Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News (120462 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome Finally Reveals Why She Did Not Attend Her Daughter's Wedding / Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Absent From Sharon's Wedding? (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by BarrElChapo(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
The spate of divorce these days has led to my questioning the institution of marriage... i dont understand why people now take the easier option.. this is especially seen more among the elites
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by bayelsaowei(m): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
Prince16:

Mon ami, I feel u, and I know where u are coming from/going (figuratively, that is), but I just stated d facts as written. It's now left for us to (dangerously) debate our 'personal beliefs' vz "Scriptural assertions". What will help us (u, I and them) out is: do we believe d scriptures is God's words/God's inspiration? The answer 2 ds 'basic' question is d key!

(Proverbs 14:12 KJV) There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. undecided
oya na either the woman should never contemplate marriage or be ready to be single forever if she ever thinks of a divorce from a chronic cheating idiot....
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Prince16: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
bayelsaowei:
oya na either the woman should never contemplate marriage or be ready to be single forever if she ever thinks of a divorce from a chronic cheating idiot....

Gbam! You have just hit d nail on d head. What u just said was exactly what Peter said when Jesus confronted him with d odds against divorce:

(Matthew 19:7 KJV) They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

(Matthew 19:8 KJV) He (JESUS) saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

(Matthew 19:9 KJV) And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
(Matthew 19:10 KJV)[/b[ [b]His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

(Matthew 19:11 KJV) But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

Matthew 19:12 KJV) For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

I'm happy u 'found it'.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by ndcide(m): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
coolcharm:
How can this people claim to be of God when they cannot practice Forgiveness and Love which are foundational to the Christian faith?

With what guts and conviction will they teach their congregation to forgive one another as Christ forgave the church?

When Men and women of 'God' cannont exhibit forgiveness and love which are fruits of the spirit, and coin out terms as 'irreconcilable difference' then you know that the devil has finally worn prada!

And so, my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, not only when I was with you but even more now that I am absent, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

Let's focus on living a an acceptable life before God and leave all these bling bling and hyper prosperity pastors alone.

By God's grace, I'm a principled Christian, I also don't attend Christ embassy. But I'll like you to tell me more on forgiveness. Do you forgive someone who hurts you and remain with the person to keep hurting you?

If your spouse put poison in your water, you saw it and didn't drink it but forgave the person, and it happens again, will you still stay in the same environment with that person even if you'll keep forgiving the person?

Sometimes, we need to see things from the other persons perspective. Don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Topgainer: 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Prince16:

if u read my post carefully, I only stated what d holy script inferred. Whether she's a sinner or not is not mine to make/say. Do u believe what d scriptures infer as (earlier) stated?

If, after all u've seen from the scriptures-both from Christ and Paul, u feel her decision to remarry is RIGHTEOUS while her ex-husband is alive contrary to Scriptural assertions, .......... then I 'handz up'!
You gave your own inference.
Mt 19:9 you quoted
Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
If the whosoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery except she was divorced on account of her committing fornication. It is simply saying that he is guilty of of committing fornication ie adultery if he divorced his wife and remarried for anyother reason except...
the same woman who is sent away except on the condition that she was adulterous if she marries another man is guilty. If Adultery is involved the man and woman divorced are free to re - marry is expressly implied.
But the problem with you folks is that you are quick to isolate only the divorced path and throw away the sequel which explained that the reason the people(the man) divorced was to go and marry another from that passage. Divorce and remarriage were inseparable in the discourse
Jesus didn't say any other thing about the fate of the divorced on account of adultery like death of partner. So don't go and add the words of Paul to it because it is a different scenario
Paul says the divorced should remain single except there is a death of a partner. He spoke of the flimpsy excuses that people divorced for in the prevailing Jewish culture of then. For him, such flimpsy excuses should not be entertained. Therefore, if one is separated from one's spouse the person should patiently wait as there could be chances of reconciliation, however, he didn't specifically mention the words of Jesus which dealth on the weightier issue of Adultery, which of course, he, Paul, cannot overrule.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Nisorla(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] cry Marriage in christianity is a one way ticket, how about that? divorce and maried is that not a sinful life in christianity? what would the follower learned.

1 Like

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Prince16: 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
Topgainer:

Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
If the whosoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery except she was divorced on account of her committing fornication. It is simply saying that he is guilty of of committing fornication ie adultery if he divorced his wife and remarried for anyother reason except...
the same woman who is sent away except on the condition that she was adulterous if she marries another man is guilty
. If adultery is involved the man and woman divorced are free to re - marry is expressly implied.
But the problem with you folks is that you are quick to isolate only the divorced path and throw away the sequel which explained that the reason the people(the man) divorced was to go and marry another from that passage. Divorce and remarriage were inseparable in the discourse
Jesus didn't say any other thing about the fate of the divorced on account of adultery like death of partner. So don't go and add the words of Paul to it because it is a different scenario
Paul says the divorced should remain single except there is a death of a partner. He spoke of the flimpsy excuses that people divorced for in the prevailing Jewish culture of then. For him, such flimpsy excuses should not be entertained. Therefore, if one is separated from one's spouse the person should patiently wait as there could be chances of reconciliation, however, he didn't specifically mention the words of Jesus which dealth on the weightier issue of Adultery, which of course, he, Paul, cannot overrule.

Very slippery path!
If according to u, adultery is d only reason why a spouse can remarry, then based on Matthew 5 28 every couple has committed adultery and as such have 'legal' grounds to divorce and then remarry.
grin grin
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by TwoBottles: 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
yakubumohammed81:
That's not true
It is biblical, bro!
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by TwoBottles: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
yakubumohammed81:
That's not true
It is biblical, bro!
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Martinola(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
na her lyf sha
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by TwoBottles: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Topgainer:

Quote it properly Mt 5:32, gave reasons for it not to be considered as Adultery

Study the scripture properly bro.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by CephasTK(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
Marriage Is Sacred and Binding
“Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery. Matthew 5:31-32.

2 Likes

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by cyrilamx(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
Counter my post with superior argument plz not the stupidity you just displayed
mastermaestro:
[s][/s]

Silence conceals myopia, shortsightedness and bigotry. You should embrace.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Perufy(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
coolcharm:
How can this people claim to be of God when they cannot practice Forgiveness and Love which are foundational to the Christian faith?

With what guts and conviction will they teach their congregation to forgive one another as Christ forgave the church?

When Men and women of 'God' cannont exhibit forgiveness and love which are fruits of the spirit, and coin out terms as 'irreconcilable difference' then you know that the devil has finally worn prada!

And so, my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, not only when I was with you but even more now that I am absent, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

Let's focus on living a an acceptable life before God and leave all these bling bling and hyper prosperity pastors alone.

1 Like

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Egunje: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
coolcharm:

My dear,you made a point. pastor chris did every thing humanly possible to make up with her, but her mind was made up.
Secondly anita could not substantiate all her allegations against the man of God.
Thirdly,anita is not a co founder of the church, and has no right what so ever to dictate how the church should be managed. This is a point she failed to understand the call was for the pastor not her,she was only called to help.
May God be with her,and as for the man of God, He will always be a man if God. Ride on pastor chris

1 Like

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Billygee2u: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
coolcharm:

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Billygee2u: 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Billygee2u: 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
Topgainer:

the same woman who is sent away except on the condition that she was adulterous if she marries another man is guilty. If Adultery is involved the man and woman divorced are free to re - marry is expressly implied.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
lofty900:
how did you know the miracles are fake?

I might be wrong to say that they are fake but are they real?

What is the place of his healing school in the Word of GOD? What did JESUS do? Did JESUS advertise his healing? Did he organise healing programmes and trainings?

1 Like

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
meezynetwork:
New generation Christians. Easy come, easy go.

One person was using the other. Simple..

Thats what breaks relationships..
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by byvan03: 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
Congratulations madam on moving on, no time to check time.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Ugik(m): 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
I do not claim to know the bible but I believe that the sanctity of marriage holds a supreme preference in God's scale,little wonder he said it is till death do them part and my take is that the bible is against it and whoever divorces and remarries,hath committed adultery.shes a pastor and should know better
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Topgainer: 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Prince16:

Very slippery path!
If according to u, adultery is d only reason why a spouse can remarry, then based on Matthew 5 28 every couple has committed adultery and as such have 'legal' grounds to divorce and then remarry.
grin grin
Don't accord anything to me, put words in my mouth or attribute your thoughts to me. If you don't get any of things I raised go through my posts again.

Don't become the breeds of Nigeria Pastors and Prophets who create yokes and hang it as laws on their followers who will not care to study the Bible. I understand that some of such yokes/laws are becoming popular opinions

Like I said anything can be forgiven and forgiveness is encouraged in Christianity, adultery is a legit reason for divorce and remarriage. Neither the Almighty God nor the laws of the land will hold charges against a man or a woman who calls his/her marriage a quit on account of an unrepentant adulterous partner. A pastor/bishop who divorced and remarried shall not continue in that office but can still serve God in other ways
Another legit reason for remarriage is death of a partner. If the widow cannot remain as one, and she is young/attractive instead of hosting very many play boys she should settle for one. The same for the widower
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Topgainer: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ugik:
I do not claim to know the bible but I believe that the sanctity of marriage holds a supreme preference in God's scale,little wonder he said it is till death do them part and my take is that the bible is against it and whoever divorces and remarries,hath committed adultery.shes a pastor and should know better
Popular opinion but not correct. Till death do them path as a meme is not restrictive when adulterous ground is considered.
Someone tried to justify that opinion with Matthew 5:32, I pointed it out to him that he just chose the first statement on divorce but deliberately didn't account for remarriage which was part of that passage.

Africans are a mess of a race little wonder nothing is working. The Europeans and Church that brought Christianity to Africa dissolves marriages justifiably on account of unrepentant adulterous life. They translated the Bible to a language that dull brain Africans will understand, they hold the original texts in Greek, they own Latin as a language. Today Africa (blacks) claim to have the honour of giving the only correct interpretations to the Bible and extrapolating laws thereby.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by calabardick(m): 7:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
Full gospel business men

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by princetardey(m): 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
;Dshe missed the #otherroom activities she missed the #otherroom activities she missed the #otherroom activities
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Ugik(m): 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Topgainer:

Popular opinion but not correct. Till death do them path as a meme is not restrictive when adulterous ground is considered.
Someone tried to justify that opinion with Matthew 5:32, I pointed it out to him that he just chose the first statement on divorce but deliberately didn't account for remarriage which was part of that passage.

Africans are a mess of a race little wonder nothing is working. The Europeans and Church that brought Christianity to Africa dissolves marriages justifiably on account of unrepentant adulterous life. They translated the Bible to a language that dull brain Africans will understand, they hold the original texts in Greek, they own Latin as a language. Today Africa (blacks) claim to have the honour of giving the only correct interpretations to the Bible and extrapolating laws thereby.

I beg to differ because 1 corinthians 7:39 makes it clear that the only time a woman can remarry is if the husband is dead and also mark 10:10-12 supports it as well..1 corinthians 7:10-11 also stated that in the event of the woman leaving the husband(divorce), she shouldn't marry.in any case we can say divorce as a concept has no biblical condemnation but it's the issue of Re marrying which is what am not in support of.

1 Like

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by nkechiben(f): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
coolcharm:

So Mr. Scripture quoter, Who are u blaming now? The woman dat divorces the husband and marry another dat if u people are are sure of ur rumors o or the husband dat she divorced which of dem now is not practicing Christianity? Because the the man of God is still very very single not even ready to re-marry even with his wedding ring still on. Who is not practicing Christianity now. Becareful of ur judgement because these people are Pastor before attract problems to ur own marriage ok?

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by nkechiben(f): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
Topgainer:

Quote it properly Mt 5:32, gave reasons for it not to be considered as Adultery

Mr scripture what else did bible said about it?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by Smooyis(m): 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
Let's correct in love if need be so we also will not be tempted.
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by nkechiben(f): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Anita should just drop the pastor title. The kind of Christianity we have today is End Time Christianity. This is why o dislike most of these Churches.

Same people will mount pulpit to preach love and understanding but are serial cheats and highly wicked.

I am 200% sure that Mrs Anita has been seeing this man even before her divorce with Mr Chris Oyahkilome.

Anyway, both Mr Chris and Mrs Anita are serial cheats.

MUMU! Did I hear u said dat Pastor Chris is cheat? Ok o! Oya watch ur own marriage because soon it scatter into picecs. HOW DARE U?
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News by nkechiben(f): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
Sanchez01:
The ish that led to the breakup of the two is beyond lack of quality time with one another as most people believe but on grounds of adultery. I kinda like Pastor, not for the curly hair but for his understanding of indepth teachings. I believe the issue is beyond what was dished to the world and the woman was fair to a reasonable extent to just seek divorce and move on without causing heavy damages to Pastor Chris and his church. Divorce isn't a sin in Christianity so far it is sought after on adultery grounds.

However, this negates the love teachings of Pastor Chris and his church. He believes he has a ministry but the main one in his care has failed and all other things are near fail at this time because a pastor whose home crumbles has failed in all ramifications. I can only imagine the type of counselling the duo would give to several people here on, particularly on marriage related issues and tolerating one another.

It is even more disgusting to imagine another man on this woman. This is nothing but sheer embarrassment. There's nothing left for Pastor Chris to preach on Love, forgiveness, marriage counselling and tolerance in marriage. Though I am no God, I sure wouldn't take my marital life to people like him to lead me aright. This is quite shameful.

DO U KNOW WHAT? YOU JUST BOUGHT SHAME FOR URSELF AND UR GENERATIONS COME! SOLUTION ...........GO AND KNEEL DOWN AND BEG PASTOR CHRIS FOR THIS NASTY COMMENT HERE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ancient Black Buddha / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA In Sex Scandal / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2016 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.