Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon (830 Views)

The Secret Writing Of Solomon To Rehoboam His Son Revealing His Lies / Why Was "Wisdom Of Solomon" And Other Books Remove From The Bible? / Thoughts About Song Of Solomon — Keep Your Relationship Aglow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
Why did the bible portray Solomon as the wisest man to ever walk the earth when there was no record of an invention by him,an disease cure invented by him,he only built temples,had sex with a thousand women(I donbilivit) ,and wrote erotic poems.The only wise thing recorded to have been done by hm was judging which of the prostitutes had the child being fought over which to me doesn't require any special wisdom .
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by LordIsaac(m): 8:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
Your definition of wisdom is subject to the Biblical one. Scriptures is our ultimate authority. Accept everything in it like a little child...void of disputings and vain questioning...and you shall be blessed for it!
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 15, 2016
LordIsaac:
Your definition of wisdom is subject to the Biblical one. Scriptures is our ultimate authority. Accept everything in it like a little child...void of disputings and vain questioning...and you shall be blessed for it!
Only fools do that

3 Likes

Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by menxer: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
How come Moses that wrote many books was not adjudged a wise man?

Maybe it was a nickname. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by felixomor: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
Buharimustdie20:
Why did the bible portray Solomon as the wisest man to ever walk the earth when there was no record of an invention by him,an disease cure invented by him,he only built temples,had sex with a thousand women(I donbilivit) ,and wrote erotic poems.The only wise thing recorded to have been done by hm was judging which of the prostitutes had the child being fought over which to me doesn't require any special wisdom .

If only u read the bible more sincerely, u would have seen verses like these:

2 Chronicles 9:23 And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom, that God had put in his heart.

Then u would have had an idea of the level of wisdom that oozed from him.
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
felixomor:

If only u read the bible more sincerely, u would have seen verses like these:

2 Chronicles 9:23 And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom, that God had put in his heart.

Then u would have had an idea of the level of wisdom that oozed from him.
How come there is no recorded history or story or evidence of Solomon's existence except in the bible
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by felixomor: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
Buharimustdie20:

How come there is no recorded history or story or evidence of Solomon's existence except in the bible

Hahahaha! Please dont say this outside.
They would laugh at u.
Just restrict it to nairaland.
Moreover, i thought u were after "why he was the wisest"?
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
felixomor:

2 Chronicles 9:23 And all the kings of the earth sought the presence of Solomon.
If he was truly as wise as the buybull put it,every civilization that existed at that supposed time is meant to have a record of him
Keep lying to yourself wishing the buybull was true
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by hopefulLandlord: 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
Buharimustdie20:

If he was truly as wise as the buybull put it,every civilization that existed at that supposed time is meant to have a record of him

excellent point @ bolded
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by Ranchhoddas: 1:09am On Oct 16, 2016
I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill, but time and chance happeneth to them all
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by Ranchhoddas: 1:12am On Oct 16, 2016
^^^^ Only one filled with immense wisdom could have said the above.

1 Like

Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by hopefulLandlord: 2:22am On Oct 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

OP's point is that no other civilisation mentioned Solomon despite rulers and kings visiting him for his wisdoms

were they visiting him secretly?
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by felixomor: 4:12am On Oct 16, 2016
Buharimustdie20:

Stop embarrassing urself.
There are archeological evidences of King David and Solomon's reigns.
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by PastorAIO: 9:10am On Oct 16, 2016
felixomor:

Stop embarrassing urself.
There are archeological evidences of King David and Solomon's reigns.

Please share. Where can we find the archaeological evidence?
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by PastorAIO: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill, but time and chance happeneth to them all
Ranchhoddas:

They are wise words indeed. The person, whoever, who said them must be wise indeed.
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by felixomor: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

Please share. Where can we find the archaeological evidence?

How do u normally find information u use for your arguments?
cool
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by PastorAIO: 10:33am On Oct 16, 2016
felixomor:

How do u normally find information u use for your arguments?
cool

From all kinds of sources. Some I'm told directly by an informant. Some I read in books. Some I see with my own eyes. Some I experience myself. I'm open to all kinds of sources.

However what does your question have to do with my request for you to share your archaeological evidences with us?

I think I've been here with you before. You do not actually have any sources so instead of answering the questions you respond with another question that is totally irrelevant. If that is the case, please just stop here, and don't respond to this post.

1 Like

Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Buharimustdie20:

Sir, when you are done studying the books of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, then come back let's discuss.
Blessings!
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by felixomor: 11:08am On Oct 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

From all kinds of sources. Some I'm told directly by an informant. Some I read in books. Some I see with my own eyes. Some I experience myself. I'm open to all kinds of sources.

However what does your question have to do with my request for you to share your archaeological evidences with us?

I think I've been here with you before. You do not actually have any sources so instead of answering the questions you respond with another question that is totally irrelevant. If that is the case, please just stop here, and don't respond to this post.

Hahaha. I can see ur google isnt working today.
Cheers, anyway. cool
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by PastorAIO: 11:14am On Oct 16, 2016
felixomor:

Hahaha. I can see ur google isnt working today.
Cheers, anyway. cool

Oh, I see. So your source for your argument is google. O ma se o!!
Re: The Supposedly Wisdom Of Solomon by felixomor: 11:18am On Oct 16, 2016
PastorAIO:

Oh, I see. So your source for your argument is google. O ma se o!!

Ohkwia No o, its National library.
Mscheww

(1) (Reply)

The 1st Horse Of Revelation 6 Has Been Revealed / Question Of The Day. Why Didn't God Give Satan A Second Chance? / Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.