Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined (839 Views)

FANIMOROUS: A Word Coined From Yoruba Language Added To The Dictionary / Where The Word ''NEWS'' Was Coined From / 25 English Word Coined From Ibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by vitality22(m): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
Moderators, SuperMods and Mr Seun, please I sincerely want to know why, how and where you coined the word Nairaland from. Am really inquisitive about how you came about the name. Anybody that knows should please educate me.
Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by TreasuredLeidy(f): 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
if u ask me, na who I go ask?

2 Likes

Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by Qudbell(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
TreasuredLeidy:
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by Qudbell(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
vitality22:
Moderators, SuperMods and Mr Seun, please I sincerely want to know why, how and where you coined the word Nairaland from. Am really inquisitive about how you came about the name. Anybody that knows should please educate me.
obviously coined from Naira and Land...
Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by vitality22(m): 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
TreasuredLeidy:
But you can atleast try and say something
Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by vitality22(m): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
Qudbell:
obviously coined from Naira and Land...
I thought so too, but why Naira instead Naija? the person that coined the word obviously thought about something
Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by TreasuredLeidy(f): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
vitality22:
But you can atleast try and say something
. .. . Lol, av said something na
Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by jaymejate: 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
Even some moderators don't know how that name came about. So just ask the Oga at the top directly
Re: The Word 'NAIRALAND' How Was It Coined by Tobitrueman(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
vitality22:

Let me try.

May be oga Seun loves the Nigeria currency, the NAIRA (just reminisce the good old days when one naira was equivalent to two dollars) and also understands how important LAND is: from farming, yielding fruits.
Thus he thought, let me go into programming with the mind of an agriculturalist, build a forum (LAND) to earn continuous income (NAIRA)

Abeg I don crack my brain tire, man don try. oga Seun, show o.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Project Topic / Download Jamb Syllabus For 2017 / UTME: JAMB Reduces Number Of Questions And Exam Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.