Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Boko Haram Am The 21 Chibok Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Am The 21 Chibok Girls (371 Views)

Released 21 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents, See Emotional Photos / Fayose Reacts To The Release Of The 21 Chibok Girls / Names And Photos Of Some Of The 21 Chibok Girls Released By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Am The 21 Chibok Girls by Rave91: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2016
A couple of days ago, the news broke that 21 of the kidnapped Chibok girls had been freed. The deal was reportedly brokered by the Red Cross International Committee and the Swiss government. They were exchanged with four high profile Boko Haram terrorists, says the government. Of course, there was celebration in many quarters.

I received the news with mixed feelings. Mixed feelings because, on one hand, I was happy that these girls got to experience freedom again and on the other hand, sad for the others, who are being held against their will, and subjected to whatever conditions their captors deem fit.

Over 250 girls were captured. 57 reportedly escaped. Few were allegedly killed. And now, the government negotiated the release of just 21. Maybe it's just me, but with the way this is looking, they might be the only ones freed by this administration.

Why were only 21 girls released? Why wasn't the negotiation for all of them? They are human beings not batches of products. What if efforts are not made to release the other hundreds? This release if true,has raised the hopes of other parents, that they would see their daughters again. What if that doesn't happen?What if the other girls would be indefinitely used by Boko Haram as leverage to keep terrorising this country?

I think that the Federal Government should put plans in place to secure the release of all of the girls at once. Meanwhile, we are yet to hear from any of the parents or even from Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili.

This is not the first time that some Chibok girls allegedly found their freedom. Going through news platforms, a lot of Nigerians do not believe that those girls are really who the government said that they are, what with the release in batches like seen with NYSC mobilization. But this is hoping that these ones are truly some of the girls kidnapped over two years ago and not a government staged drama.

Negotiating with terrorists doesn't usually end well. Especially terrorists that see their 'colleagues' as expendable. What if they don't care about the exchange of their members anymore? Would the FG just sit around as usual, waiting for a miracle? We all heard about the arms deal saga. I think that these girls would be rescued, everyone of them at once, if our armed forces were better equipped to do so.We hope that a day would come, and soon, when all the surviving girls, would be taken away from their captors and this term, Boko Haram, would be a thing of the past.

http://www.dejagaban.com/boko-haram-am-the-21-chibok-girls/
Re: Boko Haram Am The 21 Chibok Girls by HQuadreal: 10:31am On Oct 17, 2016
Nigeria Politics.
Re: Boko Haram Am The 21 Chibok Girls by evanscheck(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2016
Hello Mr wat do u want !
The gals are being released and u are here complaining abt rubbish .
If u wanted to release them so badly ,did boko haram hide their address , walk in to sambissa Forrest and demand their release , and if u can't do that just keep mute and watch how they wud he released to the last surviving one ...
I hate to say this but they are causality of war and things like this happen wen there is a civic or hostile situation ..
Re: Boko Haram Am The 21 Chibok Girls by evanscheck(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2016
Hello Mr wat do u want !
The gals are being released and u are here complaining abt rubbish .
If u wanted to release them so badly ,did boko haram hide their address , walk in to sambissa Forrest and demand their release , and if u can't do that just keep mute and watch how they wud he released to the last surviving one ...
I hate to say this but they are causality of war and things like this happen wen there is hostile situation ..

(1) (Reply)

Benue State Governor, Spotted Enjoying Meal Of Akara And Pap At A Local Village / Open Letter To Bukola Saraki And Co. / One Wrong That Lead To Nigerian Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.