Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times (14547 Views)

See How MTN Wants Us To Compulsorily Exhaust Our Data / 9mobile Barred My Line / See How MTN Accidentally Breaches Subscribers Airtime Balance Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by chigoziri2403(m): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Please visit any MTN store URGENTLY with a valid ID to update your SIM Registration records & avoid disconnection. You've been compensated with N2500 for use after registration. Dial *559*40# to check

I HAVE RECEIVED this message THRICE THIS YEAR, DESPITE REGISTERING MY LINE THRICE, I AM JUST WAITING WHEN THEY BLOCK IT, LEMME SEE WHO LOSES, I BLAME NIGERIANS WHO STOMACH RUBBISH, THE ONLY THING NCC DOES IS COLLECT FINE AND SHARE AMONGST THEMSELVES

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Ranchhoddas: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2016
ymdo:
Bro, i am equally being prompted to go and register again and it is very frustrating but making reference to the company's nationality will water down the credibility of her complaint. Is she bitter because she was disconnected or because the company is of another nationality? We have our indigenous companies raping us mercilessly also.
My point is that companies (indigenous and otherwise) are able to get away with their sub-par services because of our judicial system.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by ajilegend(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2016
I had a similar experience early this year and what I did was to port to Etisalat. I will advice you to port to other network.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Kaybaba5(m): 8:18am On Oct 17, 2016
I dont know why its happening again this sim registration of a thing..

So am not alone. Na waoh
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by back2sender: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2016
I receive a call and was very skeptical to answer it only for me to hear that i will be blocked and advised to RE register my Line with begging from the network.
I was skeptical because i though it was ipod yoot tracking me because dem don threatened to kidnapp me because i am a very strong supporter of President Buhari and i am from south south.
The problem with this economy is looting of our reserves by GEJ Government. I dont need an harvard professor to tell me this. The savings by obasanjo n yardua government even plus the recovered money from abacha was LOOTED by GEJ ADMINISTRATION.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by twentysixteen(f): 8:34am On Oct 17, 2016
I have also registered my sim 3times yet I keep getting msgs to register again. I can't call out after recharging so I just helped myself, I flushed d sim in the toilet. shikena.

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by otokx(m): 8:39am On Oct 17, 2016
Etisalat did the same to me, it was a terrible experience.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Hiz234(m): 8:45am On Oct 17, 2016
I've been receiving such nasty messages from them saying I should go and update my information! For over a year now.... I bluntly ignored it..... My line is still very active after the first time I registered it... I believe they sell the data of people that come to re-register again and don't have such on their database as a clause of the sales agreement... I've got all network sim anyway, including my Smile 4G
LTE app Sim that I can use anywhere in the world.... MTN is good only for WhatsApp.... Limit your Emptyhen Notwort..... Usage....

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by nairalandtroll1: 9:05am On Oct 17, 2016
drexy02:
Na only your line dem block?
Mtcheeew
Anything den go come report on social media as data don chip
You're a cattle rarer,so talking about phone and sim to you is a waste of time since you can do with your long stick and rubber shoe.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by upuphim(m): 9:06am On Oct 17, 2016
What baffles me is the email and alternate line they requests, what do they do with them. It's not to reach customers? They send dormant line to be recycled without notice. Don't they anything like marketing a department? MTN change before another billion naira fine hits you again.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Mopricelezz(f): 9:18am On Oct 17, 2016
I got to their office here in Ibadan this morning, I was dazed.. See crowd. I just jejely turned back. They should block the line already. Me I even feel the registration should be the type where one don't necessarily have to walk to their office, it should be one where one can call their customer care line and register. Its annoying honestly.

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by opey112(m): 9:25am On Oct 17, 2016
I am in there office now,want to register my Line again. Am just waiting patiently.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by vikendios(m): 9:31am On Oct 17, 2016
They sent the text for urgent update of my sim to me, and their office here is so crowded.
I can't be wasting money on transportation, and my days spent on useless queues.

Honestly if they block my line I am petitioning NCC.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by wallex1983(m): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2016
I appeal to MTN to please give me sometime to inform all my major contacts that I want to break the Mtn simcard and they should Pls begin to use my alternate line. kiss
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by DrMuzungu(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2016
There are good ones among them. But the rest is just a bunch of incompetent, thieving idi0ts. I have my line since May 2002. At that time it cost me the whole N25K!!! I wish Iswitched to GLO as soon as they entered the market later that year. Just like everyone else, I have registered my line multiple times... While abroad earlier this year, I was forced to register it again which, obviously, i could not, and my line was deactivated. CRIMINALS. I register. You keep my info and pass it to NCC. As simple as that. And I did biometric registration along with my international passport. What else do they want?!
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by nellyelitz(m): 9:44am On Oct 17, 2016
why not go and die
ymdo:
You can make your case without reference to the bolded.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by matrixme(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2016
They sent me a message to go register too, after 3 previous attempts and they went as far as bribing me with 1000 naira recharge card.
I promptly called a customer care agent and warned them sternly, even asked them to take back their card. I think the matter was promptly resolved as I got a message in effect.
It's such a shame that a whole MTN Nigeria cannot keep an effective database. One or two information keep deleting from their system.
I pity businesses that offer data management services with them, if they have such services.
EDIT: YES, MTN does have data hosting and management services (see link below). For the love of Christ, if you are thinking of patronizing such service, better run away. Since they cannot afford to safeguard common sim registration data, how much more valuable company data! You've been warned!
https://mtnbusiness.com.ng/services-solutions/data-hosting

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by thunderbabs: 9:51am On Oct 17, 2016
Timely!!! I have always said it that our defunct NITEL seems to be better off MTN in trrms of service..

MTN Nigeria is just a typical inefficient and overrated private company that should be taken over and managed by a badly-managed Nigerian State.

Plz, call them out on TWITTER and FBK too. I did too.

Make mess of them. undecided
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by seunlayi(m): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2016
Mopricelezz:
I got to their office here in Ibadan this morning, I was dazed.. See crowd. I just jejely turned back. They should block the line already. Me I even feel the registration should be the type where one don't necessarily have to walk to their office, it should be one where one can call their customer care line and register. Its annoying honestly.
i also got the message indicating a 5000 bonus but as things stands now, i dont think i can afford to go to their office to queue for that long because of registering a sim that i have registered and even retireved 3 times. It seems this is the end with the line. I will rather simply walk into their office and get the new 4g sim with a new number.

[size=20pt]but where is this tootless NCC?[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by humblemikel(f): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2016
i still prefer MTN line to that useless ASIAN Airtel lines, these people have PHD in Thiefioulogy,
i have warn their customer care severally that any day i woke up again and discover any unnecessary charges for a subscription i did not request for, that day will be the end of that Sim card in my house. these guys take Nigerians for a fool just because those in authority dont care about curbing these menace, they cant try these rubbish in most responsible countries... just go register the damn sim, it must be that something went wrong during ur previous registration, u know our country is not that advance electronically .
cheers : wink
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2016
baba change ur line
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by ymdo(m): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
nellyelitz:
why not go and die
We will always have diverse opinion on issues. What have i said that is worth this nonsense? Why evils? Learn to respect other people's opinion and argue in a civilized manner.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
seunlayi:
i also got the message indicating a 5000 bonus but as things stands now, i dont think i can afford to go to their office to queue for that long because of registering a sim that i have registered and even retireved 3 times. It seems this is the end with the line. I will rather simply walk into their office and get the new 4g sim with a new number.

[size=20pt]but where is this tootless NCC?[/size]

Call NCC toll free line on 622 it works I did called
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
matrixme:
They sent me a message to go register too, after 3 previous attempts and they went as far as bribing me with 1000 naira recharge card.
I promptly called a customer care agent and warned them sternly, even asked them to take back their card. I think the matter was promptly resolved as I got a message in effect.
It's such a shame that a whole MTN Nigeria cannot keep an effective database. One or two information keep deleting from their system.
I pity businesses that offer data management services with them, if they have such services.
EDIT: YES, MTN does have data hosting and management services (see link below). For the love of Christ, if you are thinking of patronizing such service, better run away. Since they cannot afford to safeguard common sim registration data, how much more valuable company data! You've been warned!
https://mtnbusiness.com.ng/services-solutions/data-hosting

Kindly call NCC toll free line on 622 or visit the NCC website
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
wallex1983:
I appeal to MTN to please give me sometime to inform all my major contacts that I want to break the Mtn simcard and they should Pls begin to use my alternate line. kiss

Call NCC toll free line now on 622 it works or visit NCC website
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
daybam01:
Please, I will appreciate it if this can hit front page...... I am an MTN subscriber with phone number 08030735691 and I have done my registration in MTN OFFICES several times due to so called mistakes on their part because one way or the other their system keep having problems with keeping records..... I really don't know if that should be my problem though, but I keep going to their offices out of my tight schedule to re- register, because I am a medical doctor..... to my greatest surprise MTN disconnected my line yesterday evening 14/10/16 without a prior warning or anything....... the annoying part was when I got to their office where I had done the registration 3wks earlier, they had no reason for disconnecting me and they weren't even sorry about it, I ended up re-registering for the fourth time....... I feel we are actually living in a jungle where there is no respect for law.... these people dare not do this in the UK or US let alone their own country, yet they come to our country and keep doing as they wish as if they are above the law...... what if I was in the middle of nowhere and I needed to make an important call, what if I had an emergency in the hospital and my attention was seriously needed? I would have lost a patient or even worse......... please I need this to get to the front page, so that people can see how these idiots keep violating our rights in our country and go scot free........

Call NCC toll free line on 622, Nigerians need to stop complaining and take action against MTN
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
StarPlayer:
I've been receiving such messages. Well if ny line gets blocked i'll simply port to glo jejely. After all it's buy naija to grow naira

Pls call NCC toll free line on 622, it works
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
rofesobi33:
I AM HAVING SAME CHALLENGE WITH MTN TOO. I BOUGHT THE SIM 0803 NEWLY AND REGISTERED IT BEFORE USING. I HAVE BEEN USING IT SUCCESSFULLY, JUST TO WAKE UP AND DISCOVERED MY LINE HAS BEEN BLOCKED.
I HAVE BEEN TO THEIR MARINA, LAGOS OFFICE FOUR TIMES YET THEY COULD NOT RESOLVE IT. THEY EITHER GIVE SILLY EXCUSES THAT THE PERSON THAT WILL ADDRESS THE BLOCKING WAS NOT ON SEAT.
I ALSO CALLED THEIR CUSTOMERS LINE CONTIINOUSLY ON THIS ISSUE, STILL NOTHING WAS DONE.
THE ANNOYING PART IS MY #1,000 CASH IS RIGHT IN THE MTN ACCOUNT.
PLS, CAN ANY BODY THAT IS AFFECTED ON THIS AND SAME SHOE LIKE ME CONNECT TO MY WHATSAPP ON 08062534951 AND LET US FILE A PETITION AGAINST THEM.

Call NCC now on 622, its free
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
amuokuko:
I can't believe the OP is complaining..

I have registered my line twice nd some weeks back I got an sms advising Me to register again which I replied them thou it did not go through..

The last thing I will do if they eventually block me is to visit their office..

Nah immediate porting get me..

Call NCC on 622 from your line its free!
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
To hell with them and their network. I've been receiving that message to re-register. But I won't. After all, they'll loose their customer. I have registered with MTN three time. But other networks just once. Haba! Na only them waka come?
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
We can put an end to this. Lets decide not to go for the registration. If your number is so important to you, port to other networks. If not, let them block it. Their own don too much abeg.
Re: How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times by tee10: 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
Abdstrakt:

I've been getting multiple msg to go an register my sim again despite doing so multiple times.
will jus go and do it tomorrow before they block my line.

useless people

Report them to NCC call 622, its free

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covid 19: Video The Chinese & British Are Destroying The 5G Cell Towers / MTN Is Giving Out Free 20GB And 10GB Data Offer To Subscribers / Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.