Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them (1061 Views)

Should The Man Pay It? / Father Refused To Attend My Wedding / ‘she Holds Vigil Any Night I Demand For Sex; Says Our Kids Are Not Mine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them by KingOvoramwen1(m): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2016
Lawrence Anthony, a conservationist and author known as "The Elephant Whisperer", passed away.
His family spoke of a solemn procession of elephants that defies human explanation.

For 12 hours, two herds of wild South African elephants slowly made their way through the Zululand bush until they reached the house of Lawrence Anthony.

The formerly violent, rogue elephants, destined to be shot a few years ago as pests, were rescued and rehabilitated by Lawrence.

They stood around the house in an apparent vigil for two days, and then dispersed.
"They had not visited the house for a year and a half and it must have taken them about 12 hours to make the journey," Lawrence's son Dylan said. "The first herd arrived on Sunday and the second herd, a day later. They all hung around for about two days before making their way back into the bush."
But how did the elephants know Lawrence had died?
"A good man died suddenly," says Rabbi Leila Gal Berner, Ph.D., "and from miles and miles away, two herds of elephants, sensing that they had lost a beloved human friend, moved in a solemn, almost 'funereal' procession to make a call on the bereaved family at the deceased man's home."
"If there ever were a time, when we can truly sense the wondrous interconnectedness of all beings, it is when we reflect on the elephants of Thula Thula. A man's heart's stops, and hundreds of elephants' hearts are grieving. This man's oh-so-abundantly loving heart offered healing to these elephants, and now, they came to pay loving homage to their friend."

Sources: CBC Canada

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them by KingOvoramwen1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2016
Wonderful.
Re: Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them by ErnestOwue: 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2016
That was very sad. sad Condolence to the family of Lawrence Anthony.
Re: Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them by twosquare(m): 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Communication between creatures. Hmmn. I saw the story of a Penguin too that do pay a man who once saved it a visit (I think yearly),as a show of gratitude.
Re: Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them by eyinjuege: 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
Elephants are one of the most intelligent creatures.
They are also known to mourn their dead.
Wonderful creatures
Re: Elephants Travel 12 Hours To Attend A Vigil For The Man Who Rescued Them by general111(m): 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
If an snakes,FP matter be dis.lalasticlala oya come oh.

(1) (Reply)

Mothers Day:- Lady Goes Topless With Her Mother / Sales! Sales!! Sales!!! Household Items At Give Away Price in Lagos / Industrial Steam Iron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.