Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,702 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN (5995 Views)

Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" / Help! Which Nigerian Bank Cards Are Accepted By Paypal Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Adesiji77: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2016
Lagos – The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that there is no truth in a report that seven Nigerian banks are undercapitalised. The Director, Banking Supervision, Mrs Tokunbo Martins, told journalists at the end of the Bankers Committee Meeting in Lagos on Wednesday that there was no truth in the report.

A Dubai-based International Investment Bank, Arqaam Capital, had reported that seven Nigerian banks were undercapitalised to the tune of N1tn about 3.2 billion dollars. Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Godwin Emefiele The stress test by Arqaam Capital also reported that two banks were close to being insolvent.

Martins said that commercial banks were facing some challenges that were not peculiar to Nigeria, adding that Non Performing Loans (NPL) at 11 per cent was not the focus for now. “As Director Banking Supervision, I wish to state that the report that seven banks are undercapitalised is not true. “That our banks have non-performing loans at 11 per cent is not the focus for now. We should totally ignore such a story,’’ Martins said.

The director said that commercial banks in the country had huge capacity to generate income to absorb any losses that could arise from such loans. “The fact that a country has non-performing loans at this period is expected. So, I don’t think that any jurisdiction should be demonised because of NPL,’’ Martins said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/no-nigerian-bank-undercapitalised-cbn/

1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by ednut1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
no comments ,posters below might have something to say cheesy

3 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
angry

So why cant the bank provide forex needed to run the economy shocked
Why are the banks charging interest loans up to 28% excluding hidden charges?

Useless government

3 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by steppin: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
In every rumour, there's a little truth in it.
Denying the report is the best thing to do, to avoid widespread panic.
Emefiele, keep your house in order.

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lemme just Observe

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Damn! U guys are quick!!!!
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by kabrud: 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
It better be o!
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Adesiji77: 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
ednut1:
no comments ,posters below might have something to say cheesy

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Ekejoestar(m): 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
The director said
that commercial
banks in the
country had huge
capacity to
generate income
"AT THE EXPENSE OF THE BANKING POPULACE" to absorb any
losses that could
arise from such
loans.
(Emphasis mine)
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by tofolo(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
This had better be real. Cos boys are not smiling.
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by ednut1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
Keneking:
angry

So why cant the bank provide forex needed to run the economy shocked
Why are the banks charging interest loans up to 28% excluding hidden charges?

Useless government
provide forex bawo Na dem deu mint am ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by ochallo: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
I remember this same news in 2008 when I was in the bank.it was also a foreign paper that reported it and it was debunked by everybody with news papers flying everywhere. Even my bank then sent us mail to assure us that our bank was strong and we should persuade customer s, that was six months before we were finally sacked and one year before the bank was acquired by another. If the banks are okay why is CBN preventing mass sack by the banks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
cool
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by DjAndroid: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
As usual ! In this administration, it is talk one today, deny it tomorrow.

We are used to it.
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by virginboy1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
The person wey post this post below make sense.

You say make I go school I don go school finish no JOB no better Inflow of capital .... Una say make I learn hand work I don de learn now.. But give me stable,better economy with valuable currency make I fit survive, na wahala ...

GOD is too merciful to Nigerian politicians(Good health, long life etc just look at them chai) . . He shows them divine mercy which millions of poor people in this country are yet to have in their lives, i don't just understand the puzzle mehnnn.
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
[b]Unfortunately round holed in square peg buhari administration, you cannot wish undercapitaliaztion away..oh i didnt know i was talking to myself, while the AGF PROSECUTES JUDGES WITH HIS DSS HIT SQUAD AND LOOKS FOR WAYS TO PUNISH DASUKI TO PLEASE HIS MASTER
, THE COAS BUYS MORE PROPERTIES, FAKES CHIBOK GIRLS RESCUE AND MURDERS SHITES,

EL RUFAI MURDERS SHITES PUTS HIS GIRLFRIENDS IN POWER AND PLANS TO BE PRESIDENT TO SEIZE MORE LANDS AND HOUSES,

BUHARI TRAVELS AND MEETS ISLAMIC CLERICS

KEMI ADEOSOUN AND UDO UDOMA TRY TO LOOK AS IF THEY KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE ECONOMY AND NIGERIA IS A CAR DRIVING ITSELF AS THE DRIVERS HAVE TAKEN THEIR HANDS OFF THE STEERING WHEEL,

BABACHIR SQUANDERS THE 270 MILLION AND IDPS RICE,

ABBA KYARI SQUANDERS THE MTN FINE AND APPOINTS FRIENDS AND FAMILY AS THE INCORRUPTIBLE FEW
OSINBAJO IS SIDELINED TO DO DIRTY WORK OF LIE MOHAMMED AND TELL LITTLE LITTLE LIES AS AJE BUHARI CONCERNED

...WHO THE HELL IS BOTHERED ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY...EVERYONE IN BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT HAS HIS OWN AGENDA AND IT IS NOT US, THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE [/b]

2 Likes

Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by virginboy1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
Banks that were very strong financially then are now shaking now.
While the thieves keep looting at the detriment of the patriotic masses. I tire.

Saudi Arabia saved 800billion dollars during oil windfall.
Now the price has gone down, Saudi Arabia slashed top officials earning by 20%, switched to Gregorian calendar for salary payment

But in Nja, none of that is happening.

Is this a country self Sighs...
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by twosquare(m): 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
Bad news everywhere...God help us.
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by drnelson: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
[size=28pt]i cant believe this monkey is still in charge of CBN[/size]

[size=18pt]Has the Dollar reached 500 yet? YE YE CBN Govnor god punish yo yanch[/size]
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by beadaholic(f): 4:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
When they say make una do MMM, una dey shout say him go collapse. Oya now make we dey watch.
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by otukpo(f): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
I concur. No Nigerian bank is undercapitalized.
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by RichDad1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
Please tell the prophets of doom.

Unfortunately, your own kinsmen will not believe you cos of their hate for good things. undecided
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Icecomrade: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tell them
Re: No Nigerian Bank Is Undercapitalised –CBN by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
PRICE SLASH...... buyer for two plots of land measuring 648msq. at treasure parks and gardens (golf & estate)phase 1 ext.,shimawa,behind redemption camp,off lagos-ibadan express road.currently been sold at 4,000,000 per plot by adron homes properties and estimated to sell for 6,000,000 before year end.each plot is going for a discounted rate of 2M per plot for any interested person.title doc available are,a duly executed purchase receipt,deed of contract,deed of lease/deed of assignment,survey plan,letter of plot allocation,land covered with global certificate of occupancy.price negotiable!
HURRY call/whatsapp 08034637732

(1) (Reply)

List Of Top 100 Profitable Small-scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / BUA Foods Plc Receives Approval To List On The Nigerian Exchange / How To Open,verify And Manage Nigeria Paypal Account Plus Support And Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.