Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities (47486 Views)

Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by AnodaIT(m): 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
Wait. F no dey again o
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by alsudaes1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2016
abeloureal:
its not new though. still d same with 5.0. just a change of nos. even if dey want to use 7.0 CGPA.

UI uses 7 point grading system, 1st Class is 6.0 to 7.0, I don't know if they still do
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Xtardom(m): 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
Chisos!!! lipsrsealed
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by MrLekan95(m): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
Noted
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
Obinnau:
15?! makes sign of the cross for you.

grin grin grin OLOSHI
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Obinnau(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2016
davbravo:
The method you used to convert it isnt what will be used by the school....... for eg being on a 4.0 cgpa on a 5.0scale is equal to getting B's in all your courses.... but with this method getting B's in all courses is equal to 3.0 on the 4.0 scale...... what if he had a mixture of diff grades in his courses to get that 4.0( maybe some A's, B's, C's, E's, etc)..... on a 5.0 scale, E is 1point but on 4.0, it's 0.....so for all the E's he might have gotten, he had no points for them, so this brought down the cgpa from a 3.0 to a 2.93cgpa............

I just hope you understand what I wrote above
i mentioned weighted mean and some do not understand the concept.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by midolian(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2016
AlphaT1:

Hw did you calculate it? Coz 4.0/5.0 is equivalent to 3.2/4.0....check ur calculation again.
what is the basis for this your calculation when the 5points grading system has been scrapped? smiley
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 16, 2016
But where is lalasticlala on this Sunday?

Mynd44 - e bi like say you go reconfirm your CGPA on Monday oh
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
This policy I think takes effect only for schools that has implemented the earlier policy of removing E in the grading list and PASS as final result. So it all depends on your level and your school.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Obinnau(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
ejibaba:
This policy I think takes effect only for schools that has implemented the earlier policy of removing E in the grading list and PASS as final result. So it all depends on your level and your school.
the policy started in the academic 2013/2014 academic session, unfortunately that's when I started.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Obinnau:
the policy started in the academic 2013/2014 academic session, unfortunately that's when I started.
Well, Your school implemented it then....so just started last year
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by olayinex(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
how will 2.68 will be b cal under 4.0
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by PARAHH(f): 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
I reject it o
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by aodis: 1:53am On Jul 13, 2017
They are totally mad....
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Minunat1: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
Obinnau:
The NUC is no longer using a scale of 5, the new system is based on a scale of 4. First Class is 3.5 - 4. Second Class is 3 - 3.49. second class lower is 2.0 - 2.99. I was shocked that upon recalculation my CGPA which was 4.0 using the scale of 5 turned to 2.93 in the scale of 4, not even up to second class upper. This is not good.

Please how did you calculate your CGPA from the scale of 5.0 to 4.0?
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by motivationspika(m): 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
whether they use 5.0 or 4.0, it is still the same thing so long as (70-100) is still 'A' and (60-69) is still 'B' and so on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed By Kogi State University Students (Photo) / Buhari Commissions King David University In Umahi's Home Town, Uburu Ebonyi / Secondary School Classmates Get Married 17 Years Later (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.