Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge (379377 Views)

I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Any Crime Story Here Better Than Tarasha Suggest / Tarasha Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by pearl009(f): 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2017
no matter what let's appreciate the writer, it has not been easy for him as well, he's a student, his academic is there, he has a life to live apart from nairaland don't let discourage him but let's encourage him...he's not getting paid for this. Oyinprince plss don't be discourage there are still loyal fans here who will wait for you no matter what excuse you give, continue the good work, more wisdom...We love you..!!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Thank you guys for your comments and support. I'll like for you all to know that no one else is more committed to seeing this story end than I am. I've got other bigger ideas that have passed through my head without being acted upon just because I want to finish with this first. I run a blog whose success depends on traffic, I won't spend so much investing on something and then decide not to be committed to it.

I don't think I have to say much. As far as there's constant power (electricity), I'll ensure extra episodes come up within this week and next.

3 Likes

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
CHAPTER 6 Part 2

________

'Good evening Rex,' Rikau spoke into his phone in the comfort of his living room. He had just finished listening to the news at eight and was glad that the officers were taking to his instructions but wasn't still happy about their inability to stop Tarasha successfully at any point in time. She was making more damages and was appearing more invincible, he needed to get an explanation from Rex as to why he had not been able to stop her.

'Good evening Inspector General,' Rex voice sounded through the phone's speaker.

'Rex, I see you've not been able to do anything to Samantha Osman, when exactly are you going to stop her?'

'There was a battle between us today but she got away luckily,' Rex replied sharply.

"I don't consider the way she got away lucky, she killed three of your men and only lost only Aisha Bello to you.' Inspector Rikau countered.

'You're right Inspector,' Rex admitted reluctantly.

'Well, I cannot explain the details of what happened to you because it'll be of no use. But just be calm and assure your friend that she'll be down soon.'

'Who is my friend?' Inspector Rikau snapped. Even though he knew who Rex was referring to, he felt insulted by Rex's lack of respect.

'The Vice President of course, extend my greetings to him.' Rex snapped back and ended the call.

'Hey you! Learn how to talk to elders...' Chief Rikau wanted to rant on but the line had been disconnected. He hissed and exited the dialer in anger. He clicked on it again after remembering that he still had someone else to call. He scrolled down, searching for the NIS' chairman number. He dialed and placed on his ear.

'Good evening sir,' the Inspector General saluted.

'Good evening IG,' the voice responded with great hesitation.

'What's the progress right now?'

'Ermm... I've not been able to speak with him, I guess he was on the field and couldn't pick calls then.'

'Then when should I expect a report?' the Inspector General sounded disappointed.

'I'll call you immediately after I speak with him.'

'Please do, don't forget that His Excellency is willing to reward you handsomely if you do this and will even do more if your organization's input leads to a notable advancement in this case.' Chief Rikau said temptingly.

'I've heard you sir, I'll do everything I can.' the reply came enthusiastically.

_________

'I hear that you're ready to help us fight your boss,' the masked man sitting before Cole said.

Cole was sitting on the floor with with shackles on his hands and legs. He noticed under the light Rex's eyes which were not enclosed under the mask and stared hard for some minutes, trying to identify the person whose face was under the mask.

His eyes were suddenly met with the back of Rex's palm and that sent him into a temporary state of blindness for almost a minute. He regained his vision but it was blur for few more minutes.

'Answer my question before you get yourself into a deeper mess,' Rex threatened.

'Yes, I am ready to help you fight you people fight Samantha Osman.' Cole replied stammering. 'But I gave you the conditions already, if you agree, then we're good to go.'

Rex smiled. He knew Cole thought he was Stainless. 'This is my first time of having a chat with you, so I wasn't the one you made the deal with. Well, I think I have to introduce myself to you first,' Rex said and adjusted his seating position. 'My name is Elvis and I'm out to get your boss, Tarasha. I killed Benny your colleague and did the same to Aisha Bello today, all because I want to get Tarasha and they won't cooperate. I was glad however when Stainless told me about your willingness to help and I'll also l like to work with you but we'll have to change the terms.' Rex paused.

'My parents must not be touched,' Cole stated with emphasis on the word 'must'.

'They'll be released as soon as you agree with my terms,' Rex replied him with a wry smile.

'So what do you want to change in the terms? You don't want to pay me the money I asked for?' Cole questioned, sniffing in as he could now see clearly again.

'No, I want to offer you something bigger.' Rex said temptingly. 'But I'll like to share a background about your boss and myself.'

Cole narrowed his eyes at him and sniffed in again, wondering what the stranger could know about his boss.

'I know you work closely with her on programming, you must have seen some of her secrets but without understanding them because they are coded. Tarasha is from the Nefary Clan, a rival clan to mine, the Villary Clan. Her username should be coded with the keywords Tar__Nef,' he said briefly and paused to see Cole's reaction. 'The Nefary Clan trained her to be who she is while I was trained and I'm a son of the Villary Clan. Well I won't bore you with details but it's important you note that the Nefary Clan broke out of the Villary Clan; most of their operations are copied from the Villary Clan. So I'll like for you to understand that you can't lie to me about her operations,' Rex paused again and have an evil smile. 'With that established, I'll like for you to reconsider your decision and the deal, if you're planning to lie to me, it won't be successful.' Rex stopped as he noticed someone enter behind him.

'I've ordered some boys to keep watch on him,' Stainless said as soon as his eyes met with Rex's.

'Okay,' Rex replied him and turned back to Cole. 'Are you sure you want to join us to fight your boss?' Rex asked again.

'Yes,' Cole answered in an uncertain tone, not knowing whether to believe all what Rex had said or not.

'You're not sure yet, I'll give you an hour to think,' Rex said as he got up and hurried out with Stainless.

_______

Dave watched the security service officers and policemen from his car as they walked in and out of the place. He could have gone closer but for the fear of being recognized by the police or any member of the NIS. He was impatient for the officers to leave so that he could enter into the facility and carry out his own observation. His phone rang and distracted him temporarily from his utmost desire at that moment.

One look at the phone's screen and he let out a deep breath. It was his boss calling, the same whose call had given him the excuse to rush out of Jumoke's house, he totally forgot to return the call.

'Hello sir,' he said in a low tone as he answered.

'How are you doing Dave? I'm been trying to reach you for sometime now,' the caller rapped in quickly.

'I'm fine sir, how about you?'

'I'm fine too,' the caller replied. 'Where are you? I need to see you as soon as possible.'

'Ermm... I'm quite busy now sir. I might not be chanced until next tomorrow,' Dave replied.

'Where are you exactly, I could come to you if need be.' the caller offered.

'There'll be no need for that sir, I'll come to you once I'm less busy.' Dave retorted.

'Dave, where are you?' the caller asked in a stubborn tone.

'Sir, I'm somewhere very far from home. Can't it wait until I'm back?' Dave replied stubbornly, refusing to give out his location.

'Dave, are you somewhere outside planet earth?' his caller replied angrily. 'It's very urgent I see you within twelve hours.'

'That'll be impossible sir, but since you say it's very important, can't we discuss whatever it is on phone?'

'We're not calling on a protected line Dave, don't you have that in mind? Our call details can be retrieved from the network operators, you know.'

'Sir, since it's that serious. I think we should just leave it till next tomorrow.'

'Okay Dave, since you're being stubborn. I order that you report to the office tomorrow morning unfailingly by six, no questions, no arguments.'

'But sir...'

'No questions, no arguments...' the caller repeated in a strong tone.

'Sir, I'm far from there. I can't make it there as early as that.'

'Get yourself here tomorrow, anyhow you can. Goodnight Dave, see you by six in the morning.'

The call ended and Dave heaved a sigh of frustration. All his plans that night had been disrupted by just one call. He opened the message app on his phone and quickly sent a text to Jumoke informing her that he'll be back later than he earlier said.

He stared towards the house again, watching sadly as the security officers rounded up their activities, he couldn't go in to do his personal investigation like he wanted to do anymore. He wished he was a policeman or had the police uniform, he would have just gone that moment to make his investigation. His eyes met with something as he was about looking away, he saw two officers that looked like Agent James and Senior Agent Tim. 'Poor officers,' Dave remarked as he watched the men enter a vehicle.

He shrugged and then placed his finger on the engine switch. He about to push the button when he heard a short tone sound behind him. He glanced back and saw the screen of his tablet device come on. He reached for it and placed it on his laps. He unlocked and then opened swiped down the notification bar. The file from the NSCC app had completed downloaded and that was the notification he got. He clicked on the download box and opened the file. His video player loaded for five seconds and played a DVD selection page. All videos contained were recordings of the activities at the several parts in and outside the house in which Samantha Osman was said to have killed her loyalists, an hour before people began to hear the gunshots to an hour after it seized. After choosing two video options, he finally selected one that caught his attention.

He could see Don who was now late, leaving the gate of the house in focus after attaching something to the inner side. He crossed back the two carriageways and entered into a vehicle that had three other men in it. Then a discussion ensued between the men in the car which Dave couldn't hear. He forwarded the video to the point where three men came out of the car and crossed to the house, being followed behind closely by a man who wore a mask.

Dave paused the video for a moment, wondering why there was no security official around then and no Security camera official to report the suspicious movement. He zoomed the video and observed the first three men who were close to the gate, he discovered that they were the three who died.

He shook his head with a sigh. He had known since he heard the news that not the details were correct. The police had made the report sound and look like Don Dan and Aisha Bello had been in the house before Samantha Osman went in to kill them but from what Dave could see. Samantha Osman and Aisha Bello had been inside all the while, it was Don and three other guys who had come to attack them, the masked one being the leader who was not killed.

He locked his tab and moved it to the back seat tiredly. He wondered why he was being so attached to this, to the point of even trying to refuse an urgent call from his boss which could possibly lead to suspension as punishment or even dismissal from work.

He turned on the car engine and put on his seatbelt. He just had to forget everything about Samantha Osman, the assassinations and even Jumoke for the moment.

_______

'Do you want some more?' Jumoke asked her patient who was now seating on the three seater sofa. The centre table in front of her and she was munching quietly a piece of bread and beans cake and stepping it down with a cup of cold tea. She was putting on her bra and the bum short only, one of the straps of the bra was loosened to give space for the treated and dressed wound at her back.

Bread and bean cakes was what Jumoke had gone to get outside for Dave and herself when she saw a car park by. She thought it was Dave who had returned in a cab, only for her to be disappointed when she saw a lady who came out staggering for balance and looking drunk. She only decided to take a closer view and had discovered that the lady was in quick need of medical attention.

'No, thanks. I'm okay with this, thank you for your hospitality.' Tarasha replied her, trying hard to smile.

'You're welcome miss,' Jumoke replied with mixed feelings. She was scared she has done the wrong thing by helping a criminal and began to think that only way she could right the wrong was by handing the criminal to the police. On a second thought, she realized she would be in trouble when the police asks how she had gotten the instruments used in treating her and why she had not reported to the police immediately.

Tarasha couldn't tell for a certain what was going on in her host's mind but she knew that there was uneasiness.

There was a silence of over two minutes as Tarasha continued to eat until Jumoke spoke. 'Ermm...' she faked a smile. 'I want to get some drugs for you, you need them now since you've lost a lot of blood.' Jumoke concluded and turned to leave.

'Don't go!' Tarasha said sharply. 'Don't inform the police.'

Jumoke turned back in shock, wondering how she knew what was on her mind.

'You'll get yourself in trouble if you do,' Tarasha continued, seeing she had caught her attention. 'Don't you recognize me?' Tarasha asked.

Jumoke moved closer a bit to scan the face but was careful not to move too close, afraid that it was only a ploy to hurt her. A few seconds of studying the face got Jumoke searching her memory desperately to remember where they had met before.

'I brought in Stephanie Williams, Aisha Bello's parents and another couple to your hospital,' Tarasha chipped in.

'Oh!' Jumoke froze for a second as it dawned on her that she had not just helped a notorious criminal but a widely known one at that, Samantha Osman. Her knees began to vibrate at the thought of the trouble she had gotten herself into, wondering if Samantha Osman would let her live.

'You helped me, I won't hurt you.' Tarasha said to ease the tension she noticed had been created. 'I'm grateful to you.'

Jumoke stood still, arguing within herself whether to believe or not. The lady sitting before her did not sound like the Samantha that had been painted to them by the media. She wished that Dave would just come in at that moment, he would be able to handle the situation better since he had even been asking questions about Samantha recently. She began to glance at the door frequently hoping it will just open and Dave will walk in.

'Are you expecting someone?' Tarasha asked after noticing her constant stare at that door.

'Yesss... My boyfriend,' she replied.

'Who is he?' Tarasha asked, staring anxiously at Jumoke's face for an answer. She got none and realized that she probably hadn't understood the question. 'I mean is he a policeman or a security official of any form?'

'No,' Jumoke finally answered.

'Is he spending the night there?' Tarasha looked suddenly alarmed. She would have loved to leave the place immediately but she still felt very weak and had pains around the surface of her wound and her shoulder region which would not allow her carry her bag comfortably.

'He could,' she replied.

'Can you call him to find out where he is?' Tarasha asked. Their eyes met and Jumoke quickly looked away. She walked cautiously to the table and picked her phone, she stepped back before operating it.

'Oh! He's not returning tonight,' she said after seeing the text message. 'He sent a text,' she quickly added when she saw Tarasha staring at her looking unconvinced. She dropped the phone on the table for Tarasha to read the message and stepped back.

Tarasha picked up the phone and confirmed the message, she heaved a sigh of relief.

'I still need something from you,' Tarasha spoke after another moment of silence. Jumoke was quiet. 'Can I pass the night here? I'll be gone before you wake up tomorrow morning,' Tarasha offered.

Jumoke heart skipped a beat as she considered it, not that she could refused anyway but the request still got her panicking. She cursed Dave in her heart, this was the time she needed him most but he was nowhere to be found as usual.

'You can refuse if you want to, I'll gladly take my leave, you've done enough for today.' Tarasha quickly offered on seeing her dilemma.

'No, you can stay.' Jumoke finally found her voice.

'Thank you but there's still one thing left.'

'What's that?'

'Can you drive?'

Stephanie could feel his palm squeeze hers warmly. She could scent his perfume and hear his voice but she couldn't open her eyes to welcome him as she would have loved to. She was determined to follow Dave's instructions and see the outcome.

'When will she wake up?' she could hear Agent James ask someone.

'I don't know for sure but you'll be able to talk to her tomorrow.' a doctor replied her.

'Are you sure that drug would not affect her brain or do any damage to her?' Her heart skipped a beat as she heard agent James ask the question. He had just partially confirmed what Dave told her.

She hoped Agent James wasn't part of the ploy for her to lose part of her memory? That would get her angry and at the same time disappointed. He had always her protector while he was in Lagos. People who knew how close they were argued that there was something between the two of them.

'I believe the doctor who was on duty should have explained to you already,' the doctor spoke.

'Yes, it won't affect her in any negative way.' Inspector Mac's voice sounded. 'Can we take our leave now?' he said impatiently, seeing the way Agent James was attached to Stephanie.

'We'll be back tomorrow morning,' Agent James said and released her palm.

'Agent sir,' James received a call from Agent Tim on his way to the car in the hospital garage with Inspector Mac.

'As usual Samantha had her face disguised again but we're tracing the cab she joined. The mysterious guy who was with Don and co disappeared without the cameras capturing how he left but the vehicle he came with was left behind.'

'So what's the next step now sir?'

'Connect with the office as they try to locate the cab. The Inspector General has asked us to ignore the mysterious man. He's an Agent of the NIS who is acting an undercover.'

Read more parts on www.youngicee.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 10:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
Welldone to you cos you're really trying here. I can't type half of dat. hish

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by ernesty20(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2017
Alennsar:
Welldone to you cos you're really trying here. I can't type half of dat. hish
shatap.. What is hard in there?

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2017
ernesty20:
shatap.. What is hard in there?

I know Wat your problem is man "you're so much inlove with this story and you're desperate to know the end of it" . grin

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by ernesty20(m): 10:47am On Apr 20, 2017
Alennsar:

I know Wat your problem is man "you're so much inlove with this story and you're desperate to know the end of it" . grin
i am no longer interested in the story, if you must know.
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 20, 2017
Oyin thank you oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by mofy1(f): 11:10am On Apr 20, 2017
ernesty20:
But how come u sleep,eat and wake here. IRANU.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by ernesty20(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2017
mofy1:

But how come u sleep,eat and wake here. IRANU.
how do you mean? Do people sleep on nairaland again?
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2017
Oyinprince:
oh! When was that?
Easter Sunday

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by missuniverse(f): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
ernesty20:
smiles
u remind me of PoliticalThuG...

do u know him?
or are u him?

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Chumzypinky(f): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
ernesty20:
If i be this prince i go quit writing ... Now check this out, chumzypinky started her story - TRADITION this year, the story has reached 75 pages still counting... Now this lazy boy full of excuses started tarasha2 since last year, it is still on 15 pages... Now tell me why i no go vex... Mtchwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
dont try mentioning my name when you have nothing important to say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Chumzypinky(f): 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2017
missuniverse:
smiles u remind me of PoliticalThuG...
do u know him? or are u him?
funny. They are the same person

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2017
ernesty20:
Must U Be Interested If U Are Nt Interested Move Out 4rm Diz Thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Chapter 6 Part 3

_____

'Hold on,' Tarasha said in whispers as she pulled Jumoke to hide with her behind the shadow formed by the sogboard of a mall. She watched two vehicles drive past at the other carriageway before coming out of the shadow.

'Arghhh...' she winced in pain as she stepped back into the road with Jumoke staring at her like a mysterious being.

'That was the police, they are going for the vehicle we just dropped off.' Tarasha explained to her, referring to the two cars that had just passed by. That was the first time since the last forty five minutes that Tarasha would explain any action to her.

They had come out of Jumoke's apartment forty five minutes ago, with Tarasha holding with her a tablet device which she took from her backpack and her smaller phone in her pocket. Jumoke had given her an open-back top to put on and a freer pair of shorts. Tarasha had given her the key to the taxi and sat at the passengers side, asking to start driving without telling her any participation destination. Jumoke was already scared and was vibrating all over when she drove for over twenty minutes without Tarasha asking her to stop or turn into anywhere. Tarasha ignored all her questions and concentrated on her tablet device for the twenty minutes drive. It was after she finished what she was doing on the device that she paid attention to the road. Tarasha waited until they got to a dark place and asked that the car be brought to an halt. Jumoke already began to confess her sins under her breath and also say her last prayers, thinking that Tarasha had brought her there to kill and dump her body. She had seen some very small knives attached neatly to Tarasha's undies before and thought that was the instrument that was going to be used to cause her death. Tarasha ordered her to step out and also came out of the car. Then she said it was time to find a taxi which would take them back to Jumoke's apartment. They couldn't find any that was willing to go that distance and began to walk down slowly, hoping to get a good Samaritan who would help them back. It was while they were returning that Jumoke realized that all Tarasha wanted to do was to drop the car far off.

A taxi finally came their way and agreed to take them to their destination at a fairly good price. Tarasha and Jumoke entered into the backseat and sat quietly as the driver drove down the road.

'Can I use that please?' Tarasha requested, pointing to her tab which Jumoke was holding. Jumoke quickly handed it to her and maintained the distance between them at the backseat. 'How much did it cost you to treat me?' Tarasha asked after two minutes of silence.

'Ermm... I didn't really have to buy anything. I had some of them at home before and I recently renewed some of the drugs from a pharmacy.'

'How much are you paid when you treat people?'

'I don't treat such cases,' Jumoke replied.

Tarasha stared at her for some seconds while Jumoke looked away fearfully.

'Are you scared of me?' Tarasha asked.

'Scared? Oh no,' Jumoke lied in a shaky voice. Even her knew Tarasha couldn't be convinced with the shakiness of her voice as she spoke.

'Then how can you have those instruments at home if you don't treat such cases?'

'I do treat such cases, what I mean is that I don't do them frequently.'.

'Okay, how much do you charge when you do?'

'I don't charge anyone,' she said.

'So you remove metals...' Tarasha paused in cautiousness of the cab driver with them. 'You remove metals free from anyone and everyone's body?'.

'No, you're the second person I'll do this for. My boyfriend used to be the reason I had those things at home. He comes back with wounds like broken bottles in the flesh and I have to get it out it.' Jumoke said without thinking.

'What job does your boyfriend do?' Tarasha asked again.

'Here, please.' Jumoke said to the driver of the cab as they got to their destination. She paid him and hurried out of the car, trying to evade Tarasha's question.

Tarasha followed closely behind as much as her strength could carry her, she noticed Jumoke's effort to avoid the discussion and decided to stop the questioning.

_________

___Abuja___

The day was still dark. Agent JD or DJ as he was fondly called by colleagues drove down the road in a normal speed. He pushed the button on the remote control as he got closer to the 'Yellow House'. The Yellow House which is the headquarters of the SSS is located on the northern edge of the three-arms zone on Aso drive in Maitama, Abuja.

The gate opened automatically and he drove in, driving past the first three buildings to a parking space behind the third building. He hurried out of the car and found his way through the back of the third building.

--National Intelligence Service Headquarters--

6:05am

He walked hastily down the hallway of the underground building and turned into another hallway, the door to the last room opened as he moved closer.

'Good morning sir,' he greeted as he entered the large office and approached the table.

'Agent James David, you are nine minutes late.' the chairman said without looking up.

Agent Dave stood still and remained silent.

'You never wanted to answer my call, why?' the chairman asked, this time staring to straight into Dave's eyes.

'I didn't want to abort the mission, I was at a very delicate stage.' he replied in a composed manner.

'But I called you, you should know I won't call you if the reason for the call is not more important than the mission itself.' the chairman queried.

'I'm sorry sir,' Dave apologized bowing his head slightly.

'You should be sorry for yourself,' the chairman barked and stared at him from head to toe with a look of contempt. He rested his back in the swivel, placing a finger on his lip in a thoughtful manner. 'I want you to give me a comprehensive report of the mission till date, starting from the day you took the job to this minute.' the chairman ordered.

Dave narrowed his eyes questioningly, he stared at the chairman for a while. 'But I've been submitting the reports to Agent Wasiu, weekly and monthly.' he argued.

'I've got everything you submitted to Agent Wasiu already, but those ones are summaries. I want you to prepare a comprehensive report, I'll give you three days to do that,' the chairman said conclusively.

'Si.. sir?' Dave stammered as if he didn't hear what the chairman said.

'You heard me right Dave,' he said in a strong tone, staring at him with raised high brows.

'Are you withdrawing me from the case sir?' Dave asked boldly.

The Chairman stared at him thinly and rested his back in the chair again. 'Some of the case terms working have been changed and you don't appear to be the type that can work with the new terms.

Agent Dave couldn't believe his ears. It was the first time there would be a trial to withdraw him from a case. He had been in the Agency for only few years but had cracked hard cases and never failed at any. His success in the past cases had qualified his team to be chosen for this. His team leader, Agent Wasiu always picked him to play the front role and he had never failed in delivering at the right time.

Agent Dave began to work on the case after the failed assassination attempt on the Vice President's life. He was interviewed and employed at the NSCC as a replacement for Evelyn after she mysteriously disappeared. Agent Dave had since been following Samantha Osman's possible movements and was the man monitoring the gate of the venue of the Inspector General's grandchild's naming from the betting shop.

'And what are the new terms for the case?' Agent Dave asked after a long moment of silence.

The chairman was reluctant to answer. He leaned forward and heaved a sigh, 'You have to report weekly to me and share all evidences.'

'Sir?' Dave eyes shone in shock.

'You heard what I said Dave, prepare a comprehensive report and sign out of the case.' The Chairman said in a strong tone.

'But that's against our working conditions sir,' Dave argued. 'It stops to be a secret case when a report other than an encoded one is given and the evidences been shared to a person who's not a member of the team.' Dave argued.

'So who's asking you to share any evidence with someone who's not a member of the team?'

'Sir, you are not a member of the team.'

'Hehe,' the man chuckled and shook his head. 'You think you know the Agency's working terms more than I do right?'

'It's not that sir...'

'Just keep quiet,' the chairman cut in. 'Sign out, you're handing over the case immediately.'the chairman said conclusively and picked his pen. He opened a jotter and began to scribble something down.

'Who am I handing over to?'

'We don't know yet until Agent Wasiu signs it off to another team.'

'But why will Agent Wasiu do that?'

'Why wouldn't he?' the chairman shot an angry look at him. 'The other option he has is to dismiss you from his team and that'll mean demotion for you.' he said and continued to write.

'But I've done nothing to deserve that,' Dave argued.

'And I think that's why he's considering leaving you with him. This offer would fetch him a lot of money and any other Agent who complies. It's only because he's fond of you he's not dismissing you.'

'Money?' Dave's eyes widened again in surprise. 'You never told me about the money involved.'

'You don't accept such, that has been our experience with you. I remember you exposed a minister three years ago and a former governor a year ago when they offered you money to alter your operation.'

Dave sighed and stared blankly to the window behind the man. He knew that the Vice President must be at work again. His investigations have revealed to him several of the Vice President's secrets and how the man was desperate to kill Samantha Osman. He knew from then on that Samantha wasn't just an Assasin but had a connection with the Vice President's past.The Vice President must have offered the NIS chairman a lot of money so as to use the information from the NIS like he was doing with the information from the police in his personal pursuit of Samantha Osman.

'Sir,' Dave called after some minutes of silence. The chairman turned his gaze to him, raising an eyebrow. 'I think I can agree to the terms,' he stated and the chairman stirred in shock

'You can agree?'

'Yes sir, but I need to know how much will get to me from this.'

'You'll get nothing less than five million naira.'

'Oh!' Dave exclaimed and a smile gradually appeared on his face as he thought of what he could use the money for. 'I agree, I work with the terms.'

'Wow! Excellent,' the chairman exclaimed with a broad smile on his face. He stretched out his hand to Dave for an handshake and Dave reached out for it. 'I always knew you are the best for the job. From the coded reports I see, the case has made a lot of progress since it was transferred to your team.'

Dave bowed in respect as he shook the man's hand warmly.

Read Parts 4 - 8 on www.youngicee.com

_________
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
Chapter 6 Part 4

Jumoke couldn't find Tarasha when she woke up. Tarasha had disappeared from the apartment completely with her bag without leaving anything behind. There was nothing suggesting that someone had left the apartment that morning as the doors were firmly locked from inside and the lock was still intact. There was only one person who leaves her house that way, Dave. Though he claimed to have a spare key to her lock, Jumoke had never seen it with him on any occasion. She thought for a moment that Dave could be a Assasin like Samantha Osman. Dave's movements were always suspicious and he had no sensible explanation for them. But the difference was that he had gotten into the hands of the police several times but was always released under twelve hours.

Jumoke slipped off her night down and undies as she reached for her towel. She needed to have a quick bath even though she wasn't rushing anywhere, it was her off day at the hospital. She fastened the towel around her chest and walked into the bathroom. As she entered, she noticed that Tarasha had taken her bath before leaving.

It took her some few minutes to finish her bath. She wiped her body dry as much as possible with the towel and flung it to the bed. Her eyebrows gathered together as her eyes met with something beside the point the towel landed. She moved closer slowly and picked up the piece of paper which had a short message written on it. It read, 'Erase me and whatever you saw about me completely off your mind.'

Her heart skipped a beat as she read it, she squeezed the paper in her hand and dropped it.

_________

8.34am

~CityGate Hospital

The sounds of people entering into the ward was what woke Stephanie the next morning. She opened and closed her eyes again, Dave's instruction echoing in her head again.

She sat up and stared about the place with a confused look on her face, then she placed her gaze to the men marching towards her.

'Steph,' James was first to speak among the men.

She stared at him thinly. 'How did I get here?' she directed her question to James.

'It's okay Steph, are you feeling very okay now?' James replied purposely ignoring her question.

She refused to respond to his remarks and faced the doctor who was turning to the other side of the bed.

'Miss, you were kidnapped by a group of bandits and you were rescued by the police some days ago,' the doctor gave an explanation. 'Don't you remember how they kidnapped you?'

Stephanie stared away from the doctor's face back to James as if to confirm if what the doctor said was true.

James took in a deep breath and held her palm in his, without saying a word.

'You must have hit your neck on something hard and that's why you have that at the back of your neck,' the doctor said pointing to the bandage part on her neck. 'You also hit your head against something and that's responsible for you not remembering easily but I believe that you'll remember everything soon.'

'Inspector James, is the true? Was I really kidnapped?' she turned to James.

'Yes, you were. Don't you remember at all?' James narrowed his look in pretense.

Stephanie looked away from him again to the doctor, then she scanned the faces of the other men in the ward. She lingered for more on meeting Inspector Mac's eyes, he didn't look convinced that she had really lost her memory. She moved her gaze away to the others and finally rested it on James' face. She could recognize them all except one, Agent Tim but she continued acting the 'script' Dave had given her.

'Can I go home now?'

'No miss,' the doctor was the one who answered. 'We still have to keep you for some hours or days more.'

'Natashay tried to reach you some hours ago,' some cut in. It was Inspector Mac, he pushed his way forward until he got face to face with Stephanie. 'She tried to reach you but we stopped her,' Inspector Mac added.

Stephanie almost fell for the trap and wanted to challenge him for stopping Natashay from reaching her, then she remembered Dave's conversation with her and how he warned her that questions could come in a tricky manner.

'Who is Natashay?' she finally replied like an ignoramus to the disappointment of Inspector Mac.

'She's fine now,' he said, nodding his head while staring at her face and stepping back slowly.

'The medications worked,' the doctor said flashing his teeth.

'Worked well enough not to have a side effect,' James commented.

8.42pm

'Good morning Cole, you seem to have rested well overnight' Rex remarked as he walked into the room where Cole was sleeping on the floor. He was putting on different clothes from the one he had on the day before but he still had chains on his hands and feet.

He struggled to sit up and rested his back against the wall while Rex drew a short stool and sat on it.

'I instructed them to allow you have a bath yesterday night and ensure you have a nice supper, hope they took to my instructions?' Rex asked.

Cole found himself staring at the eyes behind the mask again but quickly cautioned himself on remembering what happened the last time he was caught. He nodded his head in response to Rex' question.

'I did all that to give you enough strength to think and come up with a good decision,' Rex said and smiled wryly. 'Now I want to know if you're ready to work with us.' he stopped and folded his arm, staring at Cole's face for an answer.

'You said you're offering me something better, I need to know what the deal is before I agree to work with you.' Cole replied, trying his best to sound confident.

'I wanted to put you on a salary but I changed my mind since your services would only be needed on short term.' Rex said. 'I'll pay you double of what you agreed with Stainless if you provide helpful information for us.'

'What about my parents?' Cole asked.

'They're safe and sound,' Rex answered briefly.

'Have they been released?'

'They will be, after the completion of the deal.' Rex answered.

'Hmm...' Cole frowned, he wasn't happy about the condition. 'How am I sure you'll do as you say?'

'You don't need to be sure, you just have no choice than to accept it because they won't be better off if you don't. They'll probably get skinned alive,' Rex said in an evil tone to annoy Cole.

Cole clenched his fists in anger, shooting a furious look at Rex. 'I'm in,' he snarled.

'You're in?' Rex gave an evil smile and rose up slowly. He chuckled as he wiped his lips with his finger. 'Your parents die the day you try to play smart and the rest of the deal will be terminated.' Rex said in a concluding tone and was about to turn out.

'Excuse me, I have a request.' Cole called him back. Rex stopped at the door and turned slowly.

'When are you going to take this off my hands and legs?' Cole asked, referring to the chains. 'I'm working with you now,' he added with a raised eyebrow.

'It'll be only taken off when you need to work, ' Rex answered him.

Cole felt disappointed and his shoulders dropped. Rex was about to turn back to the door when he made another request. 'I want to get part of the payment before we proceed.'

'You said you have just a request,' Rex snarled at him.

'I think this second one is more important,' Cole replied.

'You'll have half payment,' Rex said and opened the door. 'I'll be back in one hour,' he added and slammed the door behind him.

Cole heaved a heavy sigh as Rex walked out. This was his death and the death of his parents staring at his face and the only way he could stop it was by betraying Tarasha.

_________

11am

Dressed in a pull over with the hood covering his head and his cap still worn under, Henry noticed a taxi stop in front of the gate. He stopped and watched from where he was. A lady with Omotara's stature stepped out of the cab and waited till the cab drove away before proceeding towards the gate. She looked left, right and back before sliding in her card. The gate opened for her and she worked in.

Henry was sure it was Omotara but he was surprised because he wasn't expecting her to return so soon and without any notice. She didn't even come with anybody or any bag, all she had in her hand was her tablet device.

He hurried to the gate and also slid his card into the lock, he hurried in with the polythene bag which contained the breakfast he had gone to get.

Omotara was already seated on a stool in the living room when he entered, she had taken off her jacket and was taking off her inner singlet as he approached her slowly from behind.

'Where did you go?' she startled him with a question.

He stopped and rushed in a short breath. 'I... I went to get breakfast,' he finally said after stammering for few seconds.

'What about your pullover and cap? Why take them off so quickly?' she added two more questions.

'Ermm...' Henry stammered again wondering how she knew what he was putting on before he entered. He had taken them

'I saw you when I stepped out of the taxi,' she spoke as if she could read his mind, flashing a look at him.

For the first time, Henry noticed the dressed wound at her back. He moved closer in concern, temporarily forgetting that she had asked him a question.

'What happened to you?' he asked, watching her while she tore off the wound dress. He saw the bare surface of the wound and stared keenly, he'd never such before but he knew at once that it must be a bullet wound.

'There's a box in my room, by the left side of my bed. Can you get it for me please?' she asked humbly, stretching forth her key to him.

Henry was slow in collecting the key as his gaze was still fixed on the wound. He took it with shaky hands and returned to the living room two minutes later with a small rectangular box.

'Thank you,' she said as he dropped it in front of her and squatted, staring deep into her eyes.

'How did you get shot?' he asked her in l low tones.

She stopped at opening the box and stared back at him. 'How do people get shot?' her calm tone changed into an unfriendly one. 'A gun was fired and the bullet entered into my back.'

'I mean who shot you and how did it happen?' Henry asked, refusing to take offence even though he knew she wanted to deliberately offend him.

'Henry, what do you need those details for?' she asked, staring at his face.

'Well, I just wanted to know.' he shrugged.

She stared at his face for some seconds and then stared blankly at the wall. 'I was shot by the same person who killed Aisha,' she returned her gaze to his face. Her eyes was clouded with tears, 'She took the bullets for me and died in my stead.'

'And who was the person?' Henry asked with so much compassion in his voice.

'His face was masked, I didn't see it.' she replied and sniffed in after.

Henry placed his knees on the ground and held her face in his hands, a tear rolled down her left cheek and she pushed his hand away to wipe it off.

'Can you help me dress the wound? I had to remove the other because it was dirty.' she requested from him.

'I don't really know how to do that, he replied, getting up from his knee.

'Just follow my instructions and do all I say, ' she replied. She opened the box and began to take out all that was needed for dressing the wound.

______

11.10am

Cole had been allowed to take his morning bath and had been served breakfast. A chair, table and mattress was taken into the room he slept but he still had the chains on his hands and feet even though he was seated on the table. Everything around was boring to him. Except for the fate of his parents, he felt like dying instead of betraying Tarasha. But he became more scared as he thought of what had befallen Aisha and why they killed her. Maybe she tried to play smart also. Or maybe Rex was lying and Aisha was safe and sound.

His mind was filled with thoughts and different questions. He had noticed the reduction in the number of boys around the house and the absence of Don. For a moment, he thought that Tarasha's presence could have caused the absence of Don and the other boys but his uncertainty about it left him undecided as to whether to betray Tarasha or just hold on till she comes to his rescue.

Cole was distracted from his thoughts as the door flipped open. Rex came in, dressed in shiny black jacket and pants. He walked straight to where Cole was seated and took out a key from his pocket. He unlocked the chains from Cole's hands and legs.

'It's time to work,' he said as he dropped the chains on the floor and stepped back. 'Follow me.'

Cole stood up and stretched, he felt so free now that his movement was unrestrained with the chains but still felt enslaved because he now had to obey Elvis' order.

Read Parts 5 - 9 on www.youngicee.com
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by do4luv14(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Feed me more! Feed me more!! Feed me more!!!,

nice update guy,

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by therealbabe(f): 6:21am On Apr 27, 2017
Yaay! Happy Birthday Oyinprince. More ink to your pen. Enjoy!
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by queenitee(f): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Thank you Oyinprince and Happy Birthday

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Angelsit(f): 8:24am On Apr 27, 2017
Birthdays are a new start, a fresh beginning, and a time to pursue new endeavors with new goals. Move forward with confidence and courage. You’re a very special person. May today and all of your days be amazing!
Happy Birthday Oyinprince.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Audrinakane(f): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2017
Wow... Happy birthday to one of the most intellectual, creative and amazing writer. God bless you so much and grant you your heart desires. Long life and prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by do4luv14(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2017
Woah!!! Hapi birthday man WULLNP cheers

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
happy birthday oyinprince . LLNP

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by bentube(f): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
happy birthday oyinprice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by ifeyemi200(f): 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
Happy Birthday oyinprince, the prolific writer who leaves me asking for more! Greater you in Jesus name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Rukkydelta(f): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Interesting
Can't wait for the next update but I got to wait
Happy birthday oyin wishing you the best

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by plainmirror(m): 7:08am On Apr 29, 2017
Oyinprince my BD mate.
27th of April

Happy Birthday!
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Jsaviour(f): 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
I love the story, keep it coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 4:17am On Apr 30, 2017
Thank you all for the birthday wishes
plainmirror:
Oyinprince my BD mate.
27th of April

Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday man
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 4:20am On Apr 30, 2017
CHAPTER 6 Part 5

'Why didn't you pick my calls or reply my messages?' Henry asked after a long time of silence. Omotara's wound had been redressed, she had her bra worn halfway and the black trousers she took from Jumoke's wardrobe.

Henry was seated on the one seater sofa facing Omotara directly, with less than one metre distance between them.

She placed her gaze on his face on hearing his question, her eyebrows were raised and an angry look formed on her face. 'Why should I reply your messages when you were busy searching everywhere in the house, even the places you knew you had no business with?'

Henry stared at her in shock for a while. He expected that she would know somehow that he accessed the hidden files on the system but he couldn't still understand the reason for his shock. Maybe it was the way she presented or how early she did, he couldn't ascertain.

'I didn't search everywhere; all I worked on were the files available on the system.' Henry finally found his voice and tried to come up with an excuse.

'Those files were hidden, you had to break through the security before you could access them.'

'Yes, I did but I did not tamper with anything there.'

'But why did you have to?' she asked, getting up to her feet. She picked her bag in one hand and the box in another. 'What do you intend to achieve? You want to sell me out?' she slammed angrily and began to walk away.

'Tara, how could you think I'll ever sell you out?' he followed her immediately.

'No need for this,' she stopped and turned to him. Henry took the box from her as it almost fell with the way she turned. She eyed him and continued. 'I'm in no mood for arguments now, what I need now is to rest more.' she turned and continued to walk towards her room. Henry followed behind slowly with the box.

'I'm sorry, ' Henry apologized after they got to the door. She turned to him and gave him a dry look without speaking. 'I was just curious,' he added.

She eyed him and pushed the door open. He followed behind and went straight to drop the box at the same place he took it from. She was already undressing when he turned, she had taken off her bra and was pulling down her pants. Henry turned his back quickly to her as his eyes met with her bare butt.

She threw the clothes towards the other end of the bed and turned back towards Henry's direction. She walked past him and entered into her bathroom, leaving the door open. Henry turned again to the other side even though he wasn't facing the open bathroom door directly.

'I'll just stay out, I'll make something for you to eat.' Henry said and proceeded hurriedly towards the door.

He stopped as he touched the door knob, he thought he heard his name but he wasn't sure. He listened for some seconds before turning the knob. He heard his name again. 'You called me?' he asked from where he stood.

'Yes. Ermm... I wanted you to help me with something but just leave it for now. You can go,' she replied.

Her reply was followed by the slam of the door.

_________

For hours, Stephanie silently awaited the return of Dave. She stared eagerly at the door anytime she heard footsteps approaching and would hope the door will open and Dave would come in but the footsteps would just fade away the same way they started. But as the activities and noise at that section of the hospital increased, she could no longer hear when someone was approaching any longer

Exactly by 12:13pm, she saw the knob turn and in came a doctor and two nurses. She hissed in disappointment and turned her face away. The doctor and nurses proceeded towards her and stopped at her bedside.

'Good afternoon miss,' the doctor greeted. She recognized his voice as the voice of the young doctor who had been in charge of her from the start.

'Good afternoon doctor,' she turned her face to them and replied the greeting. The doctor was smiling at her when she turned but she felt betrayed by the smile. He looked and behaved like someone who meant well but was conniving with the police to carry out illegal activities.

'You don't look too happy today,' the doctor remarked.

She stared directly at his face as her eyebrows gathered together. 'You're just meeting me for the first time, so how do you know my happy look?' she asked dryly.

'Oh!' he blinked, remembering now that she had been drugged and wasn't going to remember his face. 'I've been the doctor in charge of treating you since they brought you here.'

'Who brought me here?' she cut in.

He stared at her carefully for some seconds before answering. 'The police,' he finally said.

'They said I was kidnapped.'

'Yes, you were.'

'And I was in coma for how many days?' she asked in an investigative tone.

'Just three days,' the doctor answered with a frown. There was a brief silence.

'Your mother called, she would arrive today and you'll be discharged when she comes.' the doctor said.

'Oh!' a smile appeared on her face but faded away slowly. 'But why haven't I been allowed to speak with her?'

'You just came became conscious this morning, remember?'

'Oh! Thats true!' she faked a smile.

'Now, sit up right so that you can take you drugs.' he said calmly and motioned the nurse standing by his left to step forward.

_________

Cole followed slowly behind Rex with Stainless closely behind. He looked around the building as they walked down the passageway. Their drive to the place had been in total silence. He was made to sit at the front seat with Stainless who was driving while Rex sat at the backseat and busied himself with his device all through the drive.

They entered a large and expensively decorated living room. The first thing Cole's eyes met was the picture of the Inspector General hung on the wall and his wife's beside. The picture of President Emeka and the governor of Lagos State was also hung on the adjacent wall. Cole kept his eyes on Inspector General's picture as they walked on, his mind filled with anger and hatred for the man. They walked into another passageway and Rex stopped at the second door by the left side, he opened and it revealed another passageway. They had to walk for a minute more before they got to their destination, a large room with about ten flat screen computers at the middle and large wall inbuilt screens at both long walls. The computers were arranged on two long desks which had comfortable metal chairs behind each set, five computers on each row and each row facing a different screen.

'Come in,' Rex ushered both of them in after entering. He held the door by the handle and stepped aside until they entered, he locked the door and proceeded towards the computers. He turned to the wall end and switched on a socket which powered the connection to the plugs. He also turned on air conditioner before he walked back to the first computer on the first row and switched on the CPU and monitor. He gestured for Cole to take the next seat beside him and turn on the computer while Stainless took the next after Cole without turning on any computer set.

'You have to fill a form first, then we're going to start with blinding Tarasha's eyes,' Rex began while they waited for the computers to finish booting.

Cole's heart skipped a beat as he heard Rex' words, he wondered what Rex meant by blinding Tarasha's eyes by he knew he was talking about incapacitating her in a way. The thought of being among Tarasha's enemy began to make his head pound heavily and his heartbeat increased.

'Do you understand what I mean by that?' Rex asked, turning to him.

'No, I do not.' Cole replied, nodding his head sideways.

'Okay,' Rex chuckled and tapped a key on the keyboard. He turned back to Cole, 'I want us to cut off all processes which she uses to see, I mean every facility she has in place by which she can use to monitor the Security forces, her environment and her targets.' He explained.

A deep frown appeared on Cole's face as his headache increased. He still didn't understand what Rex meant exactly.

Rex gave a wry smile. 'For example,' he paused and took in a short deep breath, staring into Cole's eyeballs directly. 'We paralyze all her networks, redirect her signals, cut off her connection with the NSCC and Security cameras, just to mention a few of what we'll do.' Rex ended with a wicked smile.

Cole began to sweat profusely and his already increased heartbeat doubled it's speed. It just dawned on him that he had agreed to something very difficult and dangerous. He had never thought that that request could be made, it only meant that Elvis - Rex as he introduced himself - was an evil genius to think of that and that there were several other more to come. He felt as if he was going to have an heart attack as Rex stared straight into his eyes, waiting for his reply. He felt like refusing loudly at that moment but the thought of his parents safety would not allow him to.

'You look baffled,' Rex stated, narrowing his look as his eyes moved from Cole's head to toe and he saw the shakiness and uneasiness. Rex got up and shifted his chair backwards, 'I knew you never knew what you were getting into before you agreed, that's why I've not paid you yet.' he said, walking away from behind the chair. 'So I'll give you another opportunity now. I'll pay you part of the money right here if you want to continue with the deal but if you do not, we'll have to force some information out from you like we did to Benny and Aisha before their death.'

'You can't force out any information from me by torture, I prefer to die than giving out an information I'm not ready to give. So don't threaten me with torture,' Cole put up defensively.

Rex stared at his face mockingly, he chuckled a bit and then burst into uncontrollable laughter. 'A big fool you are,' he cursed. 'I don't need to torture you to make you talk. I didn't torture Ben before he told us your location, all we'll do is get a mixture into your blood cells and you'll willingly tell us all you need.' he said and laughed loudly again while Cole stared at him confused. He suddenly stopped laughing and stared straight to Cole's face again, 'Are you working with us or not?'

'I need to see my parents and also confirm if Aisha is dead first,' Cole stated.

'Oh! You don't believe me,' Rex said mockingly again. 'Well, I knew you come to this.' he sat back on the chair. 'Your parents are not far away from here but you won't be allowed to see them.'

'Then how do I confirm that they are still safe where they are?' Cole asked. That was all he really wanted to know, he wasn't too interested in facing them as he didn't have an explanation to make for his long absence and didn't think he would be able to face the guilt of being a bad son that'll overcome him when they speak to him.

'I'll go there and send some video messages with them from there,' Rex replied. 'Would you be okay with that?'

'Yes,' Cole accepted, having no other choice. 'But I'll like for both of them to speak in the video.'

'You mean you want them to say something to you?'

'No,' Cole replied sharply, his eyes shone at Rex. ' I don't want them to hear about me for now, until everything is done.'

'So I shouldn't send your greetings to them?'

'No, don't!' Cole snapped with a frown.

'Oh!'

'All I need you to do is get my dad's account number for me.'

'Hmm...' Rex grinned and got up. He walked to the back of a computer set and took out a chain from a bag on the floor. He returned to Cole and bent before Cole.

Cole stretched his legs and hands towards him, knowing that the chains were brought to bind him.

'I'm sorry friend, I've got to do this since the deal has not started yet. I wouldn't want you to give this guy any problem, ' Rex said to Cole, referring to stainless as the guy.

______

'I like the taste of this tea,' Omotara remarked as she took another sip of the warm tea.

'Oh! It's good you like it,' Henry smiled. Seated at the other end of the dining and watching her as she ate at the other side

The silence between them was maintained until she finished eating.

'We have a lot of work to do,' Tara said as she opened a nylon of drugs.

'Work? I thought you wanted to rest,' Henry replied.

'I would not really like to rest now but I'll have to, one of these drugs here will ensure I sleep for the next f three hours.' she replied.

Henry took a minute to stare at her nylon of drugs and watched as she put some pills in her palm and poured into her mouth. 'I think self medication is dangerous, why don't you visit a clinic?'

She paused and gave him an awkward look before swallowing another set of pills. 'Where do I tell the doctors I got the bullet wound from?' she asked after dropping the glass cup of water.

Henry was silent.

'Besides, I wouldn't need their medications for anything except the first aid. They give drugs that'll make the body recover better and healthier but the same drugs would slow me down for days.'

'I don't understand. You prefer not to recover properly just because the right drugs are going to make you less active for some days?'

'I don't have any hour or minute to waste, Cole is still with the enemy and I don't know what they might have done to him. Something could happen while the drugs are putting me to rest,' she explained.

'But I still think you should take a break, you narrowly escaped death and instead of you to rest and recover, you're talking about work immediately.'

'There's no rest for an assasin,' Tara replied him, looking at him briefly while she arranged the drugs back into the nylon.

Henry was silent for the next two minutes. He only spoke again when he sensed that Tara was about getting up. 'Tara, do you really want to be an assasin all your life?'

'Do I have an option?' she asked, raising a side of her lips.

'I told you before that you can change and live your life to helping the world become a better place,' Henry said.

'Come on, spare me that talk Henry.' she said with a frown. 'I've tried to do that before but it failed even before I started. You know it won't work for me.'

'So you mean you still want to continue with this even after you narrowly escaped death?'

'I didn't escape death,' she corrected. 'Someone took the bullets for me.'

'The same way somebody died for you thousands of years ago, so that you can live and enjoy your life.'

'Come on, stop that. I don't want to hear it anymore,' she said tiredly, determined to stop the conversation. She yawned.

Henry stood up from his seat and moved to the one closer to her. 'Why don't you do this for your brother? Uncle Jeffery. He wanted you to be happy, you know.'

'Yes but he's dead now and he can't see me happy anymore,' she said and paused to look at his face. 'He always wanted something too ; he wanted the killers of our parents to be judged and I'll make sure I do that after killing his own murderers.'

'But you're also endangering your life,' Henry said in a pleading tone.

'An assasin doesn't have a life, we're born to kill or die while trying to kill.'

'So you don't care if you die?'

'I only care that the murderers of my parents and brothers would go unpunished,' she stated flatly.

'And you don't think you'll be punishing others with your death?'

Tara stopped for a second to ponder on his question. 'And who would I be punishing?'

'You'll be punishing Aisha who took the bullets because she believed in you being alive and you'll be punishing others who are living because you are.'

Tara remained silent.

'Just think about Aisha. She was desperate to save her parents, she was desperate to see them happy again and she was determined to remain alive herself but all that determination seized when she saw the bullets coming to you. She gave up all her dreams to allow you keep yours.'

Tara remained quiet still. She yawned again and a tear rolled down her cheek.

'You need to live Tara, you need to remain alive for all those that believe in you. You need to...' Henry stopped on seeing her place her head on the table, she had dozed off.

He heaved a sigh and rested his back. She raised her head up again and stared at him briefly with sleepy eyes. She placed her forehead back on her arm which she was on the table.

'Why don't you go in?' he asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. There was no answer. 'Tara, Tara, Tara...'He called but there was no response. He sighed and folded his arms. He agreed in his mind that the drugs must have made her sleep as he knew she wasn't a deep sleeper. Sometimes, her sleep couldn't even be categorized as sleep because she'll always open her eyes even with the little noise made by someone who stirred on the bed in the next room, especially at night time when everything was quiet.

'Tara...' Henry tried again.

'You've called the fourth time now,' her voice sounded surprisingly even though she didn't raise her head. 'What do you have to say?'

'I think you should go in, you'll be able to rest better.'

'Help me get in,' she answered without lifting her head up.

'Okay, but you've got to stand up first for me to help you.' Henry said as he got up to his feet.

'No, I don't have to stand. Just carry me in like this,' Tara replied. A deafening silence followed.

Read parts 6 - 10 on www.youngicee.com
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Stevenbright(m): 8:54am On Apr 30, 2017
Oyinprince:
Chapter 1 Part 1

The light in the room was dim, a thin line of smoke could be seen rising from a dark corner of the room, sometimes it was a huge brief mold. Someone was seated at that corner quietly while two others were standing close to him at his different sides. There was someone else seated at the opposite side to the dark place, the room was brighter at that part but the face of the person could still not be seen. His shadow was formed on the ground and the wall behind. He was putting on a black trouser and a white shirt, his right hand on his knee while his left hand on a table which was by his side.

An unexpected faint beam of light appeared from the table. The man's hand reached for the source of light and picked it up and turned it to his face. The light from the Android phone revealed his face as he typed in a reply to the popup message.

'The Vice President is cool with my decision,' Chief Rikau spoke aloud after replying the message.

'It doesn't matter how many people are cool with it, you took a foolish decision.' The voice from the dark place replied coldly.

The Inspector General felt uneasy as he adjusted his position on the chair, he loathed Rex's audacity to address him without respect.

'We could have taken instead of killing him,' Rex said, standing up from the seat. He threw the remnant of the cigar to the ground and bent his neck sideways, it made a crack sound.

'Killing him was the best, those guys are dangerous. We shouldn't give them any chance.' Chief Rikau said.

'You're a fool man,' Rex voiced out boldly. 'How can you say killing him was the best option? He wasn't even the assassin and I'm very sure he wasn't her brother, assassins don't keep close family members who are dear to them.' Rex paused and took out another cigar, he could tell from the movement of the Inspector General that the man wasn't comfortable with his manner of addressing him. 'I'm sorry for insulting you man but it's just that I've never seen such a level of stupidity displayed...'

'I won't take that from you anymore,' Chief Rikau blurted out angrily, standing up from his seat. 'Don't talk to me like that again, I was asked to give you orders, you should obey my instruction.'

Rex looked calm and undisturbed, he stared at the man's face for a while. He placed the cigar in his mouth and lit it. It didn't take him a minute when he took out the cigar again and threw to the ground. 'Damn! I feel too hot here, even with the air conditioners, it's so hot.'

'It's a lot different here boss, the weather cannot be suitable for smoking during this season.' Don's voice sounded quickly.

'I know the bleeping weather is hot, I only wanted to relief myself from the memories of the stupid steps taken today, ' Rex replied, stylishly taking another jab at the Inspector General.

Inspector General Riquietlyt an angry look at Rex, he took brief glances towards other parts of the room before he hurried out to meet his escorts and junior officers who had been patiently waiting for him.

_______

**8am, next day**

Tarasha was seated on a bamboo chair in an abandoned hut, she had a black bra on and the black trouser of the last night, the rest of her body was bare. Cole and Aisha were still sleeping on a blanket which they had laid on the floor, they used two different neat wrappers to cover all the parts of their bodies to save themselves from the desperate mosquitoes.

There was a laptop on Tarasha's lap and her eyes were fixated on it. After composing a long message into the compose box of her email, she put in the NSCC email at the receiver's address column and click on send. She minimized the window and maximized another; the Google chrome browser. There were several pictures of the Inspector General on the display by the Google image search engine. After saving some of the pictures into her laptop, she switched to another tab where she had searched for images of the man's house. She saved some views and then minimized the window again.

She opened the map application on the system and searched for the location of the Kuje Maximum Security Prison, she copied the position as soon as she got it and maximized the NSCC application, she pasted the position copied to the column provided and after a minute of loading, an option of nine clips displayed on the first page, four more pages were available. Each option of clip showed a particular view of the prison facility, some of the clips on the third and fourth pages showed briefly some parts inside the facility. She made some few observations and typed some words into her phone to store for remembrance.

'Good morning Boss,' Cole interrupted her thoughts. She replied by flashing a look at him. He understood that she wasn't in the mood to talk and quietly proceeded out of the hut. He stretched and yawned as the cool breeze outside blew on his body, he turned to the back of the hut to release urine before proceeding to the heavy duty truck the boss had come with the last night.

He observed the soil in the place, it would have been impossible to access the location with that kind of heavy vehicle if it was rainy season.

The place was somewhere in previously abandoned community, the people had to evacuate the place because of an epidemic that struck, now the people had started returning one after the other after the community was purified two weeks ago but a larger percentage of the community's population had not still returned.

The truck was locked behind with a huge padlock, he had seen the content the last night and was baffled by what he saw in the darkness, he wondered what it would be like when it was day. The boss did not act like she was ready to tell him what was there as she only opened it to pick up something and locked it back. He wished she would allow him access the place.

As if his wish was heard, a key was flung to his front from behind. He glanced back to see his boss standing in front of the hut, her arms folded.

'We have to offload the weapons because we'll need to change some parts of the truck,' she said to him.

He quietly picked up the key and opened the truck behind, his mouth was left agape as he confirmed to his greatest bewilderment the quantity of guns, ammunitions and other weapons stored in it. He took a glance at his boss with shock written all over his face, she kept an indifferent look and urged him to continue her instruction.

'And ermm...' Tarasha called back his attention as she remembered something. 'Maybe you have to leave that for now. I'll need you to check around Kuje Maximum Prison facility now. We have somewhere to go first and we'll have to also visit one of their top officials in the maximum prison facility.'

________

**10:38am**

NSCC headquarters

'Damn!' Mr Sylvester slammed his hand angrily on the table for the umpteenth time. Frank and his colleague were standing beside him and staring at the screen of the laptop on the table. 'Why did she have to leave like this?'

'Sir, it is her decision and we have to respect it.' Frank put in.

'She's needed here, she's needed by our nation. She could have told me whatever the problem was and we would have offered her a helping hand,' Mr Sylvester said stubbornly.

'We just have to respect her decision, she said her mum is bedridden again and the whole family is blaming her for it because her job didn't give her the opportunity to spend enough time with her recovering mum ' Frank said.

'We would have still found a solution to it, going like this wasn't the solution.'

'Let's just try visit the address provided, we may have luck in convincing her,' Frank's colleague suggested.

'I hope so...'

_________

**10.45am**

Cole and Aisha stood far behind watching as Tarasha squatted before the grave behind the tree. It had only been covered with sand and it looked fresh, they had no idea whose dead body laid underneath but they were sure it was someone very dear to their boss' heart as they could hear her soft sobs as she touched the soil and mumbled some words.

Tarasha's eyes were teary as she dropped the flowers on Jeffrey's grave. She had killed the man, she took the whole blame on herself. He wouldn't have died if he didn't find her, and he probably would have still been running his local business if she had not insisted he stayed with her. She also could have saved his life the day he was killed if not for her visit to Henry, she wasn't allowed to take any device into the visiting hall of the prison, so she did not get an alarm when the intruders entered the house. She also didn't check her device when she was returning home because she was moved by Henry's discussion with her, all she wanted to do was get home and fulfil Henry's wish; that was taking Jefa with her to somewhere far away.

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath of the cold breeze.

'Everyone involved in your death would pay, I promise.' she said aloud, hoping her brother could hear the reassurance of the promise she had made him while digging the place the previous day.

Read up to Part 8 here : http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/Tarasha%20Season%202?m=1

Like your other stories, this is becoming very interesting. If i may ask, have you already published your completed books through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (48) (Reply)

Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Meant To Be

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 290
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.