Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities (20855 Views)

Enugu Govt Flags Off Decontamination Of Schools Ahead Of Resumption / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by ije22: 7:14am On Oct 14, 2016
Federal government is toothless bull dogs talk more and do less
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by opiaoku: 7:19am On Oct 14, 2016
[s]
arresa:

The fact that the FG is setting up independent power supply for our Universities means power is not improving ion Nigeria and even if I might add, is latest move part of the improvement we need?

Funny when ignorant and unintelligent ipob zombies call other people zombies...
[/s]
trash
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Abbeyme: 7:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

It will serve as cooking gas, l have seen where it is operated. It can provide gas for the University's bakery if it has one.

Oh, ok.

I get your point now.

I previously thought u meant the sewage is to generate electricity ni!

wink
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Ademat7(m): 7:22am On Oct 14, 2016
sebali:
This is the kind of news I want to hear about power. Many more organizations shud be allowed to pull out from d national grid
True talk
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 7:29am On Oct 14, 2016
Abbeyme:

Oh, ok.

I get your point now.

wink

It can generate electricity by powering a generator that is 80% biogas and 20% diesel. I have seen it being used in a welding project in an energy centre in Nairobi.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2016
Abbeyme:

Oh, ok.
I get your point now.
wink
it can be used bro. it is called biomass

1 Like

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 7:49am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

It can generate electricity by powering a generator that is 80% biogas and 20% diesel. I have seen it being used in a welding project in an energy centre in Nairobi.
Exactly sir. You are very correct. The only renewable energy Nigerians know is solar

1 Like

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2016
PaulIdu:
I thought Zombies say power had improved
Don't be föolish. Go find out the meaning of independent power project and the number of megawatts an establishment generates that will make it be forced, by law, to add to the national grid.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Osama10(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2016
Each state should generate and distribute its own power & watch how things change.

1 Like

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 8:00am On Oct 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

Exactly sir. You are very correct. The only renewable energy Nigerians know is solar

We need to expand our minds. Biogas digesters needs to be set up around garri producing communities, to provide heat for frying garri and reduce the dependence on firewood. The women frying the garri will be happy of no longer having to deal with the smoke from the firewood. The digesters are fed with the cassava peels generated during peeling likewise other farm wastes. "i better pass my neighbour" sized generator that runs on biogas can charge the phones of these women while they work!.....We need to expand our minds!

2 Likes

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Abbeyme: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

Thanks bro for the learning.

At least it works for small to medium projects.

One day, it could be stepped-up to power up a local village or a small neighborhood.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Abbeyme: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2016
Osama10:
Each state should generate and distribute its own power & watch how things change.

That is what Fasola did when he was Lasgidi gov'nor and now trying to replicate in our tertiary schools.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Olasco93: 8:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Here in University fo Jos, Jos, Plateau State, we've had our independent power supply since time immemorial. All around the school Main Campus and Permanent Site, we enjoy uninterupted power supply, I mean our light doesn't go off for 5 Minutes, I have never experienced it.
It's a welcome development and all hail to Physics, Elect/Elect, Mechanical Engineers and the all the Electricians in the house, your profession is/are so important...
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

We need to expand our minds. Biogas digesters needs to be set up around garri producing communities, to provide heat for frying garri and reduce the dependence on firewood. The women frying the garri will be happy of no longer having to deal with the smoke from the firewood. The digesters are fed with the cassava peels generated during peeling likewise other farm wastes. "i better pass my neighbour" sized generator that runs on biogas can charge the phones of these women while they work!.....We need to expand our minds!
I tell you sir. I make research on this type of energy and i must say i have learnt a lot. it further reduces pollution as some of these 'wastes' can be reused into meaningful things. cow dungs and poultry wastes that people throw away are good sources also. If only they can know that. These are also avenues to make cool cash and other countries like America, China and other Asian countries are already tapping into it.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by wiseoneking: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2016
arresa:

The fact that the FG is setting up independent power supply for our Universities means power is not improving ion Nigeria and even if I might add, is latest move part of the improvement we need?

Are you truly still alive. Have you not believed this govt enough? So you believe that Universities is going to be lighted. How about destroying boko boys in two weeks and bringing back the girls. He ended up in swaping up the girls with Boko haram most notorious terrorists and chief bomb explosive experts. Just imagine how maiduguri is been bomb left and right. Ekweramadu and saraki are free as birds after your lousy noise. Dasuki is on the verge of been release. Daura, kyari, brutai, amechi and co, been some of the most notorious corrupt men are his greatest allieds. Jagaban is been disgraced and threaten by EFCC/CCB. Some of you have made your self true Zombi. I thought you should have locked up your self in shame after the daily clueless act of this govt. You are back again?
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by buzzy1(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2016
This is a laudable initiative. Kudos to FGN/Fashola
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2016
Abbeyme:

Thanks bro for the learning.

At least it works for small to medium projects.

One day, it could be stepped-up to power up a local village or a small neighborhood.

It is because we have focused on mega projects thus our energy crisis all these years. We have streams that wound its way down the slope of many rural communities that can provide electricity to the communities not having to wait for the National grid

1 Like

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 8:22am On Oct 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

I tell you sir. I make research on this type of energy and i must say i have learnt a lot. it further reduces pollution as some of these 'wastes' can be reused into meaningful things. cow dungs and poultry wastes that people throw away are good sources also. If only they can know that. These are also avenues to make cool cash and other countries like America, China and other Asian countries are already tapping into it.

Actually while you generate gas, you also generate bio-slurry which is a potent organic fertilizer.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by musicwriter(m): 8:32am On Oct 14, 2016
Good one!.
Any investment in education is the true meaning of laying the foundation for development.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by baba11(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

If casava peels is used. I don't think the rate of decay will be higher.May be if it is ground or 'enzyme' is added to it!
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Chrisx1x(m): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2016
shaddoww:
Am happy dis is not another we will, at least dey have made a move already n dey should be fast in extending it to other schools. Can't imagine how u will have tertiary institutions without constant power supply. But come to think of it ooo, Buhari's government seem to be firing from all sides dis week oooo.
If u think Buhari's government won't fail Nigerians, click like.
BUHARI HAS ALWAYS BEEN A FAILURE
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by PaulIdu: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2016
arresa:

Keep deceiving yourself about power ..If it has proved a bit I would have known ..the truth is that nothing has changed,same ol same ol . When my generator expense drops I would be the first to praise Fashola ..
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

Actually while you generate gas, you also generate bio-slurry which is a potent organic fertilizer.
you are good sir! I wonder why this energy is not been used so much in Nigeria. I know there is a digester in Yabatech. I read about it in am environmental management textbook. I just wish we reduce our dependence on hydro power. Another source is hybridized energy. I mean combination of solar and wind.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by PaulIdu: 8:49am On Oct 14, 2016
techcloud:

It's just funny when your likes call people zombies.

I just wonder if u have anything in that head of yours.

I am a 100 percent sure I have a lot more in health, wealth and intelligence than you sire.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by PaulIdu: 8:52am On Oct 14, 2016
emperorchedda:
Your condition is bad o! shocked

So if power has improved there should be no room for more improvement??

You need a neurologist to run a check on that substance you call brain.

All I am saying is that no matter how you guys try to support the failed minister of power it's very obvious power hasn't improved a bit ..keep deceiving Fashola into failure ok
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2016
baba11:

If casava peels is used. I don't think the rate of decay will be higher.May be if it is ground or 'enzyme' is added to it!

It needs to be ground and added water to make it pulpy. The higher the calorific value of the feed fed into the digester, the higher the gas production. Castor plants are very high in oil and generates 50 times more gas that cow dung and when ground with food wastes and fed into the system, the gas production rockets.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 8:55am On Oct 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

you are good sir! I wonder why this energy is not been used so much in Nigeria. I know there is a digester in Yabatech. I read about it in am environmental management textbook. I just wish we reduce our dependence on hydro power. Another source is hybridized energy. I mean combination of solar and wind.

Is the digester at Yabatech, the dome type?
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2016
baba11:

Yes I think Microbes like Yeast would be used to fasten the reaction
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 9:01am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

Is the digester at Yabatech, the dome type?
Yes. You've been there before? There is one also at IITA headquarters at Ibadan
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by undigeh: 9:09am On Oct 14, 2016
The meaning of FG providing Independent Power source for his own (FG varsities), is that there is no hope for power sector privatization.
Therefore, individuals, and organisations in need of power should not depend or wait for those who bought these power companies sold to them.
That the privatization exercise, which Nigerians were deceived into believing to be the best alternative to power sector inefficiency, is a colossal failure.
That the present Administration can neither revoke the privatization the another act of Parliament or improve the situation through the act of the Parliament.

The question is, do this Administration have the clue?
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 14, 2016
PaulIdu:
I thought Zombies say power had improved

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Experiences Only People Who Attended University Of Ilorin Will Get / Strike Suspension: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Kick As FG Moves To Release N40 Billion / OOU Students Ibogun Protest Against SARS Harassment (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.