Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,915 members, 7,863,187 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment (21500 Views)

Exclude DSS From Anti-corruption Operations, Group Advises Buhari / Letters Between DSS And National Judicial Council On Corrupt Judges (photos) / Photo Of Buhari And Lawyers At National Judicial Institute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by tinsel: 6:12am On Oct 14, 2016
freeze001:

No such thing was found! It's all just hype! I'm even sure the search warrants purportedly used were not even signed by any magistrate or judge. Someone definitely just put something there to make it look valid. The dolts still went with wrong search warrants cos they didn't even know whom they were looking for!
Those judges will be fools to keep such money at home knowing some of them are under investigation.

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by blackpanda: 6:12am On Oct 14, 2016
Aufbauh:
Those in the NJC are bunch of comedians.
With all their days of meeting on this issue this is the crap they've come up with?

l was thinking that they might recommend Buhari or DSS boss to the National assembly for impeachment or sack and demand for the release of the ceased money, rather they are pledging their unalloyed support and loyalty to the Grandmaster President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR...... So disappointed cry

Impeachment on what grounds

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by papparatzzi2013: 6:14am On Oct 14, 2016
I read the entire press release with the hope of seeing one prosecution and conviction secured by NJC.

Unfortunately they could not cite one instance, despite their long epistle.

NJC, is a corrupt body of Judges, that has been shielding their fellow corrupt Judges.

Most cases decided by NJC have only led to dismissal with a pat on the back to go home and enjoy proceeds of the corrupt .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by asfrank(m): 6:17am On Oct 14, 2016
Soft pedal punishment, so a judge will take huge bribe, because what more can be done to him apart from compulsory retirement, which is the heaviest punishment amongst the ones listed. Until these guys start entering the Docks themselves, the NJC has not yet done anything.. try these guys or recommend their prosecution along with their removal from office, then and only then would the system be free, because it would serve as deterrence to others.

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by kcnwaigbo: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2016
tinsel:

Those judges will be fools to keep such money at home knowing some of them are under investigation.
Even if such monies were found, it still does not constitute proof of corruption. It is not a crime keep money at home

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by kcnwaigbo: 6:22am On Oct 14, 2016
asfrank:
Soft pedal punishment, so a judge will take huge bribe, because what more can be done to him apart from compulsory retirement, which is the heaviest punishment amongst the ones listed. Until these guys start entering the Docks themselves, the NJC has not yet done anything.. try these guys or recommend their prosecution along with their removal from office, then and only then would the system be free, because it would serve as deterrence to others.
My dear try and read the communiqué before commencing some indicted judges were actually recommended for prosecution. Some of the judges whose home were raided did not even have any petition at the NJC

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by Progressive01(m): 6:23am On Oct 14, 2016
StepTwo:

some of you few Igbos online make the entire tribe funny and sarcastic, shouldnt there be time for everything?

you've made wailing so irritating at the mention of Buhari's name all the time.

I dare you be intelligent enough to create threads criticising Buhari rather than spew his name all over the net. One cannot find a single thread without Buhari's name in it, even in Romance section you will still find Buhari's name more than Fynestboi and Tosyne2much.

Na wetin?

You just dared him to walk on water bro- aint gonna happen. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by kcnwaigbo: 6:23am On Oct 14, 2016
papparatzzi2013:
I read the entire press release with the hope of seeing one prosecution and conviction secured by NJC.

NJC, is a corrupt body of Judges, that has been shielding their fellow corrupt Judges.

Most cases decided by NJC have only led to dismissal with a pat on the back to go home and enjoy proceeds of the corrupt .
The NJC does not prosecute, it can only recommend prosecution if need be which it has done in some cases

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by papparatzzi2013: 6:37am On Oct 14, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The NJC does not prosecute, it can only recommend prosecution if need be which it has done in some cases

So, why the unnecessary noise from NJC when law enforcement agencies are simply carrying out their constitutional duties against corrupt judges, in accordance with the law that makes corruption a crime?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by DesChyko: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Yesterday, when I faulted the details, of those search warrant, some Zombies were quick to point out how infalliable Buhari and his band of DSS could be. But it's plain to see isn't it? The list of what they were searching for was too precise; which tells us it was forged later or there was a set-up along the line.

From our Secondary School days, we were taught about the independence of the three arms of government, why is the Executive messing around with the judiciary and not the legislative?

The DSS could not prove its case. They were expecting public sentiments to do their homework for them, forgetting that the media is not the court. They raided a judge's home without a warrant. Contrary to their claim, the courts received petitions on only two judges. All pending decisions were in the hands of the Executive as the Judiciary is done and dusted with the said matter. Really? I ask, really?

Some were expecting the Judiciary to quickly jump out with a statement if they had no skeletons in their cupboards. I take it these people are really mentally derailed by the media trials as undertaken by the Executive without any form of fact-finding. If this trend shoild continue, then a good number of wealthy individuals are at risk. It is not beyond this government to start reviewing bank statements and money flow to find an excuse to barge into a person's bedroom at 12am undecided

4 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by DesChyko: 6:56am On Oct 14, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

So, why the unnecessary noise from NJC when law enforcement agencies are simply carrying out their constitutional duties against corrupt judges, in accordance with the law that makes corruption a crime?

Haha.. That's some weird thinking there. Did you read the part where after arraigning, the DSS could not prove its case? Did you read the part where a house was raided without a warrant? Did you read the part where the court received only two petitions contrary to the publications we have been gobbling up on media?

I'm not an advocate of corruption, but incompetence makes one more of a fool. The id¡ots should utilize taxpayers money to serve taxpayers effectively by doing background search, not in buying crisp new suits for press interviews. Enough of the media trial.

4 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2016
DesChyko:
Yesterday, when I faulted the details, of those search warrant, some Zombies were quick to point out how infalliable Buhari and his band of DSS could be. But it's plain to see isn't it? The list of what they were searching for was too precise; which tells us it was forged later or there was a set-up along the line.

From our Secondary School days, we were taught about the independence of the three arms of government, why is the Executive messing around with the judiciary and not the legislative?

The DSS could not prove its case. They were expecting public sentiments to do their homework for them, forgetting that the media is not the court. They raided a judge's home without a warrant. Contrary to their claim, the courts received petitions on only two judges. All pending decisions were in the hands of the Executive as the Judiciary is done and dusted with the said matter. Really? I ask, really?

Some were expecting the Judiciary to quickly jump out with a statement if they had no skeletons in their cupboards. I take it these people are really mentally derailed by the media trials as undertaken by the Executive without any form of fact-finding. If this trend shoild continue, then a good number of wealthy individuals are at risk. It is not beyond this government to start reviewing bank statements and money flow to find an excuse to barge into a person's bedroom at 12am undecided

so on point

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 14, 2016
DesChyko:

Haha.. That's some weird thinking there. Did you read the part where after arraigning, the DSS could not prove its case? Did you read the part where a house was raided without a warrant? Did you read the part where the court received only two petitions contrary to the publications we have been gobbling up on media?

I'm not an advocate of corruption, but incompetence makes one more of a fool. The id¡ots should utilize taxpayers money to serve taxpayers effectively by doing background search, not in buying crisp new suits for press interviews. Enough of the media trial.
please stop explaining. they've made up their minds to perceive the judges in a negative light without any evidence

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by yaki84: 7:05am On Oct 14, 2016
i will believe this when dss abi buhari release the items, documents, monies found during the ràid.

untill then, am sorry to say this a THIEF cannot PROBE another THIEF.

BUHARI IS A THIEF.

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by freeze001(f): 7:32am On Oct 14, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

The NJC does not prosecute please. That is left for the Attorney General and relevant prosecutorial agencies.

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by freeze001(f): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2016
asfrank:

The moment a judge is compulsorily retired on grounds of corrupt practices, he is open to prosecution by the prosecuting agencies. It is not within the powers of the NJC to prosecute by itself. The question should now be why the bodies under the executive vested with the powers to prosecute offenders fail to do so.

Don't forget that not all petitions before the NJC have crimes attached to them. It could be for unexplained absence from work, leaving litigants hanging. It could be failure to give judgment within the specified number of days after parties have made final submissions, it could be deliberate subversion of justice due to personal bias and not financial inducement from anywhere....These can only be suspended or dismissed. None of those instances mentioned above amount to crimes but require the disciplinary action meted out.

3 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by pretydiva(f): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2016
UmuEri:
I forgot to add that he (Buhari) is also deef and stewpid
oga it is deaf n not deef undecided

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by InvertedHammer: 7:43am On Oct 14, 2016
/
A tad too late. NJC was derelict in discharging her duties as such her authorities were usurped by a serious entity under the control of the Federal government. NJC must be reconstituted or disbanded. They are completely useless.
\

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by MrPresident1: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2016
Nigerians think that only their leaders are corrupt, the leaders are corrupt while the followers are saints.

Saint Buhari, Fantasrically corrupt president of a fantastically corrupt people, when you are through with the judges, pounce on the people, they are too fantastically corrupt.

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by freeze001(f): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Does the midnight raid executed by the DSS amount to prosecution? That is persecution! Furthermore, it is not the mandate of the DSS to deal with corruption and professional misconduct. They are the SSS set up for matters of internal security.

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by kcnwaigbo: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
A tad too late. NJC was derelict in discharging her duties as such her authorities were usurped by a serious entity under the control of the Federal government. NJC must be reconstituted or disbanded. They are completely useless.
\
I don't think this one read the report before ranting. Pathetic

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by thunder74(m): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2016
A fool will say, I have made up my mind, don't convince me with the truth.
With all the explanations, some will still say DSS is right. You know why? They are programmed to react like that always.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by InvertedHammer: 7:55am On Oct 14, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

I don't think this one read the report before ranting. Pathetic
/
I have no interest in reading any garbage from your oppressors. I can predict with reasonable accuracy the content of the report knowing the high level of deceit and profligacy by the ruling elites in Nigeria.

A report from NJC with regards to the DSS saga is not worth my time.
\
Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by seguntijan(m): 7:55am On Oct 14, 2016
Judiciary is my headache - ~ President Muhammadu Buhari February 1, 2016 ...... SSS midnight arrest of judges is my panadol - # InBuharisVoice

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by Charly68: 7:58am On Oct 14, 2016
This judicial fraudsters have come again. Somebody once said that we should expect nothing but cover up from them..Dog don't eat dogs. Naija ! Where are we going ?
Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by thunder74(m): 8:00am On Oct 14, 2016
StepTwo:
i dont know why the fuzz over all this, even some things that are clearly stated in the constitution are boycotted.

the ones that are not in the constitution are enforced in a combatant style.

many of us here do not even know if the DSS action was right or wrong based on constitution because we have the most useless judiciary in The world.

Itse Sagay ------- the arrest is legal

Kanu Agabi -------the arrest is illegal.

Femi Falana -------- I am just confused

Barr. Okechukwu --------the DSS are carrying the duties of the police.

aHow Steptwo wan take understand the constitution?
Bros, if all lawyers are right, we won't need judges to decide their cases.
Most of them are being led or influenced by sentiments. The same people will say something else if they are on the other side. They all know the positions of the law on this, they interpreted the law either on politics, religion, selfishness or an outright foolishness.

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by solok: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2016
Hmmmm!
For the worth of all the pros and cons of the on-going debate, the Nigerian Judiciary will take a long while to fully resolve this and most certainly, it will never be the same again. One of the clear fallouts would be that the directly impacted Judges and Justices will have to take a bow out of the bench and go into (early) retirement or 'pursue other interests elsewhere'.
Going forward, public perception may very well query their ability to remain uncluttered, unchained, unbias, independent in handling casee..any case at all...brought before them for adjudication.

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by OBAGADAFFI: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
\

And who will disband the NJC?

How many cases have the DSS successfully prosecuted.

Even the actions taken by Military Dictators are always reversed due to inconsistencies.

Just watching how these case will go.

I just pity Prof Sagey, and his likes

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by josite: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2016
the dss has again ,for lack of tact,bungled the removal of corrupt judges from the system.now all the other judges will quickly clean up their homes and accounts etc because they have now been put on notice.

dss should get resource persons to lecture them on how to conduct smooth operations.it is said the best commander in chief is he who is adapt in winning a war without firing a shot.
engaging the Njc in an ego war means someone in the dss do not even know a judge is far superior to the president of Nigeria when pull comes to shove.
is it not the cjn that will set up a panel to investigate if buhari is served an impeachment notice by the national assembly.

it is that same cjn that dss is querying .untill a judge is removed from his judgeship,you keep on addressing him as "MY LORD"
EVEN WHILE ON TRIAL,UNTIL CONVICTED,A JUDGE WILL STILL BE ADDRESSED AS "MY LORD"

Nigerians deserved a dss that operates smoothly.dss should engage consultants on strategies,signals&public perception management who will do a scenario rehearsal before some sensitive steps are taken.

1 Like

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by ayindejimmy(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2016
we all know that almost all the politicians at the NA are corrupt,
we all know some of our judges are pervasively corrupt.
but we can't arrest or prosecute them because of separation of power and rule of law.

Now, where is the check and balance in all of these?
These people are on a corruption free because they know they're untouchable
The highest office is still that of the masses. Now, the ball is in our court
Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by kcnwaigbo: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2016
solok:
Hmmmm!
For the worth of all the pros and cons of the on-going debate, the Nigerian Judiciary will take a long while to fully resolve this and most certainly, it will never be the same again. One of the clear fallouts would be that the directly impacted Judges and Justices will have to take a bow out of the bench and go into (early) retirement or 'pursue other interests elsewhere'.
Going forward, public perception may very well query their ability to remain uncluttered, unchained, unbias, independent in handling casee..any case at all...brought before them for adjudication.
None of the judges will be suspended or forced into early retirement unless there are indicted by the NJC. If it is the APCs plan to falsely accuse them of corruption and force them into early retirement then they have failed already

2 Likes

Re: National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment by kcnwaigbo: 8:12am On Oct 14, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
I have no interest in reading any garbage from your oppressors. I can predict with reasonable accuracy the content of the report knowing the high level of deceit and profligacy by the ruling elites in Nigeria.

A report from NJC with regards to the DSS saga is not worth my time.
\
Then don't comment.You can't be making comments without reading facts about the case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Buhari, APC Governors Meet In Crucial Meeting / 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari / Okupe Clashes With Saharareporters Sowore On Aljazeera Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.