Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? (2025 Views)

Even some Non Christians Will Make Heaven / Do You Know that Atheists/Non-Christians Call Jesus Lord? / Why Are Christian Ministers Contending With Demons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Oct 14, 2016
"Are you saying that Christians are better than non-Christians?"

The Christian is no better than a non-Christian, but he is infinitely better off. It is like two men on a plane, one of whom is wearing a parachute while the other is not. Neither is better than the other, but the man with the parachute is certainly better off than the man who is not wearing a parachute. The difference will be seen when they jump from the plane at 20,000 feet. Jesus warned that if we "jump" into death without Him, we would perish. The Law of an infinitely holy and just Creator is even harsher than gravity. Scripture states that sinners are God's enemy (Romans 5:10) and that "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 14 October 2013 ·
www.NeedGod.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Gayjesus: 11:54am On Oct 14, 2016
This judgmental mindset is why people throw stones at your religion. What difference will a parachute with many holes make?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
My dear, only God can answer this question correctly. You're judging from your own point of view & experience. People experience God in so many ways according to their beliefs, God is God.

The bible made it clear "nobody comes to my Father expect through Me" this is from the Christians perspective. Now, I believe there are other views from non Christians, which links them to God and helps them connect to Him. Whosoever believes in God is directly serving Jesus(Trinity)

If you take a look at the teachings of other religions in the world it centres on LOVE which is the greatest commandment in the bible. Please, don't forget Jesus was never a Christian, He probably practiced Judaism.

My point is, once you love God and love your neighbour as thyself then you're no different from a "Christian"

I'm a proud Christian, but I don't see myself above others just because I'm a Christian. I feel we all have equal opportunity with God #MyViewTho

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by alegbeleye(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Why don't you find something productive to do rather than condemning religion which u were born into. Nigeria actually need ur entrepreneurship skills not condemning skills.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by orisa37: 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
The Faithfuls are not ordinary Christians. They are those guanranteed by St. John Gospel 17 with Parachutes to land in Hands of The Living God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by orisa37: 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
The Parachutes of The Holy spirit is what saved the only Child born from a Plane Crash in the Atlantics. The remaining persongers, all died, 'cos the parachutes of corruption and evil had many holes in them. Christ bore that Child in His Hands and rapped him to safety. Non christians and atheists wouldn't know this.
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
I got my 'chute on, have you? cool
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2016
Gayjesus:

This judgmental mindset is why people throw stones at your religion. What difference will a parachute with many holes make?

Sorry to disappoint you, Christianity is not a religion it is a way of connecting to the living God through Christ Jesus. Jesus is the parachute you need to make you better off than the religious and non religious ones. smiley
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Gayjesus: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Sorry to disappoint you, Christianity is not a religion it is a way of connecting to the living God through Christ Jesus. Jesus is the parachute you need to make you better off than the religious and non religious ones. smiley

You mean it's no more a religion? What about the tithe and offering?
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
Gayjesus:

You mean it's no more a religion? What about the tithe and offering?

Religion is a means invented by man in order to reach out to the unknown God but Christianity is God reaching out and connecting to man.
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Gayjesus: 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Religion is a means invented by man in order to reach out to the unknown God but Christianity is God reaching out and connecting to man.

By sacrificing his son to please himself and creating hell fire in case you decide not to worship him?
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2016
ammyluv2002:

My dear, only God can answer this question correctly. You're judging from your own point of view & experience. People experience God in so many ways according to their beliefs, God is God.

The bible made it clear "nobody comes to my Father expect through Me" this is from the Christians perspective. Now, I believe there are other views from non Christians, which links them to God and helps them connect to Him. Whosoever believes in God is directly serving Jesus(Trinity)

If you take a look at the teachings of other religions in the world it centres on LOVE which is the greatest commandment in the bible. Please, don't forget Jesus was never a Christian, He probably practiced Judaism.

My point is, once you love God and love your neighbour as thyself then you're no different from a "Christian"

I'm a proud Christian, but I don't see myself above others just because I'm a Christian. I feel we all have equal opportunity with God #MyViewTho

Why don't you just answer the OP? A yes or no will do. cool
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Oct 15, 2017
Gayjesus:

Its either you jump with a parachute or without and those who jump with a parachute are better off. cool
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52am On Oct 15, 2017
ammyluv2002:

Your view is not scriptural. The Scriptures says there is only one way to heaven:

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The Christian is no better than a non-Christian, but he is infinitely better off. It is like two men on a plane, one of whom is wearing a parachute while the other is not. Neither is better than the other, but the man with the parachute is certainly better off than the man who is not wearing a parachute. The difference will be seen when they jump from the plane at 20,000 feet. Jesus warned that if we "jump" into death without Him, we would perish. The Law of an infinitely holy and just Creator is even harsher than gravity. Scripture states that sinners are God's enemy (Romans 5:10) and that "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31).

www.NeedGod.com

Are you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by LordReed(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
What good is a parachute that has never been seen or demonstrated?

1 Like

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
LordReed:
What good is a parachute that has never been seen or demonstrated?
The clown is trying to steal the legacy of being a veteran circus clown from jesusjnr....no matter what jnr will still be the most entertaining moniker we have on religion section!

2 Likes

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by LordReed(m): 5:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

The clown is trying to steal the legacy of being a veteran circus clown from jesusjnr....no matter what jnr will still be the most entertaining moniker we have on religion section!

It's a whole circus with these guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 15, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Entertaining? LOL! More like B O R I N G grin grin.

Now budaatum is one of, if not the best, smartest, niftiest, wittiest and most entertaining monikers smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

www.NeedGod.com

No a christian was once an unbeliever who had no hope and held under sins bondage but

Yes Christians are better than non Christian because they have been redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus, they have a hope which never fails.
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 15, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Now budaatum is one of, if not the best, smartest, niftiest, wittiest and most entertaining monikers smiley
yeah...am talking of the negative here. The person whose folly and delusions are the most entertaining. ..no matter how bad a day gets,after glancing through the gibberish jnr puts up,you must have a good laugh... Olaadegbu is trying to copy but is a low budget version of the clown

Jesusjnr,I advice you get a stage name,you can't let this talent flicker of ..you will make good cash from this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by missjo(f): 11:12am On Oct 15, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Of course she had to share this cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by budaatum: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2019
missjo:

You complaining about my lipstick missjo? Don't like that I wear a vanity skirt? How would you get to read it and comment if she hadn't shared it?

Besides, it is an honour! buda is likely the only person to have been described as the only true atheist on nairaland and is now winning praise as a Christian.

I should go for something in Islam too I guess.
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by missjo(f): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2019
budaatum:

You complaining about my lipstick missjo? Don't like that I wear a vanity skirt? How would you get to read it and comment if she hadn't shared it?

Besides, it is an honour! buda is likely the only person to have been described as the only true atheist on nairaland and is now winning praise as a Christian.

I love the lipstick and the skirt cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 15, 2019
missjo:
Who wouldn't? sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by budaatum: 11:53am On Oct 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Your view is not scriptural. The Scriptures says there is only one way to heaven:
Scripture does say there is only one way to heaven deg, through Christ it says. The Christ who was and is the Word. The Word that you ought to study and learn to understand and live by and which removes ignorance, the single tool of satan and the greatest sin of all.

Christ leads to heaven deg, where the wolf and the lamb dwell side by side and the lion lives with the fattened calf and the cow and the bear graze together all led by a child [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+11%3A6-9%2CIsaiah+65%3A25&version=ESV]full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea[/url].

Those who travel the Way of Christ are the Peacemakers deg, for theirs is the Kingdom of God, and not those who's hearts are abundant with hatred and pride and who shall end up in hell.

One can tell which is which, by the way, by looking at their fruits!
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by budaatum: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
No true follower of Christ would open a thread like this that worships satan for they would have learnt of and from the sin of hubris.

Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2019
solite3:

No a christian was once an unbeliever who had no hope and held under sins bondage but

Yes Christians are better than non Christian because they have been redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus, they have a hope which never fails.

Amen! cheesy
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2019
budaatum:

Your cover has been blown. Your clique has been busted. See your type in the link below. undecided
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by budaatum: 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2019
I think the best thing to do with someone with the level of the tiny brain you exhibit and your propensity to parade false evidence is to ignore you olaadegbu as the waste of time and space that you are or one would be casting pearls before a swine.
Re: Are Christian Better Than Non Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
budaatum:

I think the best thing to do with someone with the level of the tiny brain you exhibit and your propensity to parade false evidence is to ignore you olaadegbu as the waste of time and space that you are or one would be casting pearls before a swine.

"Behold, the day of the Lord comes, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and He shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it....And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible...Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of His fierce anger"
(Isaiah 13:9,11,13).

You don't need to cast your crystals at me, just sit back and listen to the impending judgment of the Lord coming to you unless you repent and believe the gospel before it becomes too late smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Most Nigerians Become Atheists,What Do You Think Will Happen? / Does ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Do Debtors Inherit The Kingdom Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.