling. I'll be waiting. Please, make sure it's a yes.'
'Just hold on to hope while you wait,' she said.
'I love you, Prisca. Please don't break my heart,' he cooed. 'We'll talk tomorrow. Bye for now, darl.'
'All right then. Bye,' she said, with a blithe smile on her butterscotch face. He hung up and on hearing the beep, she said, 'I love you too, Osazee. With every part of me.' Prisca was overjoyed. She had met Osazee three weeks ago at a picnic hosted by a mutual friend. She had been full of admiration for the tall hunk. Osazee was all over the place with his rich sense of humour. The ladies were hoping to catch his attention, to get him to shoot his smile at them, to notice them. Calm Prisca had just sat with a friend or two watching and chatting. But she was a captivating beauty and Osazee could not help but notice her. I have to get this one, he thought to himself. So he walked over to her, talked and flashed his enchanting smile at her. She willingly gave him her phone number at his request. And that was it. It had been three weeks of phone conversations and lunch dates. Although, she was crazy about him all the while, she could not dare to raise her hopes. But, things just got brighter. He had said, 'I love you'! She fantasised about their future together, a lavish wedding, the three cuties they would have for kids. Her life was finally taking shape.

'What?!' she screamed, shaking hard. 'How could he do this... to me?' A tear trickled down her spotless face, and then her eyes were soon clouded by the liquid streaming down with ease. She put her phone aside, and sat on her mattress, her head in her hand. She had just come across photographs from Osazee's engagement party on Instagram. The voluptuous lady looked proud and content as she stood beside Osazee. Prisca was torn apart. It all came clear to her now. She cried as she reminisced his mushy words that easily cajoled her, the flings they had at XY Hotel, the love she had poured on him. Now, the big guy was suddenly unreachable. She had been unable to reach him on phone for one week, his house where they met was deserted. He had tricked her, mercilessly fooled her. Osazee had used her to his satisfaction, and was now done. This realisation that dawned on Prisca broke her heart into shreds.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Broken by stardomberry: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
sorry prisca!!! pls more update

1 Like

Re: Broken by ElectaAlen(f): 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
stardomberry:
Lol. That's the end of the story. Or are you asking for another story?
Re: Broken by ElectaAlen(f): 6:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
stardomberry:
Lol. That's the end of the story. Or are you asking for another story? Thanks for reading

(1) (Reply)

A Mother's Joy: Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize Entry. / Entertainment Literature / Are You An Upcoming Writer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.