Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians (6202 Views)

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning / Dangote Vies With China Over Tomato Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by WilyWily: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2009
bestvera:

My Brother honeric01 u dey mind that cow.
The guy who commended the Chinese, is he Hausa/Fulani cos you mentioned  Cow
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by iyeyemi: 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2009
sean na wa for u o, do u know ow many illegal immigrants are in the united states? how many of them ave u heard got themselves killed by the state just cause they didnt have the 'right', guess people like you are the reason why nobody will think twice of killing nigerians anyhow, am sorry i dont usually trade in insults here, but am compelled to echo an earlier opinon bout u, u rly must be a slowpoke
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by chosen04(f): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

Why wasnt the ambassador mentioned in the whole article?
Was he the one that gave them this information?
Why wasnt he summoned immediately?

All these are all lies and if anyone doubts it. . . . give the embassy in Beijing or consulate in Shanghai a call and hear from them.
That doesnt mean that the Chinese government is totally clean, but executing 30 person for being illegal is the biggest lie of the century.

Nuzo::
China is capable of executing 30 persons cos of begin Illegal. They have the 'worst human right record' in the world. Their citizens are not even spared, Thus, others may not matter to them. You saw the way ordinary protest by Tibetians were crushed!!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by koolchicco: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

China is capable of executing 30 persons cos of begin Illegal. They have the 'worst human right record' in the world. Their citizens are not even spared, Thus, others may not matter to them. You saw the way ordinary protest by Tibetians were crushed!!

Making more sense.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

Trust me, its a big lie. I keep in contact with the embassy and I have some close friends in the police. The Chinese police have such a great fear for foreigners (cos of the media), but do not take hostage when it comes to drug dealers.
Most of the execution that take place here are because of drugs and murder. This is a place where a Nigerian will kill his fellow Nigerian and stock him in the refrigerator for drug deals gone bad.

Is the Ambassador not the one thats supposed to be making such claims? Why is he or the Nigerian embassy not mentioned in the entire story?
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by sayso: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
don't they eat human flesh in China in a public restaurants ?
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by shalom1234: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2009
This is a very sad story, lives are meant to be preserved.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by violent(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
shame of a nation---Bad roads, Poor power supply, corrupt government, poor educational system----to crown it all, Nigerian nationals are being killed slaughtered like animals all around the world---what a shame
I doubt it if an American or  british citizen can be executed anywhere in the world without drawing a large media attention, and even such an act is tantamount to treading on the thin line of war with US or great Britain.
Like someone rightly pointed out, even killing 30 chickens at once is gross, and on certain occassions has generated protest from Animal right activist
But what will Nigerian leaders do after 30 citizens were executed at once on a foreign soil? Raise the issue at the National Assembly, debate foolishly on it and might even settle with an apology letter { at the most} from chinese government, i can bet my my fingernails this issue will not be on the media in another two months time----shame of a nation.
If you ever make a statistical estimation of how many Nigerians will love to be citizens of other nations if the had the choice, you will be appalled at the number--Americans anywhere in the world are proud to be Americans, that's because the US government places a high value on each individual even convicts!
shame of a nation!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
violent:

shame of a nation---Bad roads, Poor power supply, corrupt government, poor educational system----to crown it all, Nigerian nationals are being killed slaughtered like animals all around the world---what a shame
I doubt it if an American or  british citizen can be executed anywhere in the world without drawing a large media attention, and even such an act is tantamount to treading on the thin line of war with US or great Britain.
Like someone rightly pointed out, even killing 30 chickens at once is gross, and on certain occassions has generated protest from Animal right activist
But what will Nigerian leaders do after 30 citizens were executed at once on a foreign soil? Raise the issue at the National Assembly, debate foolishly on it and might even settle with an apology letter { at the most} from chinese government, i can bet my my fingernails this issue will not be on the media in another two months time----shame of a nation.
If you ever make a statistical estimation of how many Nigerians will love to be citizens of other nations if the had the choice, you will be appalled at the number--Americans anywhere in the world are proud to be Americans, that's because the US government places a high value on each individual even convicts!
shame of a nation!

Dont be naive my friend.
If you know any friend residing in china. . . . ask him if the chinese govt has ever pardoned an American or European caught in heavy drug deals?
Though you wouldnt hear much of these Americans because they rarely traffic drugs. . . . . but 3 in 5 Nigerians in China are drug peddlers.

What do you have to say about that?
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by bestvera: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2009
So we should kill all the illegal Chinese citizens in Nigeria? IS that how to make the world a better place?
YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO CIVILIZATION!!

so the chineses were not civilized when the 30 nigerians were killed.China dey come for this U17 sef? d matter dey pain me !!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by chosen04(f): 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2009
@Nuzo::

Even if it was drug and robbery related crimes! were they given the opportunity of fair hearing during the trial period, If any? Executing of 30 Nigerians at a go can not be justified by what ever standard. Be it drug related, robbery etc. What has happened to life sentence in extreme cases
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

Even if it was drug and robbery related crimes! were they given the opportunity of fair hearing during the trial period, If any? Executing of 30 Nigerians at a go can not be justified by what ever standard. Be it drug related, robbery etc. What has happened to life sentence in extreme cases

Now, thats what we have to collectively call attention of nigerian govt to instead of spreading lies about china executing 30 Nigerians for being illegal immigrants.
But if i must be honest with you; the embassy is always well informed before these executions.

I guess the problem the nigerians are having with this particular case is that they dont want the corpses to be cremated.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nezan(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
This is simply unlawful, inhuman and a violation of the right to life of those innocent patriots.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Niseed(m): 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
i believe the lives and interests of Nigerians around the world should be safeguarded by all means but here lies the paradox, alot of Nigerians are treated badly and in worst cases killed on a daily basis on our soil and nothing is done about it. many of us are guilty of the crime of even renting a police officer or military personnel to blatantly violate the basic human rights of fellow Nigerians.

so i ask why would the government of a country well known for their strict laws and poor human rights record care about 30 Nigerians?, (who i believe committed crimes that led to their execution btw)

penalty for drugs=death- it doesnt take a genius to figure out that if you are caught a meeting between the individual and God will be arranged sharpish.

As far as the chinese are concerned they might even think they are doing their citizens a favour because they like us are over-populated and the thought of having citizens from the most populous nation in west africa breaking their laws is a bit too much.

Bottomline-transact business you have in china, obey their laws and bounce when you are supposed to.

and for those comparing Nigeria to the USA and other countries remember every citizen (with nothing to hide) is on a database and can be traced should the need arise whereas in our great country we cant even determine if someone was born 20 years ago or even if he has a driving license.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by deezah(f): 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2009
Why is everyone attacking sean? So she's heartless because she expressed herself matter of factly? Why do we condone things that we ordinarily wouldn't just because Nigerians are involved? Sean didnt even say it serves them right to be executed because they are illegal immigrants. No one is that heartless. The post also didnt say they were executed because they are illegal immigrants. Nuzo who lives there has confirmed that China only executes drug peddlers and murderers, only after ample warning has been given. You know the penalty for such offences is death, then why the hell will you now go there and commit them anyway We think because we get away with a lot of things in our country, it'll be the same elsewhere? Come on, people, look at it clearly. While I completely decry the execution of 30 Nigerians for whatever reason, I still think it's not possible to be executed simply because one is an illegal immigrant. Anyway, some of you are absplutely right that China can try this shit with us because our government doesn't give a damn anyway. Still THIS IS A NOTE OF WARNING TO US ALL.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2009
Chincos got strict laws which they might be proud of but nigerians over there should avoid criminal behaviour especially when we have a govt that care less about our lives.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Badmann: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
This whole situation is straightforward, just round up 30 chinamen from chinatown at Ojota, and pay them back for their country angry angry angry
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by MrCrackles(m): 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
Nigerian reps are toothless nonentities. . . .Tackle China for where! grin
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by MrCrackles(m): 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
Badmann:

This whole situation is straightforward, just round up 30 chinamen from chinatown at Ojota, and pay them back for their country angry angry angry
shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy grin
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by chosen04(f): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2009
deezah:

Why is everyone attacking sean? So she's heartless because she expressed herself matter of factly? Why do we condone things that we ordinarily wouldn't just because Nigerians are involved? Sean didnt even say it serves them right to be executed because they are illegal immigrants. No one is that heartless. The post also didnt say they were executed because they are illegal immigrants. Nuzo who lives there has confirmed that China only executes drug peddlers and murderers, only after ample warning has been given. You know the penalty for such offences is death, then why the hell will you now go there and commit them anyway We think because we get away with a lot of things in our country, it'll be the same elsewhere? Come on, people, look at it clearly. While I completely decry the execution of 30 Nigerians for whatever reason, I still think it's not possible to be executed simply because one is an illegal immigrant. Anyway, some of you are absplutely right that China can try this shit with us because our government doesn't give a damn anyway. Still THIS IS A NOTE OF WARNING TO US ALL.

SO whats the point that you are making? That 30 Nigerians are guilty of drug related offence and thus, must be executed at a go like chickens without fair hearing before the law?. Even  the Libya citizen  who was CONVICTED of lockbie bombing which 230 killed persons just sentence to life imprisonment and his country used every legal and illegal means to  have him released

Nigeria must stop allowing her citizens to be executed by any country especially, Country like China that a 'very poor human right records'
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by clomn(m): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2009
ILLEGAL OR LEGAL DEATH SHOULD BE OUT OF THE CASE.
NIGERIANS HAS BEEN SOLD TOO CHEAP TO THE REST OF THE WORLD BY OUR ECONOMY AND SO CALLED LEADERS.
IF NOT WHO IS A GARLIC SMELLING CHINESE TO LAY HANDS ON AN OIL RICH NIGERIAN.

WHEN CHINESE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT STARTED YEARS BACK THEY USE TO WELCOME AND RESPECT NIGERIANS WITH BOTH HANDS.

I LIVE NIGERIA IN THE HANDS OF GOD. angry angry angry angry
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by koolchicco: 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nigerian reps are toothless nonentities. . . .Tackle China for where! grin

Don't write 'em off yet. At least they just intervened in Libya.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by lexandra(f): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2009
30 LIVES just like that? another sad one cry!!       If what you get for doing drugs , murder & some other major offences against a fellow human being or people is DEATH, then back off!!!
To some countries  human life means nothing, after laying down such rules they expect them to be obeyed, or face the music.
In some parts of the world, INNOCENT human beings  are being slaughtered and processed as canned foods, just like cornbeef and the likes for export, then come to think of the fact that you were caught in the act, by breaking the rules.
But still it is wrong, why not give a fair hearing, then put 'em in coolers if found guilty  or send them back, never to enter that land again.
I will never support taking another life, just my 2 cents.

THE GOVT. SHOULD WAKE UP, TACKLE UNEMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE BASIC AMMENITIES AND SECURITY OF LIVES AND PROPERTIES. THE RESOURCES ARE THERE, WHAT NEXT, THE LEADERS, THE LEADERS, THE LEADERS!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by ud4u: 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ SeanT21,
you must be more than wicked. Infact there is no adjective to qualify you.
You did not have pity for 30 people been masacred just like that and you are here to justify the killing.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by agitator: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

Even if it was drug and robbery related crimes! were they given the opportunity of fair hearing during the trial period, If any?Executing of 30 Nigerians at a go can not be justified by what ever standard. Be it drug related, robbery etc. What has happened to  life sentence in extreme cases

I think their laws are clear on punishments for offenses, last year a chinese high ranking official (equivalent of NAFDAC boss) was executed for bribery. Also i heard in the news recently that some people involved in the recent ethnic riotings had been condemned to death, and if I'm not mistaken they are chinese citizens.

When you go to a foreign land don't think you can bend their laws the way we allow foreigners to break and bend our laws.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
agitator:

I think their laws are clear on punishments for offenses, last year a chinese high ranking official (equivalent of NAFDAC boss) was executed for bribery. Also i heard in the news recently that some people involved in the recent ethnic riotings had been condemned to death, and if I'm not mistaken they are chinese citizens.

When you go to a foreign land don't think you can bend their laws the way we allow foreigners to break and bend our laws.

Nigerians bent the law up to the extent that the once foreign friendly chinese police couldnt stomach it anymore.

FYI, other Africans get as much respect and treatment from the Chinese police as the Americans or British get here. Of course, except Nigerians.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by RichyBlacK(m): 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2009
What are they willing to do? Bunch of useless Nigerian politicians!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2009
chosen04:

SO whats the point that you are making? That 30 Nigerians are guilty of drug related offence and thus, must be executed at a go like chickens without fair hearing before the law?. Even  the Libya citizen  who was CONVICTED of lockbie bombing which 230 killed persons just sentence to life imprisonment and his country used every legal and illegal means to  have him released

Nigeria must stop allowing her citizens to be executed by any country especially, Country like China that a 'very poor human right records'

Don't be dense. What has Libya's laws got to do with Chinese laws?
The punishment for drug related offences in China is DEATH. This is known, and it's the same in Malaysia and i think Singapore. Does the fact that Nigeria does not execute drug smugglers make chinese laws wrong?

You're talking about a country that will and have executed mayors, governors and party chiefs for corruption. They have strict laws. Don't break them and you'll be alright. Simple as that!
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by SeanT21(f): 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
Heartless?? Whatever!! cheesy

If U break the law that U have been warned several times about then U deserve any punishment that comes Ur way.Stop screaming because they are Ur people. Get real!!

ohh, they were smuggling drugs. How many times do they need to be warned??
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by SeanT21(f): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
iyeyemi:

sean na wa for u o, do u know ow many illegal immigrants are in the united states? how many of them ave u heard got themselves killed by the state just cause they didnt have the 'right', guess people like you are the reason why nobody will think twice of killing nigerians anyhow, am sorry i dont usually trade in insults here, but am compelled to echo an earlier opinon bout u, u rly must be a slowpoke

They were killed for smuggling drugs not illegal immigration. They knew the punishment they would receive if caught but they still decided to go ahead with the plan. Why in the world should I have compassion on them?? I am not happy they got killed but I can not say they did not have it commin.
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by koolchicco: 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

They were killed for smuggling drugs not illegal immigration. They knew the punishment they would receive if caught but they still decided to go ahead with the plan. Why in the world should I have compassion on them?? I am not happy they got killed but I can not say they did not have it commin.

SeanT21:

Heartless?? Whatever!! cheesy

If U break the law that U have been warned several times about then U deserve any punishment that comes your way.Stop screaming because they are your people. Get real!!

ohh, they were smuggling drugs. How many times do they need to be warned??

Which pipo? U sure have a loud mouff. shocked
Re: Reps Tackle China Over Killing Of 30 Nigerians by SeanT21(f): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
koolchicco:

Which pipo? U sure have a loud mouff. shocked

Nigerians. U guys wanna defend them because they are ur bros. Sorry for my loud mouth. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

kwara politics / Young Man Who Told Prof. Wole Soyinka To Stand Up From His Window Seat Revealed / This Woman In Buhari Cabinet Is Far Worse Than Diezanj Alisson Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.