Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison (1548 Views)

Madam Titi Surrenders To Jesus In The Lords Chosen, Testifies In Church (Video) / Michael Job (Jesus In Kenya) Death Rumour / David Wood Explains Why Muslims Kill Fellow Muslims (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus in Prison

Sociopathic atheist David Wood attempted to murder his father, and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. In prison, he met a Christian who presented arguments for the Christian faith, and to learn more about how to debunk them, David started reading the Gospels. After seeing Jesus speak for himself, he gave his life to Christ in prison, and has since started one of the most-viewed Christian apologetics YouTube channels in the world.

Source
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Sociopathic atheist David Wood attempted to murder his father, and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. In prison, he met a Christian who presented arguments for the Christian faith, and to learn more about how to debunk them, David started reading the Gospels. After seeing Jesus speak for himself, he gave his life to Christ in prison, and has since started one of the most-viewed Christian apologetics YouTube channels in the world.

https://reasonsforjesus.com/former-atheist-sociopath-david-wood-finds-jesus-in-prison/

I FOLLOW HIM ON YOUTUBE . HE POSTED A VIDEO TODAY ABOUT LAUNCHING AN ACT-APOLOGETIC EMPIRE WEBSITE TO BRING MUSLIM INTO CHRIST.

I LOVE THIS GUY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IouAhhkZh1w
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
0rion:

I FOLLOW HIM ON YOUTUBE . HE POSTED A VIDEO TODAY ABOUT LAUNCHING AN ACT-APOLOGETIC EMPIRE WEBSITE TO BRING MUSLIM INTO CHRIST.

I LOVE THIS GUY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IouAhhkZh1w

I believe that he was instrumental in leading Nabeel Asif Qureshi to Christ. God is really using this man's passion to win lost causes to Christ. smiley
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I believe that he was instrumental in leading Nabeel to Christ. God is really using this man's passion to win lost causes to Christ. smiley

NOPE, HE DID NOT LEAD NABEEL TO CHRIST. NABEEL WAS ALREADY A CHRISTIAN WHEN HE MET HIM.
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by THELATTERMAN(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
Praise the Lord
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by IfGodbeforus(m): 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
Only God Can do this
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHAT THIS GUY IS ACTUALLY DOING.

MANY NIGERIA PASTORS WOULD BE UNABLE TO ANSWER MANY COMMON QUESTIONS GENERALLY ASK BY THE MUSLIMS

1 Like

Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
0rion:

NOPE, HE DID NOT LEAD NABEEL TO CHRIST. NABEEL WAS ALREADY A CHRISTIAN WHEN HE MET HIM.

Read the article in the suggested link below to confirm the truth about Nabeel's conversion.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/september/nabeel-qureshis-hardest-decision-told-by-the-man-who-led-him-to-christ
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Read the article in the suggested link below to confirm the truth about Nabeel's conversion.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/september/nabeel-qureshis-hardest-decision-told-by-the-man-who-led-him-to-christ

THANKS FOR THE LINK. I WATCHED ONE OF HIS VIDEOS BUT THE WAY HE NARRATED THE BRIEF SCENARIO OF HIM AND NABEEL MADE ME THINK NABEEL WAS ALREADY A CHRISTIAN BEFORE THEY MET IN COLLEGE

1 Like

Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
0rion:

THANKS FOR THE LINK. I WATCHED ONE OF HIS VIDEOS BUT THE WAY HE NARRATED THE BRIEF SCENARIO OF HIM AND NABEEL MADE ME THINK NABEEL WAS ALREADY A CHRISTIAN BEFORE THEY MET IN COLLEGE

No problem. wink
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

No problem. wink

HEY BRO

DO YOU KNOW RAVI ZACHARIAS?
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2020
0rion:

HEY BRO

DO YOU KNOW RAVI ZACHARIAS?

Yes, Ravi also contributed towards Nabeel's maturity in his journey of faith both have arrived at their final destination safely in the hands of Jesus.
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 1:22am On Jul 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, Ravi also contributed towards Nabeel's maturity in his journey of faith both have arrived at their final destination safely in the hands of Jesus.

I LOVE ZACHARIAS MESSAGES . DO YOU KNOW IF RAVI HAS EVER NIGERIA?
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
0rion:

I LOVE ZACHARIAS MESSAGES . DO YOU KNOW IF RAVI HAS EVER NIGERIA?

I am not aware if Ravi's ever been to Nigeria but I believe he has an office there.
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by petra1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
I pray some more atheist should land in prison if that's what it will take for God to finally get their attention.
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I am not aware if Ravi's ever been to Nigeria but I believe he has an office there.

Alright
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
0rion:

Alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT7bZS7scq0

David Wood answering a question on God and Allah.
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT7bZS7scq0

David Wood answering a question on God and Allah.

THANKS FOR SENDING ME THIS. I HAVE ALL OF DAVID WOODS VIDEOS. I MESSAGED HIM TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT ANSWERING COMMON QUESTIONS ASK BY THE MUSLIM A WHILE BACK BUT I DIDN'T GET ANY REPLY FROM HIM MAYBE LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE ASKING THESAME QUESTION.

I QUEUSS WHY HE IS GOING TO HAVE HIS OWN WEBSITE WHICH MIGHT BE LIKE NAIRALAND FOR CHRISTIAN APOLOGISTS.

I WANT TO BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO REGISTER. MUSLIMS NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ALLAH AND MOHAMMED
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
0rion:

THANKS FOR SENDING ME THIS. I HAVE ALL OF DAVID WOODS VIDEOS. I MESSAGED HIM TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT ANSWERING COMMON QUESTIONS ASK BY THE MUSLIM A WHILE BACK BUT I DIDN'T GET ANY REPLY FROM HIM MAYBE LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE ASKING THESAME QUESTION.

I QUEUSS WHY HE IS GOING TO HAVE HIS OWN WEBSITE WHICH MIGHT BE LIKE NAIRALAND FOR CHRISTIAN APOLOGISTS.

I WANT TO BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO REGISTER. MUSLIMS NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ALLAH AND MOHAMMED

I hope you did not write him in all caps? undecided
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I hope you did not write him in all caps? undecided

WHAT IF I DID
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
0rion:

WHAT IF I DID

That may explain why you didn't get a reply. It is generally regarded to be rude to type in caps. cool
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

That may explain why you didn't get a reply. It is generally regarded to be rude to type in caps. cool

HE HARDLY REPLIES ANYONE. HE JUST READS PEOPLES COMMENT.

AND WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM THAT WRITING IN CAPS IS GENERALLY REGARDED RUDE
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
0rion:

HE HARDLY REPLIES ANYONE. HE JUST READS PEOPLES COMMENT.

AND WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM THAT WRITING IN CAPS IS GENERALLY REGARDED RUDE

Don't take it personal it is just a friendly advise. wink
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Don't take it personal it is just a friendly advise. wink

OK. LOL

REALLY WISH I CAN MAKE IT BIGGER
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
0rion:

OK. LOL

REALLY WISH I CAN MAKE IT BIGGER

Do you raise your voice in reality?
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by 0rion: 7:15am On Jul 12, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Do you raise your voice in reality?

YES SOMETIMES.
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Source

Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison
By James Bishop -June 26, 2020

By James Bishop| David Wood, a former atheist, has an incredible story to share concerning his conversion to Christianity (1). Wood does admit to once being a sociopath and explains that “sociopaths don’t form normal attachments to other people. They lack empathy. When they see a person suffering they don’t feel bad over it.”

In fact, he thought that his detachment from any concern for other people was evidence of the next step in human evolution, “I was in high school biology when evolutionary theory was really laid out for us. Species develop new characteristics, new traits, and then those can actually eventually take over. And so I concluded that maybe I had reached a higher stage of humanity where I wasn’t held back by emotions the way other people were.”

This became the foundation for Wood’s justification for engaging in acts that transgressed the law, “And so I came to regard all these little rules that people tell you to follow as kind of brainwashing me. Breaking into places, and breaking into the school, or stealing things. I felt like I was stripping away these layers of rules that people had been imposing on me my entire life and it was an amazing feeling.”

However, when he was just 18 his intentions spiraled towards the extreme and he plotted to murder his own dad,

“And if I really wanted to be free of everything I had been brainwashed into thinking about right and wrong then I decided to kill my dad. And I decided to do it in a brutal fashion, not a gunshot, I was going to do it with a hammer. When I walked up to my dad with the hammer in my hand and I hit him in the head seven or eight times until I thought he was dead, and I just left.” Lucky for his dad one of his friends, Jim, found him “covered in blood and took him to a hospital…”

Wood then knew it was a matter of time before he was discovered as the culprit and thus decided to confess to his mom, “and so I went and told my mom, “Hey, I may have done this” because I thought I was being told on at that moment. [But] instead of taking me to the police she took me to a psychiatric hospital. They made a report based on the time I was there and it said anti-social personality disorder.” Subsequent to him spending time in the psychiatric hospital and undergoing psychiatric tests he would be sentenced by a judiciary, “Since my dad survived I was convicted of malicious wounding. I was sentenced to 10 years in prison.”

Wood recounts that he met a Christian in prison who proved to be unlike the other Christians he had met previously. They built a relationship and argued back and forth,

“There was a Christian named Randy and he was a bit different from everyone else, and one day he was reading his Bible and I walked up to him, and I said, “hey! You know why you’re reading your Bible? You’re reading your Bible because you were born in the United States. If you were born in China you would be a Buddhist, if you were born in India you would be a Hindu, if you were born in Saudi Arabia you would be a Muslim because people like you believe whatever you’re taught to believe. He started arguing with me and he started tearing me to pieces, and that was very different from other Christians that I’d argued with in the past. And this happened for a couple of months of [having] a series of arguments with Randy of Christianity versus my worldview. Randy was winning the arguments that we were getting into. I’m not going to beat him this way I am going to have to really learn the Bible so that I can respond to him. I regarded that as my weakness.”

As a result of Randy, Wood started to seriously consider the Bible and was taken aback by the person of Jesus presented within it, “I have to say that I was impressed with Jesus.” This, he now notes, challenged his atheism at the time, “I went from thinking that I was the best person in the world to thinking that I’m the worst person in the world. The question came up: either I’m stuck like this or there is someone out there that can deal with this. Who out of anyone had the ability to change, radically change, severely messed up people. It’s Jesus or it’s nothing. It’s Jesus or there is just no hope. I bowed down and I prayed and I said, “God, I don’t know if I am going to believe in you tomorrow but I believe in you right now. If you can do anything with me you’re welcome to it.”

So, he prayed and recounts that something inexplicable occurred at that very moment, “And I ran through the sinners prayer that I had heard there in the jail [and] when I sat up the whole world looked different. It looked like I was in a different place, it looked like it was a different colour, and I didn’t know if this was just something weird going on but I didn’t want to hurt anyone at that point. Soon an amazing calm… it felt like I had been physically non-stop brawling all my life and then I finally could just sit down and rest.”

But despite this massive shift Wood was still left with a father who he had previously bludgeoned with a hammer, “While I was in prison I thought it would be bad to actually confess because my dad, again, had no recollection. I’m a Christian now and I can’t spend my entire life saying I haven’t done something that I’ve done.”

So, he penned a letter in which he laid everything out to his dad and “He came to see me at the first chance… he said it was okay, and he forgives me. He told me, “I really didn’t think you did it.” And so for him to hear all of that at once and to still forgive me it’s amazing stuff.”

Wood has moved on with his life. He had not only attended college but also got married, had a family, and lived in honour and awe of Jesus, “Between jail and prison I was locked up for a little over five years. I got out of prison in 2000 and started college immediately. I started arguing with a young woman who was an agnostic and she eventually became a Christian, and we were married the following year. We have kids and being able to watch them grow up [but] given the things I had done I should not be able to have this sort of normal life. It kind of blows me away.”

[img]https://jamesbishopblog.files./2016/12/screen-shot-2016-12-15-at-5-16-29-pm.png?w=723[/img]

Today Wood is an active Christian apologist at an organisation called Acts 17. He has since debated a number of opponents representing both Islam and atheism. Acts 17 explains that David Wood “is a Teaching Fellow in Philosophy. A former atheist, David converted to Christianity after examining the evidence for God’s existence and the historical evidence for Jesus’ resurrection. He has degrees in biology and philosophy and is a member of the Society of Christian Philosophers and the Evangelical Philosophical Society. David lives in the Bronx, NY, with his wife Marie and his three sons—Lucian, Blaise, and Reid” (2).

[img]https://jamesbishopblog.files./2016/12/screen-shot-2016-12-15-at-5-17-03-pm.png?w=723[/img]

Wood, however, leaves us with the following thoughts, “I want people out there to know that there is a creator to this world, that there is a point to this world, that other people are important and that it’s not all just about you. Jesus rose from the dead and that shows that there is a point to everything, that there is a creator and that he does care about us, and that he entered this world to die for us. And that is a message that matters because it changes everything.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by festwiz(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
That's nice. Good for him.
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by engrtee(f): 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Many sociopath are Christian's, we simply call them sociopath. When it is atheist,it changes
Re: Former Atheist Sociopath, David Wood, Finds Jesus In Prison by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
engrtee:

Many sociopath are Christian's, we simply call them sociopath. When it is atheist,it changes

I noticed that David Wood has been a thorn in the flesh of Islam. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Be aware That satan will tempt You with Wealth while This Happens / Do You Want To Be Prayed For / What's The Difference Between TB Joshua And Reverend King?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.