Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) (8416 Views)

Sexually Transmitted Degrees : 7 Things You Should Know / FUNAAB Students Plant Trees To Tackle Global Warming (photo) / Differences Between "In Time" And "On Time" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2016
Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome (PSAS) or Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder (PGAD) is a phenomenon relating mainly to women’s sexual health, in which afflicted women complain of sudden and frequent feelings of genital arousal that are qualitatively different from the kind of sexual arousal that is associated with sexual desire or subjective arousal. Masturbation and orgasms offer little or no relief.

It is a very rare condition and it is possible that sufferers don’t report the condition because of the shame and embarrassment the disclosure would involve.

Dr. Sandra R. Leiblum documented the condition first in July 2001, along with Dr. Sharon G. Nathan in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy. The reasons for Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome remain a medical mystery till date.

The first real research study on PSAS was conducted at Rutgers University in June 2007 and women with PSAS felt encouraged when doctors found evidence that it was not an “imaginary” syndrome. More than 400 women from different parts of the world have reported suffering from PSAS. According to a report in the Shukan Post last year, a growing number of Japanese women are suffering from PSAS. One woman said she was terrified because even her mobile phone vibration was enough to set her off and was told by her friend that she was stricken by what was called the “cum cum disease.”

It is not surprising that the women who have reported the condition are only from the developed countries, because the consequences of reporting such a syndrome by women in developing or under-developed countries or conservative societies would be disastrous. In conservative societies, women reporting this disease run the risk of being stigmatized or labeled as ‘freaks’ by others.

Interesting to Know

Some theories that are doing the rounds on PSAS are discussed below:

a. Neurological hypersensitivity - In women with PSAS the normal or minor sensation from areas such as clitoris or pelvic organs get amplified and result in a persistent or permanent state of arousal at the brain level. Treatment with anti-depressants is advocated. The hypersensitivity may also result after some minor trauma to pelvic nerves or after an episode of neurological conditions such as meningitis or encephalitis. The glans penis of male has 4000 nerve endings and in comparison the equivalent smaller female clitoris has 8000 such nerve endings.

b. Venous congestion of pelvic organs - Women with PSAS may have some form of pelvic venous congestion syndrome (Allen-Masters Syndrome). The pelvic and sexual organs are rich in blood supply and sometimes the chronically dilated varicose veins do not respond well to neurologic and hormone signals to contract to normal size especially after the resolution phase of the sexual cycle leading to persistent arousal.

c. Endocrinal PSAS - Women who suffer from the condition after menopause or during a few days before the onset of menstrual cycle may have problems related to hormones such as progesterone. This maybe caused due to over-sensitivity to the arousal effect of Progesterone.

d. Prolactin release disorder - Role of Prolactin in orgasm is well studied. It has a role in maintaining the refractory and relief phase after orgasm. Men usually have a much larger release of prolactin after orgasm than women and hence they take time to be aroused the second time. Women have a shorter refractory period due to a smaller release of the hormone. In PSAS it is possible that there maybe no release or delayed release of the prolactin hormone.

e. Oxytocin deficiency – Oxytocin release from pituitary in orgasm gives the calming effect. It reduces stress and its release in clitoral orgasm is even more. That may be the reason why you fall asleep after great sex. Continue reading here http://yakshub..com.ng/2016/10/seevwhy-you-might-always-be-sexually.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Cameleon72(f): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Hmm
Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2016
Cameleon72:
Hmm
wat
Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by sathel(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
Fall asleep after a great sex

No be me be DAT one oo
Maybe all those old potbellied men

5 Likes

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Fidelismaria: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
Summary pls

3 Likes

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by buffalowings: 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
sad sad angry

I don't even know what to say.

2 Likes

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
Geez this big grammers .. Had a hard time understanding this article but still understand though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by InformedLola(f): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
Those cartoon images though

1 Like

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by SuperSuave(m): 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
too many jargons, can't really relate

1 Like

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Readwarn(m): 12:08am On Oct 16, 2016
All I know is that 80% of women that buy Cucumber don't actually eat it...
Konji na Bastard

8 Likes

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Bitterleafsoup: 5:28am On Oct 16, 2016
Ok now I know. Thank God for detachable shower spray.

1 Like

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 16, 2016
Mynd44 - day don break here too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
I love you amiibaby

2 Likes

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Danfuster(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
Readwarn:
All I know is that 80% of women that buy Cucumber don't actually eat it...
Konji na Bastard

Na why i no dey pass my boundary for woman house.

Once some Niccurs used my cousins potty bowl to make eba cos she's this free person and they felt overly comfortable not asking what and what not to use, you know how girls in school won't use the toilet and won't buy the real potty cos they think it's embarrassing using the real potty cos of visiting guys.

1 Like

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Readwarn(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Danfuster:

Na why i no dey pass my boundary for woman house.

Once some Niccurs used my cousins potty bowl to make eba cos she's this free person and they felt overly comfortable not asking what and what not to use, you know how girls in school won't use the toilet and won't buy the real potty cos they think it's embarrassing using the real potty cos of visiting guys.
lol..Women seriously do that?

1 Like

Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
cry Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2016
rily
Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by lollmaolol(m): 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nothing is promised
Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
Cameleon72:
Hmm
re u a victim ni? grin
Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by Christardor: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
All I know is that the reason for certified konji is konji...sefini
Re: See Why you are sexually aroused all the time (and How To Tackle It) by amiibaby(f): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hahahaha.....love me ke
ajibolabd:
I love you amiibaby

(1) (Reply)

Absu On Strike / UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students / Admission For Acting, Tv Production And Presentation, Music Courses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.