Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

How To Get Jobs In USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Jobs In USA (3068 Views)

African Woman Carries Her Luggage On The Head At The Airport In USA (Photo) / "There Are No Jobs In Dubai, Nigerians Don't Be Deceived" (Photos/video) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Jobs In USA by LOquence: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
A friend is relocating to USA on a visiting visa. Is it possible for him to work and extend his visa and possibly become an LPR in USA?
What are the most likely hurdles to jump in his quest for freedom and better life?
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by worry359(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
LOquence:
A friend is relocating to USA on a visiting visa. Is it possible for him to work and extend his visa and possibly become an LPR in USA?
What are the most likely hurdles to jump in his quest for freedom and better life?

If he breaks the terms of his visa by working he will become an illegal!
He will spend every minute looking around for police or immigration to arrest and deport him.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by omega25red(m): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
LOquence:
living as an illegal immigrant is not easy. There aren't any cops chasing you or looking to stop you and ask for your green card but working conditions would be hard. you wont get the jobs you want, you wont get the pay you deserve and the people who know you are illegal would probably try to take advantage of you because they know your status.

Tell your friend to also watch the news and see the political landscape of America. Illegal immigration is a hot topic which also fuels the fire of life being difficult for illegals.

The easiest route right now is to....
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by olasun4u(m): 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
to do what?
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by olasun4u(m): 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
please is there any chance of securing a decent job with a Nigeria degree in US?
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by LOquence: 6:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
omega25red:
living as an illegal immigrant is not easy. There aren't any cops chasing you or looking to stop you and ask for your green card but working conditions would be hard. you wont get the jobs you want, you wont get the pay you deserve and the people who know you are illegal would probably try to take advantage of you because they know your status.

Tell your friend to also watch the news and see the political landscape of America. Illegal immigration is a hot topic which also fuels the fire of life being difficult for illegals.

The easiest route right now is to....
thanks for the info. I will pass your msg across. But if I may ask what is the easiest route?
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by TWoods(m): 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
LOquence:

You cannot "relocate" to the US on a visitors visa.
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by omega25red(m): 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
LOquence:
thanks for the info. I will pass your msg across. But if I may ask what is the easiest route?
marriage before you even set foot on us soil
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by LOquence: 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
omega25red:
marriage before you even set foot on us soil
is that the only way?
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by obinna5000(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
LOquence:
is that the only way?

There are other ways. Someone can become a lawful permanent resident in the USA through "Family Immigration" or "Employment Immigration".

Family Immigration: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family

Employment Immigration: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-job
Re: How To Get Jobs In USA by Kennetheno: 10:34am On Dec 01, 2023
Good day and Happy New Month
I'm currently residing in Nigeria and a Nigerian citizen as well, I'm at the verge of being offered a job at the United States but my potential employer is asking that I get a temporary I-551 stamp on my Nigerian passport or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa. Attached with this mail is the document sent to me by my potential employer with what is required of me encircled. Please can anyone guide me on how to go about this and what are the requirements needed for me to attain this status.
Thank you so much as I look forward to prompt and favourable response.

(1) (Reply)

Kano City, Northern Nigeria In Pictures!!! / Urgent Pls Mile 12 To Surulere / The Ocean Is Deeper Than We Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.