Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm (18280 Views)

MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO / Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Caseless: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2016
Good!

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:43am On Oct 16, 2016
Themind:
'Naturally' so many Nigerians are used to free monies, collect wages they do not work for. So when all these stopped they resulted into blackmailing the government and complaining forgetting they have the opportunity to make wealth.
What do you mean by those sh*t you wrote up there? Have you ever go out there to do survey of what ppl mean by 'Business is Bad' even when your own business is booming. Are salary earners also belongs to ur 'Naturally free money earners?'. You just don't conclude on something because its working for you... There are so many ppl who do the same work you're doing but things has gone bad for them cos of recession. Do you know majority of Nigerians eat from their own sweat without relying on government or anybody. You just don't talk like you're a Zombie.

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by pochoo: 8:44am On Oct 16, 2016
Themind:
It's only the hardworking, creatives and innovatives that can gain from this times. Naturally so many Nigerians are used to free monies, collect wages they do not work for. So when all these stopped they resulted into blackmailing the government and complaining forgetting they have the opportunity to make wealth.

Some spends all their 24 hrs on social media wasting their lives, not working and still complaining no food.

But while they are busy complaining everywhere on all the social media, some are smiling to the banks.
The truth is, there are business opportunities in every economic period (uptimes & downtimes) it takes those that can think deeply and are hardworking to take charge.

You nailed it bro.. Nigerians and free money

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by ceasare: 9:01am On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
i feel your pain i was just been optimistic by not mentioning the 2 of my tenants who have not paid rent for the last 18 months and they are still living in my accomodations. I could not evict them they have children and are struggling (recession) i don't want to feel responsible for making their children homeless.

God bless u 4 been compassionate.u never can tell when u shall reap this kind gesture....very unNigerian.
When I was in d Uni my landlords children tormented d life out of us.their mother was worst that Woman
Can curse n swear in Olympics and will win Gold medal.she will curse all d student that our parents will not
Reap or benefit from us for d slightest and mundane of things.that students are fraudstar and armed robbers
That's why they have expensive electronics and throw high budget birthday parties....
Fast forward many years down d line her step son(cool dude doesn't join d rest of d landlord children's to curse
And intimidate) called me that his younger ones want to come to Lagos to do petroleum distribution biz at d tank farms
At Apapa and needs accomodation( he has come visit my house in Apapa,slept couple of times,my street named
After my dad so he knows ow comfortable we are)I told him it ain't going b Possible they should bring their fathers house
To Lagos.even though I don't live with my folks again,my rooms still there with all my gadget I left and nobody
Uses the room.just my old girl and my nephew stays in d house still I won't give him a free bed and meal.......
Moral of it is whatever we sow today we will surely reap 1 day here on earth b4 taking d balance in heaven.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by shinebabe(f): 9:05am On Oct 16, 2016
Honza27:
Please Nairalanders

I need an expert in Soap making that will lecture me on how to start producing and how to go about it

Help a broda

If its dish washing soap, I can help out.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by AreaFada2: 9:10am On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
i feel your pain i was just been optimistic by not mentioning the 2 of my tenants who have not paid rent for the last 18 months and they are still living in my accomodations. I could not evict them they have children and are struggling (recession) i don't want to feel responsible for making their children homeless.

Very thoughtful. My my tenants were bad liars. Once one of them got paid at work, he won't return to the house for two weeks. Instead he would call his wife & kids to come collect food money from his hang out. You know kids cannot keep secret. They kids eventually told the caretaker. cheesy
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2016
AreaFada2:

Very thoughtful. My my tenants were bad liars. Once one of them got paid at work, he won't return to the house for two weeks. Instead he would call his wife & kids to come collect food money from his hang out. You know kids cannot keep secret. They kids eventually told the caretaker. cheesy
grin grin grin he thought he was been clever i guess, i mean, i don't understand why people choose not to pay their rents, for how long was he prepared to act in that manner? It's not easy for landlords too, i have to pay all kinda local council levies including maintainance of the properties, broken toilets, blocked drainages, suck away drainings and ETC yet tenants do not appreciate, it's not been easy i am thinking of selling up. embarassed .
i have an empty land i rent out as a mechanic work shop to a mechanic it's more profitable than dealing with residence tenants.

Another thing i don't understand is they seem to have a lot of children, while i the landlord has only one child.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by benELOHIM7(m): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2016
Colonization of nigeria by america
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by onatisi(m): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2016
They have not even started operating in Nigeria and yet they are making mouth. By the time the start ,their eyes go clear
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2016
ceasare:

God bless u 4 been compassionate.u never can tell when u shall reap this kind gesture....very unNigerian.
When I was in d Uni my landlords children tormented d life out of us.their mother was worst that Woman
Can curse n swear in Olympics and will win Gold medal.she will curse all d student that our parents will not
Reap or benefit from us for d slightest and mundane of things.that students are fraudstar and armed robbers
That's why they have expensive electronics and throw high budget birthday parties....
Fast forward many years down d line her step son(cool dude doesn't join d rest of d landlord children's to curse
And intimidate) called me that his younger ones want to come to Lagos to do petroleum distribution biz at d tank farms
At Apapa and needs accomodation( he has come visit my house in Apapa,slept couple of times,my street named
After my dad so he knows ow comfortable we are)I told him it ain't going b Possible they should bring their fathers house
To Lagos.even though I don't live with my folks again,my rooms still there with all my gadget I left and nobody
Uses the room.just my old girl and my nephew stays in d house still I won't give him a free bed and meal.......
Moral of it is whatever we sow today we will surely reap 1 day here on earth b4 taking d balance in heaven.
grin grin i guess you got your revenge then, you know? I ve never had problem letting out accomodations to students, they were my best tenants, although they can be loud and crowded the properties but they always pay their rents (in my experience anyway) perhaps because they do all sorts for money but it didn't bother me, it's not my business.

Unigerian? You could say that grin i was born in England perhaps i am been too western.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by AreaFada2: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
grin grin grin he thought he was been clever i guess, i mean, i don't understand why people choose not to pay their rents, for how long was he prepared to act in that manner? It's not easy for landlords too, i have to pay all kinda local council levies including maintainance of the properties, broken toilets, blocked drainages, suck away drainings and ETC yet tenants do not appreciate, it's not been easy i am thinking of selling up. embarassed .
i have an empty land i rent out as a mechanic work shop to a mechanic it's more profitable than dealing with residence tenants.

Another thing i don't understand is they seem to have a lot of children, while i the landlord has only one child.

My brother, when you look at those people, you wonder if this world will ever settle. Imagine a young man about 50 who already has many grandkids, brought grand kids and his own little kids, one by one, to live in a flat that he seems unable & unwilling to pay for.

They think landlord has lots of money & can afford to be father Christmas. Most have never moulded 100 blocks let alone lay a foundation, so how will they know the costs a landlord incurs?

Some will rather pay a lawyer to fight you than pay rent.

It's just that most other investments like stock/shares, bonds, savings are either too volatile or eaten away by inflation, so property seems a solid one.

If you build a small hall on a vacant plot & rent it out to a church, you will even have better rest of mind sef. cool
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Honza27(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2016
shinebabe:

If its dish washing soap, I can help out.

Pls how can i contact you..

Thnks
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by back2sender: 9:49am On Oct 16, 2016
rawpadgin:
he is not far from the truth though

i went to lagos, bought jeans & tops of about 80k

i sold everything under 2weeks

is the recession affecting me?

not really
I want to believe you are not from the indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan and thier fedora cap republic brothers.
These set of people are despicable.
They keep insulting northerner and SouthWest yet they refuse to relocate back to thier barren hunger infested land
We gave them education while the north feeds them yet dey still insult us.

We will give them the Awolowo treatment as it was done the BIAFRA war.
Awon Oloshi omoale jatijati flat head
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 16, 2016
AreaFada2:

My brother, when you look at those people, you wonder if this world will ever settle. Imagine a young man about 50 who already has many grandkids, brought grand kids and his own little kids, one by one, to live in a flat that he seems unable & unwilling to pay for.

They think landlord has lots of money & can afford to be father Christmas. Most have never moulded 100 blocks let alone lay a foundation, so how will they know the costs a landlord incurs?

Some will rather pay a lawyer to fight you than pay rent.

It's just that most other investments like stock/shares, bonds, savings are either too volatile or eaten away by inflation, so property seems a solid one.

If you build a small hall on a vacant plot & rent it out to a church, you will even have better rest of mind sef. cool
Absolutely! %1000 correct, you also mentioned they can afford legal fees to fight landlord instead of just paying that money to the landlord who might even consider and forfeit the tenants rest of debt, it's just wickedness and lack of consideration for the landlord.
i might try the church one, that's if they don't end up been problematic and come after me with their so called holy ghost fires and Angels grin grin i guess i do not want to go to court with 300 or more members of a church all they have to do is donate 1k each on legal fees.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by shinebabe(f): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2016
Honza27:

Pls how can i contact you..

Thnks

OK. Follow me, I'll follow back. Send a pm.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Honza27(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2016
shinebabe:

Done
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Judeoxide(m): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2016
Themind:
It's only the hardworking, creatives and innovatives that can gain from this times. Naturally so many Nigerians are used to free monies, collect wages they do not work for. So when all these stopped they resulted into blackmailing the government and complaining forgetting they have the opportunity to make wealth.

Some spends all their 24 hrs on social media wasting their lives, not working and still complaining no food.

But while they are busy complaining everywhere on all the social media, some are smiling to the banks.
The truth is, there are business opportunities in every economic period (uptimes & downtimes) it takes those that can think deeply and are hardworking to take charge.

you just nailed it...

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
yes grin grin because he bought jeans of 80k and perhaps sold for 100k now he believes he is a big business man. When 200k is not even enough to fuel some people's jeep. grin

Some people ni? and not you, because I bet you haven't seen 10k since 3months now, and by the way 200k not enough to fuel which person's car? na trailer The person dey drive?

Let's learn to encourage people,and celebrate them, not the other way round.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 10:30am On Oct 16, 2016
shinebabe:

Can i also follow to the Other Room grin?
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by shinebabe(f): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2016
Towncrier007:

Can i also follow to the Other Room grin?

That other room for me is a business room. Do you want to engage your time doing something productive, then this the room I teach that.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2016
Towncrier007:

Some people ni? and not you, because I bet you haven't seen 10k since 3months now, and by the way 200k not enough to fuel which person's car? na trailer The person dey drive?

Let's learn to encourage people,and celebrate them, not the other way round.
man! You are so funny, yes! you are right i haven't seen 10k grin grin since not only 3 months, for 2 years now i haven't seen 10k.
And oh! If you must know A Range Rover, mercedes 500 and a lexus 400 2016. Can consume more than 80k worth petrol in just one day, anyway i don't blame you, you have never driven any of these vehicles or owned one grin,
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by onward4life(m): 11:09am On Oct 16, 2016
Ahmadgani:
An emerging high-tech mobile phone
manufacturing giant, Akyumen Technologies
Corporation has given the Nigerian business
environment a clean bill of health inspite of the
current economic challenges facing the country.
The United States-based company which is at
present exploring ways to establish base in the
country, disagreed with the notion that foreign
firms are scared of coming to invest in Nigeria
due to the economic down-turn.

Rather, the 32-year old Chief Executive described
those pulling out or those who are afraid to
operate in the country as not being fair or
probably may have been in the business of
shortchanging Nigerians.
Speaking on the company’s plan to introduce
various ranges of telecommunication products
into the country’s market, the Chief Executive of
the firm, Aasim Saied said some of the devices
can be used to improve learning and to empower
the young ones with useful skills.
“We want to create jobs in any country that we
go and we also want to train personnel in the
highest possible customer service expertise so
that they can be at home with the technology we
offer.”
He said the firm will introduce 50 per cent
subsidy for students in selected primary and
secondary schools in the country as part of its
social responsibility to support education which
they benefited from.
He said currently Akyumen Technologies is
partnering 25 universities and colleges all over
the world in the use of its innovative devices for
academic exploits. Akyumen Technologies
started up in the state of California, United
States of America.
“We are a company with great commitment to
our social responsibility. In addition to creation
of jobs, we will also want to encourage a lot of
start-up businesses. One of the things that we
intend to do is to install our computers in
educational institutions in the country.”
We are in the process of setting up offices in
Nigeria, either Lagos or Abuja.
“In line with our desire to establish base in
Africa, we are going to set up our headquarters
in either Lagos or Abuja and arrangements to
that effect is being perfected,” he said.
On the issue of local content, he said the
company is going create a lot of local jobs by
allowing more local content in the devices.
According to him, although most of the
components of the mobile phones and other
devices are at the moment going to be imported,
but that there will a lot of local inputs in area of
content creation for the computer applications
and software development.
Speaking on the possibility of partnering various
sectors of the economy, he said there are huge
opportunities to be tapped in collaborating with
Nollywood film industry. He said Akyumen has a
lot to offer to the local film industry in the area
of application of latest technology to improve the
content and knowledge of the professionals in
the industry.
Unlike the practice where some foreign
companies try to turn Nigeria into a dumping
ground for their finished goods, the US firm said
they are here to stay in the country to do more
business and also to empower more
entrepreneurial development.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/10/16/despite-recession-business-is-good-in-nigeria-says-us-firm/

Who ever Said this

Does not mean well for Africans!

We govern they Rule.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 11:16am On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
man! You are so funny, yes! you are right i haven't seen 10k grin grin since not only 3 months, for 2 years now i haven't seen 10k.
And oh! If you must know A Range Rover, mercedes 500 and a lexus 400 2016. Can consume more than 80k worth petrol in just one day, anyway i don't blame you, you have never driven any of these vehicles or owned one grin,
You right jare, I haven't driven any of these, but I got a brand new Elantra for myself, and camry 2.2 bin my first car.
And for u, I know you drive all of it, because your oga sends u errand with his...
enjoy bro, but beg ur oga to increase your wage to 10k/month. grin
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2016
Towncrier007:

You right jare, I haven't driven any of these, but I got a brand new Elantra for myself, and camry 2.2 bin my first car.
And for u, I know you drive all of it, because your oga sends u errand with his...
enjoy bro, but beg ur oga to increase your wage to 10k/month. grin
no problem, i will ask him, to increase my wages, only i don't need to he is my younger brother and i am the one paying him and for the petrols too grin thanks for the Advice anyway tongue

and oh! Do you know that you can rent these expensive cars for a day or weeks if you can afford to, only to rent these cars, you must be able to afford to own one too,

But i don't blame you you have not reached such level, stay with your elantra grin grin
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by rawpadgin(m): 11:31am On Oct 16, 2016
back2sender:

I want to believe you are not from the indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan and thier fedora cap republic brothers.
These set of people are despicable.
They keep insulting northerner and SouthWest yet they refuse to relocate back to thier barren hunger infested land
We gave them education while the north feeds them yet dey still insult us.

We will give them the Awolowo treatment as it was done the BIAFRA war.
Awon Oloshi omoale jatijati flat head
my brother, please emancipate ur heart from hate

we all are one Nigeria, rather than fighting urselves on social media let unite to fight these corrupt politicians

& for the record, an from the south

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by back2sender: 11:37am On Oct 16, 2016
rawpadgin:
my brother, please emancipate ur heart from hate

we all are one Nigeria, rather than fighting urselves on social media let unite to fight these corrupt politicians

& for the record, an from the south
My broda no vex ooo.
Naa my in laws from the east start this hatred and we want to give it back to them God measure, press down, shaken over and running over
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by rawpadgin(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2016
back2sender:

My broda no vex ooo.
Naa my in laws from the east start this hatred and we want to give it back to them God measure, press down, shaken over and running over
don't know if u read the Bible

somewhere in the book of proverb says "do not answer a fool (not referring to anybody) according to his folly else thou be like him".

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
no problem, i will ask him, to increase my wages, only i don't need to he is my younger brother and i am the one paying him and for the petrols too grin thanks for the Advice anyway tongue

and oh! Do you know that you can rent these expensive cars for a day or weeks if you can afford to, only to rent these cars, you must be able to afford to own one too,

But i don't blame you you have not reached such level, stay with your elantra grin grin
haha haha your Oga is your younger bro, I see someone trying to belike kcee while is younger bro E-money grin
don't worry boy, God will pick ur call.

oppps less I forget, I will send you the right number to call, because it seems u've been dialing Ogun number. grin
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by daryoor03(m): 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
An organization that wants to bring out positive out of Nigeria in time of this so called Recession
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by lailo: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
"Rather, the 32-year old Chief Executive described
those pulling out or those who are afraid to
operate in the country as not being fair or
probably may have been in the business of
shortchanging Nigerians."........

That's d part I like most.God bless u Buhari.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Towncrier007:

haha haha your Oga is your younger bro, I see someone trying to belike kcee while is younger bro E-money grin
don't worry boy, God will pick ur call.

oppps less I forget, I will send you the right number to call, because it seems u've been dialing Ogun number. grin
grin grin No problem, you konw? I Admire your Naivety and lack of your exposure to certain things and lifesyles for what it's worth, it's safe for you not been aware of certain livestyles and things. Not only it"s expensive, comfortable and enjoyable but could also be very dangerous.
oh! send me the right number you say? Don't worry i do not need it, you never know i may be in the position to show you how to make a enough money to change your elantra to a 2016 mercedes SUV. grin again i don't blame you. you are one Naive individual. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Largest Egg Powder Plant In Africa To Be Inaugurated In Ondo / Nigerian Naira And Its Value / CBN Moves Against Banks For Hoarding $5billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.