Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory (1985 Views)

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Obalende: 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2009
no mazaje, abozulu, etc

"I did not ask to be created, so I am not responsible for my actions." It continues - "for had I had a choice, I would have chosen not to be created thereby avoiding sin, temptations, persecutions, sufferings or hell." Whats your view - support with Bible. Any atheist post will incur divine curses upon the person - this is a respectful healthy debate.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by duduspace(m): 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2009
Obalende:

Any atheist post will incur divine curses upon the person - this is a respectful healthy debate.

Na which kain statement be dis now? when exactly did yu attain Divinity, should we start calling yu God? undecided
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Abuzola(m): 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2009
Obalende are you a true christian ? This statement underscore God's kindness. You need to come back to your senses and repent
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Abuzola(m): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2009
@op- You indirectly insult God.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Recognise: 12:08am On Oct 21, 2009
Job 3:1-3 Amplified Bible (AMP):

1AFTER THIS, Job opened his mouth and cursed his day (birthday).

2And Job said,

3Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night which announced, There is a man-child conceived.

4Let that day be darkness! May not God above regard it, nor light shine upon it.

Job 38:1-41 Contemporary English Version (CEV):

1From out of a storm, the LORD said to posting Job:

2Why do you talk so much when you know so little?

3Now get ready to face me! Can you answer the questions I ask?

4How did I [/b]lay the foundation for the earth? Were you there?

5Doubtless you know who decide its length and width.

6What supports the foundation? Who placed the cornerstone,

7while morning stars sang, and angels rejoiced?

8When the ocean was born, I set its boundaries

9and wrapped it in blankets of thickest fog.

10Then I built a wall around it, locked the gates,

11and said, "Your powerful waves stop here! They can go no farther."

12[b]Did you ever tell the sun to rise? And did it obey?

13Did it take hold of the earth and shake out the wicked like dust from a rug?

14Early dawn outlines the hills like stitches on clothing or sketches on clay.

15But its light is too much for those who are evil, and their power is broken.

16Posters Job, have you ever walked on the ocean floor?

17Have you seen the gate to the world of the dead?

18And how large is the earth? Tell me, if you know!

19Where is the home of light, and where does darkness live?

20Can you lead them home?

21I'm certain you must be able to, since you were already born when I created everything.

22Have you been to the places where I keep snow and hail,

23until I use them to punish and conquer nations?

24From where does lightning leap, or the east wind blow?

25Who carves out a path for thunderstorms? Who sends torrents of rain

26on empty deserts where no one lives?

27Rain that changes barren land to meadows green with grass.

28Who is the father of the dew and of the rain?

29Who gives birth to the sleet and the frost

30that fall in winter, when streams and lakes freeze solid as a rock?

31Can you arrange stars in groups such as Orion and the Pleiades?

32Do you control the stars or set in place the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper?

33Do you know the laws that govern the heavens, and can you make them rule the earth?

34Can you order the clouds to send a downpour,

35or will lightning flash at your command?

36Did you teach birds to know that rain or floods are on their way?

37Can you count the clouds or pour out their water

38on the dry, lumpy soil?

39When lions are hungry, do you help them hunt?

40Do you send an animal into their den?

41And when starving young ravens cry out to me for food, do you satisfy their hunger?

Job 40:1-8 New International Version - UK (NIVUK):

1The LORD said to Posters Job:

2Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him? Let him who accuses God answer him!

3Then Job answered the LORD:

4I am unworthyhow can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth.

5 I spoke once, but I have no answer— twice, but I will say no more.

6Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm:

7Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.

8Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself?

Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by duduspace(m): 1:26am On Oct 21, 2009
@Recognise

No need for the long post, just tell us god is accuser, prosecutor, judge and executioner and that we have no say at all in the matter. no be so?
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by bawomolo(m): 1:39am On Oct 21, 2009
Obalende:

. Any atheist post will incur divine curses upon the person - this is a respectful healthy debate.

respectful indeed
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 21, 2009
@ topic

it doesnt diminish responsibility
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Recognise: 11:21am On Oct 21, 2009
Duduspace:

@Recognise

No need for the long post,

Just tell us God is accuser, prosecutor, judge and executioner

and that we have no say at all in the matter. no be so?

@Duduspace

- Duduspace

You are not fair with the above assumptions concerning God, my brother . . .

The long post is/was one of the exceptions . . .

Incidentally the posting was submitted with relunctance (i.e. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-340610.0.html#msg4770351)

I normally thrive to limit my postings to six lines because beyond these peeps switch off,  get distracted or easily get bored.

Point of correction God is not an accuser, satan is the accuser of the brethren  . . .

From the scripture snapshots earlier provided, the light bulb lit up and Job realised you cant contend with God

" . . . and that we have no say at all in the matter. no be so?" you snidely remarked

You want to have a say in the matter?

That is suicidal. It is futile and foolhardy to oppose; to argue; to dispute; to quarrel; or to fight God

Sure! God is a Judge . . . and there will be a day of reckoning

On that day, one is better off employing the services of a legal assistant . . .

the best Advocate in town to put ones case before God and speak in ones defense

May I recommend Yeshua?

We are fearfully and wonderfully made - It is a privilege and honor to have the breath of GOD

Glory be to Elohim, El-Shaddia!
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by noetic15(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
Obalende:

no mazaje, abozulu, etc

"I did not ask to be created, so I am not responsible for my actions." It continues - "for had I had a choice, I would have chosen not to be created thereby avoiding sin, temptations, persecutions, sufferings or hell." Whats your view - support with Bible. Any atheist post will incur divine curses upon the person - this is a respectful healthy debate.

this implies that there is someone to whom u are accountable to. . . .why not surrender to His will?
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by mazaje(m): 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
Obalende:

no mazaje, abozulu, etc

Any atheist post will incur divine curses upon the person

Why has my post been deleted?  I say Bleep all the gods in the trinity(jesus, yahweh, holy ghost abi na holy spirit)I urge you to go and report me to yahweh and tell him to curse me for posting on this thread. . .In fact want yahweh, to come and kill me with  his sword and soak his cloth with my blood they way he killed his enemies and soaked his cloth with their blood in the bible. . . .
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Abuzola(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
Why should he kill himself because i quote the Quran.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Obalende: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ Recognise

Thank you so much that you have answered my question Biblically - this has baffled me for years. Thank you. Moderator, question answered with solid Bible support - the atheists are now invading so please lock thread.

@duduspace
the atheists do not allow Christians to debate their own religion and distract good Christian discussions.
"He that blasphemeth the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven in this age nor in the age to come"
this is what atheists continue to do on christian threads; I claim no divinity but what I have said is Biblical and God is the Judge - I am just warning atheists of possible danger. I dont like seeing stuff like what mazaje has just posted on my thread (I could not even read it - its blashemy) but thats by the way.

@Noetic
thanks too. You are great!
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by mazaje(m): 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2009
Obalende:

@duduspace
the atheists do not allow Christians to debate their own religion and distract good Christian discussions.
"He that blasphemeth the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven in this age nor in the age to come"
this is what atheists continue to do on christian threads; I claim no divinity but what I have said is Biblical and God is the Judge - I am just warning atheists of possible danger. I dont like seeing stuff like what mazaje has just posted on my thread (I could not even read it - its blashemy) but thats by the way.

Is this a blasphemy challenge or what? OK I blaspheme against the holy ghost and all the gods in the trinity. . .next. . .
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Obalende: 8:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
mazaje, you have won - please now stop posting so my topic can be addressed. thanks.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by mazaje(m): 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2009
Obalende:

mazaje, you have won - please now stop posting so my topic can be addressed. thanks.

Have you reported me to yahweh already?
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Obalende: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2009
u say you are based in Finland - ur behavior is not european - i have politely asked you to not post into an uninvited thread which was clearly spelt out so that genuine christian discussions can be carried out peacefully. I specifically referenced you in the original post to steer clear knowing from your posts the venom of your anti christian posts. PLEASE.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by mazaje(m): 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2009
Obalende:

u say you are based in Finland - your behavior is not european - i have politely asked you to not post into an uninvited thread which was clearly spelt out so that genuine christian discussions can be carried out peacefully. I specifically referenced you in the original post to steer clear knowing from your posts the venom of your anti christian posts. PLEASE.

Ok I am out enjoy your thread. . . .bye. . . .
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Abuzola(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hehehe, the cross worshipper guy detest atheist.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by duduspace(m): 2:48am On Oct 22, 2009
Obalende:

@duduspace

Alright, I'm not an atheist but I'm no christian, neither do I subscribe to any organised faith or creed. I think Recognise has done justice to your initial call, the curses threat just seemed a bit heavy handed for me.

@Recognise

I get your drift, there is also devolution of powers in god's court, so the devil takes the office of accuser and prosecutor while god takes that of Judge and Executioner with Yeshua taking the office of the defender if you allow him.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Obalende: 10:44am On Oct 26, 2009
@ Recognise
Actually I have some objections to your response you gave in Job.

Asking if one has walked the ocean floor does not answer the question. A man who chose and did not want to be created doesnt care what happens in the world of the dead; amazing creation he cares less about for he chooses not to exist; therefore those passages only answer the question 30%.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by wirinet(m): 11:01am On Oct 26, 2009
Obalende,

I did not want to comment on this thread as it says Christian only, but if find it hypocritical to ask an atheist question and then asked them not to respond or explain why they hold that position. Christians are just glad that they were created and worship and give thanks to their God for it. So I do not think that Christians can answer why Atheist think the way they do.

It is like atheists asking why do people need salvation, and then add a caveat - STRICTLY FOR ATHEISTS.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Recognise: 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2009
Obalende:

@ Recognise

Actually I have some objections to your response you gave in Job.

Asking if one has walked the ocean floor does not answer the question.

A man who chose and did not want to be created doesnt care what happens in the world of the dead;

amazing creation he cares less about for he chooses not to exist;

therefore those passages only answer the question 30%.

@Obalende

Isaiah 64:8:

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

And now, O Jehovah, thou [art] our Father,

We [are] the clay, and Thou our Framer,

And the work of Thy hand -- all of us.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

You, LORD, are our Father.

We are nothing but clay,

but you are the potter who molded us.

Isaiah 45:9 Contemporary English Version (CEV):

. . . , you have no right to argue with your Creator.

You are merely a clay pot shaped by a potter.

The clay doesn't ask,

"Why did you make me this way?

Where are the handles?"

Romans 9:20-26:

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

20But, my friend, I ask, "Who do you think you are to question God?

Does the clay have the right to ask the potter why he shaped it the way he did?

21Doesn't a potter have the right to make a fancy bowl and a plain bowl out of the same lump of clay?"

22God wanted to show his anger and reveal his power against everyone who deserved to be destroyed. But instead, he patiently put up with them.

23He did this by showing how glorious he is when he has pity on the people he has chosen to share in his glory.

24Whether Jews or Gentiles, we are those chosen ones,

25Just as the Lord says in the book of Hosea,

"Although they are not my people,

I will make them my people.

I will treat with love those nations  that have never been loved.

26"Once they were told, You are not my people.'

But in that very place they will be called children of the living God."

Amplified Bible (AMP)

20But who are you, a mere man, to criticize and contradict and answer back to God?

Will what is formed say to him that formed it, Why have you made me thus?

21Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same mass (lump) one vessel for beauty and distinction and honorable use, and another for menial or ignoble and dishonorable use?

22What if God, although fully intending to show [the awfulness of] His wrath and to make known His power and authority, has tolerated with much patience the vessels (objects) of [His] anger which are ripe for destruction?

23And [what if] He thus purposes to make known and show the wealth of His glory in [dealing with] the vessels (objects) of His mercy which He has prepared beforehand for glory,

24Even including ourselves whom He has called, not only from among the Jews but also from among the Gentiles (heathen)?

25Just as He says in Hosea, Those who were not My people I will call My people, and her who was not beloved [I will call] My beloved.

26And it shall be that in the very place where it was said to them, You are not My people, they shall be called sons of the living God.

Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Obalende: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2009
@Recognise

22God wanted to show his anger and reveal his power against everyone who deserved to be destroyed. But instead, he patiently put up with them. 

This is my holy argument - how can one deserve to be destroyed when he did not ask to be created Anyhow, The verses in Romans makes sense- we are the clay and He is the Maker; but it doesnt directly answer the question; it provides a threat not an answer. This "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" theory has baffled me for years and of course I am a christian, but I am being inquisitive to really know the CORE Christian theology.

@wirinet
Its not an atheist question and atheists are not invited because I dont want the thread to derail. Christianity is a religion of REASON contrary to popular beliefs so asking reason is not an atheist question; the only difference is that somethings are for SPIRITUAL reasons and not physical (and herein lies the flaw of the atheist, trying to explain everything physically - but again, let me not derail the thread).
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Recognise: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2009
Obalende:

@Recognise

22God wanted to show his anger and reveal his power against everyone who deserved to be destroyed.

But instead, he patiently put up with them. 

This is my Holy argument - how can one deserve to be destroyed when he did not ask to be created

The verses in Romans you have quoted are true

- we are the clay and He is the Maker; but it doesnt directly answer the question; it provides a threat not an answer.

This "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" theory has baffled me for years and of course I am a christian,

but I am being inquisitive to really know the CORE Christian theology.

@Obalende

- Obalende; I feel you my brother

There is no harm in been curious inasmuch as you dont cross boundaries

". . . This is my Holy argument . . . " you said

The Holy argument bit. HOLY? What is HOLY?

Are you capable of or able to have a HOLY argument. Job couldnt

Concerning the subject matter. Just as a clay hasnt got a say with the potter, so you too simply havent got a say in your existence

So just suck it up. Be grateful you have the breath of GOD in you.

Who are you Obalende? Wasnt expecting an answer so dont bother obliging

Who is GOD?

He is ELOHIM - Creator of all things

He is YAHWEH-TSIDKENU - He is just and right - does the right thing; no mistakes

He is EL-SHADDAI- Almighty; can do and undo at a whim, bend rules, suspend laws or principles etc

He knows the end from the beginning . . .

Revelation 4:11 CEV:

"Our Lord and God,

you are worthy

to receive glory,

honor, and power.

You created all things,

and by your decision they are

and were created.
"

Dont jump the gun Obalende because 1 Conrithians 2:9 reassures

1 Conrithians 2:9 Contemporary English Version (CEV):

But it is just as the Scriptures say,

"What God has planned

for people who love him

is more than eyes have seen

or ears have heard.

It has never even

entered our minds!"

Dont get distracted by the situation, whatever it maybe now, take solace in the or your destination
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Obalende: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2009
@ Recognise
I have a say because I did not ask to be created and I am being threatened with HELL. A lot has gone on which I wont go into before posting to. There is nothing like crossing boundaries - I refuse to be scared. If God doesnt want me to think for myself then He should take away my mind. But just a brief:

1.) Condition of attaining heaven is belief in Jesus Christ - right? WRONG. Apparently, only those who endure to the end and those whose names were written AND REMAIN in the Lambs Book of Life will be saved.

2.) Recently a recent popular MOG (name withheld) gave a sermon that baffled me. On how the Book of Life was written before the foundation of the world and how the apostles only went into cities to preach the gospel to bring ONLY those foreknown by God to salvation. And that as soon as all those whose names were written in that Book are saved, the trumpet blows; and on how only a SMALL REMNANT FEW make it to heaven. I deduce from the last phrase that many are those who think they were Christians who will be disappointed when denied entrance to the kingdom. Now this is the thrust of my argument - why then bother with creation when you knew some are destined for Hell - dont go on about how I am man and God is God as that does not provide answers.

thnx.
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Abuzola(m): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2009
I give thanks to God am a muslim and not a cross worshipper, wow, i thank God o
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Recognise: 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2009
Abuzola:

I give thanks to God am a muslim and not a cross worshipper, wow, i thank God o

@Abu

- Abu

Shush! abeggy, move along, make we hear word jaare . . .
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Abuzola(m): 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
Don't get me provoke
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Recognise: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2009
Abuzola:

Don't get me provoke

@^

Am shivering in my boots already . . . Joke

This is serious and you were unnecessarily butting in
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Recognise: 10:04pm On Oct 26, 2009
Obalende:

@ Recognise

I have a say because I did not ask to be created and I am being threatened with HELL.

A lot has gone on which I wont go into before posting to.

There is nothing like crossing boundaries - I refuse to be scared. If God doesnt want me to think for myself then He should take away my mind. But just a brief:

1.) Condition of attaining heaven is belief in Jesus Christ - right? WRONG. Apparently, only those who endure to the end and those whose names were written AND REMAIN in the Lambs Book of Life will be saved.

2.) Recently a recent popular MOG (name withheld) gave a sermon that baffled me.

On how the Book of Life was written before the foundation of the world and how the apostles only went into cities to preach the gospel to bring ONLY those foreknown by God to salvation.

And that as soon as all those whose names were written in that Book are saved, the trumpet blows; and on how only a SMALL REMNANT FEW make it to heaven.

I deduce from the last phrase that many are those who think they were Christians who will be disappointed when denied entrance to the kingdom.

Now this is the thrust of my argument - why then bother with creation when you knew some are destined for Hell

- dont go on about how I am man and God is God as that does not provide answers.

thnx.

@Obalende

- Obalende

I empathize with you my brother, I really do.

I have no intention of insulting your intelligence or wilfully get your goat

Why should you be scared. Of course you can and should think for yourself, That is why you are equipped with a brain.

Let me reassure you that God hasnt given you the spirit of fear but Love, Power and a Sound Mind.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record.

Though you dont have a say in your creation, you do have a say in how to live your life and where to spend eternity (i.e. time with no end)

God doesnt intend frog marching you to His Kingdom against your will or with your arms twisted behind your back . . .

neither does He relish having part of his cherished creation ending up elsewhere than in His Kingdom (i.e. the Kingdom of Heaven)

Mind you as a matter of fact just as you dont have a say in your creation, GOD too hasnt got a say in where you'll end up

That prerogative is yours.

He knows where you'll end up alright but He wouldnt go against your will (i.e. the choice you have made)

"Condition of attaining heaven is belief in Jesus Christ - right? WRONG. Apparently, only those who endure to the end and those whose names were written AND REMAIN in the Lambs Book of Life will be saved. " you point out

I couldnt have said it better the way you put it but then also what really matters is dusting yourself off, rise up and keep on walking no matter how many times you fall

"I deduce from the last phrase that many are those who think they were Christians who will be disappointed when denied entrance to the kingdom.

Now this is the thrust of my argument - why then bother with creation when you knew some are destined for Hell
" you remarked

As for "Christians" the litmus test is their fruits . . .

As for "why then bother with creation when you knew some are destined for Hell" GOD is purposeful, organised and follows processess

Just because stuff is going to end up in the trash can doesnt deter you from putting something scrumptious up in the kitchen, or does it?

Hell was objectively created for a reason
Re: Christians Only (STRICTLY) - Discussion Of "I Did Not Ask To Be Created" Theory by Abuzola(m): 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2009
'Had We (ALLAH) intended to take a pastime (i.e wife or son), We could surely have taken it from Us, if We were going to do (that)' Quran 21:17

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Femi Aribisala / 2016 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.