Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge (379308 Views)

I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Any Crime Story Here Better Than Tarasha Suggest / Tarasha Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 7:11am On May 03, 2017
Stevenbright:

Like your other stories, this is becoming very interesting. If i may ask, have you already published your completed books through Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing?
No
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 7:28am On May 03, 2017
Chapter 6 Part 6

Henry raised his wrist to check the time immediately after his eyes popped open. He had slept for over two hours with Tara's head on his chest. For the first few minutes after she had forced him to remain in that position, he kept staring at her face and wondering what to do. His eyes also wandered for some minutes around her exposed thighs under the mini skirt but he returned his gaze to her face and fondled her hair for sometime. He had been aroused sexually for a moment when she had laid on top of him but it went down after he was certain she was deep asleep and wasn't even responding to his touch and caress. He only kept glancing at the ceiling and walls of the room until he slept off too, for over two hours.

He looked at Tara's face again, she took in a deep breath at that moment and turned her head, facing the other side. Henry raised his neck uncomfortably as her hair got into his mouth. He used his fingers to arrange back the hair and made sure her head remained beneath his jaw.

She took in another long deep breath and exhaled, and they rolled away from his body, she was awake though her eyes still looked sleepy. She turned to face him as both laid side by side with their head on the same position. The distance between their faces were so close that they could feel the exhaled hair of each other's on their lips. They stared keenly at each other for some seconds without any words spoken until Tara moved her head a bit forward and met his lips with hers. She drew closer and shifted her thigh in between his legs as he placed a hand at her back of her head and one at her waist, pressing her body firmly against his.

Their moment of pleasure was cut off abruptly when an alarm went off. Tara broke up first and sprang out of the bed immediately, she dragged down her skirt skirt which had rolled up her waist as she looked towards the wall where the sound came from. Then she proceeded to the device which was located beside the control for the air conditioner. It was blinking red and still sounding out loud. She turned back, looking around the room and her eyes met with Henry who was now seated at the edge of the bed.

'What's that?' Henry asked, standing up from the bed and touching his lips. He straightened his shirt properly as he joined her where she was.

Tara gave no answer to his question but walked away after putting off the alarm sound. She proceeded out of the room, leaving the door open. Henry followed behind at a very slow pace.

He met her in the computer room, already seated in front of the main control system, a laptop. She was staring intently at the screen with her hand hovering above the mouse. The main control system was displaying a red rectangle at the left side of the screen which signified danger. The florescent lights in the computer room had also changed from white to red and was blinking in quick successions.

'Why did you turn off the alarm sounds?' Tara shot him a cold look from where she was seated. He couldn't see her face properly because of the colour and instability but from the tone of her voice, he was sure she didn't have a pleasant look on.

Henry was dumbfounded at the entrance where he stood, the alarm must have been on for more than an hour but made no sound because he had turned off the sounds. He did turn them off because they were disturbing when he was trying to check what she had in the underground inner rooms and didn't remember to turn them back on. The only alarm sound he wasn't able to turn off completely was the one in her room because he couldn't enter in her absence and it only sounded because it was a critical situation.

Tara typed in some commands with the keyboard and soon the rectangular sign showing danger cleared off. The lights in the computer room also turned back normal.

'I don't understand what you did here,' Tara turned to Henry again, speaking in a cold voice. He could see her face now, there were thin lines of frown on it. 'After accessing the hidden programs, did you also set it to break up at intervals?'

Henry felt like a kid with the way she was scolding and staring at him. He closed the door and walked slowly to her.

'I'm sorry I turned off the sound for the alarm but I only programmed a one-time access, I don't know the cause for the alarm that sounded.' he replied.

Tara maintained her cold stare at him and sized him with her eyes from head to toe. From the way she looked, it was obvious she was angry with him and did not believe the explanation he gave.

'Believe me please, I only set up a one-time access.' Henry repeated as he got closer. He tried to touch her shoulder but she avoided him and rose immediately from the chair.

'Return everything the way you met them,' she said to him in a commanding tone and began to proceed towards the door. 'I'll be back in ten minutes time,' she said after opening the door and slammed the door afterwards.

Henry stared blankly at the door for a while. The atmosphere in the house which was romantic few minutes ago had changed into something opposite, a very tensed one.

Tara returned ten minutes later like she said. She was now dressed in a plain white V-neck top and a black jean trousers. Her ruffled hair had been neatly arranged. She met Henry still busy with the system.

'Have you returned everything to the normal program?' she asked as Henry turned his face towards the door and their eyes met.

'The alarm sounds are now on and I've hidden the opened files but I don't understand the cause for the alarm which went off earlier,' he said, standing up from the seat slowly as he watched Tara approaching him.

She sat on the seat in silence and fondled with the mouse for a moment. 'Everything looks perfect now but I hope they're as perfect as it looks.' she said, taking a glance at him. 'I'll just check to make sure you don't have any surprises for me,' she added before returning her focus to the computer.

'I didn't do anything today, you have to believe me.'

'Just save your voice and strength, I don't need explanations, allow me concentrate on studying the settings you might have applied. I still have Cole to bother about, remember?'

Henry tried to talk but his lips vibrated without words coming forth. He let out a sigh and folded his arms.

The two maintained total silence for the next thirty minutes, nothing else could be heard except for the soft sounds made occasionally when she typed on the keyboard.

'How can I help you to locate Cole?' Henry finally broke the long silence.

Tara took a brief glance at him without responding to his offer immediately. Henry moved closer and sat on the seat beside her.

'I also think we need to know that person who's working with Chief Rikau now,' Henry continued, staring at her face intently as he spoke.

Tara turned to him again, she shifted her chair backwards and put on the computer system in front of Henry's seat. She stared at his face for some seconds while the computer booted, then she sighed and returned to her work on the control system.

'After the system boots, you can help by getting into the NSCC database, I need to watch the movement of Don and his men that day.' she said to Henry without looking at him.

_______

'Done!' Rex announced. Cole looked up at his face with a frown, he shivered a bit as his eyes met with the pop-up window displaying the success of Rex's operation. 'It took us three hours and thirty eight minutes to delete her access account to the NSCC system, she worked very well to strengthen the security of their database.' Rex said, turning towards Cole and Stainless with a finger on his left hand pressed softly against his lower lip and the elbow resting on the arm of his chair. 'What should be our next step?' he asked, directing the question to Stainless.

'Ermm...' Stainless quivered and his eyes blinked severally as he positioned himself upright on the chair.

Rex turned to Cole, ignoring Stainless who appeared clueless. 'What do you think we should do next?'

Cole stared at him thinly with his eyebrows raised. 'How does that concern me? It isn't part of the deal you know.'

'Oh True! Good of you to stick to your formality but I hope you get a bit friendlier because it will help the both of us.' Rex gave a brief evil smile and moved his gaze to Stainless. 'We'll start our journey to Abuja tonight,' he said to Stainless and turned back to Cole. 'At the same time we'll work on paralyzing all her connections and network lines.'

'That'll be quite difficult to do,' Cole stated.

'Yes, difficult but not impossible.' Rex countered.

'Might be impossible because she could try stop it if an alarm is raised,' Cole put in.

'And she wouldn't be able to stop it if she isn't anywhere near the control point, at least we would have done a lot of damage to keep her very busy' Rex argued.

Cole sighed. He was frustrated but he refused to allow tears drop from his eyes. 'It is very possible that she has returned to Abuja already, I don't think there's any need to start something that'll definitely fail.' he said, sniffing in to hold back the water in his eyes.

'There's also a high possibility that she's still in Lagos,' Rex stated. 'Besides, I have plans on how to do that without raising an alarm. It's one of the reasons we're going to Abuja.' Rex stopped and there was silence for some seconds. He stared at Cole's face for a brief moment, then at Stainless' face.

Cole sighed again and closed his eyes briefly, he had no more points to argue with but had to wait to hear Rex's plan first. He took in a deep breath with his eyes still closed. He was deeply scared. He was doing what he hated to do - betraying Tarasha - but he had no choice, his parent's lives were at stake and preserving their lives was the only thing he could do to correct his wrong of being a bad child to them. His lifestyle and job was the same thing posing a threat to their lives.

'Now that all Tarasha's access account to the security cameras have been deactivated, she might have received an alarm or not but I'm very sure she'll notice it soon if she didn't get the alarm and she'll seek to reactivate the account but the only way she can do that is by visiting the NSCC head office in Abuja. And that's where we come in,' Rex stopped to look at the two men's faces and ensured they were listening to him before he continued. 'We'll wait for her at the NSCC head office or meet her there in case she gets there before us, that's for me and Stainless.' he paused again and then faced Cole. 'She knows the NSCC office more than we do because she worked as a staff there before, so it's possible she escapes us there but then you'll make sure she does not escape us totally.' he stopped again and smiled wickedly.

'How do I do that?' Cole asked, with his heart beating so fast.

'After we're sure she's in the NSCC office, you'll get into your headquarters; your Headquarters which is Tarasha's main operation base. I know there's still one person with her,' he said and paused to confirm his assertion from Cole's facial reaction. 'Henry George E,' he stated in a questioning manner. 'Am I right?' he added when Cole appeared too stunned to respond. Cole nodded slowly in affirmation. 'You can take care of Henry E.G if you meet him at the operation base, kill him or do whatever you want with him. Then you lock up her network lines from her control room. I know you have access to the place, so don't try to lie or come up with an excuse ' Rex stopped and rested back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest. He made a smirk before he continued, 'With that she won't be able to escape death, because if she escapes us from the NSCC Headquarters unharmed, she'll definitely return to her operation base and it won't be a safe haven for her anymore before you would have destroyed her safety by locking up her network lines. She wouldn't be able to use any facility in the building, her electronic lock for her doors wouldn't work either. That would allow us take her easily.'

Thick drops of sweat rolled down Cole's face as he listened to Rex's words. He wondered who Rex was to have everything planned out so intelligently. He knew that if everything worked according to Rex's plan, there was no way of escape for Tarasha.

A thought popped up in his mind. There could be a way to stop Rex's plan when he is finally allowed to go into Tarasha's main operation base. Instead of locking up the network according to the plan, he could do something else and also drop a message to warn Tarasha.

'Don't think of playing smart, we will all work with time' Rex said as if he could read Cole's thoughts. 'And also remember that your parent's bodies will be sent to you in bags the next day.'

'I'm sending the footages there,' Henry said to Tarasha after almost an hour of individual work in silence. 'Or should I track the car for you?'

'No, just send it to me.' Tarasha replied, looking into the computer screen in front of Henry. 'I'll prefer you forward it to my NSCC account.'

'Don't you think it'll be easier sending it through the network since it's already on our server?' Henry questioned, staring at Tara's face and wondering why she would prefer a longer process.

'Send it to my NSCC account,' Tarasha repeated without looking at him.

'But that'll mean uploading it to the NSCC server again and then sending it to yours,' Henry explained in a disturbed tone. 'The transfer could be discovered by an expert NSCC official and tracked or stopped if the official is capable.'

'Save the explanations and send it to the NSCC account. You now have access to the server in this building and you would be able to see whatever I do but you can't if I do it on the NSCC account.'

'Oh! So this is about hiding it from me? You prefer an NSCC expert seeing what you do instead of me?'

'Yes, I do.' she stated blankly.

'But I'm working with you and willing to help you get Henry back, why should you hide your work from me?'

'If you're willing to help me, why don't you just do the works I send you and stop questioning me?' she replied coldly.

'Okay,' Henry swallowed and heaved a deep sigh. 'What's your username?'

'EvelynAlex.'

'EvelynAlex,' Henry mumbled under his breath and typed in the username into a dialog box displayed. He only spoke again after five minutes of silence. 'No account exists like that.'

She stopped what she was doing and faced him. 'What do you mean?' she asked as she turned to look at his computer screen. Henry gave no reply since she could already see the result on the screen. 'I said EvelynAlex,' she stared at his face.

'That's what I used.' he stared back at her.

'EvelynAlex, Evelyn spelt as E-v-e-l-y-n and Alex without space.'

'I used that and other spelling versions of Evelyn I could think of,' he said and closed the route error report page. He typed in the username as spelt by Tara again into the dialog box. They both waited for it to load.

NOT FOUND - USER DOES NOT EXIST

The software displayed.

'How come?' a confused look appeared on her face. She turned back to her system and hurriedly minimized the running software. She navigated to the desktop and clicked on the NSCC app icon. It loaded in thirty seconds and displayed a box asking for her username and password. She typed in EvelynAlex into the space meant for username and typed in the password. It processed for five seconds and displayed a text box under the log in column. The texts read 'Account Deactivated'. She typed in the password and username again. It repeated the same result. She tried the third time and it brought the same response but with just few words added to it. 'Account deactivated about an hour ago' .

'What's happening?' Henry asked, staring at her computer screen in surprise.

'I should be asking you that question,' she slammed and gave him a fierce look.

'But why should you ask me...'

'It was deactivated about the same time there was an alarm, that means this was the real cause for the alarm. You put off the alarm sounds to ensure I don't know what was going on,' she accused him, staring at him suspiciously.

'Tara,' he called her name aloud and stared at her looking shocked. 'How can you suggest that?' he asked, getting up from the seat.

'You had unrestrained access to the server for some days now, you could have timed the deactivation.'

'Tara!' he called, moving his head slowly side to side with a sad look on his face.

'The other person who could have done that is Cole but I should have gotten an alarm if he tries to deactivate from another server. You shut down the alarm systems except for the one in the room which you had no access to, it means you have a hand in it.'

'Why would I have a hand in what wouldn't benefit you?'

She paused for a moment. She rose from her seat, shifting the chair backwards as she did with her eyes still placed on him. 'I know you're doing all you can to stop the spilling of blood but I'll give you thirty minutes to restore the account or you won't like the result.' she said and walked out of the place.

Read more on www.youngicee.com
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Stevenbright(m): 7:29am On May 03, 2017
Oyinprince:
No
Why? I guess you should go for it.
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by do4luv14(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2017
Poor HEG he is about to pay for the move of REX and the sins of COLE

nice update, but pls is not here I timeline to ur updates?
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 2:04pm On May 03, 2017
do4luv14:
Poor HEG he is about to pay for the move of REX and the sins of COLE

nice update, but pls is not here I timeline to ur updates?
Can you rephrase cos I don't really get what you want to know.

I update on Tuesdays and Saturdays
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by do4luv14(m): 3:36pm On May 03, 2017
Oyinprince:
Can you rephrase cos I don't really get what you want to know.

I update on Tuesdays and Saturdays

ya dats wat I meant tuesday and Saturday, do
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 7:14am On May 05, 2017
Stevenbright:

Why? I guess you should go for it.
Okay, I'll check it out later
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Stevenbright(m): 7:18am On May 05, 2017
Oyinprince:
Okay, I'll check it out later

Do let me know if there is anyway we can work together on that. I specialize in eBook formatting and eBook cover design.
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:

Hi Chumzy, how do I reach you since you don't reply mails?
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 2:20pm On May 06, 2017
Chapter 6 Part 8

David watched keenly from under the stairs as Stephanie was motioned into the back seat of the white convertible. The girl stopped at the entrance of the car and placed her two hands at the top, she looked around her environment as if she was expecting someone or something to show up. Dave could see her shrug before entering the car. She didn't look happy leaving the hospital neither did she look happy to be well, she looked as if she was being forced and carried away against her will.

An elderly woman entered the back seat of the car through the other door. Dave guessed it was Stephanie's mum. Two young ladies and a guy stood outside the car waving gently to Stephanie and her mum as the car began to move immediately they had settled in, the driver had already kicked on the engine while they entered the car. The car was reversed out of the covered car park it was and turned towards the gate. The wavers watched as the car reached the gate and was allowed to drive out of the hospital compound shortly after being checked by the security.

A man joined Stephanie's friend who watched the car leave. Dave could recognize him even with the back view. It was Inspector Mac. The Inspector spoke some few words to the students and patted the male gently on the shoulder before leaving them to his own car.

'Baby, are you sure you're alright?' the elderly woman seated beside Stephanie at the backseat asked with deep concern shown in her voice.

'I'm fine,' Stephanie replied briefly and faked a smile.

'Come on, don't tell me that. You've been moody since I arrived at the hospital,' her mother pushed further.

'It's nothing mum,' Stephanie insisted. She couldn't tell her mum that she was still waiting to meet someone at the hospital.

'Come on, are you still feeling pains somewhere?' she asked, placing her right hand on Stephanie's left shoulder. Stephanie nodded No to her question. 'Then tell me what's wrong. Or ain't you happy that I'm here for you?'

'Aww! Why won't I be happy?' Stephanie seemed surprised at her question. 'I'm sure happy that I have you here with me.'

'I'm sorry Steph. I know I should have come earlier but I couldn't. I didn't hear of the kidnap at all until you were at the hospital.'

'It's okay mum,' Stephanie interrupted. She took her mum's palms in hers. ' I understand your kind of job perfectly well and I'm not mad at you for showing up at this time.'

'Are you sure honey?' the woman asked, lifting a hand to Stephanie's face, she stroked her cheek gently. 'Are you happy?'

'Yes mum,' Stephanie said and grabbed her mum's hand which was on her cheek.

'But you don't look it,' the mum frowned.

'I'm fine mum,' Stephanie said softly, stressing each word. 'It's just that I'm not too happy about loosing my memory,' she finally found a lie to tell her mum.

'That?' the mum sounded surprised. 'But it's just memory loss of events of the past fourteen days, I think you should be glad you didn't have total memory loss.'

'I'm glad about that mum,' she said, folding her lips in. 'It still feels awkward anyway.'

'What is awkward about it?'

'You know,' she stared blankly at the ground of the moving vehicle. 'Just imagine all those things they said happened to me. My meeting with Samantha Osman and my experience with the kidnappers. I can't even remember anything about those experiences, I can't be of help to the police in solving the case.'

'Come on, I don't think you should be bothered about that. The most important thing is that you are safe and sound. My baby is healthy. The police can do whatever they like to solve the case.' she said and drew her daughter closer into a warm embrace. She allowed Stephanie's jaw rest on her shoulder and she rubbed the girl's back gently with her hand.

Madam Henrietta, Stephanie's foster mom was a soft and kind hearted woman. Although being involved in an illegal occupation which was a secret to everyone including Stephanie, she still maintained a good heart somehow. It was during one of her night out on the job she had gotten Stephanie and since then taken responsibility for the girl like her own child. No one except for Stephanie and two of her close friends knew she didn't give birth to Stephanie.

Stephanie was a complete opposite of Madam Henrietta in terms of dressing and fashion and even socialization. Madam Henrietta liked to don expensive and flashy clothes while Stephanie preferred to keep it simple. There was no day Madam Henrietta was found without make ups and flashy accessories. She always used the latest shoes, necklaces and bags, one would think she owned a fashion outfit even though establishing one in the future was one of her plans.

'I think I'll just have to take the Inspector's advice,' Madam Henrietta said as they released each other from the embrace. 'You'll have to move with me to the States.'

'No mom, I can't do that.' Stephanie refused outrightly. 'I'm almost done with my studies here, I should just be patient enough to finish up.'

'No Steph, you have to move with me.' madam Henrietta insisted. 'That has always been my plan for you after your secondary school education but you insisted on staying here. I'm still wondering how you made that decision and why I allowed you.'

'Mum, let's just leave it the way it is. I just have to finish up and go for the national youth service. Then I can consider joining you there,' Stephanie said.

'You're still going to have to consider it again?' Madam Henrietta stared at her in surprise. Her mouth agape and eyes widened.

'Mum, you are not planning to stay forever in the States, are you?'

'No, I'll be returning to Nigeria soon but I'm talking about you. I'm talking about your safety,' she said and took in a deep breath, showing her deep state of worry.

'I'm safe mom, the kidnappers and their accomplice have been arrested by the police.' Stephanie said.

'They been arrested, but is that all of them? You and I know that the cult is larger than just those few boys the police have behind bars and who says you don't even have more people plotting against you among your friends, who says you don't have more enemies in that your group, SWAD?'

'Mum, come on!' Stephanie exclaimed, giving her a reprimanding look. 'Why are you so negative about this?'

'I'm not being negative, I'm just being cautious.'

'Mom, don't worry. I'll be fine.'

'Stephanie,' madam Henrietta called, shaking her head with a worried expression on her face. She didn't look like one who was going to easily give up on the matter. 'Do you know what you've gotten yourself into already?'

Stephanie was silent.

'Did you hear what the police said about your encounter with Samantha Osman and the possiblity of her coming back to look for you?'

At that moment, Stephanie felt like telling her that she still had her memory intact and had not forgotten anything. She wanted to tell her that she didn't think Samantha Osman was as bad as the police and media painted her and that she was looking forward to her return but she remained quiet and just recited Dave's words of warning in her mind.

'Baby, I think you just have to go with me. You'll be safe in the United States.'

'Is there anyone who says that Samantha Osman can't come to the United States?'

'You know that is unlikely, Nigeria has been her place of focus.'

'Mum...' Stephanie paused. There was a little jerk as the driver took a sharp turn into the opposite carriageway. 'I just love staying in this country. I feel like I have a lot to do here.'

'No Steph, you've always wanted to school in the United States. You always made this desire clear when you were in Secondary School. You only changed when it was time for the final exams.'

'That was because I fell in love with the country.'

'No, shut up Steph!' Madam Henrietta slammed angrily. 'You didn't fall in love with any country. It was because I told you the truth and I allowed you see that...' She stopped abruptly with angry hisses.

'Why don't you go on?' Stephanie said in a teary voice. Her eyes were suddenly filled with tears. 'Go on, call her whatever you like.'

Madam Henrietta, still fidgeting in anger turned her face forward. Her anger seemed to drop the same way it rose.

Stephanie knew who Madam Henrietta was about to blame, her real mum. She had been told about her maternity in her final year at the secondary school and allowed to meet her mother but she was made to understand that the mother had no charge over her though they could see each other if they wanted. Truth be told, the knowledge of her real maternity was the major reason Stephanie had changed her mind about schooling in the United States.

'Everything just changed since I told you the truth,' madam Henrietta continued stubbornly, her hands still vibrating as she gestured and her face squeezed angrily.

'Just leave her out of this,' Stephanie said, trying to wipe off the rain of tears that had rolled down her face. 'We're talking about me, it's not that she said anything about staying to me anyway.'

'Then why are you bent on staying here?'

'I just love to.'

'Suit yourself then, if that's what I get for all these years.' madam Henrietta looked away from her and stared out through the window by her side.

Dave finally got close enough to them after almost an hour of trailing behind them. He was just a car behind and the occupants of the car were to busy with their discussion to notice a car was following.

_________

'Are you done restoring my account?' a voice sounded from behind. It sounded like Tara's voice but the gruffness with which it sounded was strange to Henry.

'Tara,' he called softly as he turned back, instead of answering her question. 'The deactivation wasn't from here.'

'Then where was it from?' she sounded cold. Her slow footsteps could be heard loud in the silent evening.

'I don't know but I'm sure it's from an external server,' he replied.

'What external server?' she asked as she stopped behind him.

'I've not located it yet and I can't do that here, it can only be done at the NSCC office.'

She stared at him with a mean look, shaking her head in pity for him as she imagined punishing him like she would have done if it was someone else. She stepped away from the back of his chair and sat on the seat to the main control system. She took about twenty five minutes to confirm what he said about visiting the NSCC Headquarters to rectify the problem. 'It was deactivated from an external server? I don't believe that, someone could have changed the address of any server' she said after confirming it as true. 'But we have to reactivate it anyway, using your own account will be dangerous for me. I'm sure it's unprotected.'

Henry kept his gaze on her face and allowed her words sink deeply one after the other.

She got up from the seat slowly while the system was shutting down. 'I think you'll be the best to visit the NSCC office and rectify the problem.'

'How do you expect me to do that?' Henry flashed a quick look at her, with a shock expression on his face.

'I expect you use your thinking faculty to get in,' she said, confidently taking in a short breath. 'You'll go there first thing tomorrow morning and I advise you to play no games, you'll be signing your death warrant that way.'

_________

Stephanie needed not to ask Madam Henrietta why she had chosen for them to pass the night at an hotel when she had a duplex in the city. Madam Henrietta had mentioned before they left the hospital that she didn't want any of her friends or family to know about her arrival into the country.

The hotel room was large with a large bed in it, specially designed for two. If not because a preorder had been made, Madam Henrietta would have requested for separate rooms for the both of them since they weren't really on the same position about the situation. Both hadn't mentioned a word after Madam Henrietta's last in the car. They had carried the same ill and tensed atmosphere into the room with them.

'You can take out your card,' the receptionist said to the guest at the hotel reception.

Dave removed his debit card from the point of sale terminal machine and dipped it into his pocket. His phone vibrated in his the pocket at the left side of his trouser. He didn't bother to check it, he knew it was the bank alert for the transaction he just made. He hissed as he thought about the money that was just deducted, that was fifty two thousand naira lost from his own personal account for a room he was very sure he had no need for. He could have requested for a receipt to provide as evidence so as to get a refund of money from the National Intelligence Service but he was sure he wasn't going to spend the night there. He only hoped that he would find a way to get into the room Stephanie and her mum had taken. He had overheard madam Henrietta repeat the room number after the receptionist had assigned them.

'Room 45,' the receptionist said to him with a kind smile, handing him the access card to the room.

A young man dressed in the hotel attendant's uniform appeared beside Dave. 'Good evening sir,' he greeted Dave with a kind smile as he took the bag Dave was carrying.

'Room 45,' the receptionist repeated to the young man.

Dave observed the young man's body as he followed the lead. The man was about the same age or older than him, a little bit fatter than he was but Dave was sure he could still manage the man's uniform if he were to snatch it. The only problem was the man's height, it was way below average. Dave began to compare the dark blue jean trouser he was putting on to the black coloured trouser the man had on. His dark blue could still been mistaken for black if anyone does not placed a keen stare on it. He decided he was going to make use of the man's shirt when they got to his room.

'Do you have up to a hundred rooms in this hotel?' Dave tried to strike a conversation with his helper after leveling up with him.

'Yes, we should have about a hundred.' the man replied with a welcoming smile.

'So where are numbers 100 above located?' Dave asked as they both entered a lift.

'They should be from the seventh floor above,' the man replied, greeting with a casual nod a young woman that entered into the lift with them.

'What about 40 below?'

'We have thirty five to fifty on the same floor we are headed for, the rest are on the lower floors.'

'Oh! I see, I really do hope I enjoy your services tonight.' Dave said with a smile. He had gotten the information he needed, Stephanie and her mum had been assigned room 37.

'You sure would,' the man replied with a kinder smile.

Twenty minutes later

Stephanie sat at the edge of the bed, staring blankly at the wall and lost in thoughts. Madam Henrietta had gone to use the bathroom after making several calls to different people, including the police officers and the doctor.

Stephanie did not want to hurt madam Henrietta after all the woman had done for her. She appreciated the woman's kindness and honesty to her. Some other woman could have lied that her real mother was dead so as to move her mind completely off it but madam Henrietta was different, she didn't only tell her about her mum but also allowed them meet. Madam Henrietta therefore did not deserve to get hurt by her. But even with everything, Stephanie couldn't think of leaving Nigeria yet, especially not at this time when she thought her real mother needed her.

On the first day she had met her mother, there was really no connection between them. She had wished on that day there she didn't even knew a real mother existed somewhere. Before they met, she had it in mind to accuse the woman who claimed to give birth to her of abandoning her for several years and not even making an attempt to reach out to her. But as it happened, she couldn't when they met. They only stared at each other for few minutes without saying anything to themselves. Only after the third time of meeting, did they began to speak to each other. Since then, they had met only three more times in three years. The last meeting had been a memorable one for Stephanie. Her mother had spoken for so long with her, telling her of so many things of the past and also giving her counsel on how to thread carefully in life.

A knock sounded on the door of the hotel room and it distracted Stephanie from her thoughts. She stared towards the direction of the bathroom wondering if her mum, Madam Henrietta had called for anything.

'Come in,' Steph said. She crossed her legs and stared at the door inquisitively.

A uniformed man with a face cap walked in and closed the door. He bowed to greet at the entrance where he stood. 'Room service, you called for us?' he said without lifting his head.

Stephanie felt like laughing as the man looked awkward to her in his oversized shirt which was tucked into a skinny trouser. The expression on her face turned into surprise when the man raised his head up and took off the cap.

'Stephanie, are you alone?'

'No,' she replied, nodding her head sideways, still in surprise of how Dave got there.

'Who's it?' a voice rang out from the bathroom. Madam Henrietta was coming out already.

Dave quickly walked to where she was seated and dropped a paper on her lap. 'Call me as soon as possible,' he said and turned, hurrying back to the door.

'Who's that?' Madam Henrietta stepped out of the bathroom just as Dave slammed the door. She stared at Stephanie's face for a response.

'A staff of the hotel, he came to the wrong room.' she replied.

'What nonsense!' Madam Henrietta seemed pissed by the scenario. She walked to the landphone placed by the window side.

'You don't need to report mum, he apologized already.' Stephanie said, knowing what her mum was about to do.

'No, I have to. He could be a thief for all I care,' she said as she raised the receiver to her ear. 'Now, go ensure that the door is properly locked.' she said to Stephanie while waiting for her call to be answered.

'But we're still waiting for dinner,' Stephanie replied but Madam Henrietta was already expressing her rage to the receiver of the call.

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by do4luv14(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2017
Thanks man
but can pls give us two update per day, pls
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by fidek(m): 8:39pm On May 08, 2017
do4luv14:
Thanks man but can pls give us two update per day, pls
SUPPORTED
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2017
Chapter 6 Part 9

Henry woke up the next morning with his head aching , he turned and turned around his bed as the worries he slept with resumed in his mind. Tarasha had instructed him like a boss, to visit the NSCC Headquarters and restore her deactivated account. He didn't know what to do. He was faced with two choices that morning, leave the house and visit the NSCC office to restore her deactivated account or leave the house and never return. Tarasha had warned that he shouldn't play any games and Henry took the second option as trying to play a game. She had threatened him death if he played any game with her. But what was he even living for? He had nothing to lose if he was killed, the only person he pitied was his mother who was already in distress because of the happenings and would be thrown into sorrow for the rest of her life when she gets the news of his death. There were no two ways about, Henry was sure Tarasha would kill him as she said, the look in her eyes when she said it was already enough to kill a frightened person.

He turned on the light behind him and rolled to the edge of the bed. He put his legs down and buried his face in his palms. He began to utter some words of prayer under his breath and it became louder as time went on. He prayed for fifteen minutes which seemed about an hour before he got up from the bed and headed for the bathroom. It was just 5:50am but he needed to start early and so he did.

Stainless yawned for the umpteenth time as he turned the car into the final route which led to the house. He had never driven from Lagos to Abuja before but that wasn't what made the journey so strenuous, the fact that the journey was overnight was his greatest challenge. He had thought at some point that he'll sleep off on the wheel and the vehicle would crash, killing them all but sleep never took control of him. Rex had been right when he said it was impossible for him (Stainless) to sleep after being injected with a substance which Rex provided.

Stainless could see Cole deep asleep at the backseat through the mirror, the guy seated at the front with him was also deep asleep. Only Rex was awake with him all through the journey. He didn't see Rex take inject the substance into his (Rex) own body, so he wondered how Rex was able to keep awake without doing anything half of the time.

Rex pushed a button on the remote control and the gates of the house opened as the car approached. They drove in and parked the car at the right space. Cole and the fourth man had woken up while the car was being driven into the compound.

'The NSCC starts it's operation by 8am,' Rex began to talk for the first time since they began the journey of over seven hours. He paused briefly to check the time on his phone. It was 5.52am. 'We can still rest for one and a half hour, you can enter into the building if you want.' he added. He adjusted his position on the seat and took in a deep breath before he rested his head backwards and closed his eyes.

_______

6.30am

Jumoke woke up to find Dave sleeping peacefully beside her. She didn't bother herself with the thought of how he got in or whether she locked the door before she slept or not, she was used to finding him by her side that way. She stretched her hand from where she lay and turned on the light in the room.

She slipped out of the blanket and put on her slippers, taking off her night gown as she walked towards the wardrobe. She dropped the gown into basket, leaving only her pant and bra on. She looked at the rope hanging above her head and searched around for her towel, it seemed to have been moved away from where she hung it. She turned back and saw it hanging on the headboard, Dave must have used it to dry his body. She turned back towards the wardrobe and took off the clips of her bra from behind, she removed it and tossed it into the same basket she put the night gown. Then she took off her panties in the same way and dropped it in the same place. She met Dave's eyes scrutinizing her body as she turned to get the towel. She couldn't see his face well because the full lights were not on but she could imagine the look on it.

'Holy Moses! I thought you were asleep,' she said as she rushed to where the towel was. Dave looked away.

'I was asleep,' he answered. 'I just opened my eyes at the right time to see something pleasant this morning,' he added, licking his lips lustfully. 'It's a pity you don't have time this morning, I can see you are already preparing to go to the hospital.' he said and turned his face back to her.

'Yes. Ain't you going out this morning?' Jumoke asked, she already had the towel wrapped around her waist.

'I would be but I'm expecting a call first,' he answered. 'Or should I join you, so we can have our bath together? Recently, I've felt the need for someone to help me scrub my back,' he offered.

Jumoke gave him a funny look. 'Are you really sure you want to bath? Or you want to do something else?'

'I just want to have an innocent bath, you could bath me like a baby, you know.' he said naughtily.

She chuckled. ' Stop acting funny this morning. What do you want the neighbours to say when they hear voices in the bathroom.'

'What voices are they going to hear? Isn't it just like a mum bathing her child?'

'Of course, they're not going to hear the voices of a mum bathing her child. They are going to hear the voices of two naughty adults playing a dirty game at the wrong place,' she said and marched out without waiting for his reply.

Dave stared at the door in her absence, his mind drifted to their discussion the day before. He knew she still had something to hide and that he had to discover as soon as possible.

His phone rang as he was about to cover himself with the sheets again. He hurried out of the bed and reached for his phone. He checked the screen to see the caller after getting it, it was a unidentified number. Dave took in a breath and silently prayed that it was the call he was expecting. Then he answered and placed it to his ear, waiting for the caller to speak first.

'Hi Dave, it's Stephanie. You asked me to call you,' the voice sounded. An answer to Dave's silent prayer.

He took in another silent breath before talking. 'Good morning Steph, thanks for calling. Sorry, I couldn't meet you in the hospital before you were discharged but we need to see as soon as possible. How do we fix that?'

'Can you come to this hotel by 11am today?'

'11am is okay, I'll be there. Can I reach you on this phone number?'

'No, you can't. It's my mum, I've not been given mine yet. I think the police told her not to give me yet,' Stephanie said. She seemed to pause to think for a while, 'Well, just come and meet me at the hotel restaurant by 11am. If you don't find me there, book a table and wait for me, okay?'

'Okay, it's a date then.' Dave said, smiling and chuckling so loud so that she could feel the effect in his voice.

He returned to the bed, feeling relieved but as soon as he closed his eyes and took in a breath of warm air, another set of things to worry about struck his mind. He remembered his commitment to the NSCC and how he had been away for days without any explanation. He had to come up with something - a reasonable excuse- and return there the next day at most. He also remembered his new commitment to the Chairman, his boss at the NIS. He was now mandated to always submit reports for the police's use frequently and though he didn't buy the idea, he had to agree so as not to be forced to transfer the case to someone else. He wondered how he was going to fulfill that part of the agreement and knew that he couldn't. There was no way he could possibly give details to the police when he knew the police were insincere about the case because of the Inspector General's involvement in it. He had to find a way to play along until he gets to the end of the case, so as to ensure justice is done.

_______

7.36am

Tarasha watched Henry's car pull over at the front of some buildings away from the NSCC Headquarters building. She was forced to monitor through his own account and also begin her work of tracking her attackers in Lagos. Don was dead now and there was no one else she was certain was connected to him. She knew about Stainless but the only person that could ascertain Stainless' involvement was Cole who was being held captive in the enemies' camp.

For some minutes, Henry's car was static. The engine had been turned off and the window to the driver's side wound down. She believed he was thinking of what to do or possibly praying like he always did. She almost regretted sending him at that point, he was inexperienced and could get himself in trouble with the security. She knew that it could lead them to her operation base but that wasn't her main concern, it was his safety. It bothered her mind so much in a way it shouldn't, she wasn't supposed to feel sorry for him at all. It was meant to be a punishment for him and whatever he found at it, even it was death was to be taken by him without complains but now, she was the one complaining to herself in her mind about the punishment.

She had kept a tracker at the tip of his trousers without letting him know. She also had a tiny voice transmitter which was clipped into his collar.

She exited the cameras on his car and navigated to check the surroundings. It was usual and nothing different about it.

______

Henry finally stepped out of the car after five minutes of thinking and mumbling words under his breath. He straightened his shirt and checked his reflection at glass of the backseat window. Tara had done a good job to his face with the disguise, even he couldn't recognize whose reflection he was seeing.

He began his walk to the NSCC gate with slow steps which increased in speed as he proceeded. He flashed back to his brief time of working there and smiled to himself. Life was unpredictable, few months ago he was working at the NSCC and providing information to the police, committed to finding and stopping Samantha Osman but now he was on the other side, being sent an errand by the same person he was working tirelessly to bring down. What had happened? He asked himself. The answer came almost immediately. Love. Love with the wrong person, was it? No, it wasn't. There was always a reason for love and he didn't choose to, it just happened.

He got to the NSCC gate after two minutes of walking, he could feel the pistol given to him by Tara. It was tucked into his trouser by the side and hidden under his shirt. He had not handled a gun before but she had a quick lesson with him that morning. He was also given some pins arranged neatly in a leather material which was like a wallet. The pins were so many that he couldn't count, arranged side by side without spaces. She had told him it contained eighty and taught him how to remove one at a time without getting pierced by it, that would mean disaster for him as he would sleep off at the spot. She had also taught him how to suspend bullets in the gun and released the tranquilizing pins to a target when necessary. He was sure he wasn't going to use the bullets anyway, he preferred to be caught than being a murderer. She taught him all these and showed him more than he expected, although she didn't tell him when to use the tools, he believed she wanted him to use his discretion. But he was still surprised that she had taught him anything at all that morning. He never expected any help from her. It seemed like the night had worked a magic on her and her anger with him had faded off. He could see it in her eyes that she wished he shouldn't go but was just too stubborn to swallow back her words. Or maybe it was just his thinking.

He pushed the button at the NSCC gate and the gate bell sounded, a security man appeared almost immediately.

'Hello, what can I do for you?'

Henry trembled. He recognized the man and prayed the man did not recognize him with the way he was been stared at.

'I'm Hen... I'm Steve, a private investigator.' he almost fumbled. He hadn't thought of a name to use when he was strategizing.'I've come to see...' the security man opened the gate before he finished talking. He stepped into the compound and paused to look around, nothing had changed since the last time he remembered being in there.

'Just walk down straight,' the security man directed him, thinking he didn't know the way.

'Thank you,' he replied and walked on.

_______

Ikorodu, Lagos.

'Chief Gabriel,' Chief Nonso called happily as he entered into the living room. Chief Gab was seated on the left side of the three seater with his legs crossed in his Agbada.

'Chief Nonso,' he called back cheerfully and stood up as the latter approached him. They embraced briefly and patted each other at the back before taking their seats.

'Wow! It's nice to have you back,' Chief Nonso said as he sank into the one seater adjacent to Chief Gab.

'Yeah, it's nice to be back even though it's for a very short time,' Chief Gab replied.

'How long are you planning to stay?'

'I don't know for sure but I'll be going back as soon as I get all the documents I'm here for,' he answered.

'Wow!' He exclaimed and then turned to look around briefly. 'Why does it look like you've increased the number of boys surrounding you?' Chief Nonso said in a playful voice, laughing heartily. 'I almost turned back because of their very strong faces.'

'Haha!' Chief Gab joined in the laughter. 'You know I have to be very careful and security conscious. I have to surround myself with boys that brings fear to the heart of enemies.'

'That's true.'

Two guys entered the living room, each carrying a tray containing a bottle of wine and a glass cup. They served the two men the cold drink on separate footstools and walked out of the place. The men continued their discussion after the boys left.

'So, how is Nigeria doing?' Chief Gab asked, after taking in a sip of the cold drink.

'As it always does,' Chief Nonso replied, his cup still in his hand and on its way to his mouth.

'Well, I've not been away for too long anyway and I always keep myself updated.' Chief Gab said as he took another sip.

'So, Chief, what's happening with Samantha Osman?' Chief Nonso asked, changing his seating position and putting on a serious look.

'That's one of the major reasons I am here,' Chief Gab sounded serious also.

'It's really important, I don't really understand what's going on anymore. We keep hearing about her doing other things other than the work she's supposed to do.'

'I called her this week though I never told her of my coming, I'll make sure I see her before going back.'

'That would be the best thing to do.' Chief Nonso cleared his throat. 'Very soon, people would start declaring their desire to contest for the upcoming elections and our plan is to finish up all the works we gave her before the primaries. '

'Well, I believe she'll finish up before then. You know it's not really easy. Killing high profiled people back to back is not something the security forces would take as casual. I think they are ones giving her problems. And I also think I made a mistake on my part, I should have put Don Dan in his place first. He tried to disturb her and I'm sure that's the reason she killed him. I should have settled that myself long ago.'

'We just have to hurry her up, I don't want anything to disturb our chances in the upcoming elections.'

'It won't, you just continue with the other plans. Things are going to work out perfectly well,' Chief Gab said.

_________

'You have less than an hour to work once we give you the signal to start,' Rex said to Cole who was as seated with him at the front seat, Stainless and another person was at the backseat. 'Remember we've got eyes on you, don't try to play smart.'

'Okay,' Cole replied. 'Am I free to go now?'

'Yes, you are.' Rex answered without looking at him, staring out blankly through the front glass. Cole opened the door and stepped out, he strapped on his backpack and took in a breath of fresh air. Stainless and the other guy at the backseat also stepped out. Stainless joined Rex at the front while the other guy stood beside Cole.

The vehicle drove away at once leaving Cole and his partner on the spot. Cole glanced at his partner and heaved a sigh, he glanced at the road again and then to his partner again. 'Let's go,' he said, looking out for cars before crossing the road. His legs felt heavy as they both made use of the zebra crossing lines but his heart felt heavier, he was on an errand that could destroy Tarasha totally if it was successful.

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 7:06pm On May 10, 2017
do4luv14:
Thanks man
but can pls give us two update per day, pls
I've explained this severally, my schedule won't permit posting more than twice
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by do4luv14(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2017
Oyinprince:
I've explained this severally, my schedule won't permit posting more than twice

ok, thought I don't see wia you explained it, can you jst for the sake of we ur fans include Sunday to ur days of update, or
one update on Tuesday, and two on Saturday Plz
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by dimssy(m): 2:37pm On May 11, 2017
nice update baba...who has popcorn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 8:43pm On May 13, 2017
TARASHA 2 : CHAPTER 6 PART 10

'Good morning sir,' Steve greeted in a hoarse voice as he entered into the office.

Mr Sylvester raised his head and rose to greet his guest. 'Good morning Mr Steve,' he replied, offering him a handshake. 'Please have your seat.'

'Thank you, Mr Sylvester.' Steve said as he settled into the visitor's seat.

'I hear you're a personal investigator and you need our help on a case,' Mr Sylvester said.

'Yes, I do need to access your database and get some really old footages.'

'Can I know the firm or agency you work for?' Mr Sylvester requested.

'Oh! Yes, sure.' Steve said, still trying hard to maintain his hoarse voice. He took out an identity card from his pocket on his shirt and displayed it to the man.

'Ermm... Okay,' Mr Sylvester said after examining the card for about twenty seconds. 'Your agency is a new one, I believe but I can see the Nigerian Security registration seal on it.'

'You are right, it's a new agency.' Steve replied him with a smile.

Mr Sylvester was not smiling. The look on his face turned from straight into a frown.

'Is there any problem?' Steve asked, noticing the change in Mr Sylvester's demeanor.

'No, there's no problem.' Mr Sylvester said, trying to cover up with a smile. 'It's just that I feel like you're someone I'm familiar with and your...your voice,' he paused. 'It's sounds like someone's who has worked here before.'

'Oh!' Steve chuckled. He looked a bit shaken. 'That's strange.'

'Yea, strange indeed. Anyway, I think we should go straight to the reason you're here.'

'That's right. I'm here to get some footages caught in 2028,' Steve said.

'Oh! That's quite some work to do,' Mr Sylvester's eyes widened. 'The footages for what place do you need exactly?'

'The place is Helpers Street in Gwagalada.'

'Helpers Street?'

'Yes, Helpers Street. There was a murder that happened there in 2028.'

'Well, you're lucky. Helpers Street is one of the first places the NSCC had their cameras in Gwagalada, so it's certain that we should have what you require.' Mr Sylvester said with a brief smile which was quickly replaced with a straight face. 'But there's a problem.'

'What problem sir?'

'All our staffs are occupied right now and your request would take a very long time to process, I don't think any of our workers can afford to spare so much time now.'

'Well, sir. I think I can work it out myself. All I need is be given access to the database here and I'll be able to do it on my own. You may just need to put me under close observation for trust issues.'

'I'm not really sure you can handle our system, Mr Steve. It takes a lot more than just cutting and matching up clips and videos.'

'Sir,' Steve said with a smile and paused, placing his hand on Mr Sylvester's table. 'I specialize on programming Security camera apps. That's my main responsibility in the firm where I work.' he explained, bringing out his Identity card again for the man to see the position he held in his firm.

Mr Sylvester confirmed from the ID card and let out a breath. He placed a stern look on Steve's face and relaxed back briefly in his swivel, folding his arms and then sat upright again almost immediately. 'Mr Steve, that's not the only problem we have.' he began to explain with a sad look. 'You're well aware that this commission is a government funded one and the government is not interested in providing free services to the private commissions. Even our operations here are underfunded. So, I'm sorry to tell you that we don't have all the softwares you require for it. They cost quite some cash and the government is not ready to fund us yet.'

'Sir, I've got all the softwares I need with me. I don't need to use any of your materials or funds from the government. This operation is funded by my agency,' Steve explained.

'Oh! So all you need is access to our system, right?' Mr Sylvester put in.

'Yes sir.'

'That shouldn't be anything difficult,' Mr Sylvester said, rolling his chair backwards. He rose to his feet and picked a key on the table. 'Please, come with me.' he said and motioned towards the door, he opened it for Henry to step out first and followed after.

Thirty minutes later

Henry was uncomfortable for the first few minutes he used in the computer room, he could feel the eyes of his former colleagues piercing through him as they watched while he worked. He was very careful enough to keep the voice tube under his tongue without letting it slip up at anytime and with the his manual attempt of using another voice, it was certain that they wouldn't be able to recognize his voice. But Henry still had the fear of being caught in his mind, especially when any of them stares at him for long after he spoke.

Mr Sylvester was the first to leave him in the computer room and fifteen minutes later, another followed. Dayo, the last person still waited for about ten minutes more before he left also.

Henry added more to his speed after the last man left, he wished he would finish before any of them returned. He knew they couldn't leave him alone for long there. There were a couple of software disks on the table which Henry had installed in the presence of the NSCC men but he had not installed the most important one required for his own mission. The ones he installed in their presence was for retrieving footages of several years past from the virtual storage world. He took out a CDX disk from his bag and slipped it into the disk space on the CPU. The disk was read and the software installation process began in less than twenty seconds. Henry kept staring back at the door anxiously, hoping that no one would enter at that time.

The whole software package installed in one minute and he ejected the software disk before he clicked the command to run the installed program on the system. He put the disk into the jacket and put it back into his bag. The application he opened on the system had finished booting and needed a registration process before he could continue. The door flung open at that moment and Henry quickly minimized the application.

Without closing the door, Mr Sylvester walked straight to him briskly and stopped by his side. He adjusted his glasses and stared at Steve's face for a second, then he turned his gaze to the system screen. Someone else entered from behind and closed the door.

'That software you installed, the last one.' he began in a serious tone. Fear gripped Henry's heart at once, the men could have found out about his installation of the software whose kind was prohibited and should not be installed in any of their systems. Mr Sylvester's hand reached for his mouse and he moved the cursor to the task bar, the app Steve was previously using had disappeared from the bar.

'I've installed lots of applications today sir,' Steve put in, looking up at Mr Sylvester's face.

'Yes, I know but he told me about one you just installed.' Mr Sylvester said, looking towards Dayo who stepped forward.

'Yes, I saw something like FRCappers, from the description I saw on the system, it's a software for automatically collating and joining videos where the same items are spotted.'

'Oh! That?' Steve heaved a sigh of relief. 'It's here,' he took the mouse from Mr Sylvester and maximized a window.

Mr Sylvester and Dayo watched intently while Steve took them on a quick survey of the app.

'Wow, wow, wow!' Mr Sylvester exclaimed at the end of the quick survey. 'We need this here,' he continued. 'Henry E.G was working on developing one for us when he was here. Who developed this or where did you get it from?'

'Ermm...' Steve stammered as the question caught him unawares. 'I don't really know,' he said, scratching his palm gently as he tried to come up with a lie. 'I think they got it from the US.'

'You are not sure? I thought this was your main responsibility in the agency you work,' Mr Sylvester questioned, raising a side of his lips.

'Ye...Yess, Henry stammered. 'I didn't order for this myself, my direct boss did it.'

'Oh! So, how do we get it for our system? We need it here also.'

'I don't know how much it is but I can find out for you,' Steve offered.

'Please do, I'll like to get a feedback on it before you leave. I believe you can make a call to settle it,' Mr Sylvester said. He continued to stare in awe at the interface of the application.

'I'll do that sir,' Steve said. He waited a while with his hand on the mousepad before speaking again. 'If you won't mind sir, I'll like to do some other things with the computer.' he said as he minimized the window which Mr Sylvester was not done staring at.

'Oh! Of course, just make sure you get a positive feedback for me.' Mr Sylvester said as he stood straight, realizing he had spent more time than necessary on checking the app, he was already disturbing Steve's work.

Steve watched until Mr Sylvester walked out, he turned back to the computer and placed his finger on the mouse without doing anything. He was still waiting for Dayo who was standing close to leave the place. After waiting for almost one minute, he turned to face Dayo who didn't look like he was planning to leave soon. 'If you don't mind please, I'm always not too comfortable with someone staring behind me while I work. It makes me loose concentration most times.'

'Ehen! Okay,' Dayo said and began to shift away reluctantly. Steve waited until he heard the sound of the door. He glanced back briefly and turned back quickly to the computer to complete his work.
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by kingofcasting(m): 11:46pm On May 13, 2017
Oyinprince:
CHAPTER 6 Part 2

________

'Good evening Rex,' Rikau spoke into his phone in the comfort of his living room. He had just finished listening to the news at eight and was glad that the officers were taking to his instructions but wasn't still happy about their inability to stop Tarasha successfully at any point in time. She was making more damages and was appearing more invincible, he needed to get an explanation from Rex as to why he had not been able to stop her.

'Good evening Inspector General,' Rex voice sounded through the phone's speaker.

'Rex, I see you've not been able to do anything to Samantha Osman, when exactly are you going to stop her?'

'There was a battle between us today but she got away luckily,' Rex replied sharply.

"I don't consider the way she got away lucky, she killed three of your men and only lost only Aisha Bello to you.' Inspector Rikau countered.

'You're right Inspector,' Rex admitted reluctantly.

'Well, I cannot explain the details of what happened to you because it'll be of no use. But just be calm and assure your friend that she'll be down soon.'

'Who is my friend?' Inspector Rikau snapped. Even though he knew who Rex was referring to, he felt insulted by Rex's lack of respect.

'The Vice President of course, extend my greetings to him.' Rex snapped back and ended the call.

'Hey you! Learn how to talk to elders...' Chief Rikau wanted to rant on but the line had been disconnected. He hissed and exited the dialer in anger. He clicked on it again after remembering that he still had someone else to call. He scrolled down, searching for the NIS' chairman number. He dialed and placed on his ear.

'Good evening sir,' the Inspector General saluted.

'Good evening IG,' the voice responded with great hesitation.

'What's the progress right now?'

'Ermm... I've not been able to speak with him, I guess he was on the field and couldn't pick calls then.'

'Then when should I expect a report?' the Inspector General sounded disappointed.

'I'll call you immediately after I speak with him.'

'Please do, don't forget that His Excellency is willing to reward you handsomely if you do this and will even do more if your organization's input leads to a notable advancement in this case.' Chief Rikau said temptingly.

'I've heard you sir, I'll do everything I can.' the reply came enthusiastically.

_________

'I hear that you're ready to help us fight your boss,' the masked man sitting before Cole said.

Cole was sitting on the floor with with shackles on his hands and legs. He noticed under the light Rex's eyes which were not enclosed under the mask and stared hard for some minutes, trying to identify the person whose face was under the mask.

His eyes were suddenly met with the back of Rex's palm and that sent him into a temporary state of blindness for almost a minute. He regained his vision but it was blur for few more minutes.

'Answer my question before you get yourself into a deeper mess,' Rex threatened.

'Yes, I am ready to help you fight you people fight Samantha Osman.' Cole replied stammering. 'But I gave you the conditions already, if you agree, then we're good to go.'

Rex smiled. He knew Cole thought he was Stainless. 'This is my first time of having a chat with you, so I wasn't the one you made the deal with. Well, I think I have to introduce myself to you first,' Rex said and adjusted his seating position. 'My name is Elvis and I'm out to get your boss, Tarasha. I killed Benny your colleague and did the same to Aisha Bello today, all because I want to get Tarasha and they won't cooperate. I was glad however when Stainless told me about your willingness to help and I'll also l like to work with you but we'll have to change the terms.' Rex paused.

'My parents must not be touched,' Cole stated with emphasis on the word 'must'.

'They'll be released as soon as you agree with my terms,' Rex replied him with a wry smile.

'So what do you want to change in the terms? You don't want to pay me the money I asked for?' Cole questioned, sniffing in as he could now see clearly again.

'No, I want to offer you something bigger.' Rex said temptingly. 'But I'll like to share a background about your boss and myself.'

Cole narrowed his eyes at him and sniffed in again, wondering what the stranger could know about his boss.

'I know you work closely with her on programming, you must have seen some of her secrets but without understanding them because they are coded. Tarasha is from the Nefary Clan, a rival clan to mine, the Villary Clan. Her username should be coded with the keywords Tar__Nef,' he said briefly and paused to see Cole's reaction. 'The Nefary Clan trained her to be who she is while I was trained and I'm a son of the Villary Clan. Well I won't bore you with details but it's important you note that the Nefary Clan broke out of the Villary Clan; most of their operations are copied from the Villary Clan. So I'll like for you to understand that you can't lie to me about her operations,' Rex paused again and have an evil smile. 'With that established, I'll like for you to reconsider your decision and the deal, if you're planning to lie to me, it won't be successful.' Rex stopped as he noticed someone enter behind him.

'I've ordered some boys to keep watch on him,' Stainless said as soon as his eyes met with Rex's.

'Okay,' Rex replied him and turned back to Cole. 'Are you sure you want to join us to fight your boss?' Rex asked again.

'Yes,' Cole answered in an uncertain tone, not knowing whether to believe all what Rex had said or not.

'You're not sure yet, I'll give you an hour to think,' Rex said as he got up and hurried out with Stainless.

_______

Dave watched the security service officers and policemen from his car as they walked in and out of the place. He could have gone closer but for the fear of being recognized by the police or any member of the NIS. He was impatient for the officers to leave so that he could enter into the facility and carry out his own observation. His phone rang and distracted him temporarily from his utmost desire at that moment.

One look at the phone's screen and he let out a deep breath. It was his boss calling, the same whose call had given him the excuse to rush out of Jumoke's house, he totally forgot to return the call.

'Hello sir,' he said in a low tone as he answered.

'How are you doing Dave? I'm been trying to reach you for sometime now,' the caller rapped in quickly.

'I'm fine sir, how about you?'

'I'm fine too,' the caller replied. 'Where are you? I need to see you as soon as possible.'

'Ermm... I'm quite busy now sir. I might not be chanced until next tomorrow,' Dave replied.

'Where are you exactly, I could come to you if need be.' the caller offered.

'There'll be no need for that sir, I'll come to you once I'm less busy.' Dave retorted.

'Dave, where are you?' the caller asked in a stubborn tone.

'Sir, I'm somewhere very far from home. Can't it wait until I'm back?' Dave replied stubbornly, refusing to give out his location.

'Dave, are you somewhere outside planet earth?' his caller replied angrily. 'It's very urgent I see you within twelve hours.'

'That'll be impossible sir, but since you say it's very important, can't we discuss whatever it is on phone?'

'We're not calling on a protected line Dave, don't you have that in mind? Our call details can be retrieved from the network operators, you know.'

'Sir, since it's that serious. I think we should just leave it till next tomorrow.'

'Okay Dave, since you're being stubborn. I order that you report to the office tomorrow morning unfailingly by six, no questions, no arguments.'

'But sir...'

'No questions, no arguments...' the caller repeated in a strong tone.

'Sir, I'm far from there. I can't make it there as early as that.'

'Get yourself here tomorrow, anyhow you can. Goodnight Dave, see you by six in the morning.'

The call ended and Dave heaved a sigh of frustration. All his plans that night had been disrupted by just one call. He opened the message app on his phone and quickly sent a text to Jumoke informing her that he'll be back later than he earlier said.

He stared towards the house again, watching sadly as the security officers rounded up their activities, he couldn't go in to do his personal investigation like he wanted to do anymore. He wished he was a policeman or had the police uniform, he would have just gone that moment to make his investigation. His eyes met with something as he was about looking away, he saw two officers that looked like Agent James and Senior Agent Tim. 'Poor officers,' Dave remarked as he watched the men enter a vehicle.

He shrugged and then placed his finger on the engine switch. He about to push the button when he heard a short tone sound behind him. He glanced back and saw the screen of his tablet device come on. He reached for it and placed it on his laps. He unlocked and then opened swiped down the notification bar. The file from the NSCC app had completed downloaded and that was the notification he got. He clicked on the download box and opened the file. His video player loaded for five seconds and played a DVD selection page. All videos contained were recordings of the activities at the several parts in and outside the house in which Samantha Osman was said to have killed her loyalists, an hour before people began to hear the gunshots to an hour after it seized. After choosing two video options, he finally selected one that caught his attention.

He could see Don who was now late, leaving the gate of the house in focus after attaching something to the inner side. He crossed back the two carriageways and entered into a vehicle that had three other men in it. Then a discussion ensued between the men in the car which Dave couldn't hear. He forwarded the video to the point where three men came out of the car and crossed to the house, being followed behind closely by a man who wore a mask.

Dave paused the video for a moment, wondering why there was no security official around then and no Security camera official to report the suspicious movement. He zoomed the video and observed the first three men who were close to the gate, he discovered that they were the three who died.

He shook his head with a sigh. He had known since he heard the news that not the details were correct. The police had made the report sound and look like Don Dan and Aisha Bello had been in the house before Samantha Osman went in to kill them but from what Dave could see. Samantha Osman and Aisha Bello had been inside all the while, it was Don and three other guys who had come to attack them, the masked one being the leader who was not killed.

He locked his tab and moved it to the back seat tiredly. He wondered why he was being so attached to this, to the point of even trying to refuse an urgent call from his boss which could possibly lead to suspension as punishment or even dismissal from work.

He turned on the car engine and put on his seatbelt. He just had to forget everything about Samantha Osman, the assassinations and even Jumoke for the moment.

_______

'Do you want some more?' Jumoke asked her patient who was now seating on the three seater sofa. The centre table in front of her and she was munching quietly a piece of bread and beans cake and stepping it down with a cup of cold tea. She was putting on her bra and the bum short only, one of the straps of the bra was loosened to give space for the treated and dressed wound at her back.

Bread and bean cakes was what Jumoke had gone to get outside for Dave and herself when she saw a car park by. She thought it was Dave who had returned in a cab, only for her to be disappointed when she saw a lady who came out staggering for balance and looking drunk. She only decided to take a closer view and had discovered that the lady was in quick need of medical attention.

'No, thanks. I'm okay with this, thank you for your hospitality.' Tarasha replied her, trying hard to smile.

'You're welcome miss,' Jumoke replied with mixed feelings. She was scared she has done the wrong thing by helping a criminal and began to think that only way she could right the wrong was by handing the criminal to the police. On a second thought, she realized she would be in trouble when the police asks how she had gotten the instruments used in treating her and why she had not reported to the police immediately.

Tarasha couldn't tell for a certain what was going on in her host's mind but she knew that there was uneasiness.

There was a silence of over two minutes as Tarasha continued to eat until Jumoke spoke. 'Ermm...' she faked a smile. 'I want to get some drugs for you, you need them now since you've lost a lot of blood.' Jumoke concluded and turned to leave.

'Don't go!' Tarasha said sharply. 'Don't inform the police.'

Jumoke turned back in shock, wondering how she knew what was on her mind.

'You'll get yourself in trouble if you do,' Tarasha continued, seeing she had caught her attention. 'Don't you recognize me?' Tarasha asked.

Jumoke moved closer a bit to scan the face but was careful not to move too close, afraid that it was only a ploy to hurt her. A few seconds of studying the face got Jumoke searching her memory desperately to remember where they had met before.

'I brought in Stephanie Williams, Aisha Bello's parents and another couple to your hospital,' Tarasha chipped in.

'Oh!' Jumoke froze for a second as it dawned on her that she had not just helped a notorious criminal but a widely known one at that, Samantha Osman. Her knees began to vibrate at the thought of the trouble she had gotten herself into, wondering if Samantha Osman would let her live.

'You helped me, I won't hurt you.' Tarasha said to ease the tension she noticed had been created. 'I'm grateful to you.'

Jumoke stood still, arguing within herself whether to believe or not. The lady sitting before her did not sound like the Samantha that had been painted to them by the media. She wished that Dave would just come in at that moment, he would be able to handle the situation better since he had even been asking questions about Samantha recently. She began to glance at the door frequently hoping it will just open and Dave will walk in.

'Are you expecting someone?' Tarasha asked after noticing her constant stare at that door.

'Yesss... My boyfriend,' she replied.

'Who is he?' Tarasha asked, staring anxiously at Jumoke's face for an answer. She got none and realized that she probably hadn't understood the question. 'I mean is he a policeman or a security official of any form?'

'No,' Jumoke finally answered.

'Is he spending the night there?' Tarasha looked suddenly alarmed. She would have loved to leave the place immediately but she still felt very weak and had pains around the surface of her wound and her shoulder region which would not allow her carry her bag comfortably.

'He could,' she replied.

'Can you call him to find out where he is?' Tarasha asked. Their eyes met and Jumoke quickly looked away. She walked cautiously to the table and picked her phone, she stepped back before operating it.

'Oh! He's not returning tonight,' she said after seeing the text message. 'He sent a text,' she quickly added when she saw Tarasha staring at her looking unconvinced. She dropped the phone on the table for Tarasha to read the message and stepped back.

Tarasha picked up the phone and confirmed the message, she heaved a sigh of relief.

'I still need something from you,' Tarasha spoke after another moment of silence. Jumoke was quiet. 'Can I pass the night here? I'll be gone before you wake up tomorrow morning,' Tarasha offered.

Jumoke heart skipped a beat as she considered it, not that she could refused anyway but the request still got her panicking. She cursed Dave in her heart, this was the time she needed him most but he was nowhere to be found as usual.

'You can refuse if you want to, I'll gladly take my leave, you've done enough for today.' Tarasha quickly offered on seeing her dilemma.

'No, you can stay.' Jumoke finally found her voice.

'Thank you but there's still one thing left.'

'What's that?'

'Can you drive?'

Stephanie could feel his palm squeeze hers warmly. She could scent his perfume and hear his voice but she couldn't open her eyes to welcome him as she would have loved to. She was determined to follow Dave's instructions and see the outcome.

'When will she wake up?' she could hear Agent James ask someone.

'I don't know for sure but you'll be able to talk to her tomorrow.' a doctor replied her.

'Are you sure that drug would not affect her brain or do any damage to her?' Her heart skipped a beat as she heard agent James ask the question. He had just partially confirmed what Dave told her.

She hoped Agent James wasn't part of the ploy for her to lose part of her memory? That would get her angry and at the same time disappointed. He had always her protector while he was in Lagos. People who knew how close they were argued that there was something between the two of them.

'I believe the doctor who was on duty should have explained to you already,' the doctor spoke.

'Yes, it won't affect her in any negative way.' Inspector Mac's voice sounded. 'Can we take our leave now?' he said impatiently, seeing the way Agent James was attached to Stephanie.

'We'll be back tomorrow morning,' Agent James said and released her palm.

'Agent sir,' James received a call from Agent Tim on his way to the car in the hospital garage with Inspector Mac.

'As usual Samantha had her face disguised again but we're tracing the cab she joined. The mysterious guy who was with Don and co disappeared without the cameras capturing how he left but the vehicle he came with was left behind.'

'So what's the next step now sir?'

'Connect with the office as they try to locate the cab. The Inspector General has asked us to ignore the mysterious man. He's an Agent of the NIS who is acting an undercover.'

Read more parts on www.youngicee.com

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Skimpledawg(m): 7:27pm On May 16, 2017
When kingofcasting visits ur thread grin
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 11:56pm On May 16, 2017
CHAPTER 7 Part 5

Inspector Mac

Agent Tim

Agent James

Agent Dakolo

Tarasha had the four officers profile documented on a page, the picture of each officer placed beside the texts. She had taken time to carefully study in order to detect which of the officers might have been working with Don Daniel. She also studied their full upright pictures to see if any one had the same posture or body size which was like the man who killed Aisha and shot her but there was none.

Before that, she had made a search on the top assassination and robbery gangs in Nigeria and still found the Nanl Gang to be on top of the list. There was no other gang that was as powerful as the Nanl. This made her narrow down her search to the police and other security agencies to see if the new man was a special agent working on the Samantha Osman's case and had probably worked in Don Dan's gang as an undercover. But even with her narrowed down search, she had gotten no result yet. She was very sure that the new man was a well bred and trained personnel who wasn't Don's match or inferior. The penetration of the bullets through the sofas and the one into her arm had further proved that the new enemy needed to be paid special attention to, but she still didn't know how well bred and trained he was and couldn't ascertain if he was from the security agencies or he was an illegal agent.

The phone on the table vibrated as she minimized the page and maximized the NSCC app. She picked up the phone and looked at the screen to see the caller, it was Chief Gabriel. She swiped right to answer the call.

'Good day Chief, I was planning to call you very soon. Anyways, welcome to Nigeria.' she rapped.

'Humm... Thank you,' Chief Gab appeared to be surprised with the way his voice sounded. 'How did you know I'm now in Nigeria?'

'You still have a lot of training to do with your guys, cloning your phone number as foreign would not work when you call someone like me. Now lets go to the reason you called, I also have something to discuss with you.'

'Alright, I don't think I have to tell you again that I'm in Lagos. I came to pick some few things but I'll also like to see you before I leave.'

'And what's the reason you want to see me?' she asked.

'I have to discuss some important things with you,' Chief Gab replied.

'What could that be? I think we can discuss whatever it is now if it's very important, because I'm in the mood to listen to you.'

'We can't discuss it on phone,' Chief Gab said. 'We have to see and talk.'

'Alright, we can have a video chat then.' she suggested.

'No Tarasha,' he said in a stubborn tone. 'We have to meet physically, a video chat won't do.'

'Maybe you're not ready for a discuss then, I'm very busy now. I don't think I can spare time and leave what I'm doing.'

'But what about the time you are going to have for the video chat? Isn't that enough time to spare for us to meet physically?'

'Doing a video chat would offer me the opportunity to do other things while I talk to you, but it won't be the same when we meet physically?'

'Tarasha, I want us to meet tomorrow 3pm unfailingly. Do all you can to be in Lagos then, I'll text you the address.' Chief Gab said with a note of authority.

'And what if I don't show up?'

'You have no choice, I'm your boss here and I give the orders. You are working for me, so you listen to me.' Chief Gab blared in an angry tone.

'But I'm about your work already,' Tarasha retorted with less energy, knowing Chief Gab was right with his argument.

'Then if you're about my work, you should give more attention to the person who gave you the job.'

'3pm tomorrow Chief, text your address as soon as possible.' she succumbed.

'Good, you'll get it in no more than a minute after I end this call.'

'Till then Chief.'

'Till then,' the Chief replied as his voice faded away. The call was ended.

Tarasha dropped the phone gently on the table and turned back to the system. Her eyes widened at what she met on the screen. The NSCC application had opened and the camera was directly on the position where Henry had his car parked. Two other cars had joined, one in front and the other at the back. There was a suspicious looking man who was walking around the vehicles and peeping through the window glasses. The man finished with the first car and attached something to the back. Then he proceeded to the second car, the one in the middle which was the one Henry drove in. He repeated the same process of checking through the window glasses and then attached a similar device to the car. He was taking out the devices from somewhere under his jacket.

He moved to the third car and repeated the same whole process for the third car. Then he turned, his face now to the camera and Tarasha cut his image with the cut tool, she zoomed the photo and squinted as she paid close attention to his face. He had his head slightly bowed in the captured image and only more of his hair could be seen. She exited the zoomed image and returned to the live stream, the man had returned to the first car to cross check what he did.

She now believed that Henry had no hand in the deactivation of her NSCC account. There had been nobody following his car from the base, so it couldn't have been that he was traced there. It only meant either he was being expected or she was being expected at the NSCC Headquarters by someone. Who the person was she didn't know for sure but she placed a ninety percent possibility of it being the same man who attacked her with late Don Dan.

Another thought struck her mind as she rose to her feet. If her new thought was accurate, then it had to be a hundred percent possibly that it was the same man who almost killed her who was behind this new trick. He must have been able to deactivate the NSCC account with information from Cole. She knew at once that there was trouble and Henry was in danger.

In a twinkle of an eye, the lights in the computer room turned red and returned white again, a short alarm tone sounded from the main system speakers. She turned back to the system, the man was now at the back of the third car, he took out a phone from his back pocket and placed it on his ear. He began to talk as he walked away.

Tarasha minimized the app to see the notification which made the alarm sound and caused the blinking of the light. It was a notification from the NSCC app, her account had been restored and the log-in details changed. That meant Henry was done and would be coming out of the NSCC Headquarters not too long after, without being aware of the danger awaiting him outside. She picked her phone and typed his number into the dial pad, she clicked on the green button and turned round the table to the wall surrounding sofas as she placed the phone to her ear. She opened the seat of the sofa and searched for suitable arms to select. She paused to redial Henry's number as the connection ended without the call being answered. She tried the second time but he still didn't answer.

'Boss,' Stainless spoke into the phone as he walked away from the cars, he had a small bag hung around his neck but was hidden under his jacket.

'Have you installed the devices?' Rex asked.

'Yes, I'm walking back now.'

'Don't walk back, cross to the other side and hide somewhere directly opposite the cars and watch. I just got the alert now, Samantha's NSCC account has just been restored, that means she's in the building.'

'Okay, so what do I do if I see her come to the car?' Stainless asked, looking left, right and left again as he made his way across the carriageway.

'Just take note of the car she enters and notify me immediately. You make use of your InstantVoice, put it on right now.'

'Okay,' Stainless said. He took out the InstantVoice communication device from his bag and clipped it to the front of his jacket's collar. He put the small wireless earpiece in his left ear.

__

Rex had his eyes fixed on his tablet's screen which streamed live a footage of the NSCC gate and a few metres square around it. He watched and waited keenly for Tarasha to show up from the NSCC gate. He knew she would be disguised and decided to monitor strictly any lady that comes out from the gate.

________

'Oh!' Mr Sylvester exclaimed as his eyes met with Steve who walked into his office. 'You're done already?' he asked like he didn't know the answer to the question.

'Yes, I'm done.' Steve said, closing the door behind him. He could feel a vibration in his pocket as he walked towards the table. He had avoided answering the two calls from Tarasha in the NSCC control room because he didn't want to speak with her in front of Dayo. With the short length of the new vibration, he could sense that he had received a text message and he hoped it was from her.

'Please be seated,' Mr Sylvester said cheerfully. 'So the program FRCappers is produced for two million naira?' he asked, after waiting for Steve to settle.

'Yes, my Agency got it for that amount.' Steve replied, positioning himself well on the seat. He took out his phone from his pocket and turned on the screen.

'Hmm... I wish I had enough money, I could have gotten that for us here. We have so many other programs we need too but it's a pity that the government would not invest more in this commission. They even refused to pay some of our own programmers here the money they deserve and that's why we have the challenge of retaining the likes of Henry Ekene George.' Mr Sylvester said. He looked at Steve's face and Steve seemed to be absent minded, he was focused on something on his phone. 'Are you here?' Mr Sylvester said, tapping the finger of the other palm which was placed on the table.

'Yes, of course.' Steve looked up and faked a smile. 'It's sad the way our government are treating our talented people. That's why most of these young ones go to work abroad and never come back home. They remain there because they are appreciated and rewarded handsomely.'

'That's true,' Mr Sylvester put in.

'But I still think it's better nowadays that some years ago. The government still pays us more attention than they use to do but we just still have a very long way to go.' Henry said. He glanced at his phone's screen and read the message again, he could feel sweat forming on his forehead as he imagined what would happen next. The message read, 'Do all you can to remain in the NSCC building until I tell you otherwise. It's a trap, there's danger outside.'

'Is there anything?' Mr Sylvester asked, noticing his shaken state.

'Nothing really,' Steve said, faking another smile. He took out a white neatly folded handkerchief and touched his forehead gently with it, careful not to clean off the makeup. 'I'm just feeling a little headache but it'll pass,' he said, closing his eyes.

'Oh then, I think I should let you be on your way now. You probably need to rest,' Mr Sylvester said with concern in his voice.

'Oh no,' he opened his eyes immediately. 'It's nothing really, I'm not about to leave yet.'

Mr Sylvester paused to stare at his face for a moment, he folded his arms and relaxed into his chair. He was surprised at the sudden outburst and Steve's unwillingness to leave at that moment when that should be the normal thing.

Steve realized that the voice tube under his tongue had mistakenly slipped up and the man might have heard his voice sound like Henry's. He moved it back under the tongue carefully.

'Then what are you planning to do if you are not leaving yet?' Mr Sylvester asked. 'I thought you're done with the job.'

The question seemed like a trap to Steve. It was of course to be expected after he said he wasn't planning to leave yet but he had no answer for it.

'Ermm...' he stammered for a while. ' I have some programs I'll like to introduce to you here, some of my own designed programs. That's what I wanted to do before leaving.'

'Hmm... Well, are you sure you can do that today or you'll like to come back some other time?' Mr Sylvester asked, unfolding his arms as he sat up.

'Yes, I'll like to do that today.' Steve answered.

'Em...' Mr Sylvester frowned as he checked the time. 'Well, I just think you'll have to come back because I've got some work to do right now, I won't be able to attend to you.'

'I can show it to someone else who is less busy,' Steve persisted.

'No one is less busy,' Mr Sylvester retorted.

'I mean Mr Dayo, I could show my works to him.'

'Mr Dayo?' Mr Sylvester raised a brow. 'How did you know his name? I don't remember you two introducing yourself to each other.'

Steve had flopped and he knew it, he was thinking of a lie to say when Mr Sylvester spoke again.

'And he also said you didn't chat with him at all through out your period of work.'

Steve would have made another flop again if not for Mr Sylvester's impatience and not allowing him talk before he said what Mr Dayo said. Steve had wanted to lie that he had a conversation with Dayo, not knowing that Dayo had told Mr Sylvester of his absolute silence.

'I saw it on his ID card,' Steve finally came up with a good lie. 'He came so close to me to watch my activities.'

'Oh! I see,' Mr Sylvester nodded slowly, staring at Steve with his eyes partly closed. He had his chin on his palm whose elbow rested on the arm of his swivel. 'But Mr Dayo is not less busy right now, he had to leave some of his responsibilities just to stay with you and I think that's enough troubles for him already.'

'Sir, I do promise you it won't take time.' Steve said, almost pleading even though he wasn't sure he could keep the promise. His leaving depended on when Tarasha would call for him.

'I think we've tried enough for you today,' Mr Sylvester said in a repulsive tone. 'Just come some other time if you do not want us to regret giving you audience,' he said, it sounded more like a threat.

'Hmm...' Steve sighed. 'But what about if I install the softwares there now and you check them when you're free?' he asked, make another trial to convince the man.

Mr Sylvester heaved a sigh. He stared at Steve with a bad eye to express his displeasure and Steve got the message. He knew there was no way Mr Sylvester was going to be convinced, he could tell that the man was already regretting having him at the first instance.

'Okay sir, I'm sorry for the troubles. I'll take my leave now,' Henry rose slowly to his feet. He dropped a software disk from his bag gently on the floor as he got up. 'Thank you so much for your help sir, I'll return some other time like you suggested.'

'It's okay, just leave now.' Mr Sylvester said impatiently.

He watched Steve walk out of the door and heaved a sigh of relief. From a strange person whom he was interested in knowing, Steve had reduced himself by his last act to a desperate programmer who wanted to sell his less innovative program.

_________

Cole and his partner sat quietly at the same table, they both had snacks and a bottle of coke each before them but there was still a feeling of uneasiness especially for the other man. They had been waiting for several hours but they had no option than to wait for Rex's instruction.

After hours of waiting, Cole's phone finally rang, the long awaited call had come. It was a moment Cole had wished will never come, he hoped in his heart that Rex and Stainless would just get killed while trying to attack Tarasha.

He answered the call and placed it on his ear without speaking. 'We've confirmed that she's in the NSCC Headquarters, you can now go into the base.' Rex voice sounded and the call ended without a chance for him to reply.

His eyes met with his partner's as he dropped the call, the man understood what the call meant. They rose at the same time and Cole proceeded to pay for the barely touched bottle of coke and snacks they had ordered for.

_________

Tarasha had a soft white jacket on top of her plain white top. The very skinny trouser she wore underneath was also as white as the tops. It had several enclosed pockets at the sides of but she only made use of two to store her two pistols at different sides. She also had some tiny tools in the inner pocket of her jacket.

Her choice of white was made for two reasons, she wanted Henry to be able to locate her easily when the need arises and the other reason was because she didn't have enough time to disable to NSCC cameras from working for the moment, the white clothes she wore were made of a special material which will only not cause a high reflection of sun rays but make her full image totally blur white to the camera. If not for the two important reasons, putting on white would have been more of a disadvantage.

She proceeded towards the door and picked her backpack along the way. In her backpack were more bullets and arms, masks and other things she could need. She went back into the computer room and walked straight to the master system, she tapped the keyboard and unlocked it. She was about to run a program with which she'll use to turn on the security for the whole facility and lock the doors when the lights blinked severally and a long alarm tone sounded. She paused and flashed a quick look around the place before turning back to the computer to see what the cause of the alarm was. The alarm was still beeping. Someone was trying to break in.

____

The InstantVoice is a communication device that works with a mechanism similar to the picking of radio signals. It usually comes in twos or threes and sends voice messages from the speaker instantly to the other one or two devices which receives the voice signal as far as they are switched on.

Read Parts 2 - 5 on www.youngicee.com
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by do4luv14(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2017
Hmmm action till start,
welcome back cole
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by queenitee(f): 10:45am On May 17, 2017
Mehn, getting hot
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by dimssy(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2017
queenitee:
Mehn, getting hot
it is hot already
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 10:49pm On May 20, 2017
Chapter 7 pt 2

Mr Sylvester was deeply engaged with something on his computer when he heard a knock on his door. 'Who is it?' he barked, angry that he was being disturbed and wondering why his secretary did not inform him about the visitor. He believed it was a visitor because the doorbell wasn't used. He minimized the opened window on his system to check who the visitor was through the monitoring cameras but the door opened before he could see anything.

His hand dropped from the mouse and he sighed as he saw Steve walk in again. He checked the time, Steve had left his office for over thirty minutes ago, he expected that he should have gone far already.

'I'm sorry sir, I believe I forgot something in your office. I've checked the control room and it isn't there,' Steve said before the man could ask what he wanted.

'What did you forget?' Mr Sylvester asked coldly.

'A disk, I couldn't find it in my bag.' Steve replied as he approached the table. He searched the table with his eyes for a moment, he could feel Mr Sylvester eyes suspiciously following him as he searched. He then pulled back the visitor's chair he had sat on earlier and stared at the ground. 'Oh! I found it already,' he exclaimed and bent to pick it. 'Here is it sir,' he said with a smile, displaying the disk cover to the man.

Mr Sylvester narrowed his look to the cover, not because he was interested in the disk but to be sure that it wasn't something of his that Steve had taken. His gaze left the disk cover and was fixed on Steve's face.

Steve's smile faded away slowly, he felt blood suddenly rush through his veins as the man stared at him. He had intended to catch the man's attention with the software disk cover and was hoping that the man would be interested in knowing more about it and acquiring it. But it was not so, the disgusted look on Mr Sylvester's face said it all, he didn't care at all about what the disk was, all he wanted was for Steve to get out of the office and probably out of the world forever.

'Now that you've found what you lost, why are you still here?' Mr Sylvester barked.

'Em..' Steve smiled sheepishly. 'I will put it in my bag and leave your office,' he said foolishly, mentioning his words slowly. He still held the software in his hand.

'Get out of my office,' Mr Sylvester barked angrily, looking irritated as he leaned towards the table and picked his office phone.

'I'll get out sir,' Steve replied almost breathlessly. He hurriedly put the software disk into the system.

'Security, there's a man in my office now. He's about leaving, I want you people to ensure you see him leave this environment immediately, don't let him stick anywhere inside this facility.' Mr Sylvester said into the phone angrily, he looked up and Steve was already closing the door after getting out.

_____

Cole closed the gate carefully after his partner entered behind him. He looked around the compound briefly and turned to his partner, 'We're going to meet Henry E.G inside, so we are not going in as enemies. We'll walk in casually and I'll introduce you as my friend, he shouldn't suspect anything. Do you understand?'

The man nodded silently in reply.

'Also, when he asks me questions and I start telling him stories, just pretend as if you know all about what I'm saying and as if they are true.'

He nodded again like a dumb person.

Cole eyes wandered around the main building again and the spaces around, he observed the parking space and took note of the vehicles there. He also looked towards the points where cameras were placed in the compound. He heaved a sigh of frustration as he proceeded forward, his partner following behind.

This task would have been simpler for him if Rex didn't pay too much attention to details. He had planned not to destroy Tarasha's connections and network lines like he was asked to but to temporarily disable in a way she can easily re-enable it when she returns, then to drop a note which will apologize and explain his actions and the mess he was in to Tarasha. But with the strict instructions Rex had given him, he would have no other choice than to paralyze the network lines completely. Rex strict order was that he took a screenshot of every major step of the operation and the final result, the pictures would be a proof that he really did the job. Rex had also instructed that he destroyed the cables, dish and any physical apparatus that could enable her create another network in two weeks and his partner was asked to take pictures of him as he did this.

_____

Tarasha squinted as her eyes met with Cole's face on the screen, she stepped back and watched as Cole looked around the house and said somethings in whispers to his partner before they started proceeding forward. Her mind began to work at once and she was certain that Cole must have been given an assignment by the enemies, she wondered what it was. She took a glance at the timer on her wrist and heaved a sigh. Her decision would have been to hide somewhere and wait to watch what was Cole's mission but it was a hard one to make because of her inability to predict the amount of time Henry had to stay in the NSCC office. She touched the mouse to move the camera focus with Cole and his partner's movement and watched as they approached the main door. Cole put his access card into reader and the door gave way.

Tarasha closed the stream and switched to the cameras inside the building. Cole and his partner had entered but Cole was waiting to lock the door back with his access card. She took two steps back from the computer to think. After about forty seconds, she finally decided to wait and see Cole's plan. Henry would have to wait longer in the NSCC building, she believed he could waste more time on the system and lie to the officials that he wasn't done yet.

She walked away from the table to a locker not to far away and took out a flash drive. She returned to the main control system and inserted the drive. After copying a file from the system into the drive, she shut down the system and walked out with the drive, a tablet device and her bag.

___

'Hello, anybody in here?' Cole shouted in as he walked on slowly into the living room. He looked around and noticed that all the windows were locked and the curtains drawn. He signaled for his partner to wait in the living room while he proceeded further, calling for anyone who could be in the house. He returned two minutes later and motioned for his partner to join him as he led him to the control room.

He switched on the bulb in the control room when he entered and he proceeded straight to the master system. He opened up the screen and pressed the boot button, he motioned his partner to a seat beside him while he also sat in front of the system. He took sometime to look around as the computer booted, he observed carefully how the cables connected to the network dish outside the house were arranged, they were all hidden inside the casings. There was a receiver hung on the wall close to the ceiling at the edge of the left side wall which had a green light on, signaling the presence of signals. He was to destroy everything - the connection settings on the master system which will make the light on the receiver turn red and then the physical cables and appliances which ensured the connection and receiving of signals. His partner's job was to support his operation, especially if there was any unforseen situation which arose and also to take the pictures as Cole destroyed the physical wires and connection tools.

A thought struck Cole's mind as the system made a sound to signal the complete booting. The idea was to start with a note to explain to Tarasha the situation and also give out hints to her on Elvis- whom he now knew to be Rex- and how she would be able to locate them. He began to think of a way to get his partner busy while he composed the note.

'Hey, can you turn on the system. I want you to help with a job there,' Cole said, pointing towards the system at the end of the long table.

His partner shrugged. 'Of course, if it's something I can do.' he rose up and journeyed towards the system he was pointed to. Cole opened the Microsoft notepad application and began to type as fast as possible.

'What am I supposed to do for you?' Cole's partner asked after he got to the place and pressed the boot button.

____

Tarasha watched Cole's actions through the device in silence. She couldn't read the expression on his face because of the light from the screen he was focused on. She deeply wondered what his mission could be. She enlarged the view point and watched to see what he was doing on the laptop. She could see him typing words into the notepad application. What could he be typing? She asked herself. If not for the speed at which he was typing, she could have concluded that he was trying to draft out codes for a program but with his fast speed, she knew he wasn't writing codes but English words.

Something vibrated on the drawer by her bedside. She rose from the bed which she was sitting in and picked up her phone. There was a text message and it was from Henry. She swiped down the notification bar and dragged in the text message

'I got into trouble with the NSCC boss and he has ordered the security men to throw me out. They are behind me now, following to see that I go out immediately.'

'Shit!' she cursed and hit her fist on the drawer. She hurriedly returned to the bed and put the tablet device she was using to monitor Cole into her backpack. She strapped it to her back and hurried out of her room, taking one of her guns out of the pocket on her trouser.

_________

'Hey men! You got to take this easy,' Steve said to the security men who had been told to ensure he gets out of his building and its surroundings.

'Just go out, you can use your phone outside.' the middle aged security man replied him as they pushed him gently from behind with a club.

'I'm not playing with it, I'm sending a text message, can't you see?'

'That's not my concern,' the man barked as he pushed Steve forward with his club. The other security man opened the smaller entrance of the gate and Steve was pushed outside.

Henry heaved a sigh of frustration as the gate was slammed behind him. He straightened his cloth and looked around carefully to see if there was anything or anyone watching around. The environment looked it's usual way. He straightened his cloth again, not knowing what next to do as his heart began to thump faster. He took two steps forward and turned back to look at the gate again, adjusting the bag on his back tighter. He felt a short vibration in his pocket. He took out his phone, the screen was turned on already. He waited two seconds for the screen light to adjust to the new surrounding light before he dragged down the notification bar. It was a text message from Omotara replying his.

'Stay still when you get outside, don't look around.' the message read.

'Oh!' Henry heaved a sigh. He had already gone against the instruction which came in late but he decided to carry it out anyway. He took two steps closer to the road but fixed his eyes on his phone. Another text message entered.

'Walk in the opposite direction to your car, DO NOT look towards where your car was parked.'

Like a robot, he turned to the opposite direction and began to walk slowly, still holding the phone in his hand and waiting for more instruction.

'Try as much as possible not to look afraid, you're disguised and they can't recognize you. Just walk as fast as possible, make sure you follow the three instructions accordingly.' a third message entered.

Henry began to walk fast. He had followed the last two instructions properly but the first one unfortunately came after he did the opposite.

_______

'Try as much as possible not to look afraid, you're disguised and they can't recognize you. Just walk as fast as possible, make sure you follow the three instructions accordingly.' Tarasha said into her phone using the voice typing option. She clicked on send and then returned the phone into her pocket. Then she proceeded straight to the control room.

_______

'Who's this?' Rex muttered under his breath, asking no one in particular but himself. The man who had been pushed out from inside the NSCC facility was looking around. He placed two fingers on the device's screen and zoomed the video to the face of the man. He zoomed out almost immediately as he didn't know who the man was. He watched for some more seconds until the man began to go his way. The man looked quite suspicious but a lady was who Rex was expecting and he had viewed the man's head and chest well and was sure he wasn't a lady disguised as a man.

Still seated in his car and waiting patiently for Tarasha to come out of the NSCC gate. He had two earpieces with him, one in the left ear which he used to listen and communicate with Stainless while the other one was attached to the tip of his collar and transmitted Cole's voice from where he was.

'I'm sending two documents to that system, they both contain some codes, one of ten pages and the other twenty pages.' Cole's voice sounded loud through the earpiece in Rex's collar.

_________

'I'm sending two documents to that system, they both contain some codes, one of ten pages and the other twenty pages.' Cole began answering his partner's question of what he was supposed to help with after two minutes of focus on the note and ignoring the man. 'I want you to merge the documents, but the way to merge is the real task.' Cole paused to clear his throat. 'From each page of the ten pages document, you copy the last line of codes and you search for the same line of code in the twenty pages document, you create a one-line space above when you find it. After creating the space, copy the whole full one page of the ten pages document and paste it in the created space. Do you understand?'

'Yes, I do.' the other man replied.

'Ehen,' Cole said like he just remembered something. 'For each line of code you find in the twenty pages document, you will find more than one. You have to create spaces and paste above each line of codes you find.'

'Okay,' the man nodded, still staring towards Cole, his fingers on the mouse.

'I'll send it to you in two minutes,' Cole eyes scanned through the words on the notepad app again before he minimized it.

'Are all these connected to the network lines we are here to disable?' Cole's partner questioned.

'My job is to paralyze the network lines, your job is to help me and also take pictures.' Cole replied, sounding disgusted by the question. He moved the cursor on the system to the network and security option.

Just as he clicked on it, the door opened slowly and Tarasha entered.

Like a programmed device, Cole rose up to his feet instantly. He could recognize her perfectly even though she was wearing makeup to disguise.

Tarasha looked from left to right, at Cole who was staring down timidly and to Cole's partner who was looking shocked.

She raised her gun and sent a bullet into Cole's partner's chest. He tumbled and landed on the floor with the chair.

'You came to paralyze my network lines?' She said as she turned towards Cole, squinting at him with a questioning look. She pointed her gun to his head.

________

Rex could only hear Cole's voice clearly in the conversation because his partner was far away. He could only hear the other man's voice as very low whispers which he couldn't make any meaning from. He heard Cole speaking angrily to the other guy because that one had questioned him. There were no voices for very few seconds, he could only hear softly Cole's fingers on the keyboard and the sound made by the computer in refuting commands. Then every sound stopped and the next thing Rex heard was something which sounded like a gunshot, he was sure it was. Then he heard a lady's voice, but couldn't make out what she said.

'Damn it!' he cursed, landing his fists on the wheels as he realized what was happening. Tarasha was at the base and must have sent Henry to the NSCC office. Henry must have been the man he had seen come out of the place few minutes ago. He never imagined that Tarasha could send Henry to the NSCC Headquarters, since all he read about Henry never suggested he was an assassin nor that he ever underwent any form of physical training. He was sure Tarasha would be the one to come to the NSCC office because he expected her to have suspicions about the deactivation of the account. He expected her to expect some form of attack and that expectation would have allowed her come by herself and not send Henry who wasn't trained to handle any form of attack.

His speculations were true. Tarasha would have done exactly as Rex had thought if not for the mistrust issues she had against Henry. She would have known automatically that the source of the hacking of her NSCC account was from the gang that had Cole in hostage. She would have visited the NSCC office herself, prepared, and expecting an attack. She probably would have survived or escape Rex at the NSCC but Rex would have won through Cole whom he sent to the base.

Rex pushed the start button in the car and the engine came to life. He turned on the screen of his tablet device as he reversed out of the curb. He could no more see the man who came out through the NSCC gate but he still knew the direction which he took. He would probably loose Cole to Tarasha but he wasn't going to let Henry go. However, he still had suspicions about Henry being a secretly trained personnel or assasin but none of his research had confirmed that.

'Hello boss... Boss,' Stainless had been calling unto Rex but Rex had been too busy with his thoughts to reply.

'Yes, Stainless,' he answered, placing a finger gently on the earpiece.

'I thought you were saying something to me,' Stainless answered back.

'No, I wasn't.' Rex said. Stainless must have heard him when he cursed loudly.

'Okay boss.'

'Stay connected man, Tarasha isn't here. She sent Henry E.G and she's got Cole at the base. I'm going after E.G now, and I want you to take my position here to watch if anyone else comes out of the place' . Rex said.

'Okay boss,' Stainless replied. Rex could hear him accompanying it with a release of breath.

As Rex moved into the road, he could imagine what was happening on the other end of Cole and Tarasha with the little sounds he was now hearing. Cole might be gone but Henry had to be captured.

He drove on the fast lane on a high speed and didn't drive for so long before he spotted the man who had come out through the NSCC gate at the pedestrian side of the other carriageway, he was walking fast and holding his phone.

Read Chapter 7 Parts 3 to 6 on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 6:36am On May 21, 2017
Happy Sunday Fam! Kindly join us here too
https://www.nairaland.com/3808830/choices#56721109
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Oyinprince(m): 6:37am On May 21, 2017
You guys should drop your comments oo
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Alennsar(f): 9:53am On May 21, 2017
oh! how I wish I can just comment on your blog
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Audrinakane(f): 12:42pm On May 21, 2017
Keep up the good work dear . more ink to got pen but please nothing should happen to Tarasha
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by dimssy(m): 5:03pm On May 21, 2017
Oyinprince,
Well done oooo.
On behalf of the readers society of nairaland, I did my hat
Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Flakkydagirl: 5:09pm On May 21, 2017
That was quite thrilling.... Welldone Oyinprince. More knowledge.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge by Flakkydagirl: 5:10pm On May 21, 2017
That was quite thrilling.... Welldone Oyinprince. More knowledge.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (48) (Reply)

Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Meant To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 447
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.