Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? (30054 Views)

Why We Can't Respond To Obasanjo's Letter Now - APC / Nigerians React To Aisha Buhari’s Comment On President’s Health / EFCC Probing Jonathan, We Will Invite Him To Respond To Our Evidences – Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Aleora(f): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2016
todayboy:
Exchange her with chibok girls
I swear

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
It shows she has a conscience and I will stop in my tracks and have a rethink on what am I doing wrong with the policies my party created for this nation, Nigeria..
Never disregard the warnings of a woman.

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Ugosample(m): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
PDBonline:

So how will you respond if Amanpour of cnn asks you that "It seems you can't lead your wife, why should Nigerians listen to you?"
The society Amanpour comes from, men don't "lead" women.
So your question is invalid
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Imhayuba: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
TeamSimple:
Why are we celebrating Aisha Buhari?

Did she speak on the plight of average Nigerian?
Did she speak about the economy in relation to her husband's performance?
Aisha Buhari just want to be like another Stella,Turai and PEJ.

Telling the world that Buhari is working with people who she doesnt know and are strangers to Buhari is a silly statement from her.

Is she suppose to be familiar with Buhari's cabinet? His just the wife of the president and nothing backs her position constitutionaly.

Buhari already said it in his campaign that his not working with the office of a first lady,coz he knows the effect of first ladies in previous regimes and how their position was misused.

Buhari also said it that his for everybody and for nobody,hence the strange faces coming into his cabinet. He picks those he feels his comfortable with and not based on party politics.

The only reason shes not going to support her husband as she said is because her husband aint carrying her along,shes not familiar with the faces around and not because of performance. That is a very lame reason we have to agree. What happens to the effect of her husbands policies on Nigerians?

To me ,i just feel Aisha is hurt her husband aint carrying her along with governance and not that shes concerned about the plight of an average Nigerian.

So why are we celebrating her?
Ppl are supporting her cos the enemy of ur enemy is ur Frnd and this newly perceived enemy of buhari is a Frnd to them
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Imhayuba: 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
oluFELAxy:
I will reply the media like this:

"I wouldn't want to say anything about that. It is important I face the issues that have brought me to Germany."

You deserve a Nobel price!
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Ryda(m): 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2016
BossKratos:

_Fuck her hard!!!
angry

Brs Bubu wont be able to do that. The man don age angry
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Imhayuba: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
Well fro my own view the issue balls down to communication breakdown.
1. Aisha is ranting cos she's not influential in her hubby's administration, the ppl on d other hand think she's talking about the economic woes facing the country.
2. The pres on d other hand seem to be expressing his sense of humor!, The ppl again see it from another angle!
My own point of view tho

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2016
Built2last:

Lol. Thanks. I can't work with PMB though. He is highly obstinate. The Daughter from the first wife which happened to be my class mate in school told me the father is very stubborn and never listens. How do you advice such a man.

Aisha is suffering what her mum went through. Why will you marry a woman you won't listen to. At leaSt in some matters. You sent your wife to school and now reduce her to kitchen keeper. Who does that in this age
alot of men still do it with a chunk of them being from the north

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by sweetilicious(f): 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2016
Built2last:
Oh my wife could be very spontaneous but I understand the recession is biting Hard and there are complains here and there. She shares in our pain.

We are working hard to fix Nigeria. Brush it politically and move on. Real men don't reply when their wives are angry.
I need your person around me.

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by klassykute(m): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2016
jumper524:
I'm watching in HD how long ur marriage would last with such attitude
i dey cum mk i quickly buy pop corn mk we watch together
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Built2last: 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
sweetilicious:
I need your person around me.
for you

lol
I am here for you
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by DaudaAbu(m): 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
Passingshot

Politics / Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Farmerforlife: 5:24pm
PassingShot:
We’ve all been inundated by the interview granted bbc by the president’s wife which revealed personal and political happenings within the household of the buharis. In response to the interview, we’ve also heard the president remark that his wife belongs in his kitchen and other rooms in his house. Without mincing words, I make bold to say that the president’s wife has lost much of the respect she used to command by her act and has made a bad situation far worse. On the other hand, the revelation has made my love for the president to increase.

Prior to the election of March 2015, GMB, as he was known then, made unambiguous statement on several occasions that “there won’t be an Office of the First Lady” if he became president. Majority of Nigerians applauded the statement on the strength of what past First Ladies had caused the country. We know of First Ladies who practically ordered appointed ministers around. We saw a First Lady embarrass a sitting governor. We saw many First Ladies having their own multitude of staff. The past First Ladies used to have budget drawn out for their office even though the Constitution of Nigeria has no recognition for such. These are only a few of many anomalies that were done in the name of Office of the First Lady. So, when PMB made the statement then, he clearly wanted to depart from that culture of impunity and Nigerians loved him for it.

In the said interview, aisha clearly expressed frustrations at not having undue influence on the man appointed by Nigerians to do a job. She obviously is not having enough say on how ministers, DGs and other top government officials are appointed and this has disappointment her a great deal. Just like the Lagos Assembly shamelessly revealed their frustration about PMB not consulting with Tinubu on appointments, aisha thought it right to express similar frustration but in the worst possible manner.

Let's Examine Key Statements of Her interview:
1. "The president does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don't know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years."

This clearly shows aisha’s disposition to have undue influence on appointments. If not, why does the president need to know those who work for him or the country? What is important is those people’s qualifications and ability to do the job. Why should the appointees be known to aisha on the strength of being the president’s wife of 27 years? This statement by the president’s wife reveals a lot about why/how the past First Ladies and their husbands appointed incompetent political jobbers to positions.

2. "Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position."

If anything, this is a positive on the part of the president. This simply means “no one needs to lobby for an appointment under Buhari once they’re qualified to do the job”. Won’t any reasonable being love the man?

3. "He is yet to tell me but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again."

This is about the most ridiculous of all her statements! It smells arrogance and pompousness. Who makes who? Who is known in the political arena? It is because of Muhammadu Buhari that we got to know aisha Buhari. It is Muhammadu Buhari that’s the politician and not aisha Buhari. Buhari won the last election not because his aisha was on the campaign train even though she might have swayed a few voters. In fact, report had it that PMB was reluctant to allow aisha join the campaign train but for Tinubu’s intervention. So, it is overestimation of her contribution to her husband’s success at the polls to make this statement because she has no political structure or clout to wield such influence.

As I said earlier, PMB by this development has earned further respect from me and many like me. He has proved over and over that he cannot be dictated to whether you are a Tinubu, Obasanjo or even the person who many would have thought could be used to get him – aisha his wife and mother of four of his children. PMB has once again proved to be a man of principle and high moral standards! This is the kind of leader Nigeria needs to get out of the mess bestowed on us by undue interference from those close to past presidents.

PMB’s “aisha Belongs to My Kitchen” Comment
As unnecessary as the response from the president might seem, one has to put himself in a position of a man, the president of the most populous black nation on earth, whose wife has become rebellious and a political foe (frenemy sort of) ready to crash the castle built over many years. I must even commend him for finding the strength to beam with laughter when answering question on his wife’s interview.
The president’s comment at that time couldn’t have been better worded to a wife who behaved with arrogance and insubordination. To make it clear to the bigots and hypocrites, a wife’s primary place is in the kitchen and her husband’s home. Any and every other duty is secondary to that.

Yes, our wives are educated, work and participate in governance and aisha Buhari’s case is no different as she’s known to have been educated by the same man she’s trying hard to destroy now. We all know aisha had a beauty salon/spa and a few other businesses before PMB became president. PMB has appointed a few women into high position in his administration. We also know that his daughters are educated. Clearly, all these are a proof that the president is not someone who does not believe in women’s ability to be equal to that of men in every aspect of life.
However, if a woman thinks 'she has a right to have undue and unwanted influence in a man’s job/life, there is nothing wrong in putting such women where they primarily belong - the kitchen and other rooms.

What aisha did is capable of ruining her marriage and she will be the ultimate loser at the end of it. If that happens, all those urging her on will not be there to console her or offer any help. I could have asked her to ask PMB’s first wife (Safinatu of blessed memory) if she regretted accepting money from IBB who was holding her husband in a cell. Surely, she must have regretted her action one way or the other.
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
grin
todayboy:

2 Likes

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by endove(f): 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
make love to her for 5 hours
you wan make I'm die ni¿

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by babyfaceafrica: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
endove:
you wan make I'm die ni¿
making love is different from having sex
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by DaudaAbu(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
Pls if you have not read the full txt of the interview, no need to response.

Just first read the interview, then come back and comment

thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/3410242/aisha-buharis-interview-hausa-completely#50234760
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by mikolo80: 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
PMIcon:
We are aware of how Aisha Buhari spoke against her husband and publicly said she will not support her husband again if he doesn't change his style of leadership- by that she meant that the president's appointees should be people they both know, not a majority neither of them knows personally. (I recall that ex-president GEJ did something similar in the appointment of former INEC chairman.)

The question is: if you are Aisha Buhari's husband and your wife spoke out against you on a global media station, what will you do and how will you respond when asked about it with international news agencies recording your response?

Note
- Your authority as the husband is at stake
- Your judgment as the president is questioned publicly by your wife
- Your wife is mounting pressure on you (or should we say manipulate you) publicly

Yes, she has right to her opinion but so do you.
How will you react if you are President Muhammadu Buhari?
bitchslap d eediot
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by endove(f): 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
making love is different from having sex
Abeg na d same thing
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by PMIcon(m): 11:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
Amelian:

Never disregard the warnings of a woman.
Even when she decided to go public as if telling the whole world will change her husband?
For single ladies and married ones having challenges at home.. IF YOU WANT YOUR HUSBAND TO CHANGE STOP TRYING TO CHANGE HIM! Celebrate him instead.
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Barigaboy(m): 11:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
I will tell them that she is entitle to her opinion.

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by calabardick(m): 3:41am On Oct 16, 2016
omoyowa:
handover the seat of d presidency to her.....
or give her a wailers form....
send her to kuje or sambisa forest.....

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 5:50am On Oct 16, 2016
todayboy:

I swear if to say I see you now I fit break your head, hahahha one bottle for you as am still laughing.

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 5:52am On Oct 16, 2016
Beremx:
I will buy her the latest range rover.

Who else is supposed to talk sense into Buhari's brain if not his wife? Probably she's been talking to her husband privately about the state of the economy and as stubborn as he is he refused to listen hence her outburst.

I expect his daughters to follow their mother's footsteps and blast their dad too.

God bless Nigeria.

So she should have given Buhari list of those to appoint in his Government? Now I see reason why GEJ fail to own a plot of land and patience have the biggest hotels in Nigeria.

Where in Aisha statement did she talk about economy? Her statement is related selfishness and arrogance.

Now my question is did she know all husband family?

Did you as a lady know of your spouse family?
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 5:57am On Oct 16, 2016
jumper524:
I'm watching in HD how long ur marriage would last with such attitude

Lol am waiting too, no wonder we keep having single mothers all over the place when you want to have control over your man.

I happen to be one of the victim of woman trying to have control over but thank God today she is wasting in her father house with her kids while I have move on with my life married with another kid.
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:00am On Oct 16, 2016
Caseless:
my wife belongs to the kitchen and the other room.

Your women are mostly prostitutes in my place and that's because they left their place of primary assignment(PPA) or kitchen.

You just throw bomb on her...
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:02am On Oct 16, 2016
comshots:
I will take her advice and implement it.

And fail like GEJ, aside from handing over power willingly which I believe his wife will be against what else can you say of GEJ?
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:05am On Oct 16, 2016
MrDavidson:

As far as I'm concerned, the way Buhari responded jokingly, is the best way to respond to what the woman said. She was wrong to have done what she did. And you even want the children to join her to do that, too?

Don't mind her, that's how most of them end up on the street as a single mother.

1 Like

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:15am On Oct 16, 2016
razortruth:
Come down from my self conceited puffed up ego and heed her suggestions. I will also reverse myself on my earlier unguarded outburst and affirm that her role is not in the kitchen but in my wellbeing and legacy too

And you will end up like GEJ who his wife always control and tell what to do, even his wife always lead the way in everything including when being receive my dignitaries abroad.

Check the pictures below and show me any president of any country that does this.

Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by Localamos(m): 7:28am On Oct 16, 2016
Beremx:
I will buy her the latest range rover.

Who else is supposed to talk sense into Buhari's brain if not his wife? Probably she's been talking to her husband privately about the state of the economy and as stubborn as he is he refused to listen hence her outburst.

I expect his daughters to follow their mother's footsteps and blast their dad too.

God bless Nigeria.

A captain goes down with the ship. Aisha should not have criticized her husband publicly.

So you can embarrass your father in public? Because you're advising Buhari's children to do same. I wonder how we value and respect our parents these days undecided
Re: If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? by 9ja4live: 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
Yes Nigeria is going through very tough moments as a country. We have been involved so much more than any other time in our history to change the whole narrative of our country and this is certainly why we are here in Germany because in times of great need, it's only natural that we turn to our strong allies for support in our fight against corruption, our to industrialisation and rebuilding value culture in our political systems.
It's tough not only for my wife but many Nigerians who have voiced their opinions about reforms we are engaging in now. Do we have a better time than now to implement this reforms ? YES!!! When? 30 or 56 years ago. We are behind time, our future is been eaten away and any delay after now will spell dom for Nigeria. But the truth is that anybody that is out to do this work must only believe in God, be ready to work alone and in the instance, lay his down for the nation. This what leadership of Nigeria deserves at this point in our history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Goodluck Jonathan Was A Weak & Incompetent President" / Presidency Releases Video Of Buhari’s Shoot-On-Sight Order For AK-47 Handlers / Update On Second Niger Bridge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.