Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (178828 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dedicated to creeza, frankcris and kiki24

Twenty-three

The sun was setting through the cloud over the outside window of Mt. Sinai Hospital. Almost as though the two events were coordinated, Dr. Lily Olu opened her eyes.

“I’m hungry,” said the forty-one year old from the bed.

Detective Ehis spun away from the window and stared at her. His scarred face had the faintest traces of a smile. Then his lips turned up in the closest to a smile as he came over to the bed looking down at Dr. Lily.

“What’s so damn funny and who the hell are you?” she growled crankily.

Most of the detective’s smile was wiped off his face but his eyes danced in amusement. “Detective Ehis Oghuma at your service ma’am and its funny that the first thing you would say is ‘I’m hungry’. I thought people always said, where am i?”

Dr. Lily blinked. She looked down at the hospital sheet covering her and the IV attached to her arm.

“Okay,” she said, “what am I doing in a hospital?”

“You were attacked in your house, I don’t know if you remember that,” he said searching her features for traces of recognition.

Dr. Lily looked at him blankly for a few seconds and suddenly recollection came to her in a rush. She shuddered and sent a hand to her throat that was still heavily bandaged. “Oh my God!” she breathed. “When she stuck in that knife into me I thought it was check out time for sure.”

Detective Ehis’ brow furrowed, “she?”

“Yes she, Blessing Adeolu, one of my mentees. She’s been consulting me off and on for years. Oh my God!” she said horrified, “she killed that woman didn’t she?”

The detective’s face was carefully blank as he tried to assimilate the turn of events, his phone rang, jarring him out of his thoughts. Tunji Afolabi’s name was on the caller ID. “Detective Ehis.” he listened patiently to the clearly agitated man and finally his words penetrated through his consciousness. “Oh my God! I’ll be right over.”

Dr. Lily shot him a surprised glance as he ended his call. “Problem?”

He pocketed his phone, “Apparently your mentee just abducted the Afolabi’s son. She set his ransom at twenty million naira.”

“What the hell?!”

“How the hell could I have done anything about it when you didn’t bother to tell me?” Dayo shot from beside her.

“I’ve already explained that I bloody well tried to tell you, didn’t I?” she fired back laying a protective hand on the bump that was barely visible beneath the wool sweater she wore.

“How hard did you try, Tally? A man has got a right to know when he’s going to be a father.”

“Yes, he does. And along with that right,” she countered, refusing to be cowered by the flash of indignation in his eyes, “comes a responsibility and common sense not to dump somebody like yesterday’s thrash and keep your bloody phone on.”

“I never got any messages.”

“That’s because your line or the one you gave me was never reachable.” She stared out the window as old hurts she’d been carrying for months, reopened. “After you snuck out on me leaving your stupid farewell message, I was heartbroken and decided never to have anything to do with you. Until I learnt of the baby. I tried to get in contact with you, called your number but it was permanently switched off. I realized then that I didn’t know anything about you or your family. Until I saw pictures of you and her on the pages of Ovation magazine.”

“Me and who?”

“Who else?” she asked with a sneer. “Your darling Stephanie of course.”

An odd part of him enjoyed the scorn in her voice. “Jealous much?”

“What do you think?” she shot back. “I had no choice but to think you wouldn’t be interested and went for plan B.”

“Which was?”

“Pass off my baby as Tunji Afolabi’s with the hope that he would take care of us. He was the one I was dating before we reunited.”

Dayo looked at her horrified, “our baby? Tunji? How dare y…”

“Don’t you even dare try to guilt trip me, you’re the one to come and act offended when you were obviously not a saint!” she hissed.

“And you’re not a saint either! What makes you think its right to pass off one man’s child as another’s? Huh?”

“Well the same thing that makes you think its right to wake up one morning and just leave without even the courtesy of a proper goodbye. Dumping me like thrash and going back to your fancy girlfriend and lifestyle.”

Dayo’s eyes were blazing, “well isn’t that what you are? To pass off my baby as another man’s!”

Omotola whirled as if she’d been physically slapped, “Damn you Dayo Cole, I regret the day I set my eyes on you!” she said and tried to open the car door but found it locked.

Dayo reached out a hand to stop her, regretting his words immediately. “Tola I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that.”

Her face was still turned away as she struggled with the door, the tears blinding her eyes, “You don’t need to apologize, that will be the opinion of your family of me anyway.”

Dr. Seyi Lawal tried to sit upright after he was almost knocked nearly unconscious by the torture on his dick. If he survived this, he would probably have to be castrated because his balls would be useless to him. His voice was nearly hoarse from the screaming and crying, apparently the walls of the apartment were thick enough to leave the sounds confined to the house and all the windows were closed.

This was not the place he had ever pictured himself dying in and in the hands of his son too.

Seyi’s voice was childish, taunting. “I know what must be going through your mind now father, you never expected this to happen. You never thought I could harbor so much hate for you.”

“Please—“

Seyi screamed, “Shut up! Fucking shut up, will you? I always meant to ask you something. When exactly did you start believing the things you do? That people could be bleeped with because you had the money to trample over their feelings. That your evil deeds could be covered with money and everyone had a price. Your unfettered lust and raving desire led to my mother’s ruin.”

“Son please…”

“I would have loved to see you in prison. To be out here and watch your skin go white and your bones turn powdery and your hope evaporate. To suffer long and hard for all you’ve done. You’re soft and vain and prison would have killed you very slowly. But alas, I have nothing but deep and gnawing hatred for you. I stayed up on so many nights plotting and perfecting my revenge that didn’t include letting you die slowly in prison but torturing and killing you slowly with my own hands.”

“This is insane Seyi! I’m your father and I did all I did to protect you.”

“To protect me or protect yourself and the precious family name,” Seyi scoffed in disdain. “I’m nothing but another necessary evil, a son to carry the family’s name and forge alliances with other wealthy families. I’m the means to an end just like my mother was and you would do anything to keep me in line with your rules including murder the woman I loved.”

“But you’re wrong son, I didn’t kill Ifeoluwa.”

“But you did send a private investigator to monitor me and watch us and when you found out we were together you threatened to do anything to get her out of the picture.”

Dr. Seyi groaned. His words uttered in anger back to haunt him after three years. “But I didn’t do anything eventually.”

“Oh but you did, you met with her behind my back and told her I was only using and deceiving her. You lied to her and deceived her to get back at me. Then went ahead to sleep with her so you could show me evidence of the cheap LovePeddler she was.”

Three years earlier…
Her cries and moans filled the air as the audio tape player rolled on. After few more seconds of listening to his father fucking his woman, he was trembling badly on the inside and his throat felt parched. He was pathetically grateful when his father switched off the audio player.

“I told you she was cheap,” his father’s voice, smug and satisfied.

He had felt like wiping off the grin from his face with a blow on his chin but felt momentarily paralyzed. “That’s not Ife, she wouldn’t do that to me.”

“Oh but she’s the one. The woman you’re crazy about is nothing more than an opportunistic and gold digging bitch. You see they’re all bitches really, every woman has her price but what sets apart women like Feyi Cole from cheap sluts like your Ife is the tag, ‘class’.”

Seyi looked at his father shaking his head in sorrow back at present. “I’ve waited years for this, plotted my revenge carefully while I was away. God have mercy on your soul father because I don’t,” Seyi said and walked towards the door.

“Seyi please wait! Don’t leave me here, don’t leave me to die, is it money you want? I’ll give you loads of cash just don’t allow me die like this,” his father begged piteously.

Seyi turned back, “even at the end of your life you still think money is the answer to everything. That’s too bad Dr. Lawal because in case you’ve forgotten, I’m the primary heir in your will and stand to gain even your share of holdings in grandfather’s company. So you see, I’ll be better off financially with you dead than alive,” Seyi smiled as he walked away and the first gun shot rang out. “See you in hell, father.”

Tbc

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
I'm sorry for the late update guys but PHCN is at it again, hopefully the light situation will get better soon, abeg make una no vex for me embarassed kiss

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
Creeza:
Ghostmode removed- Scarlett , lemme say this : you are talented and wonderful. Keep it coming.
Ghostmode reactivated :-D

Thank you dear, i appreciate

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
frankcris:
thanks for the update...

am now confused whether to marry a nurse or a writer...

Lol, nurses earn more cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
MackBrooklyn:
Chei, ah don miss some updates sha. Just finishing reading 'em now cool
And I noticed Ska rlett last updatable on Wednesday, Chei undecided
E be like say Skarlett sef don join dem in the search for Tomiwa cheesy cheesy

Story has been updated now, na PHCN cause am cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
adebriana:
Skarl ett.... when's d next update?

After today's, tomorrow
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Where is Skarr nah... hope nothing is wrong oh embarassed

I'm here now dear, nothing is wrong o just PHCN and their wahala
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nelsizzy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
20 million? Blessing na thief sha

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2016
[quote author=skarlett post=50954778] That’s too bad Dr. Lawal because in case you’ve forgotten, I’m the primary heir in your will and stand to gain even your share of holdings in grandfather’s company. So you see, I’ll be better off financially with you dead than alive,” Seyi smiled as he walked away and the first gun shot rang out. “See you in hell, father.”

[s]But what if he wasn't... the will could've been changedundecided[/s] what am i even typing sef ... I can't wait for karma to catch up with him again. He is the most irritating character in this story....

Skarlett...Good update...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
Damn! This is superb! Who ever thought Blessing could be the culprit/accomplice...

On a more serious note, I think it is high time I get a 50,000amh solar-powered power bank for this babe just to show my love...
skarlett:

I'm here now dear, nothing is wrong o just PHCN and their wahala
P-Problem
H-Has
C-Change
N-Name...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
skarlett:

After today's, tomorrow
Thanks for the update dear. So Blessing is responsible for the murders including Ife's? Wonder what her motive is. Seyi shouldn't have killed his dad tho

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Creeza(m): 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Skarlet . I volunteer to be a character in this story. Let me silently poison this Seyi.. Then you take me out again... Mtcheew I hate the guy like wtf!

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by csamii: 12:20am On Nov 12, 2016
I can't help but notice that everyone seems to be a killer or have killer instinct or am I missing something?
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Damn! This is superb! Who ever thought Blessing could be the culprit/accomplice...

On a more serious note, I think it is high time I get a 50,000amh solar-powered power bank for this babe just to show my love...

P-Problem
H-Has
C-Change
N-Name...

My dear, it will be very much appreciated, nepa no be am sad
Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2016
Lawlahdey:
You used present tense in your comment. .. meaning he's alive tongue
lipsrsealed The man has died even before Nigeria was named
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2016
Seyi killed his dad.. Wow

Skarr, we need to deal seyi a big blow angry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 7:26am On Nov 12, 2016
csamii:
I can't help but notice that everyone seems to be a killer or have killer instinct or am I missing something?

Not everyone is a killer, just two people for now. But everyone has one flaw or the other. Some of them are physical like Detective Ehis' scar while most are character wise ie Feyi's immaturity, Tunji's infidelity, Omotola's deceit, Dayo's deceit, Saliu's retardedness, Seyi's revenge/greed etc. This means, noone is perfect smiley
Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 7:27am On Nov 12, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Seyi killed his dad.. Wow

Skarr, we need to deal seyi a big blow angry

grin grin grin

Karma things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 7:28am On Nov 12, 2016
Creeza:
Skarlet . I volunteer to be a character in this story. Let me silently poison this Seyi.. Then you take me out again... Mtcheew I hate the guy like wtf!

Hmmmn what is your name, you could feature in the story
Re: Hearts In Ashes by oluangelkay(f): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2016
ghost mode deactivated. Scarlet u r just d true meaning of Perfection. I love your work.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 8:09am On Nov 12, 2016
oluangelkay:
ghost mode deactivated. Scarlet u r just d true meaning of Perfection. I love your work.

Thank you dear, i really appreciate
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Lleigh(f): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Woke up at 5am and happened across this.
I have now finished reading and I am upto date.

Skalett you are soo talented. Well done fascinating story.
I patiently wait for the next update. ..

I am late because of this.

You rock girl.....

Don't abandon your writing dreams...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Creeza(m): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2016
skalett:

Hmmmn what is your name, you could feature in the story
just give it any name.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by frankcris(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
skarlett:

Lol, nurses earn more cheesy
yea...first thing first.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
Madam! You keep outdoing yourself here.

I'm busy cleaning kirikiri cell no.4 block A for when "we" eventually catch that silly girl Blessing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by KIKI24(f): 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2016
Scarlett thanks for the dedication,am really thrilled.But Blessing tried o,keeping it low all these while,no one would even think she could kill a fly.Can't wait to see what happens next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Whizzdom(m): 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
This story is awesome, keep it coming OP.
You can also check my new story titled: "The Sinister Defence"
The link is: https://www.nairaland.com/3461761/sinister-defence-thriller-story

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by MzDarocha(f): 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
Nice one sis

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by okorro1(f): 4:22am On Nov 13, 2016
Hmmm so its still Monday abi
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Galaxdiva(f): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2016
Wow....Skarlett,nice storyline.... Please update

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 10:52am On Nov 13, 2016
Skarlett, It seems I'm get hungry oo, coman update na

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.