Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm (18320 Views)

MTN To Acquire Banking Licence In Nigeria, Says CEO / Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by softsoul22(m): 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hi,

I'm using this medium to showcase my business to all. I'm a professional custom licensed agent in Tincan Island port Apapa, Lagos Nigeria. We deal in all kind of agro allied export products. Contact for fast cargo clearing. I'm also using this platform to notify those that are willing to export hard wood charcoal, cashew nuts, timbers, koso-wood. Contact us through the provided contact address, we deliver promptly. Transparency and honesty is our watchword.

Email:digitalwisdom22@gmail.com
Mobile:+2348122648651
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by redsun(m): 1:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
How can there be a recession in an economy that hasn't taken off? What happened is the dry out of stolen money as a result of chronic drop in oil price. The awufu money that the thieves,(politicuans and co)use to dole out carelessly is not there anymore.

Cleaning Nigerian streets only is a multi billion dollar industry,not to mention paving or drain construction.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by erico2k2(m): 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ahmadgani:
An emerging high-tech mobile phone
manufacturing giant, Akyumen Technologies
Corporation has given the Nigerian business
environment a clean bill of health inspite of the
current economic challenges facing the country.
The United States-based company which is at
present exploring ways to establish base in the
country, disagreed with the notion that foreign
firms are scared of coming to invest in Nigeria
due to the economic down-turn.

Rather, the 32-year old Chief Executive described
those pulling out or those who are afraid to
operate in the country as not being fair or
probably may have been in the business of
shortchanging Nigerians.
Speaking on the company’s plan to introduce
various ranges of telecommunication products
into the country’s market, the Chief Executive of
the firm, Aasim Saied said some of the devices
can be used to improve learning and to empower
the young ones with useful skills.
“We want to create jobs in any country that we
go and we also want to train personnel in the
highest possible customer service expertise so
that they can be at home with the technology we
offer.”
He said the firm will introduce 50 per cent
subsidy for students in selected primary and
secondary schools in the country as part of its
social responsibility to support education which
they benefited from.
He said currently Akyumen Technologies is
partnering 25 universities and colleges all over
the world in the use of its innovative devices for
academic exploits. Akyumen Technologies
started up in the state of California, United
States of America.
“We are a company with great commitment to
our social responsibility. In addition to creation
of jobs, we will also want to encourage a lot of
start-up businesses. One of the things that we
intend to do is to install our computers in
educational institutions in the country.”
We are in the process of setting up offices in
Nigeria, either Lagos or Abuja.
“In line with our desire to establish base in
Africa, we are going to set up our headquarters
in either Lagos or Abuja and arrangements to
that effect is being perfected,” he said.
On the issue of local content, he said the
company is going create a lot of local jobs by
allowing more local content in the devices.
According to him, although most of the
components of the mobile phones and other
devices are at the moment going to be imported,
but that there will a lot of local inputs in area of
content creation for the computer applications
and software development.
Speaking on the possibility of partnering various
sectors of the economy, he said there are huge
opportunities to be tapped in collaborating with
Nollywood film industry. He said Akyumen has a
lot to offer to the local film industry in the area
of application of latest technology to improve the
content and knowledge of the professionals in
the industry.
Unlike the practice where some foreign
companies try to turn Nigeria into a dumping
ground for their finished goods, the US firm said
they are here to stay in the country to do more
business and also to empower more
entrepreneurial development.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/10/16/despite-recession-business-is-good-in-nigeria-says-us-firm/
ofcos waht else would they say, in the Uk, the pound is weak b ut the stock exchange is at record high due to large export, so waht are they saying then
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by fakati(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
Some people find it difficult to believe anything good because they were filled with negative thoughts.Any good news to them is propaganda
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Ahmadgani(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
modern day neocolonialism. our leaders are selling our country indirectly. naira kept on falling at the parallel market while dollars and pounds have sky rocketed. ofcourse recession is only affecting the ordinary masses that don't even need forex to buy sugar, meat, milk and so on.

moses please come and save us from these pharaohs
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by tthobique: 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
For ur MMM registration or better explanation, contact or whatsapp me on 08160104345
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by maaji: 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
siraj1402:
The economy is tight, yet people are still buying cars. People are opening new businesses. People are expanding new frontiers.

Stop complaining! Buhari is not the answer for the hour. You are the driver of your destiny. I have never seen anytime in the history of the human race when there are no hard times. Yet people made waves and affected their generation.

If you see anybody complaining, you see a frustrated lazy man or woman looking for cheap answers and solutions.

Nothing in life will ever come easy. I belive what we need in this period of recession is the drive to push until victory comes. FOCUS- Follow One Course Until Successful.

Many successful people had tried one thing or the other before they became successful.

Keep trying. If you fail, try again. If you fail again, try again. And as you keep trying in the right direction and at the right things,success will surely come.

I Have Never Seen A *RICH Person* Who Has Never *lost Money* But I Have Seen A Lot Of *POOR People* Who Have Never *Lost A Dime* -Robert Kiyosaki-

The *Primary Difference* Between The *RICH* & The *POOR* Is How They *Handle FEAR* in Investment -Robert Kiyosaki-

Have a Positive mindset about investment. You can *NEVER* be Rich if you are too *SCARED*of losing Money

*SALARY* alone can not solve your money problems. You need Secondary Source of income to balance

*SALARY* is the *MEDICINE* for managing *POVERTY*, it doesn't *CURE* it. Only your *BUSINESS* or *INVESTMENT* Cure Poverty

Be FINANCIALLY INTELLIGENT
Good morning friends.
. I love dis quotes. I det write ddem down asap. Pls were can I get more of dis to encourage me
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Honza27(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
shinebabe:

OK. Follow me, I'll follow back. Send a pm.

hello
did u see my pm?
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Senorprinz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
so because you see people drowning their sorrows with their last cards in beer palours means there is no recession for other people.. grin

maybe the only way they know to manage the recession is to get drunk grin they proberbly can not afford anything else apart from beer and nkwobi.
oya read what you wrote and honestly tell me if you believe yourself.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
grin grin No problem, you konw? I Admire your Naivety and lack of your exposure to certain things and lifesyles for what it's worth, it's safe for you not been aware of certain livestyles and things. Not only it"s expensive, comfortable and enjoyable but could also be very dangerous.
oh! send me the right number you say? Don't worry i do not need it, you never know i may be in the position to show you how to make a enough money to change your elantra to a 2016 mercedes SUV. grin again i don't blame you. you are one Naive individual. lipsrsealed

Forget your long hungry write ups, send me your account number lemme help your life grin

2 Likes

Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
Senorprinz:
I beg no mind gypsey, it's complicated on his path grin
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
Towncrier007:

Forget your long hungry write ups, send me your account number lemme help your life grin

okay! Remember you asked, it's barclays bank UK, Account number 22456708 and sort code 277002 thanks for your help tongue tongue any amount will do.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Senorprinz:
my man! Go and sit down! What do you know? Besides i don't understand your point, Make your point clear or butt out! angry
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Senorprinz(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
my man! Go and sit down! What do you know? Besides i don't understand your point, Make your point clear or butt out! angry
bros i don't know anything o, if you'll be kind enough to teach me one or two things so i can be all knowing like you. cry
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
okay! Remember you asked, it's barclays bank UK, Account number 22456708 and sort code 277002 thanks for your help tongue tongue any amount will do.
It's true that your hunger has crossed bother, u sneak into ship go Afghanistan snap picture then u con dey send ur people mssg u in abroad.
No wahala I will help you.

ohhhhhh what is happening na? Your village juju is saying NO O, said they use poverty take swear for u. na wa o

but hope isn't dead, I will advise you visit mountain of fire for help.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by VajanahDischaj(f): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
stop deceiving us... nothing like recession in this Nigeria. ona go just carry big grammar deceive illiterates and keep others busy.

NB, it's only the west that's in recession, for the past years. Business guys here, reason am nah.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
Towncrier007:

It's true that your hunger has crossed bother, u sneak into ship go Afghanistan snap picture then u con dey send ur people mssg u in abroad.
No wahala I will help you.

ohhhhhh what is happening na? Your village juju is saying NO O, said they use poverty take swear for u. na wa o

but hope isn't dead, I will advise you visit mountain of fire for help.
look! You claimed you can help, if you are too poor like me to help just say, i have helped so many like you, i may be in the position to help you too tongue and oh! I was born in the UK,believe it or not, my parents are unfortunately nigerians.

i ve got know idea what mountain of fire is, i guess it must be the name of a street in nigeria. If there is money to make at the mountain of fire tell how i can get there i love making money tongue .

You can seat on your ass in some village in nigeria i guess, and be making obnoxious remarks on here or you can get out and see the world for yourself like i have. It's entirely your choice grin

oh! Forget the pictures it does not prove who i really am, if you would like to know me more? Just ask!
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
Senorprinz:
bros i don't know anything o, if you'll be kind enough to teach me one or two things so i can be all knowing like you. cry
No problem! What would you like to know? angry
If you are as clever as you would like to think, you will find that my comments are my opinion you do not have to agree with it.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
look! You claimed you can help, if you are too poor like me to help just say, i have helped so many like you, i may be in the position to help you too tongue and oh! I was born in the UK,believe it or not, my parents are unfortunately nigerians.

i ve got know idea what mountain of fire is, i guess it must be the name of a street in nigeria. If there is money to make at the mountain of fire tell how i can get there i love making money tongue .

You can seat on your ass in some village in nigeria i guess, and be making obnoxious remarks on here or you can get out and see the world for yourself like i have. It's entirely your choice grin

oh! Forget the pictures it does not prove who i really am, if you would like to know me more? Just ask!

ok nice, it's a pleasure knowing you, so sorry I spoke to a UK(Urhobo Kingdom) citizen like that.hahahaa
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
Towncrier007:

ok nice, it's a pleasure knowing you, so sorry I spoke to a UK(Urhobo Kingdom) citizen like that.hahahaa

no problem! Apology accepted, grin, on a serious note you need to get out more! It's nice knowing you,
oh! I don't know were uhrobo kingdom is but i would like to visit there if you tell me how to get there, can i make money there? I love making money tongue, there is Another UK (United Kingdom) in europe i don't suppose you are aware of that part of the world? tongue
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by AreaFada2: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
Absolutely! %1000 correct, you also mentioned they can afford legal fees to fight landlord instead of just paying that money to the landlord who might even consider and forfeit the tenants rest of debt, it's just wickedness and lack of consideration for the landlord.
i might try the church one, that's if they don't end up been problematic and come after me with their so called holy ghost fires and Angels grin grin i guess i do not want to go to court with 300 or more members of a church all they have to do is donate 1k each on legal fees.

Hahahaha. At least church is booming business.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by profkalu(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Importation made easy has been proven to be possible even during recession
Get more details here www.importationincome.info
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by shinebabe(f): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Honza27:

hello
did u see my pm?

Yes I did. I've replied you.
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Towncrier007(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
no problem! Apology accepted, grin, on a serious note you need to get out more! It's nice knowing you,
oh! I don't know were uhrobo kingdom is but i would like to visit there if you tell me how to get there, can i make money there? I love making money tongue, there is Another UK (United Kingdom) in europe i don't suppose you are aware of that part of the world? tongue
Aware of UK? grin
hahaha. .. its all for fun bro, following you right away. 1Luv
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Senorprinz(m): 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
gypsey:
No problem! What would you like to know? angry
If you are as clever as you would like to think, you will find that my comments are my opinion you do not have to agree with it.
my agreement with your comments is my decision too, BTW, i don't like to spend time thinking of how clever i am, who da phuq does that
Re: Despite Recession, Business Is Good In Nigeria, Says US Firm by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
siraj1402:
The economy is tight, yet people are still buying cars. People are opening new businesses. People are expanding new frontiers.

Stop complaining! Buhari is not the answer for the hour. You are the driver of your destiny. I have never seen anytime in the history of the human race when there are no hard times. Yet people made waves and affected their generation.

If you see anybody complaining, you see a frustrated lazy man or woman looking for cheap answers and solutions.

Nothing in life will ever come easy. I belive what we need in this period of recession is the drive to push until victory comes. FOCUS- Follow One Course Until Successful.

Many successful people had tried one thing or the other before they became successful.

Keep trying. If you fail, try again. If you fail again, try again. And as you keep trying in the right direction and at the right things,success will surely come.

I Have Never Seen A *RICH Person* Who Has Never *lost Money* But I Have Seen A Lot Of *POOR People* Who Have Never *Lost A Dime* -Robert Kiyosaki-

The *Primary Difference* Between The *RICH* & The *POOR* Is How They *Handle FEAR* in Investment -Robert Kiyosaki-

Have a Positive mindset about investment. You can *NEVER* be Rich if you are too *SCARED*of losing Money

*SALARY* alone can not solve your money problems. You need Secondary Source of income to balance

*SALARY* is the *MEDICINE* for managing *POVERTY*, it doesn't *CURE* it. Only your *BUSINESS* or *INVESTMENT* Cure Poverty

Be FINANCIALLY INTELLIGENT
Good morning friends.

Brilliant post!

I get your point about trying and trying
again.

Just want to add that after failing first,
you should look closely into what made you
fail before you try again.

Blindly trying the same stunts again and
again could make one conclude that he is
being pursued by the "spirit of bad luck"...

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / Scanfrost Opens First Modern Brand Shop In Lagos / “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.