Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities (20869 Views)

Enugu Govt Flags Off Decontamination Of Schools Ahead Of Resumption / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by techcloud(m): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2016
PaulIdu:

I am a 100 percent sure I have a lot more in health, wealth and intelligence than you sire.

It's so evident in your reasoning.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

Yes. You've been there before? There is one also at IITA headquarters at Ibadan

The last time I visited YABATECH was so many years ago!

The dome system is not as effective as the Flexi biogas system being deployed by a Kenyan firm, Visit their Facebook page: https://web.facebook.com/flexi.biogas

You will realize the dome system is expensive and ancient! The domestic flexi biogas system can be installed within 2 hours and by the 6th/7th day one can start cooking with the gas generated.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by PaulIdu: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2016
techcloud:

It's so evident in your reasoning.

Your tribalist soul is just pained I am aware power hasn't improved one bit since Fashola became minister . Keep fooling yourself into mediocrity ,power or no I must sleep sleep with Air conditioning every fuckïng day of my life ..na you i pity

1 Like

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 9:20am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

The last time I visited YABATECH was so many years ago!

The dome system is not as effective as the Flexi biogas system being deployed by a Kenyan firm, Visit their Facebook page: https://web.facebook.com/flexi.biogas

You will realize the dome system is expensive and ancient! The domestic flexi biogas system can be installed within 2 hours and by the 6th/7th day one can start cooking with the gas generated.
I have always known Kenyans are so advanced in Biogas production. Did you say 2 hours? Oh my God. oh my country. What do you think of Ethanol production from maize algae tree shreds etc. That is also a good source of energy
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Ecosystem4u: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2016
Oildichotomy:
All these are political projects that will make sycophants jump for joy.

40 federal universities right? You think I should believe because a minister said so?

Scam
Dont mind d gullible zombies........If they are told that Nigeria will be the world largest economy next year they will still shout...... ...... 'sai baba! They dont have backbone!!!!
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Justicealh3(m): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2016
The power supply will last for how many hours
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by baba11(m): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

Yes I think Microbes like Yeast would be used to fasten the reaction

I concur.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by techcloud(m): 9:31am On Oct 14, 2016
PaulIdu:

Your tribalist soul is just pained I am aware powered hasn't improved one bit since Fashola became minister . Keep fooling yourself into mediocrity ,power or no I must sleep sleep with Air conditioning every fuckïng day of my life ..na you i pity

Just like I said. Your self acclaimed intelligence is so evident in the way you reason.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by baba11(m): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

It needs to be ground and added water to make it pulpy. The higher the calorific value of the feed fed into the digester, the higher the gas production. Castor plants are very high in oil and generates 50 times more gas that cow dung and when ground with food wastes and fed into the system, the gas production rockets.
Castor plants!?

I don't think i have ever heard of that.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by wellmax(m): 9:35am On Oct 14, 2016
Hemanwel:
Commendable development!
But the idea that the project should start from University of Ibadan because it's the premier university is only but a sentimental reason.

BTW:

My take on the Chibok girls release...
The first question I would like to ask is: why were the 21 girls released now that the popularity of this Buhari-led APC government has dwindled almost to the barest minimum - even among the south-westerners who contributed largely to his ascention to power?
Is it to distract Nigerians from the recession in the land?
Is it to distract Nigerians and the world at large from the judges arrest?
Is it to gain back his popularity among the south-westerners due to his feud with Bola Tinubu?
One thing I know for sure is that Chibok girls' kidnap is Buhari's,Shettima's,and other northern elites' ploy to discredit the past administration.I mean,Buhari,Kassim Shettima (Borno state gov),El-Rufai,Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,and some other big northerners know about the kidnap.They have equally seen it as an avenue to use it to score cheap political points in this administration.
So,in essence,there was Chibok girls kidnap and it was politically motivated.[/b]

I have noticed that jobless folks are better at conspiracy theories.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

I have always known Kenyans are so advanced in Biogas production. Did you say 2 hours? Oh my God. oh my country. What do you think of Ethanol production from maize algae tree shreds etc. That is also a good source of energy

What the guy is carrying on his head are the biogas kits needed to install a unit. They have shipped it to many countries. I have issues with Ethanol production from maize because it competes with food consumption.....maize as food is already expensive for human consumption.

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 9:42am On Oct 14, 2016
baba11:

Castor plants!?

I don't think i have ever heard of that.

I meant castor oil plant.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

What the guy is carrying on his head are the biogas kits needed to install a unit. They have shipped it to many countries. I have issues with Ethanol production from maize because it competes with food consumption.....maize as food is already expensive for human consumption.
i understand on that ethanol issue. can you teach me how to make that digester sir?
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Pavore9: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

i understand on that ethanol issue. can you teach me how to make that digester sir?

Am not the one deploying the technology, get in touch with the company (Flexi biogas).
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Hybrid01: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

Am not the one deploying the technology, get in touch with the company (Flexi biogas).
Alright. Thanks a lot
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by johnbu: 10:59am On Oct 14, 2016
PaulIdu:
I thought Zombies say power had improved
your brain and eye need to be reset, so that you can think and view well to see the improvement in power supply

1 Like

Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by baba11(m): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2016
Pavore9:

I meant castor oil plant.
I will do more research on it to know more about it especially on how it looks like and where it can be found.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Akious2k2(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2016
Xtopher123:
If the Method of Generating the Electricity is not renewable, then it's not supported by me..

If it's Renewable, then I support it..
Did u read dat stuff @all, read am again... Na Solar stuff dem dey use do am
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Originalsly: 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2016
Good for short term...bad for long term... diesel generators would've been better. Let's reason... solar in 6 months... solar projects have a life span. What is the cost... and what is the life span?..that they would never say.... let's say 15 years... is it worth it? We signed contract and GE would be setting up electricity for everywhere.....let's say in 8 years time. ..what happens to the solar unit after the following 7 years?..useless as a backup power supply..that's why I think diesel should've been better... the unit can just sit there like a car forever..cranked up once a month to ehmmm...keep the juice flowingm
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Rayplanet(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
The essence of steady power supply in tertiary institutions can't be over emphasized.

Kudos to the.FG and all stakeholders for this laudable step.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by arresa: 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
Xtopher123:
If the Method of Generating the Electricity is not renewable, then it's not supported by me..

If it's Renewable, then I support it..

University of Ibadan to run on solar power soon

Abuja – The German Ambassador to Nigeria, Amb. Michael Zenner, has said Germany-Nigeria Solar Power project at the University of Ibadan will commence this year.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/university-of-ibadan-to-run-on-solar-power-soon/

It's renewable...
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by arresa: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
Originalsly:
Good for short term...bad for long term... diesel generators would've been better. Let's reason... solar in 6 months... solar projects have a life span. What is the cost... and what is the life span?..that they would never say.... let's say 15 years... is it worth it? We signed contract and GE would be setting up electricity for everywhere.....let's say in 8 years time. ..what happens to the solar unit after the following 7 years?..useless as a backup power supply..that's why I think diesel should've been better... the unit can just sit there like a car forever..cranked up once a month to ehmmm...keep the juice flowingm

Diesel in 2016?

You sound so archaic and ancient...
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Originalsly: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
arresa:

Diesel in 2016?

You sound so archaic and ancient...
lol....archaic for diesel but not crude oil?... archaic and Mercedes Benz now rolling out diesel engines? Should I then suggest cutting edge Bloom Energy?...which would make Solar sound so archaic and ancient?... or should I take a step back with Wind Energy?!
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by Newway2(m): 7:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
I really don't know where Nigeria got it wrong.

I remember seeing ds central sewage system centre (CSSC) while growing up in an education community in late 70's & early 80's with d aim of supply d staffs quaters with gas directly from CSSC . Sadly, that project remains an uncompleted white elephant project till date.

Imagine d impact such wld hv made over d years.

We really nd to re-think our value & developmental systems.

Our so called "Oyel" has been a course & not a blessing 4 d generality of Nigerians.

Naija we hail thee!

Pavore9:
With the population of the various universities, they should also look into generating energy from their sewage.
Re: Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities by jasbrolee(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2016
Pavore9:

It will serve as cooking gas, l have seen where it is operated. It can provide gas for the University's bakery if it has one.
Unilorin already started theirs which will be generating 500 mega watt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strike Suspension: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Kick As FG Moves To Release N40 Billion / Studying Medicine/ Being A Medical Doctor( Over Hyped ) / UPDATED: How Any Student Can Make Money Writing Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.