Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel (6828 Views)

Poll: Should He Resign Now?

Yes: 79% (95 votes)
No: 20% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos) / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, And His Car Spotted At Hilton, Abuja (photos) / Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by SapeleGuy: 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua's suffered a seizure midway into the ECOWAS Heads of State meeting at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja over the weekend and was rushed to the Hotels toilet for treatment.

Only recently, the President was believed to have collapsed in Bauchi State while attending a ceremony organized by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to welcome Governor Isa Yuguda, an in-law to the President who decamped to the ruling party.

The President's recent attack fuelled speculations that he might need further medical treatment overseas.

President yar'Adua who was chairing the meeting of the ECOWAS Heads of State, was said to have had the seizure and was immediately rushed to the hotels toilet for treatment. Sources say he did not return for the closing ceremonies.

Sources told  pointblanknews.com that a retinue of doctors who have become regular members of the President's entourage immediately went into action administering first aid treatment to the sickly President.

Top security sources disclosed that the President who spent over 30 Minutes with his doctors was later rushed to the Presidential Villa where medical facilities worth over N2Billion had been installed for the President.

After about two hours, sources said, the President was fully revived but could not attend the photographic ceremonies with other heads of state at the end of the meeting.

It would be recalled that in August 2009, German and Saudi Arabian Doctors had warned the president to reduce his heavy work load because of further deterioration in the condition of his kidney.

President Yar'Adua has been diagnosed with Churg Straus Syndrome, an inflammations of the Blood vessel, a Kidney problem and yet to be confirmed Pulmonary Fibrosis for which he has at various times visited Saudi Arabia and Germany for treatments 

Culled from POINTBLANKNEWS
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by OmoAbi(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2009
I think this guy is more intrested in dieing in office than what ever might happen to this kontry.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by kings144: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2009
his health condition shhould not be a topic.anybody can fall sick.i will him well
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by sjeezy8: 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
he looks bad
nice outfit tho, i no gon lie, he get style lol
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
hope he gets better
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by 9ja4eva: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
Well let him stay till 2011 and resign cos if he dies in office,i dnt knw wat will be of Nigeria.He doesn't need to rerun.

PDP bye bye
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by SapeleGuy: 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
wishing him a speedy recovery.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 22, 2009
Umaru! Umaru!! Umaru!!! Are u dead? Was d question obj asked him in 2007.Instead of him to resign&go takia of his health na ojukokoro won kill am.SICK MAN RULING A SICK NATION = SICKNESS
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by emiwanlee(m): 1:59am On Oct 22, 2009
Let him die
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by OvieE: 2:07am On Oct 22, 2009
SapeleGuy:

wishing him a speedy recovery.

What kind of recovery. The man is dieing.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by 9ja4eva: 11:46am On Oct 22, 2009
Well i suppose he retires sef.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by koolchicco: 11:59am On Oct 22, 2009
9ja4eva:

Well i suppose he retires sef.

Lie, lie!! He must cmplete his tenor even in death.shebi power dey sweet am? He go die put 4 inside.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by queenesthr(f): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
@sjeezy8 , u're right. His outfit is really nice. The guy may outlive us all.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by SmashingM(f): 12:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
toba:

Umaru! Umaru!! Umaru!!! Are u dead? Was d question obj asked him in 2007.Instead of him to resign&go takia of his health na ojukokoro won kill am.SICK MAN RULING A SICK NATION = SICKNESS

Thanks for making my day with laughter!
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by 9ja4eva: 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2009
koolchicco:

Lie, lie!! He must cmplete his tenor even in death.shebi power dey sweet am? He go die put 4 inside.

LWKM.Well na him sabi.U funny oh
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by blacksta(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
Anyone in their right senses - would vacate such stressful presidential position to look after their ill health  but unfortunately Nigerians have a chop, die and poison the rest mentality.  

I wish this man will come to his senses quickly and do the right thing.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by blacksta(m): 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
Also spending 2billion Naira on personal medical equipment when the average nigerian can not get 20000 naira worth of medical equipment.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by chidichris(m): 12:11pm On Oct 22, 2009
i am becoming bored with this collapsing madness here on nairaland.
why do we always talk of collapsing here instead of talking important issues.
if yar adua and the idiot that imposed him on us are more interested in collapsing, then so be it.
if he likes, let him die, he must rule nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by vowiski(m): 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2009
OH MA GUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is that my president? cry cry cry
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by Xolokristo(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
God Save Our President!, God Help Nigeria!!
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by 9ja4eva: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
chidichris:

i am becoming bored with this collapsing madness here on nairaland.
why do we always talk of collapsing here instead of talking important issues.
if yar adua and the idiot that imposed him on us are more interested in collapsing, then so be it.
if he likes, let him die, he must rule nigeria.

LOL you are right.It is his business.HE MUST RULE.

Since he is so stupid to know that HEALTH IS BEFORE POWER.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
May God save this nation
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by djungle(m): 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2009
emiwanlee:

Let him die

You will 'go' before him.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by citizenY(m): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2009
The Almighty, Omnipotent and Merciful has His ways. Always wish your leaders well.
Do not pray for their failure as the consequences will be on us, your fellow citizens.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by Spyker: 12:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
I just want him to achieve the 1/2 point agenda of 6,000MW before he dies (if he would actually die). On the positive side, i pray he completes his tenor and forget about re-election (i.e if he is not eyeing that already).
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by djpalapala(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
We have heard people from both outside and within the country say that Nigeria is the only country where anything imaginable can happen. Imagine it and it can happen in Nigeria. Its only here that a confirmed "quarter to die man" will be elected as president. What is he still doing there? I think the true agenda of the 2nd evil genius is coming out now, OBJ, put a dying man as president, he dies in office, a yes sir boy takes over and by next election hands over to whom he is told to hand over to. Neat I think. Only in Nigeria. O God help us,
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by agabaI23(m): 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2009
Rule nigeria at all costs or die trying.
May God keep him alive till 2011 and then beyond. He has got children who need him. I am not sure if the wife needs him because that one is more interested in Aso Rock than her husbands health.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by AMIRACH: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
abeg make this man  resign, he is already looking like a corpse.
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by ken2009(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
How can we Nigerians treat this issue with such laxity, In some other countries this is just the situation that is required to cause a revolution. But like they say Nigerians are unique beings--when u push a Nigerian to the wall he wont bouce back. he will enter the wall.
May curses be on Yaradua and Obasanjo for inflicting such hardship on Nigerians, for imposing their own selfish agenda on us and ignoring all the calls for reforms.
i am so pissed at this disgusting President and his Jezebel of a wife,
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by richyk2(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
It's quite unfortunate that Africans have this kind of mindset. Is it by force to rule?? angry
Re: Yar'adua's Health Worsens, Collapses At Hilton Hotel by parislomo(f): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
Wisdom is profitable to direct, I still can't understand why he won't just resign and go take care of himself?? Health, my people say, is wealth, So what exactly does he think he is playing at when  it's obvious to the blind that he isn't healthy

State Of Origin / Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens / Obasanjo Who Is He ? How Well Did He Perform?