Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist (1234 Views)

Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison / 'i'm Returning To God': Former Atheist Italian Doctor Seeks Strength From God / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
DoctorAlien, thanks a lot for your responses. You can't understand how much it means to me. I'll appreciate it if you remember me in your prayers though I prefer to remain anonymous. Thanks.
Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
Mementoes:
DoctorAlien, thanks a lot for your responses. You can't understand how much it means to me. I'll appreciate it if you remember me in your prayers though I prefer to remain anonymous. Thanks.

You're welcome bro. I'll surely remember you in my prayers.

The Lord Jesus Christ is coming back very soon--sooner than most people think--to take His people away from this wicked world, and to permanently end this wicked system of things. Don't let the devil deceive you. Hold fast to GOD.

And He will lead you safely to the Heavenly shore.

1 Like

Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by randomperson: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
So, Adam and Eve ate apple, therefore, some kids in Africa should starve to death... God is good... cool
Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 1:03am On Jan 10, 2017
sonmvayina:

who is James?....and how did he become an authority in these matters..? And where did he get the information from and why should i believe him/her?

James was a Jew who lived in Palestine in the first century A.D. Who is an authority in these matters? Where did that person get the information from?

1 Like

Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 1:18am On Jan 10, 2017
randomperson:
So, Adam and Eve ate apple, therefore, some kids in Africa should starve to death... God is good... cool

What is evil about some kids starving to death in Africa?
Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by randomperson: 5:48am On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:

What is evil about some kids starving to death in Africa?
Why are u asking me?? I should ask u who believe that God gives morality. So by the god's standard of morality, is children starving to death a good or bad thing
Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by benzics(m): 6:43am On Jan 10, 2017
I've known DoctorAlien to be a maker of dumb statements, but I just read something dumber.. Jesus fu-cking Christ!

So the people god commanded the Israelites to kill were sinners? I thought god was omnipotent.. Couldn't he just change their mindset?

So God tested job? I thought god was omniscient, so he knew that job would still obey him but he went ahead to test him anyway? Oh.. I remember, God doesn't know everything, same way he, an omniscient and omnipresent didn't know Adam and eve ate the apple, until he was told..

I've got a question for you, I know you'll probably not answer.

So God sees all the wickedness in the world, he sees when 2year Olds are being raped by 30years old, he sees starving children, but won't help? Why?
Options:
1. He can help but decides not to help as it'll fiddle with his "plan" (which means the raping of kids is part of that plan), that means god is not good.

2. He wants to help but can't, which means he is not all powerful.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

Which of the above is it?

Ex-atheists as you claim were most likely people who were skeptical about religion and not that they necessary disbelieved in God.. cool

1 Like

Re: Is Religion Evil? An Answer by a Former Atheist by uvalued(m): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Every once in a while, an atheist responds to one of my tweets by sending me some kind of picture of a horrific situation, and telling me that religion is evil.

Usually, it’s a picture of a malnourished African child followed by a comment like, “Look, here is your loving God letting kids starve to death!”

I always respond by defending God in some kind of fashion.

I can relate to some of these objections about religion because after all, I’m a former atheist myself.

When I was an atheist, I didn’t
understand how a loving God could allow so much suffering in the world.

But now, I know the answer to that question, and I’m better off for knowing it.

So is religion evil? And more importantly, is Christianity evil?

If you’re a Christian, then you need to know how to answer this objection
when it comes up.

And if you’re not a Christian, and you’re someone that believes that Christianity is evil, then please consider these five reasons why I believe that’s not the case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritual Father Vs Spiritual Mentor / Religion Is An Incurable Disease. / Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.