Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (32958 Views)

I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / This Is Your Season Of Testimony .arise And Shine. / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Elthugnificent(m): 7:33am On Oct 17, 2016
polymathic:
smh for you.... you forget why youre here on earth, bro! If God cannot do it why not try your best by sending help to Those young lads.... stop wailing over what Gof has not done, just step in if you think He is not powerful enough to.handle the situation....
please indulge me, why are we in earth again?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2016
Elthugnificent:
please indulge me, why are we in earth again?
All im saying is... rather than sit there complaining of what God has not done.. take a bold step and help feed these hungry kids... you are here for a purpose, maybe that purpose is for you to feed those lads... just look within you sire...
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Emmahunk(m): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2016
Genesis2000:
I have been imagining this for some times now.

I knows that testimonies are good, and i have also given my testimonies on several occasions.

But what in a situation whereby you re traveling or going else where and you borded a 14 seaters bus and may God forbid the bus have accident and only you survived. Will you go to church and testify and give thanksgiving?

For every good thing God does in your life, please testify BECAUSEIT CCOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE BUT FOR GOD.

I have raised this question somewhere before...

Do you think it is proper to do so?

Someone is wondering now, what kind of question is this? And why wouldn't i testify of his goodness upon my life? Hmmm

to this person, ok what if your wife or your only son is involved in that accident, would you still go ahead and testify?

Don't you think that some of these testimonies we hear these days are not really necessary?

Don't you think that such testimony are really selfish and selfcenterdness?

Do you think if Jesus is in a boat and and by accident he lost all his disciples, do you think he will testify for his safety?

We were all leaning anyway. And i stand to be corrected.
Do you think these kinds of testimonies really worth it.

Does any body here has any contrary opinion to these?
Pls let here from you. Thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Elthugnificent(m): 7:59am On Oct 17, 2016
polymathic:
All im saying is... rather than sit there complaining of what God has not done.. take a bold step and help feed these hungry kids... you are here for a purpose, maybe that purpose is for you to feed those lads... just look within you sire...
I don't believe in a god, so I am not holding it responsible for anything; I meant from my initially post that I used to.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by higherpower: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2016
frank317:

I am Frank and will question his foolishness.

I think Yahweh is crazy... He needs to be called to order

Next time don't quote me! go n get your head examined now that it's just starting before it gets out of hand. You are no normal @all
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by raphieMontella: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2016
UncleSnr:
Yes oh, as long as I can give testimony of God killing Egyptians, why not this?
most important---the killing of the egyptian kids actually..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by raphieMontella: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2016
frank317:

Well, cool. One day person will thank God on top ur misfortune.

I recall during my family morning devotion. My mum used to thank God for keeping us alive, saying many couldn't wake up this morning. Today, she is late, someone somewhere will also be glad she is dead and he is alive.

It's just plain foolishness to think God kept u alive and killed others.
plain foolishness..
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by raphieMontella: 8:25am On Oct 17, 2016
polymathic:
if someone has hiv/aids or cancer what should we do?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Olukayodetope(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2016
I get ur point bro but the one who know the reason such thing happen is God. u cannot question him.... we must give testimony at all time but we should just be so careful so that our testimony in church will not make others think God is partial.

But never try to give people only what can God give to them. u r not the one who died for them on the cross.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Queentrippleb(f): 9:12am On Oct 17, 2016
Genesis2000:

Hmmm you have not really addressed the question.

If your love ones died in an accident and only survived, will you celebrate and give testimony?
Simple. That's my question.
....God knows why it happened like that..... In every condition u must give thanks to him.... See d story of Job in d bible, God rewarded him back in million fold including wife and children
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by orisa37: 9:25am On Oct 17, 2016
Worry is agitation, is Selfish and is Evil.
In all situations, constantly thinking and communing with The Supreme Spirit provides Peace, Patience, Perseverance and Humility and is Righteous.
Testimonies are very good, but this particular one we are talking about depends on your Knowledge of The Mission of God in you and how much of Christ you are blessed with.
We all value to make Heaven and we all must know Death and Life thoroughly before we make Heaven. Jesus is The Standard and is Life and Resurrection.
You can't approach Buhari anyhow or anytime, but you can talk to God right now without permission of a DSS.
Just wonder at the marvellous ways of God, and always surrendering all Honour and Glory to Him in Christ Jesus.
Testimonies are very good. They are Praises for Security, Safety and Success bestowed on us by Grace. They express how much of our attention to do good is still needed on earth by God and how much we understand and appreciate God in Christ Jesus.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by peculiar32(f): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2016
in everything give thanks
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by StarCj(m): 9:52am On Oct 17, 2016
Genesis2000:

I knows that testimonies are good, and i have also given my testimonies on several occasions.

But what in a situation whereby you re traveling or going else where and you borded a 14 seaters bus and may God forbid the bus have accident and only you survived. Will you go to church and testify and give thanksgiving?

Someone is wondering now, what kind of question is this? And why wouldn't i testify of his goodness upon my life? Hmmm

to this person, ok what if your wife or your only son is involved in that accident, would you still go ahead and testify?

Don't you think that some of these testimonies we hear these days are not really necessary?

Do you think if Jesus is in a boat and and by accident he lost all his disciples, do you think he will testify for his safety?

I all, [b]
Genesis2000:

I all, [/b]
Genesis2000:

Rom 9:16
So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

so you don't want to thank Him for showing you mercy.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by edunson(m): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2016
Testimony on Economic recession, last Two year i was able to earn 1.5million per annual but now it hardly for me to earn 150,000.........
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 17, 2016
raphieMontella:

if someone has hiv/aids or cancer what should we do?
Provide money for treatment or help raise an awareness to raise fund for the treatment... dont just sit down n rant everywhere... take a step brooo
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 17, 2016
edunson:
Testimony on Economic recession, last Two year i was able to earn 1.5million per annual but now it hardly for me to earn 150,000.........
what you saying? Write pidgin instead brooooo
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by gidyambi(m): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
SALUTE TO FEMI FANI-KAYODE, A MAN WITH INDOMITABLE COURAGE AT 56 by Musa Simon Reef

He was born 15 days after Nigeria was granted political independence from British colonialists on October 1, 1960.

At birth, the Heavens did not blaze the commencement of his earthly sojourn but the young child who was later to be christened David Oluwafemi Adewunmi and born to the family of Chief Remilekun Adetokunboh Fani-Kayode, carried the genes of astounding scholarly and cerebral greatness often associated with the family.

His great grandfather, Rev. Emmanuel Kayode, studied theology at Durham University in the United Kingdom in the late-1800's and was one of the earliest and most distinguished Anglican Priests in Nigeria.

His grandfather, Justice Adedapo Kayode, studied law at Selwyn College, Cambridge University, was called to the English bar in 1923, was a brilliant lawyer and was the third Nigerian to be appointed as a judge.

His father, Chief Remi Fani-Kayode, was a distinguished and respected nationalist and elder-statrsman and one of the most brilliant lawyers that Nigeria has ever known. He studied law at Downing College, Cambridge University, was called to the English bar in 1943, was the second Nigerian lawyer to be appointed Queens Counsel (Q.C.) in the UK, was the third to be appointed Senior Advocate of Nigeria (S.A.N), was a Member of the Federal Parliament from 1953 till 1958, was the MP that successfully moved the motion for Nigeria's independence in 1958, was leader of the NCNC opposition in the Western Regional House of Assembly from 1959 till 1963, was the Deputy Premier of the old Western Region and Minister of Local Government Area and Chieftaincy Affairs from 1963 till 1966, was the National Vice Chairman of President Shehu Shagari's National Party of Nigeria (NPN) from 1979 till 1983 and was a member of the elders caucus of the National Republican Convention (NRC) from 1991 till 1994.

This is the lineage and heritage that Chief Femi Fani-Kayode comes from and bears.

I first met with him in 2003 when reporting for The Punch newspaper as the Chief Correspondent of its Sunday title at the Abuja Bureau. Before meeting him, like many journalists and members of the public, I saw in FFK the picture of “an arrogant fellow” whose upper class Brirish accent attracted more envy than admiration. As Special Assistant (Public Affairs) to then President Olusegun Obasanjo, he faced the arduous task of replying stone throwers of the government. Obasanjo, who was then seen a lackey of the North, had turned against those who arranged for his emergence on the throne. The consequence was a backlash from the angry core north, as the roof was almost brought down on the government.

After granting an interview where he explained the President’s views on some
key issues, he later called to express gratitude whwas finally published. From then, he became a constant source of response on issues concerning the government. Convinced that the public perception about his person was misplaced, I arranged with some colleagues from other media to have an interaction with him. Further to that, I convinced him to be a guest at a forum organized by the
Correspondent Chapel of the FCT NUJ in 2003 where he really proved his mettle. Unlike other government officials, FFK has an uncanny way of striking relationship with reporters. He does not allow the tight schedules of office to keep him away from media practitioners. As former SA to Obasanjo, he has learned the virtue of keeping the media at close quarters and influencing media perspectives on contemporary issues. Realizing that information remains key in influencing people’s opinions, he reads a lot and seems to have answers to all questions on his fingertips. As the armour bearer of the Obasanjo Administration, he came under fire from critics opposed to the brashness of the Ota farmer in undermining democratic institutions like the National Assembly. In the Nigerian society that places much premium on hypocritical respect for elders, FFK never shied away from speaking the facts and allow Nigerians make up their opinions. After serving as SA to Obasanjo for three years, he was nominated for a ministerial position. He scaled the hurdle despite protest from some senators, and he was later appointed Minister of Culture and Tourism. Few months later, incessant air crashes made the government to redeploy him to the Aviation Ministry where he returned safety to air transportation.
Knowing FFK in the last 13 years has revealed to me the awesomeness of his character. When convinced of a course of action, he puts all his energy to achieving the set objectives. When he was convinced to join the Obasanjo regime, he worked so hard to ensure that he was not merely a number in the cabinet.

Afraid of what I described as his then “blindfolded loyalty” for Obasanjo, I once cautioned him against following the Ota Farmer on all issues, but he responded, “I am loyal to President Obasanjo and shall do everything to discharge such loyalty for the interest of my country.” I was worried when his name came up on the N5.6 billion Aviation intervention fund scandal during the early months of the Yar’Adua government. When I finally met him, he dismissed my apprehension and said he was not guilty. Seven years or so later, the court would dismiss the charges and set him free. Fani-Kayode was later to part ways with the PDP to join the APC in a rainbow coalition against the then ruling party. His appointment as Director of the Jonathan Campaign Organization and his roles in the campaigns are too well documented to warrant a repeat.

As he celebrates 56 years on earth today, FFK is being accused of spending government funds for campaigns. His constant bashing of the Buhari Government, which initially was considered as the trait of an irredeemable opposition figure, is slowly attracting a cult-like followership. He is certainly the only Nigerian politician that has, in almost equal measure, the oratorical and written prowess in advancing national discourse. With these traits, his articles on social media and newspapers enjoy tremendous readership.

My Muslims friends and brothers have had cause in the past to call my attention to his anti-Islam posturing in some of his writings. “Please tell your friend FFK that he is too much for this anti-Islam posturing. Please he should stop it. Advise him to speak and write on national issues”, a few advised me. When I later met him on the matter, he replied, “But Simon, you know that I am not opposed to Islam. I have friends among Northerners and Muslims, and I believe they mean well for this country. No one can accuse me of being anti-North or anti-Islam. I stand for the truth and state it as it is.”

Having known and keep close tabs on the thinking of FFK in the last 13 years, the former Minister is pained that despite launching 1,000 troops to tackle cattle rustling in the North-west, the government of President Muhammadu Buhari has refused to set up similar military operations to stop the genocide in some states of the North-central states and Middle Belt zone that are predominantly Christians. He is worried that the government has failed carrying all sections of the country in the affairs of the nation. He is upset of what he perceived as clear cases of marginalization of certain sections and religion in advancing what he sees as clear signals for national dangers. The resurgence of Biafra and the return to the trenches by the Niger Delta militants are sign posts that all is not well with Nigeria. He sees the absence of national consensus in tackling these problems as a danger that should be avoided at all cost.

Like many Nigerians, he feels anguished at the cascading poverty that has become the lots of our people and reducing the populace into fright victims. The frightening uncertainties and thick clouds of trouble in the nation’s skies keep him awake and he is always caught in apprehension over what the future holds for the people. As a father, he is clearly in agony over what a troubled country will mean for his son, Aragorn. His public views are distress calls for the nation’s leaders to put things back on track. Instead of faulting his style, FFK believes that government should look at the substance of his writings and discourse.

Despite his writing sometimes laced in pessimism, the FFK I know believes in the greatness of the Nigerian state. But he also believes that such greatness cannot be achieved in the atmosphere of violence and intimidation. He believes that the restructuring of the nation seems to be the only viable option in order to ensure regional autonomy for fiscal federalism.

As Chief FFK celebrates his 56th birthday, here is wishing him long life and continued struggle to ensure a free society where all voices count. May his cherished dream of justice to all not remain too long unfulfilled! Happy Birthday!

Reef, a media practitioner, writes from Abuja and can be reached via:simonreef927@gmail.com.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
oyetpel:

What if you see Armed Robbers that have killed up to 40 families in cold blood in hell, you won't be happy? What if you see a man that has raped over 30 girls while he was on earth you won't be happy? What if you see a hiv positive woman that deliberately have sex with men so as to infect them with the disease, you won't be happy? Do you know the good about you? It's that you believe their after life.

Everybody has many questions about the way God works, and its effect on our life, but all we can do is to have faith and be righteous as much as we can, even if it is 3% righteousness, and do not harm your neighbor.

Thank you so much for those questions

Before i answer them, i would like to ask you only one or two questions

Have you watch Jesus of nazareth before in a video? Have you see how they marhandled him, does it ever pricked you heart theway d beat him, put 9 inches nail on his hands and leg and it penetrate into the wood, and they finally crowned him with a thorns and it also penetrate into his skull?

Listen the one you even saw on the television is very low from the one that God showed me in a revelation. On that one they treated him like a criminal and script off his cloth and left him stac naked and the beaten can not be compared to the ones we sees on television.

But at the end he says father forgive them...

2 Steven took the same part and says God don't put dis sin on de head of this ones.

Pls can you tell me why they asked for their forgiveness, and did God granted their prayers?

Now lets go back to ur questions.

If i see those people you mentioned included Hitler, i will not be happy.

Hmmm i still doubt this consept of hellfire, yes i believe their is an after life i also believe in everlasting life which Jesus promise those who believed on him.

John 10; 10 i came that they might have life and that they have it more abundantly.

But Roman 3 told us that the wages of sin is death and the gift of God is everlasting life.
Ezekiel also make us to know that the souls that sin shall die.

And God told Adam because you done this.... Dust you are and dust shall you returned.

What is promise? If you do this and this am going to do this for you. Is that not a promise what if they fail to do it? You have every right to withhold your gift or promise.

Now let look at it this way.

You saw a monkey which is living in a bush, and you tell the monkey look here am going to do you a favour, am going to do you good, but this is the condition, look at this banana that has a spot all over don't eat it and the day you eat it you shall continue to die like monkey and the oldest among you shall be 50 years. But if you eat this one on my right hand it shall transform you like a human being and you will live in my palace forever and eat like a king.

Now it now left for those monkey to decides which types of banana they will be eating.

Now what is the help you have rendered to those monkeys now? are the Change of life which is the transformation of life you did not only turned them to human but also promise them to live in your palace and the best of it is that they will never die. What a wonderful and a merciful you re.

This is an eligatory.

Now what if some of the monkeys were not able to eat your recommended bananas? Or at worst still decided not to eat it and continued to eat their corrupt ones, do you now cast them into an oven or furnace of fire to remain there forever? Hmmm don't you think that such action amounts to wickedness after all you never even promise them to be burn in a hot oven, you only promise transformation, so why resorted in throwing them in hot oven?

By then No man can say i brought you a good news, and if asked what is the good news and he now turn and says the good news is to slawter you like ram if you did not follow me. Nairalanders is that a good news?

There are two important things to note here.

1 they were monkey and they die like money at the age of 50 years

2 you promise to turned them to human, take them out of the bush and put them in your palace and give them everlasting life. There is never a threat here you know?

3 if they keep your commandment.

This thing is a promise never a threat, you wanted to better their life and it sounds very good and wonderful and something it looks evn had to believe. It is a wonderful promise. Infact you even need to conviced them to believe because it is too good to be real. That's why it is a good new. Have you ever seen politicians campaigning? I will turn one dollar to one naira. You know it is a promise and it is very had to believe, so this politician must continue to campaign in other to conviced us the more.

This is what Christians should be doing to the unbelievers and not to threat their life with hellfire.

Infact is evn making matter worst, because people will only c him as a wicked person...
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by olowobaba10: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
METHINKS YOU SHOULD JUST THANK GOD BUT DON'T CELEBRATE OR TESTIFY ABOUT IT IN ORDER NOT TO CAUSE EMOTIONAL GRIEF TO THE RELATIVES AND FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS .
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
Such testimony is a show of abject selfishness. Those who died also deserved to live.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by whoisuche: 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
Genesis2000:

Romans 9:15
God's Sovereign Choice
…14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Absolutely not! 15For He says to Moses: “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16So then, it does not depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.…

Romans 9:18
God's Sovereign Choice
…17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden. 19One of you will say to me, “Then why does God still find fault? For who can resist His will?”…

Exodus 33:19

The Glory of the Lord
…18Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" 19And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion." 20But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"…

In everything God says we should thank him. Your prayer will be God let me not fall into temptation, always testify of God's Goodness in your life and family.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by whoisuche: 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Elthugnificent:
That's one among many of the testimonies I used to find extremely weird and ridiculous.

Even when I was a believer, it weird me out when people give testimonies on even trivial stuff like success in exams or even getting a job they are not qualify for. I normally thought to myself that if god is actually responsible for my consistent success in every examination that I sit for, than maybe he should spare his miracles on me on that regard and allow me to fail the exams and channel the miracles to million of children dying from malaria and hunger.

When you try to question stuff like that, focks will result to saying that god works in mysterious way. How sad.

God's Sovereign Choice
…14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Absolutely not! 15For He says to Moses: “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16So then, it does not depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.…

God's Sovereign Choice
…17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18Therefore God has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy, and He hardens whom He wants to harden. 19One of you will say to me, “Then why does God still find fault? For who can resist His will?”…

The Glory of the Lord
…18Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" 19And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion." 20But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"…

In everything God says we should thank him. Your prayer will be God let me not fall into temptation, always testify of God's Goodness in your life and family.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
whoisuche:

God's Sovereign Choice

God's Sovereign Choice

The Glory of the Lord

Thank you so much for your insight and understanding. I really appreciate it.

God bless you.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Brownhypo: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Elthugnificent:
That's one among many of the testimonies I used to find extremely weird and ridiculous.

Even when I was a believer, it weird me out when people give testimonies on even trivial stuff like success in exams or even getting a job they are not qualify for. I normally thought to myself that if god is actually responsible for my consistent success in every examination that I sit for, than maybe he should spare his miracles on me on that regard and allow me to fail the exams and channel the miracles to million of children dying from malaria and hunger.

When you try to question stuff like that, focks will result to saying that god works in mysterious way. How sad.
Grace works bro. God can make you qualify for what you not qualified for in the sighte of men. Favour speaks!!
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 3:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
nmreports:
Testimony time.
Like someone said above, the manner in which you testify would matter in this case.

Like thanking God for giving you a second chance. While also praying for the family who lost loved ones to have the fortitude to bear their loss.

This kinda testimony should be given amidst genuine tears for the lost lives if you have a heart.

It's a different story if your only son is amongst the dead. God forbid.

Let's avoid always generalizing. Situations can be peculiar most times.

Thanks, i appreciate.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
Amberon11:
It is written that we must give thanks in "every" situation, not some. Being the only survivor in a car accident is a testimony no matter what. Like someone rightly asked, would have rather you died?

Now you asked, what would Jesus do? Well you aren't conversant with your bible. When Lazarus died and Jesus went to his tomb, what was the first thing Jesus said in prayer to God? He gave thanks. And what did the people say?..... Go find out yourself.

It is a lie, Jesus wept is the shortest verse in the bible infact my little daughter have recited as a quiz before.

When Jesus came to the tomb of Lazarus he wept.

It was when he is about to raizerate him that he gave thanks.

What if he were not able to raiserate him?

Did Job also thank God when he lost all his family?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
elitejosef:

Bro Job is your best option. Check out his testimony

so you re saying Job thank God when he heard the bad news?

Hmmmmm pls read ur bible again
Job only said naked i came out of my mothers womb and naked shall i go in there. So is that a testimony to you?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
fetrillion:

Wud u also have been happy if u were among d dead.. For d fact dat u are alive, d mercy of God Singled u out.. Its Gud u testify.. N pray dat God sud give d families of d dead d fortitude to bea r d loss.. N note.. During d period of you sharing d testimony, dont laugh o n dont put on a smiling face.. Be moody n look sympathetic bcs our lord Jesus say we sud morn with pple dat morn n rejoice with d ones dat rejoice... N in all things we sud give thanks.. Wisdom is profitable to direct.. Shallom

Thank you.

1 what is testimony.

2 that very day is it a day of mourning or a day of rejoicing? Thank you once again.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
honourhim:

To testify is a different thing but to take it to the level of rice and stew is the one i dont see the need. You are eating rice and stew because people died and you survived? That looks wicked.

Abi now. The next thing is to go home and celebrate. grin
honourhim:

To testify is a different thing but to take it to the level of rice and stew is the one i dont see the need. You are eating rice and stew because people died and you survived? That looks wicked.

Abi now. The next thing is to go home and celebrate.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
Fadman4real:
So if you go to war and you were among the few that won the war it is a normal approach to start morning the dead rather than celebrating the fact you won the battle.

God doesnt do evil, there is a reason he saved your life and therefore you have every reason to thank him.

Hmmm don't you thinks war is totally different from accident?
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Fadman4real(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
Genesis2000:

Hmmm don't you thinks war is totally different from accident?

How is war different with accidents, you feel bad for the people who died but there was nothing you could av done to change the outcome. So u av every right to be pleased you somehow survived it and even an atheist would claim luck if he survived an accident.
Re: Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? by Genesis2000(m): 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
tosyne2much:
It so disheartening that the kind of Christianity we practice these days is what I call 'Christianity by comfort'. A kind of Christianity whereby you jubilate over the misfortune of others solely because you're not a victim.

I have heard weird, horrible and selfish testimonies of the so called Christians several times and I begin to wonder the kind of Christians we are churning out in Nigeria. I remember when my church member shared a testimony of how virtually everybody in this classic failed a course which he passed. Meanwhile some of his course mates are inside the church oooo. Smh

OP, I don't really think it is bad to testify to God for helping you out of an ugly just like a car crash. The only problem I'm having is about people who are always at the speed of light to go to church to share needless and irrelevant testimonies

God bless you so much.
If you read my post very well you will realized that i have also said i do gives testimony as well.

But the kinds of testimonies i hears this days sometimes look as if one is gossiping, and it is very pathetic.

Ok imaging a situation whereby you prayed in your room for a particular attacked you use to have, may be the next morning a woman dies in your compound. The next day Sunday come and see how the whole church will be jubilating for this very incident.

Is that a testimony?

Or haven't you heard of such a testimonies before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In Pretoria,south Africa. / Ekiti Pilgrims Visit Site Where Jesus Turned Water Into Wine In Jerusalem. PICS / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Leads Cultists To Christ As They Surrender Their Weapons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.