Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,932 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? (1799 Views)

How Much Where You Charged On You Naira Debit Card Today For Online Payment? / 5 Things People Wrongly Believe That No Longer Work / Updates On Naira Debit Cards Limit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by chibecan: 2:24am On Oct 16, 2016
I have been having this problem of making a purchase with my Nigerian Paypal which is linked to my UBA Naira Mastercard .
The error message below is what I have been getting;
Funding Options
Error Message
You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card.
Please what is the probable cause of this and how do you thing is the possible solution(s)?
Thanks.
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by chibecan: 4:51am On Oct 16, 2016
Anybody with knowledge should make an input on this pls
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by kishimi8(m): 4:59am On Oct 16, 2016
Yeah, they sent out alerts two days back, only dollar cards can follow such transactions for now, a copy of the text

Dear Customer, Naira cards will be temporarily unavailable for int'l use. Our foreign currency cards can be used internationally without limits. Get one today.
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by chibecan: 11:58am On Oct 16, 2016
kishimi8:
Yeah, they sent out alerts two days back, only dollar cards can follow such transactions for now, a copy of the text

Dear Customer, Naira cards will be temporarily unavailable for int'l use. Our foreign currency cards can be used internationally without limits. Get one today.
Thanks for the info.
Please how can one conveniently get the foreign currency equivalents?
Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by kishimi8(m): 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
chibecan:
Thanks for the info.
Please how can one conveniently get the foreign currency equivalents?
Thanks once again.

Just walk in to da bank, and ask for dollar card prepaid dollar card
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by naijadomainer: 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Redollarization of the economy then.that's also an issue.
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by tityboi: 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
The cbn governor and the banks are confused ...at this point how do they expect these people to source for dollars to fund the dollar card when they are not selling fuel
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by chibecan: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
kishimi8:

Just walk in to da bank, and ask for dollar card prepaid dollar card
Is there a dollar card that is prepaid apart from the ones linked to domiciliary accounts?
What end do they think such policy will achieve?
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by kishimi8(m): 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
chibecan:
Is there a dollar card that is prepaid apart from the ones linked to domiciliary accounts?
What end do they think such policy will achieve?
Don't ask me ask the bank, however it's still better than buying raw hard currency and cheaper, the cashless the better
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by chibecan: 6:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
kishimi8:

Don't ask me ask the bank, however it's still better than buying raw hard currency and cheaper, the cashless the better
They should have given enough time for people to tidy up things before the total ban
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by kishimi8(m): 7:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
chibecan:
They should have given enough time for people to tidy up things before the total ban

Reading comprehension is an issue for nigerians, fid you go through my answer to him at all or fid you just rush to comment,

kishimi8:

They said temporary and you just concluded as ban,
The temporary stoppage I'd probably due to banks breaking can rules
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
yes its that bad, over there at Ghana.nigerian students are trapped ad majority cannot withdraw money from their bank accounts I don't know the alternative of those students ts presently
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by chibecan: 7:03am On Oct 17, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
yes its that bad, over there at Ghana.nigerian students are trapped ad majority cannot withdraw money from their bank accounts I don't know the alternative of those students ts presently
Too bad
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by eben123(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2017
I can help you get a US card that you can use to shop on foreign sites without limit..you can also withdraw from ATM with this card and you can also withdraw your earnings from fiverr and other freelancing websites with it.all for a token..
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by silasbiz(m): 4:28pm On May 11, 2017
Here is a Nairaland post that will help you.
www.nairaland.com/3792362/get-u.s-virtual-credit-card
Re: Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? by tuns2(m): 5:59pm On May 11, 2017
kindly get a visa virtual card .. funding is easy .you can fund with naira and exchsnge rate is #400/$
to get one contact me on whatsapp 08106343909
visa virtual card cost #3000

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates Dropped Position As World’s Richest Man, Surprise Name Emerges / Start A Profitable Business with low capital / Selling Engine Oil Or Okrika Clothes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.